Stick a fork in Brett Kavanaugh

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Stick a fork in Brett Kavanaugh

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Not only is he a vile piece of shit who thinks the president is above the law, he just got busted multiple times lying under oath. No wonder the GOP has held back all those documents from the Dems.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?449705-10 ... y-2-part-2

Of course he'll still be confirmed because the GOP is amoral, just like Trump.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Re: Stick a fork in Brett Kavanaugh

Post by ML@Coyote »

Do conservative protesters show up and interrupt hearings for liberal judges? I don't remember seeing any protesters all dressed up like Brooks Brothers models, shouting GOP slogans and making fools of themselves. Or am I wrong about this? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ML@Coyote wrote:Do conservative protesters show up and interrupt hearings for liberal judges? I don't remember seeing any protesters all dressed up like Brooks Brothers models, shouting GOP slogans and making fools of themselves. Or am I wrong about this? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You're right. I don't remember this type of thing happening at Merrick Garland's hearing.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
ML@Coyote wrote:Do conservative protesters show up and interrupt hearings for liberal judges? I don't remember seeing any protesters all dressed up like Brooks Brothers models, shouting GOP slogans and making fools of themselves. Or am I wrong about this? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You're right. I don't remember this type of thing happening at Merrick Garland's hearing.
That was funny, but it didn't really answer the question.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Lefties are like little kids playing a game. They set or change rules on a whim to benefit themselves, and then bitch and cry when their opponents use said rules they put in place to beat them at their own game.

Don't like that Merrick Garland didn't get a hearing (that he would have lost)? Thank Joe Biden.
Don't like that it now takes a simple majority to confirm a SCOTUS judge? Thank Harry Reid.

Honest question: What is the worst thing that could happen if Kavanaugh is confirmed and the court takes on a conservative majority (assuming he isn't the swing vote that Kennedy was)?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I don't remember the last time Democrats withheld hundreds of thousands of pages of key documents from a nominee's White House tenure and then released 1/8 of those at 4 am the night of the hearing in an attempt to ram through a blatantly partisan nominee who also believes in an imperial presidency.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote: Honest question: What is the worst thing that could happen if Kavanaugh is confirmed and the court takes on a conservative majority (assuming he isn't the swing vote that Kennedy was)?
Imperial presidency. Overturn Roe v Wade. Further destruction of worker rights and labor rights.

Did I get them all?
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I don't remember the last time Democrats withheld hundreds of thousands of pages of key documents from a nominee's White House tenure and then released 1/8 of those at 4 am the night of the hearing in an attempt to ram through a blatantly partisan nominee who also believes in an imperial presidency.

So that's why these idiots shout and interrupt and get arrested. Now I think I understand. When something upsets you, scream and cry like a baby.

Thanks for the clarification.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

ML@Coyote wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:I don't remember the last time Democrats withheld hundreds of thousands of pages of key documents from a nominee's White House tenure and then released 1/8 of those at 4 am the night of the hearing in an attempt to ram through a blatantly partisan nominee who also believes in an imperial presidency.

So that's why these idiots shout and interrupt and get arrested.
You obviously haven't been paying attention. Try following the new coverage.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Not that it would make any difference, but there are a few issues like unprecedented claims of executive privilege on 10s of thousands of pages of relevant documents that are supposed to be publicly available, then a document dump at 11:00 p.m. the night before the hearing, with the claim that "well we had time to review them why are you so slow?"

What's there to hide if this is such an exemplary candidate for the job, especially when the same people forced Garland to wait for months, and then never held a hearing?

ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Mikey wrote:
ML@Coyote wrote:

So that's why these idiots shout and interrupt and get arrested.
You obviously haven't been paying attention. Try following the new coverage.
You lost me.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

ML@Coyote wrote:

So that's why these idiots shout and interrupt and get arrested. Now I think I understand. When something upsets you, scream and cry like a baby.

Thanks for the clarification.
I guess you're in the camp with Trump that protest shouldn't be allowed, and that freedom of speech should only apply corporate political donations.

America is still free, and the people will be heard

Democracy isn't always comfortable.
Why do you hate America?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

ML@Coyote wrote:
You lost me.
Should have been NEWS coverage. But I guess you're to thick to have figured that out for yourself.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

From my earlier link...
Violent protest is never acceptable, and the best protest — the kind registered at the polls — hopefully will occur in November. The popular fury at the Kavanaugh hearing is irritating and inconvenient. But it is also entirely American — and fully justified:

● One party in an evenly divided government refused for almost 10 months to seat a Supreme Court nominee of the other party, then changed the rules to push through two nominees from a president of their own party.

● The power play is being executed by a minority government — a legislative caucus and a president elected despite losing the popular vote — seeking to sustain its minority power with a Supreme Court that shields Republicans from the popular will with rulings on voting rights, gerrymandering and campaign finance.

● The party in power is withholding documents about the nominee and hiding others by unilaterally declaring them “confidential.”

● There are persistent indications that the president may have been shopping for a friendly judge in case his legal troubles come before the court. (Curiously, Sen. John Cornyn, a Republican from Texas, has twice praised Kavanaugh’s help on a Supreme Court case that Cornyn argued with Jay Sekulow — now Trump’s lawyer in the Russia probe.)
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Thanks. You did a good job answering my question.

