#4 vs. #6

PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

#4 vs. #6

Post by indyfrisco »

#4 Missouri (29-11/9-6) vs. #6 Texas A&M (34-7/15-3) this weekend as well.

Not really sure the writers and/or coaches look at records before voting or not.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: #4 vs. #6

Post by SunCoastSooner »

IndyFrisco wrote:#4 Missouri (29-11/9-6) vs. #6 Texas A&M (34-7/15-3) this weekend as well.

Not really sure the writers and/or coaches look at records before voting or not.
I see the records but I would vote Misery a head of aTm as well. aTm would have to sweep this series for me to even consider ranking them higher than Misery as well. JMHO.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Big series for both teams.

Can Mizzou's strong arms slow down aTm's equalling strong bats?

Looking forward to finding out.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Mizzou too inconsistent

they either bring the bats, no pitching
or
Bring pitching and no bats.

This is huge series for both. Mizzou gets Nebraska at home in a week or so, so if they win 2 of 3, they could use that to try and move up in standings with Nebraska coming to town!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

8-1 sixth inning deficit yesterday and A&M comes back to win 9-8. Hope the rest of the series is this exciting...in our favor of course.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

As for ranking, I was looking at conference record as opposed to overall record. A&M has performed much better in conference.

Either way, this weekend will determine who will be ranked higher come Monday. And rankings are pure shit anyhow. I just hope we get to host the regional. Not many places put 5000+ in the seats at college baseball games. College Station is one of them.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:#4 Missouri (29-11/9-6) vs. #6 Texas A&M (34-7/15-3) this weekend as well.

I see the records but I would vote Misery a head of aTm as well. aTm would have to sweep this series for me to even consider ranking them higher than Misery as well. JMHO.
A&M 9-8
A&M 15-0
A&M 3-2

Considering it now? :P
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

IndyFrisco wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

A&M 9-8
A&M 15-0
A&M 3-2

Considering it now? :P
Yes... figures that I finally give Misery some credit and they return to being Misery.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Two 1 run games and a blowout?

Props aTm.

Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

War Wagon wrote:Two 1 run games and a blowout?

Props aTm.

Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.
I do have to give Misery some credit. Olson Field is one of the toughest places to play. The students sit right behind the visitors and heckle them the whole game. Truly is a great atmosphere. A&M Yells (or cheers as the opposing teams like to call them) are not allowed at the baseball games. There are no Yell Leaders. It's just the students having fun. The students who heckle are known as the Aggie Raggies because they rag on the other team (no, not that kind of rag).

To some, it is considered classless. If I were to see it for the first time as an opposing player or fan, I would think so. However, going to all the games as a student and returning after graduation for many games, I know it is all in good fun. The students razz the other team, but when they make a good play or are outplayed, A&MFan will give credit where credit is due. Many a time I was giving standing ovations to opposing players for hitting a long bomb or making a great play in the field. Many a time, I've heard a heckle and seen the opposing player look back and smile. They know it is in good fun.

All that being said, Misery blew an 8-1 sixth inning lead in Game 1. That easily could have gone there way and should have. A&M blew them out in Game 2. Game 3 went to extra innings so it was a toss-up. We easily could have gone 1-2 in the series. I'm glad the way it turned out though.