Allegedly

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Allegedly

Post by Softball Bat »

A black woman named Monique goes into a Starbucks in Maryland and orders a drink.
The worker asks for her name and she tells the worker it is Monique.

Worker proceeds to write Monkey on her cup.

:)

Worker either didn't hear Monique correctly, or was incompetent, racist, idiotic, or... something.

So of course Monique (not Monkey) was quite offended, and she "believes that racism was the catalyst for the slur."

Shit storm ensues.

Starbucks offered Monique the opportunity to sit down and talk with their licensee about their plan moving forward.
It includes a thorough investigation of the incident and extensive employee training (which will cover cultural and
racial sensitivities). The spokesperson went onto explain that they are taking steps to ensure incidents like these d
on’t happen again and that Starbucks has a zero-tolerance stance to any customer feeling unwelcome.

https://www.theroot.com/smfh-starbucks- ... 1849831075

Hopefully they can all end up being friends.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Re: Allegedly

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

Starbucks needs to fix the cup naming system. Assign the order a number like everywhere else. Sheesh.
Shut up, Randy!
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Having experiences trying to hold a conversation on the phone with a person with an accent, I can understand not being able to comprehend what words are being said. BUT--and it is a big BUT---writing Monkey was definitely a no-no option.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Donnie Baker wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:22 am Starbucks needs to fix the cup naming system. Assign the order a number like everywhere else. Sheesh.
Yep. Surprised this hasn't happened more often.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Donnie Baker wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:22 am Starbucks needs to fix the cup naming system. Assign the order a number like everywhere else. Sheesh.
People can't remember random numbers. Asking for a name is asking dumbshits "what do I call out that you'll remember when your order is ready so that I don't have to make your drink again when it gets cold waiting for you to pull your head out?"
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:55 pm People can't remember random numbers. Asking for a name is asking dumbshits "what do I call out that you'll remember when your order is ready so that I don't have to make your drink again when it gets cold waiting for you to pull your head out?"
Give them one of those fukkin tickets that the DMV and meat markets use.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:33 pm
Diego in Seattle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:55 pm People can't remember random numbers. Asking for a name is asking dumbshits "what do I call out that you'll remember when your order is ready so that I don't have to make your drink again when it gets cold waiting for you to pull your head out?"
Give them one of those fukkin tickets that the DMV and meat markets use.
YUUUUP!

Trade the hipster wearing a wool beanie in August a cock flavored drink for the number ticket and be done with it. Fukken hell this ain't hard, people.
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Donnie Baker wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:23 pm

Trade the hipster wearing a wool beanie in August a cock flavored drink for the number ticket and be done with it.
You string together buzz words like normal people are supposed to understand the outcome.

WTF was that?
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:55 pm
People can't remember random numbers. Asking for a name is asking dumbshits "what do I call out that you'll remember when your order is ready so that I don't have to make your drink again when it gets cold waiting for you to pull your head out?"
People can remember numbers if they are handed said number on the receipt when they pay for their insanely overpriced and overrated coffee!

Just tonight, we went to Costco. After spending $13 for dinner for a family of 5, the receipt said "768." The person completing the order yelled out "768" and we picked up our order.

So we are assigned a number rather than some shrapnel-filled hair brightly colored "they/their" attempting to pronounce "Mike."
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

That's what you get for going to Starfucks. Only douchebags go to fucking Starfucks.

They tried to copy the original but it didn't work.

A New Coffee Era Begins

On April 1, 1966, Mr. Peet opened his own coffee shop in Berkeley at the corner of Vine and Walnut streets, not far from the University of California campus

The Early Years

In 1971, three young entrepreneurs approached Mr. Peet to learn the finer points of the coffee business, and for two years he provided them with training as well as the roasted coffee beans for their newventure, a company called Starbucks. Perhaps you’ve heard of it

All Day Every Day...

the truth
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:48 am
Diego in Seattle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:55 pm
People can remember numbers if they are handed said number on the receipt when they pay for their insanely overpriced and overrated coffee!

Just tonight, we went to Costco. After spending $13 for dinner for a family of 5, the receipt said "768." The person completing the order yelled out "768" and we picked up our order.

So we are assigned a number rather than some shrapnel-filled hair brightly colored "they/their" attempting to pronounce "Mike."
8 hot dogs is not “dinner for a family of 5” you inane flyover fuck. And there is nothing wrong with coloring your hair or not wanting to be called she or he you fucking boring ass bigot.

These fucking crackers can’t even handle salons they are such snowflakes.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:48 am Just tonight, we went to Costco. After spending $13 for dinner for a family of 5
You bought your family the Costco hotdog special? :lol:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kierland wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:32 pm 8 hot dogs is not “dinner for a family of 5” you inane flyover fuck.
Haha, you beat me to it

d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:36 pm
d-townmike wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:48 am Just tonight, we went to Costco. After spending $13 for dinner for a family of 5
They also have pizza and chicken bake!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Pizza is 2$ a slice and deep fried chicken thing is 3$.
Two dogs, 2 slices and 2 deep fried chicken things is also not a meal for 5 people.

You fucks will even lie about dinner. Or maybe you’re just a horrible parent, or both.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:38 pm
Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:36 pm
They also have pizza and chicken bake!
Costco chicken bakes are $$$. They used to sell them frozen in the store but they weren't the same. Much less filling.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

When duncetown buys dinner for other people he spares no expense....just like his Dear Leader....

“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:43 pm When duncetown buys dinner for other people he spares no expense....just like his Dear Leader....

Bullshit. We drop around $50 at Chick-fil-A and most other fast food these days. Sit down is close to $75-80 with tip. White Castle is about the only place we can get out for under $30.

Right after that cheap dinner at Costco, we went in and proceeded to drop $450 on stuff we needed to help avoid fast food and sit down.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You know what else you could do to avoid fast food? Not order fast food. Crazy concept I know. :paul: