No offense to Smackie Chan...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

No offense to Smackie Chan...

Post by Softball Bat »

Or Wolfie.

In our recent times there has been a virtual explosion of broadcaster wannabe 'tards on the interweb.

With their YouTube channels, their "live chats," their oversized microphones, and their forced, bogus, Garrison Keillor voices.

Acting as if their special broadcasts are the cat's meow, when in fact their are generally a huge waste of time, skin, and life.

I think this is how these individuals are making their "living."

Two or three generations ago their immigrant grandfathers (or great grandfathers) were trying to put bread on the table by swinging a hammer, pushing a saw, etc., and now pubestached Bill Maher wannabes are "earning a living" by yappin' into an oversized microphone to a bunch of obese, zombified, GMO'd American derelicts on the internet.

Wtf has happened?

And the characteristic of most YouTubers who put these videos up is that they don't understand that LESS IS MORE.

Get to your damn POINT and stop yammering.

Most videos are 3 or 4x as long as they need to be, and -----> we don't have time to sit through asinine, snail-paced bullshit!

Now Smackie (and Wolfie) is not actually not doing the above.

Smackie is not even on YouTube (to my knowledge), and is just having fun putting on a nice radio show for the clones.

Not pretentious.

But I think Smackie should take it to the next level and live video his shows.
A camera in his hip DJ lounge, ala Howard Stern or Joe Rogan.

I'd like to see that.

But he won't do it because while the songs are playing he is probably often losing his shit, like this...

Smackie's Long Distance Dedication to... Stanley Pickle.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Re: No offense to Smackie Chan...

Post by Diego in Seattle »

One big difference with Smackie & O2 is that they have worked behind the mike at actual radio stations. The clowns you see on the net today haven't (for the most part).
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

True.

The duo here actually have some skills.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:06 pm One big difference with Smackie & O2 is that they have worked behind the mike at actual radio stations. The clowns you see on the net today haven't (for the most part).
Nope, many haven't. They don't have to.

The second big difference is Smackie and O2 are neither requesting 'donations' for the content they provide, nor hawking subscriptions for additional members-only content.

The third big difference is sponsorship, and professional management.

Successful Youtubers, Patreoners (and OnlyFanners) work hard behind the scenes for their audiences and sponsors. When conditions change, they adjust and keep going. It's not everybody's grind, but it's a grind.

Poptart, which popular online personality are you referencing? What did they do this time?
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Softball Bat wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:47 amSmackie is not even on YouTube
A few years ago, I did a few YouTube promos for upcoming TuneTown shows, but that's about the extent of my YT exposure.
I think Smackie should take it to the next level and live video his shows.
A camera in his hip DJ lounge, ala Howard Stern or Joe Rogan.

I'd like to see that.
You probably wouldn't. I definitely have a face for radio. Of course, so do the two examples you cited and that didn't stop them, so I guess anything is possible. But highly unlikely.

But he won't do it because while the songs are playing he is probably often losing his shit
Yeah, that CK clip is pretty much how I treat my staff here on a good day.
"I see everything twice!"
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Pops, you seem to be greatly concerned about this.

Why do you care? Do you search through YouTube to find stuff that you think is ridiculous?

I wish I had that kind of time on my hands. I could do a lot more yard work.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I forgot about those You-Tube promos. I think I did one too. I haven't been "on air" in a while because of Apple's software changes. Hope to configure my stuff and do shows soon.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

IB wrote:Poptart, which popular online personality are you referencing? What did they do this time?
It's nobody in particular.
I'm just making general observations about how these wannabe broadcaster nerds are operating.