FIFA World Cup

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

FIFA World Cup

Post by Mikey »

Anybody going to watch any of this?

Right now I have about 0% interest, but that could possibly change depending on early results. I would also have to get over my aversion to watching anything originating in the host country.

FIFA is right up there with ITF and IOC on the credibility and respectability scale. .
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

Qatar is run by totalitarian fascists but none of them were present on 1/6 so Kierland will probably watch every match.

For myself there is no sport I am less likely to watch than footy. I've stopped scrolling to watch competitive chess and beer pong more often than I've watched a bunch of actors wear out the middle of the field between rolling on the ground clutching their knees.
Shut up, Randy!
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

RACK Donnie Baker!
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I’ll watch US v England. And USA v Iran might have some value.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'll definitely be watching. I'll have it on TV during work and I'll have Brazil on during Thanksgiving instead of watching the Bills bend the Lions over. The Connecticut Ave stretch of Dupont Circle south of the circle is where all the Latin American fans to go to watch games. Highest per capita amount of hot babes in any given year. I was blown away in 2018 by the Colombia fans, there are tons of hot Colombian babes in metro DC. Too bad Colombia choked in qualifying.

Hoping to see Ecuador make some noise and to see their fans represent this year.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Donnie Baker wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:44 am Qatar is run by totalitarian fascists but none of them were present on 1/6 so Kierland will probably watch every match.
Do you ever get tired of being constantly wrong?

Oh and define: fascists.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

How can anyone start a World Cup thread here without posting the Simpsons episode on soccer, arguably one of their best

I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:08 pm Hoping to see Ecuador make some noise and to see their fans represent this year.
Basically, you’re rooting for social open-door equity … for Ecuador.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

L45B wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:49 pm Basically, you’re rooting for social open-door equity … for Ecuador.
Ok
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Kick off is at 8:00 AM. so no. I will have to miss Canada beat the shite out of Morocco and Croatia.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dr_Phibes wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:20 pm Kick off is at 8:00 AM. so no. I will have to miss Canada beat the shite out of Morocco and Croatia.
Why can't you watch an 8 am game?
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Busy in the salt mines :(

And if I weren't, can't watch sport before 10:00 AM. It's just a thing I have. :?

Before streaming and network, the only way to see the Premier League was in the pub via dish. So you leave the pub on a Friday night at 2:30 AM, then you're back in on Saturday morn at 10:00 AM, when you finally walk out you're just sideways. Bars here are serving at 7:00 AM for the tournament so I want no part of it, did my time.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:08 pm I'll definitely be watching.
Of course you will. You are a total loser after all. What else would you be doing?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

mvscal wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:55 pm Of course you will. You are a total loser after all. What else would you be doing?
You hate the World Cup because you're a racist pile of human excrement. Never change, mvscunt.
Salsashark
Crack Whore

Post by Salsashark »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:17 pm
mvscal wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:55 pm Of course you will. You are a total loser after all. What else would you be doing?
You hate the World Cup because you're a racist pile of human excrement. Never change, mvscunt.
Soccer fan calling out ‘racists’ is hilarious. You must hit replay every time the ape chants start and bananas fly.
We're gonna need a bigger boat.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:17 pm
Soccer is a race?

Stupid, drunk and gay is no way to go through life, son.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Even if it’s to suck a Nazi dick.

Sin,
Chip Chamberlin
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

It’s about more than the beer.

I’m surprised that any good “progressives” would deign to patronize this awful event put on by a corrupt racist misogynist Qatari regime (spousal rape is legal, gays are subject to arrest, thousands of workers employed under indentured working conditions died during construction , etc, etc) and the groveling money grubbing FIFA.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2022/11/19/qa ... -infantino

BUT…I guess that’s all OK if it happens somewhere besides here. We need to respect their culture and values.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:38 pmBUT…I guess that’s all OK if it happens somewhere besides here. We need to respect their culture and values.
Should we invade them and force them to embrace cocks up their asses? Launch a massive Shocker and Ow campaign?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:16 am
Mikey wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:38 pmBUT…I guess that’s all OK if it happens somewhere besides here. We need to respect their culture and values.
Should we invade them and force them to embrace cocks up their asses? Launch a massive Shocker and Ow campaign?
Is that what you think?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Neandertwit can’t think of any other solutions.

