Road Trip Coming Up

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Road Trip Coming Up

Post by Go Coogs' »

Driving from Houston to Maine during fall foliage to see my brother and nephew. Always been a bucket list item to see the colors. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Road Trip Coming Up

Post by Wolfman »

You might want to get to Maine via Vermont and New Hampshire. Great "leaf pepping" places.
Where in Maine are you headed ? This U of Maine alum wants to knowe
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

You may want to add Watkins Glen a/o Ithaca as a destination. Great foliage in the fingerlakes region in NY and loaded with wineries, breweries & a few distilleries. From there you can shoot across the NYS thruway into Mass near the Berkshires (also good foliage) and then head to NH or even VT on your way. If you end up going through NY, pm me for details.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

Wolfman wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:36 pm You might want to get to Maine via Vermont and New Hampshire.

How else do you get to Maine?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Leaving on a 48 state trip in dec with the kid cause there is no way I’m putting him thru school with a mask. Sounds like we miss hunting season in Louisiana but maybe we can go spotting or whatever it is you do down there when you can’t kill ‘em.

Been invited to the Bunker in Feb so that should be interesting. :shock:

DC is March if screwy is around.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

The Big Pickle wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:09 pm
Wolfman wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:36 pm You might want to get to Maine via Vermont and New Hampshire.

How else do you get to Maine?
Mass and NH. You really are stupid.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Kierland wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:28 pm Leaving on a 48 state trip in dec with the kid cause there is no way I’m putting him thru school with a mask. Sounds like we miss hunting season in Louisiana but maybe we can go spotting or whatever it is you do down there when you can’t kill ‘em.

Been invited to the Bunker in Feb so that should be interesting. :shock:

DC is March if screwy is around.
All 48 contiguous states in one month? Dude ... that tech doesn't exist yet. Take a couple months.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:37 pm
All 48 contiguous states in one month? Dude ... that tech doesn't exist yet. Take a couple months.
Starting in December it should have said, but I could do it in a month. 10,000/30=333.33miles a day

We have reservations in Panama City on Feb 1st so just before that. He hates fishing cause he thinks it’s just drinking beer and not catching anything so if you can dissuade of that notion I’m sure he would love it.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Wolfman wrote:You might want to get to Maine via Vermont and New Hampshire. Great "leaf pepping" places.
Where in Maine are you headed ? This U of Maine alum wants to knowe
I’m probably staying in Ellsworth or Bar Harbor. I believe my mom stayed on edge of campus in some cabin.

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Bar Harbor is of course THE tourist place. Another area in Maine I really liked was around Greenville/Moosehead Lake. Very nice there. Of course is you are into mountain climbing--Katahdin is a must. Bigelow up near Skowhegan is cool too. At any rate---enjoy the Pine Tree state.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Jsc810 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:13 pm Well, January is one of the best times of the year to go offshore to the Midnight Lump and go after the yellowfin tuna. It isn't exactly cheap to get a charter, but wow it is incredible fishing. With my back, I just can't handle the yellowfins anymore, but again it is phenomenal fishing.

Chartered with Super Strike Charters a few times up there, absolutely worth it.
Go Bucs, Gators
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

The one time I visited Cooperstown was during the 2012 WS, and the colors were incredible. In fall I'd say that Cooperstown is worthy of a visit independent of the BBHOF.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Wolfman wrote:Bar Harbor is of course THE tourist place. Another area in Maine I really liked was around Greenville/Moosehead Lake. Very nice there. Of course is you are into mountain climbing--Katahdin is a must. Bigelow up near Skowhegan is cool too. At any rate---enjoy the Pine Tree state.
I’m gonna be on the road 3 days going up. Spend 6 days there and do five days coming back.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'm surprised neighboring states will actually allow you out of Texas considering you are the Covid 19 epicenter for the US.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I'm surprised neighboring states will actually allow you out of Texas considering you are the Covid 19 epicenter for the US.
Leaving Oct 22nd and...link?