Miami regional

PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Miami regional

Post by Adelpiero »

they got screwd. they are #1 team in CBB, and they get one of toughest regions.

bethune-cookman as a #4. they are better than a 4 seed
Ole miss as a #3 seed. they can pitch, and are definately a spoiler
Mizzou gets #2 seed If they can get a win, with Crow throwing game #2, they can win the regional. If they have to have Zagone pitch a must win, they are done.

And lefty is crying about Tejas. Christ, tejas wouldnt make it out of the Miami regional, they wouldnt win a game.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Re: Miami regional

Post by Adelpiero »

Ole miss would be my upset pick. they are very similar to MU, and if they get the pitching, they could be going to a super.

that losers game vs cookman is going to be a tough one. they arent push overs.

Also, dallas baptist could be another spolier. solid team, they will be a tough 2 vs 3 game.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

So if the Big XII tourney champ and one of the hottest teams in the nation wouldn't win a game in the Miami regional then why are you even bothering to watch? Missu will get worked if that is the case. Ask FSU about having Texas in your bracket.

Bottom line is Texas should be hosting, maybe in ATM's spot.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Left Seater wrote:So if the Big XII tourney champ and one of the hottest teams in the nation wouldn't win a game in the Miami regional then why are you even bothering to watch? Missu will get worked if that is the case. Ask FSU about having Texas in your bracket.

Bottom line is Texas should be hosting, maybe in ATM's spot.
who the hell is missu? mississippi u?

Tejas:

they have no bullpen
horrible defense

Miami would love to pile on 18 runs(9 un earned) against tejas, they won't do that to MU,Ole miss, or cookman. Believe what you want, No one is afraid of Tejas, they see a horrible defensive team with a equally horrible bullpen. They finished 5th in the conference, and they should be hosting? are you serious? Nebraska,aTm,OSU all deserved their regionals.

Ok, quick question: Should Mizzou of hosted a regional? Mizzou finished higher in conference, also was 3-1 against tejas. I say no way, Mizzou hosts, but if your trying to tell me Tejas should host, then Mizzou certainly should get that bid before longhorns. That is a no brainer. Who cares if they won the Big12 tourney, it's a crap shoot, should have ZERO bearings on whether you host or not!

Tejas will have their hands full with St.Johns. Poor defense and bad bullpen gets you nowhere.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Lefty,

I know you are trying to bait me in a discussion about the A&M regional. I still look at the season's body of work. A&M seems to have somewhat righted the ship with another victory over Misery making it 4-0 on the year. Yeah, A&M was 0-4 against t.u. A&M also had the best overall record and best conference record. Surely that has some weight in your book even though A&M floundered down the stretch.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I think that the Stoolwater regional may be as difficult to come out of as the Miami regional. There are three teams that could conceivably come out of Stagnantpond.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Adelpiero wrote:who the hell is missu?
Did you guys not learn the difference between "S" and "Z" in school?
Adelpiero wrote:Should Mizzou of hosted a regional?
Hell no! There is much more to hosting a regional than who finished higher in conference. The main reason you shouldn't host is the amazing 2200 seats at Taylor Stadium. Now maybe when they make those temporary seats from last post season permanent we can revisit. A huge part of site selection is availability for fans, TV access, and the money going to the NCAA. Texas beats you in that by a mile. Plus your records are like a game different and you are about 4 or 5 spots different in the rankings. If I were the NCAA I had a choice between Missouri and Texas this season, I go Texas.
Adelpiero wrote:Who cares if they won the Big12 tourney, it's a crap shoot
Just like the regionals are. You are playing back to back to back days at all different times. Plus what a team did in Feb or March isn't always a good reflection of what they are capable of in May and June.
Adelpiero wrote:Poor defense and bad bullpen gets you nowhere.
Except for a Big XII tourney title. If their bullpen is really so bad then it should have been exposed in a tourney setting.

IndyFrisco wrote:I know you are trying to bait me in a discussion about the A&M regional. I still look at the season's body of work. A&M seems to have somewhat righted the ship with another victory over Misery making it 4-0 on the year. Yeah, A&M was 0-4 against t.u. A&M also had the best overall record and best conference record. Surely that has some weight in your book even though A&M floundered down the stretch.
Bottom line is this Frisco. As a fan of RICE who would I rather see in the Houston Regional right now? Right now I have to say ATM over Texas. Check that. First would be Missouri, then ATM, then Texas. That's it. Yeah there was a little baiting but you can handle it. Sure the regular season is important, but so is recent history. Plus the fact that Garido always seems to have his guys peak at this time of year.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I will accept that explanation. I get it that you would prefer to play A&M over t.u. RIGHT NOW as we have been down the last couplefew weeks. I thought you were inferring that t.u. DESERVES the regional more than A&M. Yeah, they may have played better ball recently, but, as I said before...best overall record + best conference record + 4 GB margin in both between A&M/tu. + Olsen a great place to host > t.u. 4-0 vs. A&M + conf tourney weekend win.