I'll think about it.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Killian wrote: Honest question: What is the worst thing that could happen if Kavanaugh is confirmed and the court takes on a conservative majority (assuming he isn't the swing vote that Kennedy was)?
Imperial presidency. Overturn Roe v Wade. Further destruction of worker rights and labor rights.

Did I get them all?
In order; No. So what? Very doubtful.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Killian

Post by Killian »

No, they just pass bills without reading them and then tell others that if you want to find out what is in said bill, you have to pass it to read it.

Another honest question; if all of those pages were made public, would it change anyone's mind on the left? On the right?

That would be a no in either case. I haven't searched through the threads, but I'm guessing you said not a peep about the "blatantly partisan" nominations of Kagan or Sotomayor? Calm down.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

ML@Coyote wrote:Thanks. You did a good job answering my question.

I'll think about it.
Can't ask for more than that. I doubt that anything the Democrats, or anybody else, can or will do will have any effect on Kavanaugh's confirmation to SCOTUS. But in this country we have a right to protest, to be heard without fear of our government, we have a right to whatever information is legally available without the party in power hiding it. Our government is not supposed to be run behind closed doors. Both parties are guilty of violating these tenets in one way or another, but that doesn't make it right.

One reason that it's important to have this information aired officially and publicly in the confirmation hearing is that the people will be aware of this judge's history and past writings, and he will be (supposedly) more inclined to be consistent in the decisions he makes in the future than if he were confirmed with no public hearing.

And anybody (Killian) with the attitude of "so what" should just move to Venezuela.
Last edited by Mikey on Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Killian

Post by Killian »

The "so what" was in specific response to the overturning of Roe v. Wade. In the absolute worst case scenario of that being overturned, it gets kicked back down to the states, where most of governing should happen. Abortion won't become illegal in the US as a whole and if you still want/need one, you can still get one. You might just have to travel to another state to do it.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:Abortion won't become illegal in the US as a whole and if you still want/need one, you can still get one. You might just have to travel to another state to do it.
How reassuring! Poor people will feel relieved.

Oh that's right, here's where Killtard and GOP tards tell poor people they should do a better job of not getting pregnant if they can't travel to another state for an abortion.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Mikey wrote:● One party in an evenly divided government refused for almost 10 months to seat a Supreme Court nominee of the other party, then changed the rules to push through two nominees from a president of their own party.

● The party in power is withholding documents about the nominee and hiding others by unilaterally declaring them “confidential.”
Two issues here; how exactly did Republicans change the rules when it was Harry Reid who invoked the nuclear option in 2013?

As for the second point, these documents were shown to the senators on the judiciary committee and "confidential" under executive privilege. This has been a precedent that has been around forever.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Killian wrote:Abortion won't become illegal in the US as a whole and if you still want/need one, you can still get one. You might just have to travel to another state to do it.
How reassuring! Poor people will feel relieved.

Oh that's right, here's where Killtard and GOP tards tell poor people they should do a better job of not getting pregnant if they can't travel to another state for an abortion.
They should do a better job of not getting pregnant if they can't afford it and not use abortion as a means of government subsidized birth control. That's already a thing, with the ability to get birth control pills and condoms for free and any local public health division.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:They should do a better job of not getting pregnant if they can't afford it and not use abortion as a means of government subsidized birth control.
Way to move the goalposts there, sport.
Killian

Post by Killian »

I don't think you know what that phrase means. When you attribute a statement to someone and that person corrects you, it's not moving the goal posts, idiot.

But your white flag is noted.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

It is dishonest to assume that all poor people use abortion solely as a means of government subsidized birth control. But you knew that, not like you gave a shit.

Unlike Kavanaugh, who thinks that hormone based birth control are abortion pills, you do know how birth control works, right? You were raised Catholic, so I'm guessing no.
Killian

Post by Killian »

What else is it, Fredo? Why else would they be using the option of abortion?

I know all about birth control, and know exactly how it works. Based on current medical opinions, Kavanaugh was wrong in making that statement.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Killian wrote:They should do a better job of not getting pregnant if they can't afford it and not use abortion as a means of government subsidized birth control. That's already a thing, with the ability to get birth control pills and condoms for free and any local public health division.
I agree with that. In these parts, Planned Parenthood hands out birth control. The GOP has done their best to shut down Planned Parenthood.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:What else is it, Fredo? Why else would they be using the option of abortion?
Are you fucking serious? Rape, for starters. Danger to the mother. Yes, nobody should be using abortion as government funded birth control. Can't even believe I have to make that statement.

You believe in sky wizards too, don't you?
Based on current medical opinions, Kavanaugh was wrong in making that statement.
Good. Very reassuring that you want this fucking asshat making medical decisions that can and will affect millions of Americans.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote: I agree with that. In these parts, Planned Parenthood hands out birth control. The GOP has done their best to shut down Planned Parenthood.
Nobody here believes women should be using abortion as a form of government-sponsored birth control. Only a dishonest tard like Killitard would make such a claim. This is right up there with Ronald Raygun's welfare queen blasts.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Okay Mikey, here’s my take on protests. You’re right, that protests are as American as Big Macs and Playboy centerfolds. I accept that. And I don’t think it’s a bad thing. Everyone has a right to protest to their heart’s content, and protests can make our country a better place to live.

