Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Mark it down Adel...

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I said it here and first...

Misery is for REAL this season!

Pitching staff is absolutly SICK.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Mark it down Adel...

Post by Dinsdale »

Mark it down... Oregon is for real!

Well, kind of.

I'll tell you what, though. I despise all things Beavs, except the fact that almost all of the players from the last two seasons are from Oregon (almost all Willamette Valley kids).

But what tards the baseball pollsters are. Sure, I realize NCAA baseball is much harder to follow than basketball or football, but geez... when will they learn? They should know which state brings the lumber by now. OS isn't even freaking ranked. Sure, ASU is running away with the PAC 9 (for one more year), but to count out the defending champs is pretty silly. Hell, I hope the bastards pull the three-peat, to make it that much sweeter when Oregon clowns them at yet another sport.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

SunCoastSooner wrote:I said it here and first...

Misery is for REAL this season!

Pitching staff is absolutly SICK.

i already posted about their pitching staff before the season started, Crow is one of best pitchers in CBB.

shitty game today, typical let down of midweek game after big sweep of conference team.

going into every Weekend series, MU will be favorites, there are only a handful of teams who can match friday-sundays starters.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

so far after tonights game

Crow 2 starts in Big12 play 2 shut outs.

Mu as a team 4 games 0 err.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

their pitching is sick

their offense is sickly

pissed away another pitching gem.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

zagone is horrible.

when you believe the hype, bad things happen. Poor coaching this weekend.

and Tejas is a bad team.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Figures... I give Misery props and they turn to shit.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Missouri pitcher Aaron Crow pitched a shutout game against Oklahoma State on Friday night. After holding the Cowboys scoreless for nine innings, Crow took the Division I record for most scoreless innings pitched in a row. Crow hasn't given up a run in his last 42.2 innings pitched.

i told ya before season, this fuckin guy is good!

he dominated the best hitters in college during the summer.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

OK State vs. Mizzou today on Fox Sports channel. Finally, I'll get to see what all the fuss is about.

I would dearly love to see them play in Omaha this year.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

They is good. Tigers scored 31 on Texas last night. Even though Texas is not very good this year, they got punked by the Tigers big time.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Must be nice to give up 9 runs in 5 innings and still get the win.

Looking forward to the A&M/Misery match next weekend in College Station. That series and the one against Nebraska will make or break our season in conference.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Dinsdale wrote:Mark it down... Oregon is for real!

Well, kind of.

I'll tell you what, though. I despise all things Beavs, except the fact that almost all of the players from the last two seasons are from Oregon (almost all Willamette Valley kids).

But what tards the baseball pollsters are. Sure, I realize NCAA baseball is much harder to follow than basketball or football, but geez... when will they learn? They should know which state brings the lumber by now. OS isn't even freaking ranked. Sure, ASU is running away with the PAC 9 (for one more year), but to count out the defending champs is pretty silly. Hell, I hope the bastards pull the three-peat, to make it that much sweeter when Oregon clowns them at yet another sport.
what is an absolute joke by the NCAA, Oregon State and UCSB didnt get bids when the SEC sends 9 schools and Oklahoma that was several games below .500 in conf do. USC has sucked under Kreuter but even the Trojans were 8-0 OOC vs the type of schools the South East schools play OOC, well not the type, the actual schools themselves. When schools out West play a non conf game theyre playing UCI, Fullerton, Long Beach, Riverside, Pepperdine, San Diego. The NCAA is good at spreading out the bids so that south eastern schools can get an easier shot at reaching Omaha butin the last 40 years, only 11 champions have come from east of Texas
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

I don't think you will get many OU fans saying they should have been in.

I also don't think a team that doesn't play in its conf tourney should be elligible. So the SEC only gets 8 bids that way.

However, I don't think that Oregon State deserved a shot either. They had some horrible losses.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Never mind her, Lefty. Methinks that now toejam has expanded his homerism to Oregan State that there needs to be a Pac 10 Ballsucking Homer troll. Any volunteers? Besides the Pac 10 Ballsucking Homer?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:I don't think you will get many OU fans saying they should have been in.

I also don't think a team that doesn't play in its conf tourney should be elligible. So the SEC only gets 8 bids that way.

