Annoying things drivers do

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Annoying things drivers do

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

What's the thing that really grinds your gears, while you're goin' through the gears? I really hate passive drivers. Especially passive mergers. You don't need to cut people off or drive like an asshole, just be decisive and assertive. Make your move, don't wait for others to slow down or speed up for you. Also, old people.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Annoying things drivers do

Post by smackaholic »

Overly passive drivers are annoying. Nearly as annoying as asshole BMW pilot.

Another thing that's kinda scary are today's over the road truckers. This group used to be largely professional and you'd rarely see them do anything stupid.

Today we have a different bunch. People who have migrated from places where they probably never even rode in a car or truck, much less drive them. Now they are driving 80,000 lb semis. What could possibly go wrong?

The other day I am on the Mass Pike. There was a trucker who had pulled off on the shoulder for whatever. Anyhoo, dude signals to re-enter traffic, turns the wheel left and drives straight into a traffic lane. He was prolly doing 10-15 mph as I went past him. Apparently, it didn't occur to him that staying on the nice wide shoulder until he was up to at least 40 mph, might be a wise thing. I watched in the rear view mirror as traffic bunched up behind him. Unfukking believable.

And of course, I do have to make a shout out to Mr "I'm driving the speed limit, what do you mean I can't be in the passing lane". That dude will always be at the top of the list of people to hate.

And when driving in the Boston area, there is young asian dude in a very fast BMW.

Really, really, really bad combo there.

Yeah, I know, you are making stupid money after graduating from MIT. But just because you can afford that M3, doesn't mean it is a good idea.

While I am on my racist stereotype roll, I have to mention hispanic dude in an early 90s civic.

Please, go back to PR, por favor.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

People that live in the passing lane. You know who you are and fuck you for doing it.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:43 am Also, old people.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

People who are distracted on their FUCKING cell phone.

Women looking in the mirror on the back of the sun visor and putting on their eye makeup while driving to work in the morning. Get up ten minutes earlier you lazy fucking cunt, and put that shit on at home. Or just skip it all together it’s not doing you any good anyway.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:43 am
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:43 am Also, old people.
Die in a poutine fire you little Canadian puff ball.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I used to think the Asians are bad drivers thing was just a dumb stereotype until I dated a Chinese girl. It's true, Asians are absolutely horrific drivers. I mean, shockingly bad. Specifically Asian women. A routine drive to the grocery store on a Sunday afternoon feels like a life or death experience. Then you've got wintertime, Asians on ice.

That should be a play: "Asians On Ice." It would just be two hours of cars crashing into each other.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Can it be true and racist at the same time?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Motorcycles riding between lanes when traffic is still moving.

Smart cars.

People waiting for an invitation to turn left.

Those who see someone backing out of a parking space but seem to think they have the right away and pass behind car trying to back out of said space. Those that then honk because the person backing out of the space hasn’t stopped for them should be put to death.

People who follow others out of a store or something and hold up traffic to get a spot 10 spaces closer to the front when multiple spaces are open further down the aisle.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

“Smart cars”

You can’t go one post without being a douche can you?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Also, when the red light turns green but the moron in front of you doesn't realize it cuz they're on their cell phone, so you have to sit through another cycle of lights. Typically how I handle that situation is, I murder them in front of their entire family.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

"Annoying things drivers do"

Existing
Acting entitled
Constantly acting like victims like Republicans
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mexican Polka rocks, asshole!!!!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:05 am "Annoying things drivers do"

Existing
Acting entitled
Constantly acting like victims like Republicans
Ya know what I like to see?

Someone swerving close to the curb, to hit the puddle and drown screwy while he's standing at the bus stop in his favorite Che T shirt.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Dangerous: red light runners. I see at least one every day down here. Annoying: those who have run out of turn signal fluid. Tailgaters next.They think they are drafting at Daytona. I might speed up if they will pay any fine I might get.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Wolfman wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:28 pm Dangerous: red light runners.
All the more reason to switch to traffic circles.

