Antarctica trip

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Kierland

Re: Antarctica trip

Post by Kierland »

Came up on my Reddit feed the other day.
Super interesting story.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... 180982234/
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:09 pm Why did the orcas leave the boats full of white people alone in the Antarctic, but are ramming boats full of black people in the Mediterranean?
Are orcas racist?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:54 am
Are orcas racist?
Shouldn’t be. They’re black and white.

From Kierland’s link:

“On May 4, three orcas rammed into a Swiss yacht called Champagne sailing in the Strait of Gibraltar, reports Yacht magazine. After the first bump, crew members thought the vessel had collided with something, but they quickly realized orcas were pummeling the yacht. The situation eventually became so dire the ship’s crew had to call the coast guard, which sent rescuers. As they towed the boat toward a nearby port, it sank from the damage it had sustained.

Werner Schaufelberger, the vessel’s 72-year-old skipper, tells Yacht magazine that the two smaller orcas shook the rudder while the bigger one rammed the ship from the side. ”

Based on Swiss, yacht, and Schaufelberger…I’d say these were whites being attacked.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Boaters are looking pretty pale in this video:

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/video- ... ba6572c1f/
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

I'm thinking a "critical moment of agony” for "White Gladis" is a bunch of anthropomorphic mental masturbation.

Along with a lot if new ways to monitor and watch our planet.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

It’s not a question of if it’s a thing or not, it absolutely is. Look at any dog, horse, person that has been abused and see how they react to shit. The only real question is- is that what happened here?
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:09 pm
Donnie Baker wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:15 pm
Innocent Bystander wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:42 pm Something is going down in the oceans.
Something other than predators and prey doing what they do? Are you suggesting... DOOM?!?
Why would a penquin trust humans? How would it know to jump in a boat? How would it trust orcas not to follow?
Because anything that isn't trying to eat its face looks like a viable alternative to certain death? Is that hard to understand? A floating raft probably looks like a place where a whale isn't. Might as well give it a try. When the humans didn't try to eat it, penguin probably figured he'd see how this works out for a few minutes. If the orcas follow, penguin would resume swimming. I can't imagine how this is hard to conceptualize.

Why did the orcas leave the boats full of white people alone in the Antarctic, but are ramming boats full of black people in the Mediterranean?
Because somebody stole their bike?
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

It’s a dolphin not a whale you immensely ignorant asshat.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

All the conservatives would want to beat the killer whale to death because it's a transient.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22