American flight experiences run-away trim...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

American flight experiences run-away trim...

Post by Left Seater »

But amazingly it didn’t crash. This is the same issue that brought down both 737-Max aircraft. This was an Embraer 175.

Amazing that proper training and having airmanship skills and this issue didn’t kill all onboard. The two guys up front diagnosed the issue, hand flew the plane and landed safely. This plane wasn’t a Boeing, didn’t have MCAS but suffered the same failure. While still certainly an emergency, it wasn’t fatal.

The 300 hour pilot of Lion Air wouldn’t have saved this. But yeah we should keep the 737-Max grounded.

Here is the ATC control. Hell of a job by the controller in his handling of this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RzoEsM0L2CM
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Kierland

Re: American flight experiences run-away trim...

Post by Kierland »

You really are a fat greedy POS.
Go fuck apples and shove oranges up your ass.
pron
Elwood

Post by pron »

Thought this thread was going to be about hottie flight attendants. :?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:00 pm But amazingly it didn’t crash. This is the same issue that brought down both 737-Max aircraft. This was an Embraer 175.

Amazing that proper training and having airmanship skills and this issue didn’t kill all onboard. The two guys up front diagnosed the issue, hand flew the plane and landed safely. This plane wasn’t a Boeing, didn’t have MCAS but suffered the same failure. While still certainly an emergency, it wasn’t fatal.

The 300 hour pilot of Lion Air wouldn’t have saved this. But yeah we should keep the 737-Max grounded.

Here is the ATC control. Hell of a job by the controller in his handling of this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RzoEsM0L2CM
Do you own Boeing stock?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

For the 12th time, I do not.

Where is your intellectual honesty and the call for the grounding of E-175s?

This is exactly the issue the 737-MAX experienced and you wanted them grounded. Oh wait you are a racist snowflake jizz mopper, so you have no intellectual honesty.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

pron wrote:Thought this thread was going to be about hottie flight attendants. :?
You're not going to find that kind of runaway trim in an domestic flight. You need to head over to the international terminal for that.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:06 am This is exactly the issue the 737-MAX experienced and you wanted them grounded. Oh wait you are a racist snowflake jizz mopper, so you have no intellectual honesty.
Nice melt.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

I was on a Q 400 last year form Seattle to Redmond. Started the take off roll and got to about 90 knots probably and the spoilers deployed. Pilots shut it down right away and rolled off the runway and to a area off taxi way. Cycled the spoilers several times and then took off just fine. No panic, just good flying.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Slap
Elwood

Post by Slap »

Kierland wrote:Go fuck apples and shove oranges up your ass.
His favorite is having an avocado jammed in his ass.
smackaholic wrote:I would touch someone's dick, hell, I'd fukking blow him
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:44 am
Left Seater wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:06 am This is exactly the issue the 737-MAX experienced and you wanted them grounded. Oh wait you are a racist snowflake jizz mopper, so you have no intellectual honesty.
Nice melt.
So you got nothing. Just say so.

Poor racist snowflake can’t think for himself and his racist overlords haven’t released talking points on this.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Projection is your friend.
Tell the big lie and don’t stop.
Herman is smiling.
Trust the process.

Sin,
88fatgreedyfucks
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

88 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:07 am Interesting audio. Dudes were clearly freaked out for a while. Cool as cucumbers at the end. Why only 6 people on board? Deadhead flight?
Great question regarding souls on board. 2 pilots, plus 2 waitstaff, would leave 2 paying pax. Sure seems like a repositioning flight, but it has a flight number that leads you to believe it was a revenue flight. American also says pax were rebooked on a later flight but that could be communication dept boilerplate speak.

Initial reports say the pilot’s (left seat) controls were the issue. When they worked thru their checklists they were able to isolate the issue to the pilot’s controls. They switched pilot flying to the right hand side (co-pilot) and had better response and control, however, not 100% functionality.

This is the exact same thing that happened to an Air Astana flight last November. That flight was a ferry flight and the pilots considered ditching before figuring out the issues.