I mean hell, Kansas Fucking State was in the XII tourney title game. Winning a round robin at the end of the season where everyone is invited to join, while fun and all, isn't that big of a deal when you have nearly 60 games in a season.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Adelpiero wrote:
Tejas will have their hands full with St.Johns. Poor defense and bad bullpen gets you nowhere.
Buwhahahahaha

those tough longhorns :meds: :meds: I told you, they wouldn't win a game in Coral Gables, they can't beat Missouri, Miami would put a 15 spot on them, and Ole Miss would beat them in a cripple fest. Bethune Cookman would give them all they could handle!

rack St.Johns for proving my point
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Bad move pitching Crow today Adel, Bad move.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Bad move pitching Crow today Adel, Bad move.
If berger went game 2, i could see it, but they are throwing Zagone.

this isn't the Zagone who pitched MU to a regional win at Pepperdine as a freshman, he is nowhere near the pitcher he was.

I like Timmy J. he has built a nice program, but sometimes he brain farts at the wrong time.

If Zagone wins, then they come back with Berger, and Crow for 5 innings, then it's genius. they get beat up, and have to have Berger pitch them through to face miami again, with a tired Crow. Poor coaching.

seriously, everyone in MU fan base was told by people in the know, that Crow was being saved for Game #2. Maybe Jamison didnt trust his team to win game #1 with berger or zagone.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Adelpiero wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Bad move pitching Crow today Adel, Bad move.
If berger went game 2, i could see it, but they are throwing Zagone.

this isn't the Zagone who pitched MU to a regional win at Pepperdine as a freshman, he is nowhere near the pitcher he was.

I like Timmy J. he has built a nice program, but sometimes he brain farts at the wrong time.

If Zagone wins, then they come back with Berger, and Crow for 5 innings, then it's genius. they get beat up, and have to have Berger pitch them through to face miami again, with a tired Crow. Poor coaching.

seriously, everyone in MU fan base was told by people in the know, that Crow was being saved for Game #2. Maybe Jamison didnt trust his team to win game #1 with berger or zagone.

I really thought that Mizzou would get the run support needed against Ole Piss regardless of who you started and come in against Miami with Crow and he be nails as he has been all season. Biggest reason I chose them to win the Regional.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Not yes, but HELL YES - Mizzou comes all the way back from down 5-0 to tie with a blast in the 8th inning.

I think Miami is shocked. Win or lose, the Tigers showed they can play with the Big Dogs.

Rack ESPN U for showing this game and rack Time Warner Cable for having it.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Right, Texas has no pitiching. Hell they have only given up 8 runs total in three games. Missu managed to give that up in two innings today, 5th and 8th. Texas went to the pen yesterday just to give guys an inning or two of work.

Missu is also going home while Texas is playing again tonight.
Adelpiero wrote:Ole Miss would beat them in a cripple fest.
Oops, how's that taste right about now?

Texas would have won at least a game in Miami, same as Missu. And with the way the Miami regional is playing out maybe the committee got it right and it wasn't the hardest.

Got to like where Rice is sitting right about now. Just need to beat Texas in one of the next two. Really want to do it tonight though cause a game tomorrow scares me.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Left Seater wrote:Right, Texas has no pitiching. Hell they have only given up 8 runs total in three games. Missu managed to give that up in two innings today, 5th and 8th. Texas went to the pen yesterday just to give guys an inning or two of work.

Missu is also going home while Texas is playing again tonight.
Adelpiero wrote:Ole Miss would beat them in a cripple fest.
Oops, how's that taste right about now?

Texas would have won at least a game in Miami, same as Missu. And with the way the Miami regional is playing out maybe the committee got it right and it wasn't the hardest.

Got to like where Rice is sitting right about now. Just need to beat Texas in one of the next two. Really want to do it tonight though cause a game tomorrow scares me.
your not very sharp are you? Mizzou had one of toughest regionals in CBB. I had them losing to #1 team in nation. And like i said, Texas isn't going to beat Missouri.

They beat St.Johns, buwahaha and Sam Houston st, and your touting texas. man, get your head out of the longhorns ass.

texas would of been home Saturday if they were in Coral Gables region.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Whatever :meds:

We will have to agree to disagree. Texas is the same team as Missu. Took them OT to settle their last game. You called Ole Miss Cripples and then lose to them. Oops, you thought they were crap until they beat you.

Too bad we didn't have Missu in Houston as I would have loved to see RICE have a shot at that "Great Missu Pitching." Oh well.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Left Seater wrote:Whatever :meds:

We will have to agree to disagree. Texas is the same team as Missu. Took them OT to settle their last game. You called Ole Miss Cripples and then lose to them. Oops, you thought they were crap until they beat you.

Too bad we didn't have Missu in Houston as I would have loved to see RICE have a shot at that "Great Missu Pitching." Oh well.

no, i said they would of beat Tejas in a cripple fest. read a little.

PS bethune Cookman would of beat Texas
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

no, i said they would of beat Tejas in a cripple fest.
Exactly. You infered they were a cripple themselves. Then they beat you.