Here is another issue with letting people claim whatever gender...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Here is another issue with letting people claim whatever gender...

Post by Left Seater »

This one comes to us from the State of Washington. Apparently the State is housing inmates in the prison with the gender they identify with. So if you are imprisoned and are actually a male, you can claim to identify as female and you will be housed at the female prison.
employee cites a recent incident in which an inmate from a male facility raped a female in the women’s prison upon arrival. The transferred inmate, according to the employee, is incarcerated for a sex offense and has “fully functional male genitalia, a history of violence and sexual depravity in the community, and has been found guilty of sexual assault against other inmates while housed in the men’s facilities.”

“He is a proven sexual predator, having committed multiple crimes against women, yet the State of Washington had no problem moving him into a women’s facility and housing him with the most vulnerable in our population (our mental health unit),” the employee wrote.
Pierce County Sheriff Ed Troyer said his department has received a similar emails and a number of calls.

“What we’ve done is we’ve gotten in touch with the state patrol because it is the state’s jurisdiction out there,” he said. “We’re making sure the state patrol is aware of this information that we’ve got from a couple different sources. And our command staff and detectives will be working with Washington State Patrol to make sure that they have everything they need, and everything we’ve got, and everything that’s out there.”
“Washington State Department of Corrections has established procedures to ensure equitable treatment of transgender, intersex, and/or gender non-conforming individuals when conducting intake screening and determining housing classification, programming, and supervision,” the DOC replied. “If they identify as transgender, intersex, and/or gender non-conforming, they are evaluated appropriately per this policy.”
Of course Washington isn't alone here. California put into law that prisoners will be housed with the gender they identify with:
SB 132, sponsored again by San Francisco's own Senator Wiener, will allow inmates to self-select whether they wish to be housed in a men's or women's prison, based on self-ID alone. It will give people the option to house "people according to their own sense of where they will be safest." Moreover, it will make sure that inmates are addressed according to their preferred pronouns throughout their stay in California's prison system.
Of course no mention of the safety of the other inmates who could fall prey to these guys.

It seems the appropriate action here would be to house inmates that claim to be a different gender than they are, is to house those inmates in a separate facility. If you are male and identify as female, then set up a wing for those individuals. If you are a female and identify as male, then house those inmates in a separate wing as well. If you are confused and have no clue what you are, then put those inmates in yet another separate wing.

But exposing female inmates to male inmates isn't the answer. The safety of one inmate shouldn't take precedent over another inmate's safety.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Kierland

Re: Here is another issue with letting people claim whatever gender...

Post by Kierland »

Like you care about inmates and which gender is raping which.
Fuck of t r a i t o r.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

For some reason this reminds me of the "particicution" scene in Season 1 of The Handmaid's Tale.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I say if you’re a girl and wanna hang with the boys, fine.

If you’re a boy that wants to live with the girls, that’s fine too....so long as you check your boy bits at the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.