Elon Musk is a worldwide treasure

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Elon Musk is a worldwide treasure

Post by BSmack »

schmick wrote:
Left Seater wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:54 am And a nuclear power is much cleaner than wind or solar. But electric buses don’t make much sense outside of a few cities.
The retards in charge of California are trying to close down the state's last nuclear power plant. According to one of the Marxist cocksuckers running for governor, the power plant makes the sea water near the plant 1 degree warmer than normal. Of course the sea life is thriving there with the 1 degree warmer water but clean energy bad
Building nuclear plants in the most seismically active part of the world is dumb. Fukushima outside should have told you that.

Sent from my iPhone using a big network of tubes.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Paying $400 a month is stupid.

What is equally stupid is not just purchasing one’s own. A washer and dryer can be purchased for less than $1000. Other costs aside, this easily pays for itself in time savings in a few months.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:43 pm What is equally stupid is not just purchasing one’s own. A washer and dryer can be purchased for less than $1000. Other costs aside, this easily pays for itself in time savings in a few months.
I don't have W/D hookups in my apartment anyway, Mr Left Oligarch.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Well that is a you problem.

But claiming you are getting over by not having a W/D pretty laughable.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Won’t defend being a traytorr, spends all day bitching about laundry.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:08 pm Well that is a you problem.

You only need a W/D if you're doing laundry for more than two people. You know nothing about big city living, so when I want some tips about living in undesirable areas, I'll give you a ring.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:46 pm
Left Seater wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:08 pm Well that is a you problem.

You only need a W/D if you're doing laundry for more than two people. You know nothing about big city living, so when I want some tips about living in undesirable areas, I'll give you a ring.
So Boston, Houston and Philly aren’t big cities in your world?

And even with one person, it makes sense to have your own W/D.

Oh and DC is a completely undesirable area.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Roach wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:20 pm
Lefty . . . better grab your oxygen mask, your thinking seems a bit foggy.

While we (society) can't even plan head a couple of years, the nuke industry is pumping out deadly thousand year time bombs. Wind and solar are the reason we Should NOT use nuclear.
If carbon is the enemy, then nuclear is the answer. If carbon isn’t the issue then sure, wind and solar are fine.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

10 hours ago...

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:38 am

While we (society) can't even plan head a couple of years, the nuke industry is pumping out deadly thousand year time bombs. Wind and solar are the reason we Should NOT use nuclear.
If carbon is the enemy, then nuclear is the answer. If carbon isn’t the issue then sure, wind and solar are fine.
But what about all the carbon used to build the nuke plant? 🙄You really are a fatidiot.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:38 am

This is just too convoluted to even respond to. Can you please elaborate using logic that a normal person might have a chance of following?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Pull your head out of the clouds or sand depending.
The current push to electrify the U.S. transportation sector along with homes and businesses means that massive amounts of raw material will be needed to build out a more robust and smarter grid, deploy new renewable technology, and facilitate power storage. This electrified future that many long for will require extensive mining operations, which themselves are heavily dependent on fossil fuels. This blind spot for environmentalists may be intentionally kept out of sight, out of mind, but the reality is stark: more renewables can only come through the doorway of more mining and more fossil fuels.

While electric vehicles are hailed as greener roadway model, they draw their charge from the electric grid, which in the United States currently comes overwhelmingly from coal and natural gas. Plastics, parts, and lubricants in the EV are also derived from oil and natural gas. A few steps prior in the supply chain, fossil fuels facilitated the transport of raw materials and finished products to market. Even before this, critical metals, minerals, and other elements must be extracted from the earth. Not only does this have deep environmental impacts on its own, but relies exclusively on heavy machinery, enormous vehicles, and other energy-intensive equipment that all utilize fossil fuels. Of course, electric vehicles are in good company, with solar panels, wind turbines, and other renewables also reliant on similar processes.

Setting aside the criticality of fossil fuels for a moment, there is a more fundamental issue to consider: the raw materials in the ground. Power generation and energy storage devices require a number of rare earth metals. These rare earth elements (REEs) occur abundantly across the globe, however they are often mixed in with other minerals which requires time, energy, and money to process and separate.

