Doom

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Doom

Post by Left Seater »

Smackie, are you wearing a mask in public? Just wondering where you fall on this.

I was recent in the U&L and I saw far less mask wearing than I saw in Laredo 10 days ago. Not sure why that surprised me, but it did.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Left Seater wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:39 pm Smackie, are you wearing a mask in public? Just wondering where you fall on this.

I was recent in the U&L and I saw far less mask wearing than I saw in Laredo 10 days ago. Not sure why that surprised me, but it did.
Generally, no. But I do if the particular establishment requires it. It does seem a bit strange that Laredans would mask up more than the U&L.
"I see everything twice!"
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I do as well if the establishment requires it. I do not if they say it is recommended or optional.

Mrs Seater believes the difference to be all the illegal aliens around the border vs the confused pasty whites of the U&L.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

An unvaxed friend of mama's visited us about 10 days ago. This past Mon, her husband (who didn't visit us) tested positive for COVID and she tested negative that day. On Wed, she tested positive. She has lupus and other co-morbidity that would likely put her at high risk for serious illness. Both she and her husband are reportedly experiencing somewhat severe symptoms, though neither has been hospitalized. We don't believe she had it while she was here since she tested negative after leaving, but it's still possible (though unlikely) that she could have infected us. We're both Pfizer-vaxed, so we're not terribly concerned about getting seriously ill if we do get infected, although mama is more worried about it than I am due to some underlying health issues. If, for whatever reason, I got tested and was shown to be positive and asymptomatic, I would likely mask up regularly while contagious to try to help protect unvaxed individuals with whom I may make contact.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Jsc810 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:41 pmWe are ALL coming home from the hospital completely drained every day. Even the people that work in non-COVID areas because their caseloads are all doubled too.
Mama is a retired RN who stays in touch with her former co-workers and other nurses/medical professionals. Their stories are the same as the one you cited. The problem with your posting it is that you're essentially preaching to the choir. The ones who will empathize are those who get vaxed. Your intended target audience (the unvaxed) believes that this is just the way it has to be, and that getting vaxed just exacerbates a problem that would go away on its own if we just let it run its course. You know they're stupid, I know they're stupid, but stupid people are too stupid to realize they're stupid. Some people would invoke the Dunning-Kruger effect as the reason for this, although that would technically be a misapplication of it.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Left Seater wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:39 pm Smackie, are you wearing a mask in public? Just wondering where you fall on this.

I think it has to do with what Moving Sale pointed out.
The "If you're vaccinated you can ditch your mask" message the overlords put out a few months ago.

Many vaccinated people have a serious misunderstanding regarding what the vaccination means for them, and others.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Smackie wrote:I know pops wants to keep harping on the facts that vaxed folks are still getting infected and transmitting it, and that Fauci et al send out mixed messages and therefore are incompetent. But that focus, while not something that should be completely disregarded, misses the primary mark. To conclude, "Well, Fauci and the so-called experts are part of the gov't, gov't can't be trusted, and therefore everything they say is a lie and should be completely ignored" is a dangerous logical fallacy.
I do not think everything the CDC, WHO (and others) say should be ignored.

But what can't be moved past is the fact that tens of millions of people have taken the injections because *THE OFFICIALS* painted a vaccination picture in their mind that matched with what most already understand a vaccine to be.
That is, you're good to go.
You're not going to get seriously ill and you're surely not going to be passing the virus to others.
And on top of that, *THE OFFICIALS* told folks that if they are vaccinated they can get rid of their masks.

This is all wrong and it is simply inexcusable.

The vaccine is an emergency measure, there are already serious problems with it, and the long-term effects of taking it are yet to be seen.

Again, tens of millions of people put their trust (and their lives) in these people, and very important aspects of the vaccine information was INCORRECT.

And the cherry on top is that a person cannot detox from the vax once they've taken it.

Smackie wrote:Taking the HIGHLY misguided approach that pops suggests - essentially, not doing anything to rein in the effects of the virus at the global level and simply letting the chips fall where they may because interfering with Mother Nature can screw things up even more based on the belief that there isn't always a sensible solution to every problem - is ignorant. Sure, he's entitled to believe what he wants. But that belief and approach is simply idiotic, since I'm allowed to believe what I want, too.
No.

Vaccines should be worked on and they should go through the FDA approval process.