Same issue, different results. These two had European and US training requirements. Put the Ethiopian pilots with their lack of experience and training and these flights likely also include the loss of airframe and lives.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So the kleptos at the airlines are to blame. Well that and the lack of offshore government regulations.
Gotcha.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Scientists are completely flummoxed as to how a creature so large and unwieldy is able to take flight...The laws of physics say otherwise, but this behemoth can take to the skies...

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

He also knows how to hand fly a plane. Something Ethiopian and Lion Air pilots can’t do.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Sounds like the kleptos running those companies and the governments overseeing them leave a lot to be desired.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Left Seater wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:21 pm He also knows how to hand fly a plane. Something Ethiopian and Lion Air pilots can’t do.
These planes will be used in countries relying upon undertrained pilots. The pilots can't be improved. Number one priority should be: how to improve the craft to better remove human error?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

We have a ton of that on all modern aircraft. The problem becomes what do these pilots do when the systems fail or malfunction?

Do you remember the Asiana crash at SFO maybe 7-9 years ago? The plane was fully operational and the weather was clear and calm. SFO needed to do some maintenance to runway systems and as such auto land was unavailable for 6 hours that day. No big deal visibility was as good as it gets, winds were on the nose at 5 knots. Simple conditions for any pilot. Well except for these Asiana pilots. They couldnt hand fly their plane and let it get too low and as a result they landed short, caught the sea wall and killed a few people and destroyed their aircraft.

Turns out they only ever used auto land.

Pilots need hand flying skills. Most of the time it can be a video game. But when it isn’t you need stick and rudder skills and practice. Something neither the Ethiopian or Lion Air pilots had.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Then why did the kleptos and the government let them fly?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I guess. I haven’t read much of his posts in months. Although if you read one it is as if you read 98% of them since they don’t change. I also haven’t responded to the wee one in close to a year, yet he does what he can to post after each of mine.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Hey Lefty, how exactly does THIS work?

So passengers that happen to be on one of those questionable 38 planes that will go unchecked prior to Jan 31, 2020 get to white knuckle it & hope for the best?

FAA threatened to ground 38 Southwest Airlines planes over maintenance concerns

U.S. aviation regulators last month threatened to ground more than three dozen Boeing 737 planes that Southwest Airlines bought from foreign carriers over a lack of safety and repair documentation, according to a letter from the Federal Aviation Administration that was made public on Monday.

The issues, reported earlier by The Wall Street Journal, trace back to what the FAA said were required documents for 88 planes in question, which Southwest purchased from 16 foreign carriers, according to a U.S. Senate committee that released some of the documents and is requesting more information from the agency.

The planes make up about 11% of Southwest’s fleet of roughly 750 Boeing 737s.

Southwest has completed the FAA’s tasks for most of the planes but has yet to provide documentation on 38 more that are still flying.

Last year, the airline “discovered a small number of repairs on a few of these 88 pre-owned aircraft that had been performed but not properly classified by the previous owners due to differences in language and repair criteria,” said Southwest spokeswoman Brandy King.

The FAA gave the carrier two-years to complete a “nose-to-tail” physical inspection of the planes to confirm the repairs made by the planes’ previous operators, she added.

An FAA official, John Posey, who oversees the airline, complained in an Oct. 29 letter to Southwest’s COO about the slow pace of Southwest’s review of the planes. The agency wanted the company to outline issues the planes encountered, including bird strikes, lightning strikes, hard landings or uncontained engine failure.

“If the FAA’s concerns are not adequately addressed, the FAA may exercise remedies up to and including grounding the aircraft” until Southwest complies, the letter said.

Southwest told the FAA it would ramp up inspections to complete them by Jan. 31, instead of a deadline of July 1, 2020, the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation said.