These metals, largely composed of dysprosium, neodymium, terbium, europium, and yttrium for solar panels and neodymium, dysprosium, and praseodymium for wind turbines, are essential to building up a domestic renewable energy industry. Lithium batteries also require cobalt and lithium in its manufacturing process. Developing renewable energy sources is a top priority for the Biden administration in order to combat climate change. However, building up a domestic renewable energy industry is dependent on an unprecedented supply of these REEs along side fossil fuels for energy and drastically increased mining activity.

Currently, the U.S. is a 100 percent net importer of rare earth metals with 80 percent of total rare earth imports originating from communist China. In order to be able to build a cleaner energy grid, domestic sources of REEs will need to be tapped. The U.S. previously dominated the rare earths market before 1980, but rebuilding the domestic supply chain will require huge investments in mining, building refining facilities to separate out the metals, and the necessary manufacturing centers to produce the end products.

A primary hurdle in terms of political inconvenience is the drive towards reducing carbon emissions, but also rebuilding the rare earths industry in the U.S., which will require more mines, processing facilities, and manufacturing processes to use even more fossil fuel energy. If this electrified renewable future is to be achieved, it can only come with fossil fuels. And the U.S. also has abundant fossil resources ready to be tapped, but federal policy increasingly limits production and exploration and hamstrings transportation of these materials. This does not diminish demand for fossil resources, only domestic supply. That in turn requires import of oil and natural gas from countries with lower environmental standards, and it requires dirty transport of those fuels across oceans.

By investing significant resources into creating a renewed domestic supply chain for rare earths, there will be offsets to the domestic adoption of clean energies more broadly. Due to existing regulations that establish health and safety standards, a crucial part of protecting U.S. workers, production and refinement of rare earths in the U.S. is very uncompetitive when compared to China.

It takes five times as long to open a mine in the U.S. than in neighboring Canada or even Australia, another supplier of rare earths. Regulations would need to be loosened before any such mining would begin, as many mines need to function for years to account for large start-up costs. Because of widespread REE utilization in most military systems, the U.S. government could also insulate the domestic market from Chinese manipulation by agreeing to purchase REE used in military and renewable energy development from domestic manufacturers. The only American refinery for rare earths went bankrupt in 2015, so ensuring that the domestic industry can grow by reducing regulatory and red tape costs, while also protecting it from foreign price manipulation can ensure a steady supply of rare earths.
Again, if reducing carbon is the goal, nuclear power is the answer. Nuclear doesn't need huge storage reserves or back up coal fired power plants. It can step up and down as demand dictates.

Wind and solar isn't happening anywhere close to what liberals dream of until we start mining like crazy.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Your either or brain is like that of a 12 yo.
You are obtuse and obese.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:29 am Pull your head out of the clouds or sand depending.

Again, if reducing carbon is the goal, nuclear power is the answer. Nuclear doesn't need huge storage reserves or back up coal fired power plants. It can step up and down as demand dictates.

Wind and solar isn't happening anywhere close to what liberals dream of until we start mining like crazy.
Post a link and some actual facts, like some comparative statistics and analysis. What you’ve provided is nothing more than some hysterical fossil fuel and/or nuclear (read anti-renewable) hand waving. I’m sure you’re impressed by the sheer length of the rant, and the pseudo “analysis” based almost entirely on supposition that happens to jibe with your pre-conceived assumptions, but it really says nothing of any substance.

C minus, including credit for an impressive Google search and C&P effort, but marked down to a D for failure to identify your (single) source.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Because you disagree does not make it any less true.

If you think it is wrong then point out where. Batteries, solar panels and wind turbines all take rare Earth elements. If we are going to replace fossil fuels for power and transportation where are we going to get these materials? The amount of wind and solar hardware is going to have to grow exponentially.

Typical liberal tactic to attack the source, so they can ignore the content.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Nobody said that renewables are perfect. There’s no “perfect” solution. You’re using a typical conservative tactic by pointing out some obvious challenges to renewables, but providing no comparison to the alternatives. Like I said, provide a source and some actual comparisons if you really want to make a valid point. Otherwise you have nothing but hot air.