So I guess I’m complaining about what governments do but it’s still my pet peeve. Lights are (mostly) dumb dangerous and a waste of my time and money and they also cause pollution and traffic jams.

Fuck lights.
Imus
Elwood

Post by Imus »

God damned fucking assholes who jack rabbit start and emergency stop between lights. These are the filthy cocksuckers who weave in and out of cars at high speed to get one car ahead at the next light, and have no God Damn grasp of the concept of momentum. I'm sure they wonder why their gas mileage is low and their brakes wear out so fast.

I can read that writing and it says: "Muhanad administers punishment on Kahlil for dogdging in and out of camel traffic, during camel fucking hour"

The dude getting de-balled is m2's g-g-g granddaddy. It's why he is grinning.
wolfman wrote:I also remember seeing all the old people dying in the streets because they did not have medicare. Good times.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Why don’t you just STFU.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

People who sit in the right lane on 3 Lane highways who don't intend to exit at the next exit. Left lane is for passing, middle lane for cruising and right lane is for getting the fuck off the highway.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

BSmack wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:34 pm ...cruising...
:|

Why don’t you just STFU.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

On the other hand some things are good.
#!-When passing though Ohio on I-90, I mentioned to MrsO that no trucks were passing us and we have passed many. I was not aware that the truck speed limit was 60 MPH and ENFORCED. Do not know if it still is, but I was hoping other states would have followed suit.
#2- Some sections of interstates, especially down here in FL, the left lane of a 3 lane section is NO TRUCKS. Another good idea.
#3- Traffic circles/roundabouts were mentioned. They work great in places of low traffic. If you think 4 way stop signs confuse some folks, they are worse.
#4- Right on red. Works great in most places.
Down here, I wish the folks in charge would spend money on back up battery systems for the traffic lights at busier intersections. When we have a power outage--it gets crazy.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Wolfman wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:57 pm If you think 4 way stop signs confuse some folks...

Who the fuck gets confused at a 4-way stop?
You're either an asshole, or you're not.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

^^^^^^^
Must be you do not have much experience with them. I've been confronted with some drivers who have no clue as to the protocol for who goes when.

atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:27 am
Wolfman wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:57 pm If you think 4 way stop signs confuse some folks...

Who the fuck gets confused at a 4-way stop?
You're either an asshole, or you're not.
Did you forget wolfman lives in Florida?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

:doh:

Point taken.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Fat people. I hate fat drivers and their Fat cars.
Yellow cars. I hate Yellow cars.
Tards in cars. I hate Tards in cars.
Hillbilly cars. I hate Hillbillies and their cars.
Melting cars. I hate cars that are on fire and Melting.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

People that don't mosey into the intersection when waiting to turn left as traffic allows. They sit in their cars behind the crosswalk and will not make the turn as the signal changes. WTF is that? Some will at least turn left as the oncoming traffic stops as the signal is changing but even that only allows for 1 fucking car to make the turn at a time.

Get your ass into the intersection so up to 3 cars can turn left dumbasses. Seems a lot of them are from Texas. Must teach that stuff or something. If there's a lot of traffic and no left turn arrow theoretically you could spend your life behind them. I just circle around them and wait in the middle of the intersection for the light to change. Fuck 'em.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

It's so hard being a driver in a car supremacist world. You know what we should do? Make driving the default mode of transportation throughout the US. That makes a lot of sense.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:14 pm
Wolfman wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:28 pm Dangerous: red light runners.
All the more reason to switch to traffic circles.

So I guess I’m complaining about what governments do but it’s still my pet peeve. Lights are (mostly) dumb dangerous and a waste of my time and money and they also cause pollution and traffic jams.

Fuck lights.
I knew there was something we agreed on. I am a fan of rotaries.

Lights could be a lot better it they were left in blinking mode when things are slow.

