Sanders, Warren and others get something correct...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Sanders, Warren and others get something correct...

Post by Left Seater »

Senators Sanders and Pocahontas among others have written a letter to airlines asking mostly for refunds for passengers during this crisis. They get some of it correct. In fact I started a thread about this a week or 10 days ago. We see eye to eye on part of this.

When an airline cancels a flight on a passenger’s itinerary and a comparable alternative can’t be found within 2 hours of the original flights the DOT requires airlines to offer a full refund. The Senators want the airlines to honor this as they should. This is speaking mostly to United and JetBlue. American Delta and Southwest are still offering refunds in these cases.

Where I disagree with the Senators is they want airlines to refund any ticket that a passenger cancels for any reason regarding the ‘Rona. This goes too far. If an airline operated your flights and you chose not to take them then the offer of the full value of the tickets without a change fee is acceptable. The airline upheld their end of the contract. If you didn’t want to go, so be it. You aren’t losing your money, you just use it for a future flight.

Further if the Senators felt this strongly about refunding all tickets why didn’t they include this in the just passed bailout bill. Not requiring it and then asking for it now rings hollow. Did you forget? Did you not really want to include it for some political reason? Whatever your reasons, asking for this after the fact is silly.

So partial props to these Senators. Below is a link to the letters for anyone that cares.

https://www.markey.senate.gov/imo/media ... ations.pdf
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.