BTW I didn’t “attack your source” because you never gave one. :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds: Where’s your link? Are you too embarrassed by this bag of stale air to even admit where you got it?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

It’s not just obvious challenges. It is something that must be overcome if we are going to move away from fossil fuels. Despite that there are few liberals calling for increased mining to meet the demand. And just like with nuclear power there is toxic waste to store or dispose of.

The alternative for much of this is natural gas which is relatively clean.

Here is the source.

https://www.aii.org/push-toward-renewa ... sil-fuels/

And here are other sources saying the same thing.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-17928-5

https://hir.harvard.edu/not-so-green-t ... th-mining/

https://earth.org/rare-earth-mining-ha ... vironment/

https://www.dw.com/en/toxic-and-radioa ... a-57148185

Again pull your head out of the clouds or sand depending on your position. Folks like AOC I will give the benefit of the doubt too. She is pie in the sky stupid and probably has no clue on exactly what will be required. See also Brandon. Nancy and others have their head in the sand just trying to ignore the realities.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Burning NG, a hydro carbon, is clean.

Sin,
BrokenPsyche

But AOC is the dumb one? Fuck off FatTraitor.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:47 pm It’s not just obvious challenges. It is something that must be overcome if we are going to move away from fossil fuels. Despite that there are few liberals calling for increased mining to meet the demand. And just like with nuclear power there is toxic waste to store or dispose of.

The alternative for much of this is natural gas which is relatively clean.

Here is the source.

https://www.aii.org/push-toward-renewa ... sil-fuels/

And here are other sources saying the same thing.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-17928-5

https://hir.harvard.edu/not-so-green-t ... th-mining/

https://earth.org/rare-earth-mining-ha ... vironment/

https://www.dw.com/en/toxic-and-radioa ... a-57148185

Again pull your head out of the clouds or sand depending on your position. Folks like AOC I will give the benefit of the doubt too. She is pie in the sky stupid and probably has no clue on exactly what will be required. See also Brandon. Nancy and others have their head in the sand just trying to ignore the realities.

This is the statement that I challenged you to elaborate on:
Mikey wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:31 pm
Left Seater wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:47 pm
This is just too convoluted to even respond to. Can you please elaborate using logic that a normal person might have a chance of following?
It appeared to me that you were talking about the comparative carbon footprints of nuclear vs wind and solar, or something, which is why I asked that you translate. Instead you posted a novel-length C&P about the worldwide shortage, and lack of US production, of rare earth elements. And you continue to pound on that subject. OK, yes, that's a problem that needs to be addressed, but I'm still not sure WTF it has to do with my original question. And what does that have to do with the nuclear industry? Change the subject much?

Additionally, there are environmental problems associated with uranium mining, nuclear waste disposal and, from what I hear from the radical leftist enviro-whackos, drilling and fracking for oil and natural gas, and tearing up the earth for coal. So if you want to project any credibility at all, instead of just saying "renewables bad because of REE" why won't you compare the negative and positive aspects of all the alternatives.

And yes NG is a hydrocarbon. It may be "cleaner" than oil or coal, but not it's not "clean."
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

You can’t see the forest for the trees.

This isn’t hard to follow. If Carbon is the enemy, then we should not pursue wind and solar on a large scale basis. To do so would require huge mining efforts and the consumption of far more fossil fuels to produce wind and solar infrastructure. Not to mention the batteries to store those intermittent generating sources. You will burn huge amounts of fossil fuels to get wind and solar anywhere close to providing half of the output as fossil fuels when considering transportation replacement.

In that case nuclear makes more sense. Yes it would also require mining and has disposal issues, but it would require far far less consumption of fossil fuels to get there.

However, if carbon isn’t really the concern then by all means take wind and solar to massive scales. Cover vast areas of the US in wind farms and solar panels.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You literally don’t understand how a windmill is made do you?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sorry but you're still not making sense. I guess that's the result of an overly simple mind.

First of all, nuclear and wind have essentially the same carbon footprint at 4 grams of CO2 equivalent per kWh on a global basis. Solar is worse at 6 grams per kWh average, but ranges from 3 grams in the most favorable (ie sunny) locations to 21 grams in the worst locations.

Coal checks in at 109 grams, gas at 78 grams, hydro at 97 grams and bioenergy at 98 grams

So nuclear is NOT better than wind power and NOT better than solar in all locations.