Masks, social distancing, hand washing, etc. should have been continually emphasized by our leaders.

If an emergency vax(s) was to be rolled out it should have targeted elderly, sick, or physical compromised people.

As I've said, the mass-vax strategy is making the problem worse, and exponentially so.

You've now got an upper respiratory illness outbreak escalating in the summer months, following on the footsteps of an escalating number of people having taken the injections.

Hello?

Geert knew.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Left Seater wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:39 pm I was recent in the U&L and I saw far less mask wearing than I saw in Laredo 10 days ago. Not sure why that surprised me, but it did.
Where in the U&L were you (there's a big difference between left & right sides of the Cascades)? Were you in an area where there were lots of tourists? Simply spending a few days in the greater "U&L" doesn't mean shit about what that area is like.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Downtown Seattle, Orcas Island, Everett, Redmond and Woodinville.

Outside of Orcas island and Woodinville the rest was locals not wearing masks.

Oh and I knew they were locals from the cross dressing, unshaven females, bathroom signs with three stick figures instead of two, gender is a choice t-shirts, etc.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Good god you are an insufferable twat.

Thank god for Darwin.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

https://www.timesofisrael.com/cdc-warns ... ant-cases/

The CDC has put out a warning against travel to Israel.
Even the fully vaccinated should not go there.

Israel, one of the more highly vaccinated countries in the world, has seen cases surging -----> on the heels of its vaccination rate surging.

Go figure.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Why do you ask me if I understand it?

Because aren't you now going to proceed to explain how I don't understand it?

:)
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Smackie Chan wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:46 pm
Taking the HIGHLY misguided approach that pops suggests - essentially, not doing anything to rein in the effects of the virus at the global level and simply letting the chips fall where they may because interfering with Mother Nature can screw things up even more based on the belief that there isn't always a sensible solution to every problem - is ignorant.
I don’t think he is saying that at all. He is (I think) advocating for the few things we KNOW work. Germ isolation, topical germ warfare and germ barriers. He is not however on board with in body germ warfare for the reasons he has stated. The unintended consequences of the former are far less and the possible shenanigans surrounding them are also far less than the vaccine, which is also true.
And even if that isn’t his position it’s still all true and the powers that be have no one to blame but themselves and their predecessors.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

That's pretty much it.
I don't at all like where this is headed, because I see no good outcome now.

This truly is -----> DOOM!
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Societal chaos (more) is now a given.

The Rubicon has been crossed, and that's no joke.

Some folks took the vax out of a sense of concern for their physical well-being, and I understand how that is.
But many (or most) who took the vax did so because they thought it was going to be helping restore us to "normal" life.

The extreme irony is that nothing could be further from the reality.

I expect a significant announcement (or event) to occur this week.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

poptart wrote:I expect a significant announcement (or event) to occur this week.
A handful, so far.
For example...

L.A. City Council unanimously approves vaccine mandate for indoor public places.
"Show me your papers!"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 234996306/

Washington state mandates the vax for public employees and health care workers.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... e-workers/

Washington has fully vaccinated around 60% of folks over age 12 (allegedly) and 70% (allegedly) have taken one shot.
Yet cases have been rising rapidly in the last month+.
Won't be long (imo) before they rise higher than the highs of December 2020.

Vax more.
Rise more.
Good idea! :idea:

Many important workers are not gonna take the shots, friend0s.

Many.

Helter Skelter!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Softball Bat wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:29 am
poptart wrote:I expect a significant announcement (or event) to occur this week.
A handful, so far.
For example...

L.A. City Council unanimously approves vaccine mandate for indoor public places.
"Show me your papers!"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 234996306/
So was it "Show me your papers!" in the 50's & 60's when children were required to show proof of vaccination for smallpox, measles, diphtheria and tetanus in order to be admitted to public schools?

BTW....heard of any cases of smallpox lately?
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Good. Anti-vaxxers can stay home if they're scared.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Diego wrote:So was it "Show me your papers!" in the 50's & 60's when children were required to show proof of vaccination for smallpox, measles, diphtheria and tetanus in order to be admitted to public schools?
Apples to oranges, oranges, oranges, oranges.

This was discussed a bit on pg. 37 of this thread.

Tetanus had about a 30% mortality rate.
Smallpox was over 30%
Diptheria was 5-10%.
Measles hospitalized about 25% of people who get it.

