Channeling my inner Poptart

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Channeling my inner Poptart

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I signed up for tennis lessons since I live within walking distance of the Rock Creek Park tennis center in, where else?

https://www.rockcreektennis.com/index.html

Would you have any tips for a brand n00b player? Maybe there will be a hot babe in my class. I hope to at least make a tennis friend to play some pickup games this summer. I have been looking forward to this for a while. A great way to get some exercise and meet people.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Re: Channeling my inner Poptart

Post by Softball Bat »

Three things initially...

1. Have fun and enjoy the exercise!

2. Laugh, because tennis is very difficult to play well. Everyone sucks at the beginning and you won't come anywhere near playing like the guys on TV do. Don't get frustrated by it. Nobody is good early on.

3. Yes, find a partner and try to play as often as you can. You will see improvement and you'll find that gratifying and addicting.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Have fun with that. I did something similar when I moved to the Boston area. Except I joined a golf group. Made a good friend out of the deal and improved my game a bit.

I found more of the socialization came at a bar or restaurant after.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Left Seater wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:27 am Have fun with that. I did something similar when I moved to the Boston area. Except I joined a golf group. Made a good friend out of the deal and improved my game a bit.

I found more of the socialization came at a bar or restaurant after.
Yeah, I imagine most people need quite a bit of alcohol to tolerate being around you.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Says the clown who triples down when he is shown to be wrong.

Sounds like a blast to hang with.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:24 am Three things initially...

1. Have fun and enjoy the exercise!

2. Laugh, because tennis is very difficult to play well. Everyone sucks at the beginning and you won't come anywhere near playing like the guys on TV do. Don't get frustrated by it. Nobody is good early on.

3. Yes, find a partner and try to play as often as you can. You will see improvement and you'll find that gratifying and addicting.
Thanks friend. I'm really looking forward to this. I can take the bus or walk to the tennis center, which is also where the annual Citi Open is held. I went a few years on qualifying weekend or the first Monday because I like to gawk at the hot, sexy female tennis players, regardless of their skill level. The more, the merrier.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Good work, Screwy. Tennis is a lifelong sport and great for fitness and great for the body (especially if you can hit the clay courts but anything is good).

I started when I was 11, played year round USTA tourneys thru hs, walked on to a mac school for a year and taught junior leagues at my club.

Have gone years without playing then have picked it back up many times.

I feel as you age, the game of doubles becomes more and more fun and strategic (both from the tennis and social aspects). Second the “have fun” first and if you need help with your strokes, check back in here.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

L45B wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:32 am Good work, Screwy. Tennis is a lifelong sport and great for fitness and great for the body (especially if you can hit the clay courts but anything is good).

I started when I was 11, played year round USTA tourneys thru hs, walked on to a mac school for a year and taught junior leagues at my club.

Have gone years without playing then have picked it back up many times.

I feel as you age, the game of doubles becomes more and more fun and strategic (both from the tennis and social aspects). Second the “have fun” first and if you need help with your strokes, check back in here.
Thanks friend. I know you are #1a tennis fan here, so I appreciate the remarks.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

My brother and I used to play as teens at the local municipal park. Easily the best workout I have ever had at any sport.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Have your lessons started? If so how is it going?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

They were the last two weeks so I'm done more now. They were great. Our instructor was good, at least I liked him. Never realized tennis was so technical and difficult. The backhand is crazy difficult to do right.

Instructor beat into our heads to always make sure we follow through and point our elbow at our opponent. That is hard because every time make sure to do that, I pull my shot.

I am seeming to make progress, so I am happy about that. My group was four people, three chicks and I. One was a really hot Brazilian, the other was somewhat attractive. The third was not attractive. We all exchanged numbers and I'll be hitting them up later to play.

I also made another tennis friend last week and we played. She's from Nigeria and is 15 years younger than me. But we're the same skill level, though she's slightly better than I am.

So far, so good, if you ask me. Will probably sign up for more classes. Citi Open starts pretty soon here so they'll be pausing classes for a few weeks. I'm not sure if I'm ready to move up to level 2.0 yet, but i'm making progress.

Glad I took these classes. Wish I would have picked up tennis earlier. It's free, it's fun when you do it right, and you can meet hot chicks.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

It sounds good, SM.

Enjoy!
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Good to hear you’re keeping at it.

Tennis is one hell of a workout and one who has never picked up a racket will ever understand the level of skill it takes to hit a ball with any pace on it and not have it land 5 courts over.

Hopefully this physical activity will help you with the crazy thing. It is what everyone needs.

And if you score a little ass as a fringe benefit, good for you. Maybe you’ll be less of a douche.

The midget provides enough douche here for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:14 am Good to hear you’re keeping at it.

Tennis is one hell of a workout and one who has never picked up a racket will ever understand the level of skill it takes to hit a ball with any pace on it and not have it land 5 courts over.

Hopefully this physical activity will help you with the crazy thing. It is what everyone needs.

And if you score a little ass as a fringe benefit, good for you. Maybe you’ll be less of a douche.

The midget provides enough douche here for all of us.

Touch on my shot is really difficult, and even more if I'm running all over the place. As I have been playing about twice a week the last few weeks, I have been rotating between being stiff (not there) and sore and not being stiff and sore.

At least this physical activity is more fun than running. I've always hated running.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I actually enjoyed running when I was young, but my knees decided it was a bad idea maybe 15 years ago.

Mountain biking is my thing now.

Most fun I’ve ever had with clothes on.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Running was alway used as punishment when I was a kid and thru college in athletics. Still view it that way. (Insert fat guy jokes here.)

Screwy, when I was learning golf I joined a league. Got to know a few players and my game got way better fast. I am sure there are tennis leagues as well and likely some hot tail here as well.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:21 am Screwy, when I was learning golf I joined a league. Got to know a few players and my game got way better fast. I am sure there are tennis leagues as well and likely some hot tail here as well.
Good idea, never thought of that. Thanks.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Left Seater wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:21 am Screwy, when I was learning golf I joined a league. Got to know a few players and my game got way better fast. I am sure there are tennis leagues as well and likely some hot tail here as well.
Good idea, never thought of that. Thanks.
Stop normalizing that fat tray-tor, you ass.

Sin,

The angry dwarf