On-Line Dating

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

On-Line Dating

Post by Mikey »

Being happily married for almost 34 years I've never had to deal with on-line dating.

If this is an example of what it gets you, I'm glad to have missed out.
Woman killed when man lands on her after jumping from downtown San Diego structure identified

The unidentified man plunged from the ninth floor of the building and fell onto Taylor Kahle of San Diego as she was walking with a date on J Street.

The man described by the coroner to be in his 20s to 30s plunged from the ninth floor of the building and fell onto Kahle of San Diego as she was walking with a friend in the 1000 block of J Street shortly before 7:30 p.m. Sunday, according to the county Medical Examiner's Office.

Her boss, Laurel McFarlane, of McFarlane Promotions, said Kahle was on a second date with a man she met online. They had gone to the zoo earlier that day and out to dinner that night.

Kahle died at the scene.

The man who leaped off the structure was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/local ... 69438d82c1
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: On-Line Dating

Post by Left Seater »

Her boss, Laurel McFarlane, of McFarlane Promotions, said Kahle was on a second date with a man she met online. They had gone to the zoo earlier that day and out to dinner that night.
What does the writer think this brings to the story? Why even point it out? Are we supposed to feel even worse for this lady's family because she died in a crazy accident while on a date? Is the writer trying to say that had she not met the datee on line she would still be alive?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I think it's very relevant information about the hazards of on-line dating.

My kids both met their "significant others" online. One of them is engaged and the other two have been together for almost two years. Even so, in light of recent events, I'm going to have to warn them. I don't want either of them being killed by somebody jumping out of a fucking building.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:10 pm
What does the writer think this brings to the story? Why even point it out? Are we supposed to feel even worse for this lady's family because she died in a crazy accident while on a date? Is the writer trying to say that had she not met the datee on line she would still be alive?
Why didn’t you bitch about how she said they went to the zoo?
Fuck off fat n a z i
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Seater's version of a well written news story:
Woman Killed by Man Jumping Out of Building

##
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

That is better than what was said above.

News stories should be who, what, when, where and how. Anything outside of that isn't facts. I am not saying there isn't a place for opinion or columnists, but opinion and columnists have no place in factual news pieces.

The worst blending of this is when TV or newspapers invite feedback or run polls on their social media sites and then give us the results of those polls as if they were news. I care not what my neighbors reaction is to a story.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Actually, a well written story would have had the headline “It’s rainin’ men...HALLELUJAH!!!!!” with the appropriate music playing in the background if it was a radio/tv news bit.

I’d post The Weather Girls if I could figure out how to attach a YouTube video on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:26 pm That is better than what was said above.

News stories should be who, what, when, where and how.
Orange naz i s
Insurrection
Jan 6 ‘21
Capital building
Violence

No fuck off t r a i t o r
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You spelled Capitol wrong

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:26 pm I care not what my neighbors reaction is to a story.
Says the greedy, heartless, self-centered asshole.

I’m sure no one is surprised. You care for no one but you.

Many feel it’s good to know what their neighbors think. It builds better communities. It builds understanding. All things you have no interest in building. You’re a terrible person.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:46 pm You spelled Capitol wrong

You missed a period Dinstrai tor.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Bill wrote:Many feel it’s good to know what their neighbors think. It builds better communities. It builds understanding. All things you have no interest in building. You’re a terrible person.

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

One of my sons does this online dating thing. He ran into a deer on the way home from seeing his new girlfriend. Mikey is right. Online dating is dangerous. And expensive $4,000 worth of body shop work :doh:
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Bill in Houston wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:41 am
Left Seater wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:26 pm I care not what my neighbors reaction is to a story.
Says the greedy, heartless, self-centered asshole.

I’m sure no one is surprised. You care for no one but you.

Many feel it’s good to know what their neighbors think. It builds better communities. It builds understanding. All things you have no interest in building. You’re a terrible person.
Get the fuck off your high horse. You know Jack shit about me and want to play like you are 2nd only to God in godliness. What a sad sack of shit you and your life must be to go around declaring people you don’t know as terrible. I honestly feel sorry for you and your family.

And sure there is a place for opinion polls on the new highway, but an alleged news program isn’t one of them.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

He knows what he reads in here, which is that you are everything he says you are. Having met you I would agree. You are a fuckin POS.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

ML@Coyote wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:15 am One of my sons does this online dating thing. He ran into a deer on the way home from seeing his new girlfriend. Mikey is right. Online dating is dangerous. And expensive $4,000 worth of body shop work :doh:
Expensive to whom?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Expensive to the deer.

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

I know, right? Gives us all this useless info while completely ignoring important details. Like, on descent, was dude actually falling head over heels?
"I see everything twice!"
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Smackie Chan wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:57 pm
I know, right? Gives us all this useless info while completely ignoring important details. Like, on descent, was dude actually falling head over heels?

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Smackie Chan wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:57 pm head over heels?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Ditch digging t r a i t o r trying to rehabilitate himself.
Fuck off n a z i.