Better than Ruth?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Better than Ruth?

Post by smackaholic »

Given my utter lack of ability to give the slightest of fukks about MLB for a few reasons, over the last few years, I hadn't even heard of Shohei Ohtani, but jeeeebus krist, this Jap is forcing me to pay attention.

100 mph heat, unhittable splitter, can hit 450 ft bombs. And he can absolutely MASH lefthanded pitchers as well as right. His numbers actually compare favorably to a young Ruth when he was terrorizing the league from the plate and the mound.

Fukk MLB, dragging me back in with stories like this!!!! :lol:

Wonder if this will be a sign of things to come, or is the physical toll of doing this too much? He has had some issues with injuries, but looks like he's really stepped up his training regimine, putting on some muscle and so far this year, dude is just killing it in every possible way.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Better than Ruth?

Post by smackaholic »

Ohh, yeah, almost forgot.

A preemptive fukk off to anyone who wants to remind me that there's an MLB forum.

This shithole doesn't have the traffic to bother with sub-forums. I think MLB has a single thread started this year.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

What's sad is that the Angels have three MVP-caliber players - Ohtani, Trout, & Rendon - and they still blow goats.
"I see everything twice!"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Smackie Chan wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:54 pm What's sad is that the Angels have three MVP-caliber players - Ohtani, Trout, & Rendon - and they still blow goats.
That is what I was going to say. The Angles are one of the three worst franchises in baseball right now, what a waste that Ohtani and Trout are buried in Anaheim. Holy shit, it doesn't seem like that long ago that if the Angels weren't one of the two best teams in the AL as they were for much of the early to mid 2000s, they were at least decent teams.

Not anymore. Doesn't help that Artie Moreno is a Dumpster.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:59 pm Given my utter lack of ability to give the slightest of fukks about MLB for a few reasons, over the last few years, I hadn't even heard of Shohei Ohtani, but jeeeebus krist, this Jap is forcing me to pay attention.

100 mph heat, unhittable splitter, can hit 450 ft bombs. And he can absolutely MASH lefthanded pitchers as well as right. His numbers actually compare favorably to a young Ruth when he was terrorizing the league from the plate and the mound.

Fukk MLB, dragging me back in with stories like this!!!! :lol:

Wonder if this will be a sign of things to come, or is the physical toll of doing this too much? He has had some issues with injuries, but looks like he's really stepped up his training regimine, putting on some muscle and so far this year, dude is just killing it in every possible way.
I’ve watched MLB all of my life. I’ve seen a lot of really really great players. But I have never witnessed anything like Ohtani. The guy has power to every field and as a pitcher there’s no way to throw around him. Jamb him and he’ll take you deep right. Pick at the corners….yeah til you make that one mistake.
His pitching is pretty decent but the thing that astonishes me is how fast he is. If he hits a slow roller to 3rd, there’s a good chance you don’t get him. Just extraordinary.
get out, get out while there's still time
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

No shit. Did you see that play where he hit one up the middle, off the SS's glove. The RFer sort of non-chalantly fields the ball, so Shotime turns on the jets and motors into second.

And at bat, pitcher throws a nice, low outside pitch, corner of the strike zone and dude sorta wrists the bat out there, in what looks like at attempt to just poke it opposite field......cept the ball lands about 10 rows deeo, CF bleachers?

That's some kinda freak oriental Bruce Lee kinda shit, right there!!!!

And he's making 3 mil a year?

That's not even a living wage in socal. Dude is gonna make BANK soon.

Preferably on the other end of the country. :grin:
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Injuries will cut his career short. Bank on it.
"I see everything twice!"