Covid is nowhere near these levels.

There is a lot more than just this, but I find it hard to believe that people actually think a non-FDA approved "vaccine" should be mandated.

Truly clown show behavior on display.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:25 pm Good. Anti-vaxxers can stay home if they're scared.
Yeah, but what about those that are vaccinated? Why does your party support not following the science? Why do we have travel bans against vaccinated EU countries but not unvacinated Indoneasians? Why are vaccinated Americans testing before returning to the US? Why are vaccinated (allegedly) guests of Obama's birthday allowed to go maskless, but not at the Post Office?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

We can pull this video back up after we move on down the road a bit -- and this individual will prolly want to hide from this take.

The real pandemic hasn't even begun yet.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett turned away a challenge to Indiana University’s
requirement that all students be vaccinated against Covid-19 for the fall semester unless they
have a religious or medical exemption.

Giving no explanation, Barrett on Thursday summarily denied a request to block the vaccine
mandate from eight students who said their constitutional rights were being violated.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... e-backlash

One of those wonderful Dump appointees "conservatives" were jizzing over.
lol

Winning!

poptart wrote:societal chaos
Yes.
Folks are just simply not going to comply.

The collapse of society.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Journal of Infection study released August 9th.

https://www.journalofinfection.com/arti ... 3/fulltext

In conclusion, ADE (antibody dependent) enhancement may occur in people receiving
vaccines based on the original Wuhan strain spike sequence (either mRNA or viral vectors)
and then exposed to a Delta variant. Although this potential risk has been cleverly
anticipated before the massive use of Covid-19 vaccines, the ability of SARS-CoV-2
antibodies to mediate infection enhancement in vivo has never been formally demonstrated.
However, although the results obtained so far have been rather reassuring, to the
best of our knowledge ADE of Delta variants has not been specifically assessed.
Since
our data indicate that Delta variants are especially well recognized by infection enhancing
antibodies targeting the NTD, the possibility of ADE should be further investigated as it
may represent a potential risk for mass vaccination during the current Delta variant pandemic
In this respect, second generation vaccines with spike protein formulations lacking
structurally-conserved ADE-related epitopes should be considered

Read it and digest it.

It is unknown how the vaccinated will be responding to the Delta variant -- and ADE is a potential risk for mass vaccination during the Delta pandemic.

Therefore a "second generation" vax should be considered.
A new vax, since what will be occurring because of the first generation vaccines is unknown, and it could be... undesirable.

This is a gentle way of saying the vax pushers are flying blind when it comes to knowing if the mass vax strategy will really work out as they say they hope it will.
Since things might be going south (Delta variants are especially well recognized by infection enhancing antibodies targeting the NTD) they better get busy thinking about the next vax idea they are going to sell the folks on.

That's my read on it.
Of course I assume the pro-vax crowd will somehow read this and find comfort in it. :)
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Hospitalizations and deaths among the vaccinated will be rising... a lot.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I think the Delta wave will die down in the next 45 days.

But it will be replaced by the next wave which will then be replaced. Rinse repeat.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Posted in the other thread...

poptart wrote:Look at Israel.
They were ahead of the curve with the vax program.
Yet cases continue to rise -- on the heels of the large rise in number of folks vaccinated.

Yesterday they reached a level of 405 severe cases in Israel.
250 out of the 405 severe cases are fully vaccinated.

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/2 ... eed-50?amp

Iceland, also ahead of the vaccine curve, and one of the most highly vax'd places on earth...

https://twitter.com/thordisb/status/1425994022343041026

Yesterday(12.08) Iceland
30 covid patients, 5 of them in the ICU, 4 on ventilators.
20 are fully vaccinated, 10 not vaccinated.
Of the 5 in ICU, 4 are fully vaxed.
68 hospital admissions for this Water wave
40% not vaxed. 9 have been in the ICU, 6 of them vaxed. No deaths.

Time frame?

It is already well known that the vaccines are making people sick, and killing people.
If you take your eyes off what the main stream media outlets pump out you'll easily find this out.

But I would guess that by winter we will see a huge problem with vaccinated people (and also unvax'd) falling seriously ill/dying.
And the vax'd will also be dying from things other than Covid.