However, I don't think that Oregon State deserved a shot either. They had some horrible losses.
Didn't I say that OU had no business in the tourny here and it was a tragedy?

But of all the bitching toejam is doing the team that really got screwed wasn't a west coast team but a school in Texas. UT-San Antonio deserved to be in the tourny undoubetedly!
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Exactly my point, you guys got it.

UTSA did have a great season.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

butin the last 40 years, only 11 champions have come from east of Texas
What is your point with this? Are you saying the field should be skewed because of this? Hell, if so let's look at football over the same period. West of Texas there has only been 7 champions in college football over the last 40 years. Plus the majority of those are back in the 70s. Only one in the 2000s, two in the 90s and one in the 80s.

So if 11 out of 40 is bad then 7 out of 40 is worse.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Left Seater wrote:
butin the last 40 years, only 11 champions have come from east of Texas
What is your point with this? Are you saying the field should be skewed because of this? Hell, if so let's look at football over the same period. West of Texas there has only been 7 champions in college football over the last 40 years. Plus the majority of those are back in the 70s. Only one in the 2000s, two in the 90s and one in the 80s.

So if 11 out of 40 is bad then 7 out of 40 is worse.

Well Im not going to argue with your number of there being just 7 National football titles won by schools west of Texas (except USC has won 2 in the 2000's) However, it should be noted that there are just 11 BCS football teams west of Texas (the Pac 10 + Colorado) and 54 from Texas on East
A higher percentage of titles per BCS Schools in the West than the East.

Point is that the schools from the western part of the country are simply better, the major conf schools are good but the lower conf schools like Fullerton, Long Beach, Fresno, San Diego, Irvine, Santa Barbara are far far better than the non major conf schools from back east. USC sucked in baseball but still went 8-0 vs the schools from the south east that the SEC and ACC schools fatten up with 20+ games against.
My kids travel teams havent had a bit of trouble vs teams from east of Houston (The Banditos are pretty bad ass though) in national tournaments.
The Pac 9 has won more than twice as many titles in baseball as any other conference, the NCAA needs to recognize that when building their brackets.
Same thing with softball, ASU won the Pac 8 in softball and were given the 6 seed while a team from Florida (that was made up mostly of California Girls) gets the #1 seed and doesnt even reach the finals where ASU kick fucked the Aggies, another Pac 8 title.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

^^^ Babs? ^^^

Calling bode on women's sports now...when will it ever end?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

not calling "bode" ,whatever that is, on anything. Pointing out that the NCAA needs to consider past champions when setting up playoff brackets, especially when certain regions have proven to dominate certain sports as much as they have
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

U$C has one national title in the 2000s. They may have given themselves rings for their AP title, but outside of $C fan few people agree. $C and the PAC 10 agreed to the system in place, no matter how wrong, and as such they didn't win THE title. Hell, the AP has said they don't want any part of awarding titles.

And great you think the lower level Cali schools are better in baseball. I can say the same thing the other way about football. Again it means nothing.

Each year should stand on its own. History should have no bearing on setting brackets or handing out the invites.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Bullshit, USC was number 1 in both fucking Polls before the Bowl Games and they dismantled the Big 11 champ. If anything, LSU won the computer title and USC won the title as it had been won for the previous 40 years.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Anyone have that pic still of the billboard showing U$C and their one - pete?

That was great, and true.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

U$C Crazed Fan wrote:Point is that the schools from the western part of the country are simply better,
Care to explain why the "simply better" teams from the west went 0-2 in Super Regional games against the teams from the East? While you are at it why not explain why of the top 8 national seeds the only ones to not make it to Omaha are from the west coast?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

This what you were looking for Lefty?

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

That's it.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Left Seater wrote:
U$C Crazed Fan wrote:Point is that the schools from the western part of the country are simply better,
Care to explain why the "simply better" teams from the west went 0-2 in Super Regional games against the teams from the East? While you are at it why not explain why of the top 8 national seeds the only ones to not make it to Omaha are from the west coast?
where were the games at? and where were the teams that knocked the other top seed out from?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Point is 0-2 for the "simply better" West coast teams.

You do understand the point of regionals right. Yeah, ASU was knocked out by Fresno. If RICE had gone down it would have been to ATM or Texas. There were only two that matched teams from other areas of the country and the west lost both.