There is nothing more maddening than coming up to an intersection where there isn't another car in site and the light goes red just as you get there.

WIth the advances in video recognition systems, why not install cameras on lights so they can recognize approaching traffic and switch lights accordingly? It would save lots of gas and prevent accidents caused because some assbag sped up to try to beat a light.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:34 pm People who sit in the right lane on 3 Lane highways who don't intend to exit at the next exit. Left lane is for passing, middle lane for cruising and right lane is for getting the fuck off the highway.

Bullshit.

It depends on the situation.

On lightly traveled highways, slow traffic should stay right. If you are slow in the middle lane, you promote right lane passing, especially when 2 faster cars are approaching at the same time. When you do approach off/on ramps, move to the center as needed to avoid blocking cars exiting/entering.

In a congested area with lots of on/off ramps, you would be correct.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:05 pm I knew there was something we agreed on. I am a fan of rotaries.

Lights could be a lot better it they were left in blinking mode when things are slow.

There is nothing more maddening than coming up to an intersection where there isn't another car in site and the light goes red just as you get there.

WIth the advances in video recognition systems, why not install cameras on lights so they can recognize approaching traffic and switch lights accordingly? It would save lots of gas and prevent accidents caused because some assbag sped up to try to beat a light.
Poor drivers. Won't someone think of the drivers?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Another thing that's starting to happen is road diets. Urban walkability nerds just love it because then you could put in more bike lanes and trees. But the real reason it's getting done is because State and County governments pay local municipalities by the lane mile for basic maintenance and plowing. So take a four-lane road and whittle it down to two, the county or state is paying half of what it used to for plowing and other maintenance. Net result, taxes stay the same and traffic gets slower.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:38 pm
smackaholic wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:05 pm I knew there was something we agreed on. I am a fan of rotaries.

Poor drivers. Won't someone think of the drivers?
Yeah, doing things to save fuel time and lives is a waste. THat money could go to building more bus stops.

STFU and go put more quarters in the dryer.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BSmack wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:06 pm Another thing that's starting to happen is road diets. Urban walkability nerds just love it because then you could put in more bike lanes and trees. But the real reason it's getting done is because State and County governments pay local municipalities by the lane mile for basic maintenance and plowing. So take a four-lane road and whittle it down to two, the county or state is paying half of what it used to for plowing and other maintenance. Net result, taxes stay the same and traffic gets slower.

And the streets get safer for both drivers and non drivers. Excuse me while I play the world's tiniest violin for you and suckaholic.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:32 am Yeah, doing things to save fuel time and lives is a waste. THat money could go to building more bus stops.

STFU and go put more quarters in the dryer.
If we're gonna start installing cameras on stoplights they should be to start enforcing safe driving among drivers who clearly show on an every day real life basis that without strict enforcement of traffic laws they will do whatever they want and thus make the streets dangerous and hostile to both drivers and vulnerable road users.

Too fucking bad for you.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Rotaries/traffic circles are fine for low traffic areas. But intersections that get a ton of traffic need lights.

I remember when we lived in Mass and on Friday afternoons traffic would back up for miles as people tried to get out on the cape. Both bridges had rotaries on either side of the bridge and it was a steady stream of traffic into the rotary from two highways. The first highway to enter the rotary caused the other highway to back up for miles. This screwed traffic on the 2nd highway for a few exits.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Screwy doesn't get that rich white suburbanites get lower taxes while urban centers get paid less for doing the same amount of work.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

The Seer wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:26 amPeople that don't mosey into the intersection when waiting to turn left as traffic allows. They sit in their cars behind the crosswalk and will not make the turn as the signal changes.
Yep. Makes me wanna unload a roll of quarters and throw the assholes into the laundromat dryer with Screwy's soiled underoos.
"I see everything twice!"
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

schmick wrote:Fuck them, I pay 130k a year in taxes, I'm taking the whole fucking lane
That's all?

~ 88

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

No but anything over 10% is.