The mass-vax strategy was the worst idea the know-it-alls could have proceeded with.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

If max vac was the worst possible choice, what would have been the best choice?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

As I said a few pages back, the presence of a problem (the virus) does not necessarily mean that their is a real pleasing solution to the problem.

Posted be me on the previous page...
poptart wrote:Masks, social distancing, hand washing, etc. should have been continually emphasized by our leaders.

If an emergency vax(s) was to be rolled out it should have targeted elderly, sick, or physical compromised people.
I have no problem with the emergency use vax being offered and used by folks if that is what they want to do.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So in other words pretty much nothing.

Seems like a position one would take so they could criticize any action actually taken.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Masks, distancing, topicals = nothing
Sin,
BrokenPsyche
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

I clearly did not advocate doing nothing.

I clearly did not criticize any action actually taken.

I hope it works out well for anyone reading this.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Masks, social distancing, and hand washing are fine. But in the face of this virus that is pretty much nothing.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Left Seater wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:37 pm Masks, social distancing, and hand washing are fine. But in the face of this virus that is pretty much nothing.
Yeah, because masks, hand washing & social distancing didn't lower the amount of people getting the flu in the last year, either.

Sincerely,
Yes, it did.
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

BrokenPsyche is a stupid person and a domestic terrorist and you all treat him like he is normal.

Shame on all of you.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:31 pm
Left Seater wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:37 pm Masks, social distancing, and hand washing are fine. But in the face of this virus that is pretty much nothing.
Yeah, because masks, hand washing & social distancing didn't lower the amount of people getting the flu in the last year, either.

Sincerely,
Yes, it did.
You continue to struggle. I am not arguing those are good practices. But you are the one who wants mandatory vaccines.

That said, once an individual is vaccinated the mask should be their choice.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Left Seater wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:17 am
Diego in Seattle wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:31 pm

Sincerely,
Yes, it did.
You continue to struggle. I am not arguing those are good practices. But you are the one who wants mandatory vaccines.

That said, once an individual is vaccinated the mask should be their choice.
1) It isn't their choice when it comes to spreading a pandemic virus. Infection & transmission is still possible, even when one is fully vaccinated. It's only 1%, but that's still making it possible for those people to cause great illness & even death. One doesn't have the right to spread viruses.

2) How would people know who is fully vaccinated & who isn't? We all know that maskholes would never lie about their vaccination status...

Let those who feel no obligation to keep other members of society safe go find some island to practice Darwinism on their own.
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:20 am
1) It isn't their choice when it comes to spreading a pandemic virus. Infection & transmission is still possible, even when one is fully vaccinated. It's only 1%, but that's still making it possible for those people to cause great illness & even death. One doesn't have the right to spread viruses.
If you are worried about it you can wear a mask. Per your number it is only a 1% chance and if you mask up it should lower your risk. Spread illness and death? Good Lord, no way you can prove anyone does or doesn’t carry or spread it, but you want to argue for absolute proof below…
2) How would people know who is fully vaccinated & who isn't? We all know that maskholes would never lie about their vaccination status...
We don’t. So if you are so scared, wear a mask yourself.

Let those who feel no obligation to keep other members of society safe go find some island to practice Darwinism on their own.
There is no obligation to keep others safe. Your safety isn’t my obligation. Your fear of a car accident doesn’t mean I should be limited to a 10 mph maximum speed to keep you from pissing yourself.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Left Seater wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:48 pm
If you are worried about it you can wear a mask. Per your number it is only a 1% chance and if you mask up it should lower your risk. Spread illness and death? Good Lord, no way you can prove anyone does or doesn’t carry or spread it, but you want to argue for absolute proof below…
We don’t. So if you are so scared, wear a mask yourself.

There is no obligation to keep others safe. Your safety isn’t my obligation. Your fear of a car accident doesn’t mean I should be limited to a 10 mph maximum speed to keep you from pissing yourself.
So those 58 people killed in Las Vegas were responsible for their own safety?
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:48 pm There is no obligation to keep others safe. Your safety isn’t my obligation. Your fear of a car accident doesn’t mean I should be limited to a 10 mph maximum speed to keep you from pissing yourself.
Terrible analogy. By your logic, we wouldn't have drunk driving laws. "It's my freedom to be able to drive on public roads without state actors violating the Bill of Rights. Stay off the roads if you're scared." You wouldn't like that, would you?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.