“Our continuous assessment of the ongoing inspections has revealed nothing to warrant the expedited timeline, but we remain on track to have all aircraft involved inspected by the end of January,” said King.
E PLURIBUS PLURIBUS
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:54 pm I guess. I haven’t read much of his posts in months. Although if you read one it is as if you read 98% of them since they don’t change. I also haven’t responded to the wee one in close to a year, yet he does what he can to post after each of mine.
Yes we know you, like melty, are fat yellow tards.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

You have to read these articles closely Seer. Most aviation reporters know very little about what they have to cover. And when they do understand they still like to write click bait stories. This is probably some of both.
Last year, the airline “discovered a small number of repairs on a few of these 88 pre-owned aircraft that had been performed but not properly classified by the previous owners due to differences in language and repair criteria,” said Southwest spokeswoman Brandy King.
So breaking down this paragraph, we see that Southwest found issues with documentation or possibly different maintenance criteria from US regulations on 38 of the 88 aircraft purchased from foreign airlines. This doesn’t mean the plane is unsafe just that the documentation is either lacking or nonexistent. Also note that this was discovered last year, 2018. If the FAA though the planes unsafe, they would have immediately grounded them. Further FAA inspectors usually sign off on planes when they are sold on the secondary market.

The FAA gave the carrier two-years to complete a “nose-to-tail” physical inspection of the planes to confirm the repairs made by the planes’ previous operators, she added.
Then we have this paragraph which says the FAA gave Southwest two years to complete physical inspections of the 38 planes where paperwork inconsistencies were found. From the previous paragraph we know these issues were found in 2018. So 2 years would be 2020.

An FAA official, John Posey, who oversees the airline, complained in an Oct. 29 letter to Southwest’s COO about the slow pace of Southwest’s review of the planes.
Now there is a letter written by an FAA “official” who is complaining about the pace of the inspections. No where does it say Southwest has not inspected these planes before the deadline has expired, just that the pace isn’t what this “official” wanted.

It could very well be that Southwest planned all of the inspections to happen in the first part of 2020 and that will comply with the 2 year window that the FAA laid out back in 2018. We don’t know and aren’t told when the 2 year window is up.
Southwest told the FAA it would ramp up inspections to complete them by Jan. 31, instead of a deadline of July 1, 2020, the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation said.
Finally we get this info that leads us to believe that Southwest needed to complete all inspections by July 1, 2020. However, Southwest says it will complete all inspections by Jan 31st, a full 5 months before the FAA deadline.

Then the story wraps with this:
“Our continuous assessment of the ongoing inspections has revealed nothing to warrant the expedited timeline, but we remain on track to have all aircraft involved inspected by the end of January,” said King.
So Southwest has found nothing out of the ordinary in their inspections, but since some FAA “official” is concerned over the pace Southwest has agreed to complete the inspections early.

Bottom line is Southwest will complete the required inspections 5 months early. That could have easily been the lead to this story but it isn’t click bait enough for most. You likely wouldn’t have posted it here had the story been positioned as such.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Cold threats are always cool.
I’ll just play it off like it was nothing.
Go for it dude.

Sin,
88massshooters
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Always make it about them.
If the thread is about Boeing, make it about them.
Trust the process.
Flood the zone.

Sin,
88fatmeltingtards
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Spam the board.
Then bitch about the responses and call them spam.
Trust the process.

Sin,
88CryingJaynes
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Kierland wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:29 pm Spam the board.
Then bitch about the responses and call them spam.
Trust the process.

Sin,
88CryingJaynes
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Trust the process.
Fat retards are part of the process.
Flood the zone.
Spam a lot.

Sin,
88FatYellowTards
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

How many times are you going to post about how you are “ignoring “ me?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

It’s always about them, even in a thread about Boeing.
Attack Attack Attack.
Trust the process.

Sin,
88fatyellowtards
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:19 am
pron wrote:Thought this thread was going to be about hottie flight attendants. :?
You're not going to find that kind of runaway trim in an domestic flight. You need to head over to the international terminal for that.
This^^^^^^.

As I may have said a time or three, work brings me to airports regularly and whenever I am at Logan, I make it a point to get over to terminal E to watch the Asian airline flight crews walk through. And last time I was there, a Luftansa 747 crew nearly trampled me. A tall blonde avalanche!

Thank g0d, foreign airlines are still sexist creeps.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.