But I think there’s a difference between protesting and disrupting the rights of others. For example, I think it’s wrong to protest against abortion clinics by humiliating women and badgering doctors and nurses, so long as they are acting within their legal rights.

People may disagree strongly with what’s going on in the world, but if they’re adults, they should realize that not everything goes their way. And if they really want to see changes, they should put their money where their mouths are and work within the system to cause real change.

I think allowing protesters to disrupt the rights of others invites the sort of chaos I’m not sure any of us would like to see become the norm. There is a reason why we should be civil and respectful of others. It works to all of our advantages.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Killian wrote:What else is it, Fredo? Why else would they be using the option of abortion?
Are you fucking serious? Rape, for starters. Danger to the mother. Yes, nobody should be using abortion as government funded birth control. Can't even believe I have to make that statement.
For all of us Fredo, why don't you go ahead and tell us how many abortions, per year, are done because either of those two scenarios.

Here's the answer: 1% of all abortions are done because of rape and/or incest. Less than 1% are done to save the life of the mother. That leaves over 98% of abortions that are being performed for reasons other than the two you put forth. So what are those 98+%?

Way to kick your own ass, stupid.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Killian wrote:They should do a better job of not getting pregnant if they can't afford it and not use abortion as a means of government subsidized birth control. That's already a thing, with the ability to get birth control pills and condoms for free and any local public health division.
I agree with that. In these parts, Planned Parenthood hands out birth control. The GOP has done their best to shut down Planned Parenthood.
Sure. If you remove the option to have an abortion at the abortion mill known as Planned Parenthood, there would be almost no calls to defund them.

In these parts, county health offices hand out birth control as well as condoms. So does Planned Parenthood.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote: Here's the answer: 1% of all abortions are done because of rape and/or incest. Less than 1% are done to save the life of the mother. That leaves over 98% of abortions that are being performed for reasons other than the two you put forth. So what are those 98+%?
That's a little different than your broad brush claim than poor people using abortion as taxpayer provided birth control. No form of birth control is 100 pct effective. The 98% of abortion users who aren't rape or incest aren't using it as taxpayer funded abortion.

You should be spending more time being outraged about Catholic pedo priests, sky wizard believer.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Killian wrote: Here's the answer: 1% of all abortions are done because of rape and/or incest. Less than 1% are done to save the life of the mother. That leaves over 98% of abortions that are being performed for reasons other than the two you put forth. So what are those 98+%?
That's a little different than your broad brush claim than poor people using abortion as taxpayer provided birth control. No form of birth control is 100 pct effective. The 98% of abortion users who aren't rape or incest aren't using it as taxpayer funded abortion.

You should be spending more time being outraged about Catholic pedo priests, sky wizard believer.
Screw_Michigan wrote:Way to move the goalposts there, sport.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And birth control, if taken correctly, is about 99.9% effective. Do the math on that one, Fredo. A condom clocks in at about 98%. In 2014, there were ~650k abortions performed. 13k were performed due to rape, incest or health of the mother. So 637,000 fall into this 0.1-1% range?

You are very, very dumb.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Personally, I think some abortion should be legal.

I also think that RvW is a pretty well thought out compromise. It does not ensure any abortion at any time for any reason.

That being said, it was a horrible decision, because it was the textbook example of the SCOTUS simply making shit up.

Had it not been passed, we'd still have legal abortion today in most places, with limits pretty close to what is already in place. And we could have saved 40+ years of political posturing BS.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

I'm all for abortion. In fact, I'd take it a step further. I think the law should allow a one year cooling off period so that moms are allowed to terminate their babies' lives anytime up until they turn one year old. This would give the mothers some time to see if they really want to have a child. If the kid proves to be too inconvenient, or expensive, or troublesome, then it could be humanely terminated and the mom would be off the hook before the baby grew up to become a real problem.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Killian wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Sure. If you remove the option to have an abortion at the abortion mill known as Planned Parenthood, there would be almost no calls to defund them.
Around these parts, when they shut down a Planned Parenthood location, the next option for a legal abortion might be 100-200 miles away.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

88 wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Around these parts, when they shut down a Planned Parenthood location, the next option for a legal abortion might be 100-200 miles away.
That's what the people running Auschwitz said when Treblinka closed. And the numbers they croaked pale by comparison to what Planned Parenthood has accomplished.
Planned Parenthood=Trblinka or Auschwitz?

Yeah, except for the fact that Treblinka and Aushwitz were killing actual human beings. Go fuck yourself.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:I would imagine that 80-90% if abortions come from liberals. I’ve never understood why conservatives don’t do everything in their power to promote abortions for this very reason. Let them kill themselves! Why would rational people want to stop that?
90% of the abortions on T1B come directly from your keyboard.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Do you have any first person examples of abortion being used as a form of birth control?