Long Shot just got longer

PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Long Shot just got longer

Post by Left Seater »

Coastal Carolina loses two to arguing balls and strikes.
CARY, N.C. (AP) — If Coastal Carolina is going to stage a super regional rally, the Chanticleers will have to do it short-handed.
Coastal Carolina will be without staff ace Bobby Gagg and reliever Joey Haug for the rest of the Cary Super Regional — and maybe even beyond.

The Chants' two pitchers were ejected during Saturday's series opener for arguing balls and strikes. Officials at the super regional, citing the NCAA rulebook, say Gagg and Haug will be suspended four games because both pitchers already had been removed from the game.

UNC UP 1-0: Tar Heels take Game 1 from Coastal

A tournament official says the suspensions even would carry over to the College World Series — if the Chants make it that far.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: North Carolina | Tar Heels | College World Series | Chanticleers | Chants
Gagg was the losing pitcher in North Carolina's 9-4 victory in Game 1. Haug worked 1 1-3 innings of relief.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Not like the game was close either 9-4 was the score.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Re: Long Shot just got longer

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I dont see why they dont just use some sort of censors to determine strikes and balls at the college level and above. they have the technology and umps have been worthless at it since the start of time. I had an ump throw one of my kids out of a game this year when the kid used the end of his bat to draw a line 5 inches off the plate where the ball had flown on a called first strike. A digital system will speed up the game and balls and strikes will be consistent at bat to at bat, inning to inning and game to game.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Long Shot just got longer

Post by Left Seater »

So who pays for this? Who makes the balk call? Who decides fair or foul when it hits near the left field line?

Damn right your player should have been tossed. If what you told us all season was true about your team and winning by 20+ runs, you bet your ass the strike zone is 5 or more inches off the plate. Why am I not surprised one of your players would think he was better than everyone else, umpire included.

While you are at it you might as well not stop with baseball. You can have football officials call every single hold every single time, which would be every play. Basketball officials can call every hand check, every bump, and every travel.

Games wouldn't be faster, they would be twice as long.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.