“Me only know how to smash things.”
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

mvscal wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:16 am Should we invade them and force them to embrace cocks up their asses? Launch a massive Shocker and Ow campaign?
Why are you always consumed with or consuming cocks?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:19 am
mvscal wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:16 am
Is that what you think?
I think I really don't give a fuck about Qatar or what they do there. Maybe FIFA shouldn't have sent a bunch of faggots there to party? Crazy, right? What's up next? Beach volleyball in Iran?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

“FIFA sent fags to Qatar.”

Sin,
Qtard
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Qatar

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

$audi Arabia over Argentina 2 - 1 upset

I'm sure big oil money didn't come into play here.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:38 pm It’s about more than the beer.

I’m surprised that any good “progressives” would deign to patronize this awful event put on by a corrupt racist misogynist Qatari regime (spousal rape is legal, gays are subject to arrest, thousands of workers employed under indentured working conditions died during construction , etc, etc) and the groveling money grubbing FIFA.

BUT…I guess that’s all OK if it happens somewhere besides here. We need to respect their culture and values.
Of course it is. Do you not subscribe to the Democratic party plank concerning non-white folks and bad behavior?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:22 am
mvscal wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:16 am Should we invade them and force them to embrace cocks up their asses? Launch a massive Shocker and Ow campaign?
At least he does it with wit.

Rack Shocker and Ow campaign.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:16 pm
Mikey wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:38 pm It’s about more than the beer.

Of course it is. Do you not subscribe to the Democratic party plank concerning non-white folks and bad behavior?
And what plank is that?
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

smackaholic wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:17 pm
Screw_Michigan wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:22 am
At least he does it with wit.

Rack Shocker and Ow campaign.
3rd
Shut up, Randy!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:28 pm And what plank is that?
The woke plank.

You know, the one that sees "systemic racism" everywhere it is not, particularly regarding we white devils, yet looks the other way in places it is plain as day, especially in "diverse" cultures.

The sad fact of the matter is that while whitey sure as hell did participate in slavery, which has been around as long as man has been around, it was he, The Brits in particular, who got the ball rolling on the ban of slavery.

We certainly aren't perfect, but if you examine the last 200 years or so, I'd say whitey's anti-slavery record is better than anyone else's.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Ohhh, and rack those Muzzie savages for doing Brazil.

I mean, I would prefer to see a civilized country bring them down, but I'll take what I can get.

Wonder how many of the Brazilian national team will be murdered when they get home?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Ohhh, and rack those Muzzie savages for doing Brazil.

I mean, I would prefer to see a civilized country bring them down, but I'll take what I can get.

Wonder how many of the Brazilian national team will be murdered when they get home?
I think you meant Argentina. And it depends upon whether or not the Argentines can fight back and get into the next round.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:20 pm
Kierland wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:28 pm And what plank is that?
The woke plank.

You know, the one that sees "systemic racism" everywhere it is not, particularly regarding we white devils, yet looks the other way in places it is plain as day, especially in "diverse" cultures.

The sad fact of the matter is that while whitey sure as hell did participate in slavery, which has been around as long as man has been around, it was he, The Brits in particular, who got the ball rolling on the ban of slavery.

We certainly aren't perfect, but if you examine the last 200 years or so, I'd say whitey's anti-slavery record is better than anyone else's.
So you don’t like inclusivity. That make you a bigot and as I said before, we still have slavery. You are just too stupid to know what’s going on.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:29 pm
smackaholic wrote:Ohhh, and rack those Muzzie savages for doing Brazil.

I think you meant Argentina. And it depends upon whether or not the Argentines can fight back and get into the next round.
Sorry B, I had my SA soccer superpowers mixed up. I suspect Argentina will pull their shit together and move on.

So, what's up with the Saudis? I suspect they've put billions into their program, so I shouldn't be that surprised, but it is still a pretty big deal.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BSmack wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:29 pm I think you meant Argentina. And it depends upon whether or not the Argentines can fight back and get into the next round.
Dumbaholic strikes again
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

That match wasn't bent, the Saudis came to play. That was one hell of a game, the second goal was spectacular.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

A bit quiet in here. England just got a giant boot stuck up their complacency.

Fucking brilliant. USA! USA! 8)
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Is Ted Lasso coaching the Brits this year?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dr_Phibes wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:07 am A bit quiet in here. England just got a giant boot stuck up their complacency.

Fucking brilliant. USA! USA! 8)
Twas a pretty boring game. Both sides only had one or two real scoring opportunities.