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2019/04/n ... sions.html

https://www.carbonbrief.org/solar-wind- ... CO2e%2FkWh.

The main point is that "if carbon the the enemy" any one of these (nuclear, wind or solar) has a small fraction of the carbon footprint of any of the fossil alternatives. But carbon is not the ONLY enemy. Solar and battery storage have challenges with REEs. Nuclear has challenges with uranium mining and the fact that it creates waste that remains toxic for thousands of years.

See what happens when you put in a minimal effort to find comparable statistics? What wonderful world.

Like Kierland said, simple minds see only binary solutions. You brain functions at about the level of a 12 year old.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So earlier you wanted to attack sources and then you link us up to a blogger as your source for those numbers.

A Univ professor says your number is full of shit.

You still completely ignore the vast mining effort that will be required to build out your unicorn dream world of wind and solar.

Talk about simple minded.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Dude finds out that we are about to find out he is rapey AF, immediately joins the GQP because they obviously hate women and love rape.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kierland wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:47 pm Dude finds out that we are about to find out he is rapey AF, immediately joins the GQP because they obviously hate women and love rape.
Of course!
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Kierland wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:47 pm Dude finds out that we are about to find out he is rapey AF, immediately joins the GQP because they obviously hate women and love rape.
This allegation is how many years old, and the Left ignored it until he says whomever writes Biden's teleprompter speeches is actually running the country?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:07 pm
Of course!
There is no 'of course'.

Michael Jackson only paid out settlements because Lisa Marie manipulated him into doing so. Michael wanted to fight. Elon is in the same situation.

Or -- to go the other direction -- we can bring out Big Daddy Himself, William Jefferson Clinton.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

What about Bubba.

Sin,
Insanely Boring
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

He hates women and loves rape. 'Believe all women'™, Kierland.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I believe he paid her 1/4 mil.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Extortion is profitable. What else is new.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So now HE’S the victim.

On a side note: it’s fascinating watching him turn into a nazii in real time. It make the late 30’s and early 40’s make much more sense.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Well, I warned ya Trumpers/Cult45's.

You know who I am... so it shouldn't be too shocking.

The Cult45's gonna be sad and mad because they were told to love Elon. Sheep gonna sheep,

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/08/tech/elo ... index.html

FiatLux wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:11 pm The Cult45"s are gonna head back into their bunkers when they find out Musk was just fucking with them.

He's going to pull the rug out from underneath them again. He's a lib. from the San Francisco Bay Area.

It'll be fun watching the Trumpers TheTard again on this board like they do every fucking day!

Too funny!

the truth
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Yes, we all know you're a dumbfuck.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Ellen and Trump are both narcissist grifters. Ellen is just a lot smarter (and a lot richer).
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Musk isn't a lib. He's a fascist.

Gonna be funny when Twitter becomes the largest shareholder of Tesla because Musk bit off more than he could chew. Fuck him.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Nice to see that Musk finally learned how to pull out...
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Mikey wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:21 pm Ellen and Trump are both narcissist grifters. Ellen is just a lot smarter (and a lot richer).
Go ahead, take a shot at explaining how Musk is a grifter, let alone narcissistic. Can you produce a quote where he's boasting? No problem with Trump. Can you cite an example of Musk running a failed company or a bankrupt endeavor? It's easy with Trump. :wink:
Before God was, I am
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:36 am Go ahead, take a shot at explaining how Musk is a grifter, let alone narcissistic. Can you produce a quote where he's boasting? No problem with Trump. Can you cite an example of Musk running a failed company or a bankrupt endeavor? It's easy with Trump. :wink:
He's an unabashed securities manipulator.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Evidence? As for Twitter, let it burn. The cocksuckers banned me for questioning the mental health of "trans" freaks.
Before God was, I am
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

4/26/22...
poptart wrote:And he (Elon Musk) will also end up censoring content on the platform.

Wait and see.

I tried my best. Despite that, he (K. West) again violated our rule against incitement to violence.
Account will be suspended.

- Elon Musk

Kanye West suspended from Twatter.

Musk censoring the platform.

As expected (by me).
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is