It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Re: WWLSD?

Post by Softball Bat »

Plane in fatal crash had part installed upside down

lol

A small private plane that crashed in May killing the pilot had a key part installed upside down and
backward after maintenance was done on the aircraft, according to a federal report obtained by
The Associated Press.

James Harper, 60, a pilot with American Airlines, died...

https://nypost.com/2021/06/05/plane-in- ... side-down/

Don't tell me my business, boy!
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Pretty sure I wouldn’t lol that.

Dude had maintenance done and that was the reason he died.

Sad story.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

the pilot had a key part installed upside down and backward

#bassackward
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Yeah numb nuts. He most likely didn’t install it. A mechanic is required for almost all repairs and those guys are supposed to have a ton of schooling.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

More mask wars.

:)

Old man got slapped with a left -- and also got spit on.

Damn!

Lefty wouldn't allow a situation to spiral so far out of control on his airliner.

Guess where "Karen" is going.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Well seeing as how Lefty doesn’t fly under Part 121, he doesn’t have to deal with mask mandates.

Some companies require masks for their corporate jets. 98% do not so it isn’t an issue I have to deal with.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

schmick wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:00 am
Mikey wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:13 pm Prolly had to lay off mechanics due to artificial minimum wages increase.
More likely the mechanics were sent home for not getting fauxines
Yeah, like there's a lot of auto repair shops with more than 100 employees....:meds:
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

What would Left Seater do if his aircraft had an unfortunate "water landing" in Tanzania?

Kudos to the natives here!
Tug-o-war that plane right up onto the shore.
RACK!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Softball Bat wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:03 pm What would Left Seater do if his aircraft had an unfortunate "water landing" in Tanzania?

Kudos to the natives here!
Tug-o-war that plane right up onto the shore.
RACK!
He would climb out of the plane & float to shore.

The locals would then push him back into the water to prevent him from stranding himself.
9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Nice, Diego!

Damn, the video is already gone?

I luv that tug-o-war action!

Oh well, fans, look it up yourself.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Crash and burn at a Dallas air show.

Lefty would never be in such a situation.

:shock:
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

I bet Leftyy has never crashed into a firetruck during takeoff.

In Peru, which is (allegedly) a shithole country...

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

The Dallas airshow report is in and it looks like the air boss sealed their fate when he order the bomber down the 1000 line and the fighter down the 500 foot line when they had been the other way around thus Chris Crossing their paths because there also wasn’t any altitude deconfliction given.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

Value Jet crashes (nose dives) @500mph into Everglades swamp.

"Flight 592 disappeared from radar at 2:13:42 PM, the exact time that it crashed. Eyewitnesses nearby watched as the plane banked sharply, rolled onto its side and nosedived into the Francis S. Taylor Wildlife Management Area in the Everglades, a few miles west of Miami, at a speed in excess of 507 miles per hour (441 kn; 816 km/h). Kubeck lost control of the plane less than 10 seconds before impact.

Officials from the FAA said the plane had just started playing the first in flight movie, Journey To The Center Of The Earth. The 2nd feature was to be Gator."
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

lol
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

A terrifying moment in mid-air!

Well, two terrifying moments, because a pilot had a medical emergency and -----> did not survive!

WWLSD?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

LSD would make me hallucinate.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

But you could throw a no hitter.....
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I love how so many perfect games and no hitters were while dude was juiced to the gills.

In the zone.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

Kierland wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:36 pm I love how so many perfect games and no hitters were while dude was juiced to the gills.

In the zone.
Which ones were those and how do you know? Modern era or earlier? I agree with your premise, my best life and career moves were done while in the zone. Or on the edge.

Did you do a Talley sheet or guess.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Meat Head wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:41 pm
Kierland wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:36 pm I love how so many perfect games and no hitters were while dude was juiced to the gills.

In the zone.
Which ones were those and how do you know? Modern era or earlier? I agree with your premise, my best life and career moves were done while in the zone. Or on the edge.

Did you do a Talley sheet or guess.
Dock Ellis, for one.

https://www.si.com/.amp/mlb/2017/06/12/ ... nniversary
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Hijack attempt!

Horizon Air was operating Alaska Airlines Flight 2059, which was flying from Everett, Washington, to San Francisco before it diverted and landed safely. Pilots regularly pick up jump seats in the cockpit to commute.

“The jump seat occupant unsuccessfully attempted to disrupt the operation of the engines,” Alaska Airlines said in a statement. “The Horizon Captain and First Officer quickly responded, engine power was not lost, and the crew secured the aircraft without incident.”

A recording of the incident from LiveATC appeared to show a pilot of the flight say that the person tried to shut the engines down...

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/23/alaska- ... ckpit.html

Perpetrator is charged with 83 counts of attempted murder.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

*WARNING*

Contains scenes some viewers may find distressing

Well, I assume the pilot got out and walked it off.
Just as Left Seater would do.
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

I assume Colonel Jessup would like to have a word.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The video title says:
Horrifying moment plane EXPLODES after crashing onto road in Chile
But I'm taking issue with that. Looks to me like it exploded BEFORE crashing onto the road.

...sayin'
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:57 pm *WARNING*

Contains scenes some viewers may find distressing

Well, I assume the pilot got out and walked it off.
Just as Left Seater would do.
Video doesn't show for me on three different browsers.

EDIT: I plugged the link into YouTube. Pretty gnarly crash there.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Rootbeer wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:17 pm I assume Colonel Jessup would like to have a word.

:smile:
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Carson wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:46 pmShit his pants?
He doesn't wear pants when he's flying, nor shoes or socks. I remember him posting some video of himself waltzing around half-dressed in an aeroplane, he's that at home in the air. I expect he's an excellent pilot.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

America’s safety at risk as FAA’s latest diversity push puts the woke mob at the controls

It might be time to stop flying those friendly skies, America: The FAA has gone all-in on DEI.

The agency charged with overseeing airlines, plane makers, airports and every other aspect of civil aviation in America has undertaken a diversity push meant to bring in workers whose inborn limitations make them plainly unsuitable for high-stakes, high-pressure roles.

The full list of disabilities targeted “for special emphasis in recruitment and hiring” includes “severe intellectual disability,” “psychiatric disability” and a whole host of other ailments.

You read that right: The severely intellectually disabled and the psychiatrically disabled (that’s a euphemism for crazy) will now be involved in making sure that planes don’t hit the ground or each other.

Worse still, the agency won’t even say which jobs these targeted hires will be doing, responding with opaque babble when pressed for comment on just where a severely intellectually disabled person fits into the overall org chart.

Given the recent Alaska Airlines almost-disaster due to a faulty plane from full-bore-woke Boeing and the troubling string of near-misses at US airports — to say nothing of the other issues plaguing air travel, from unruly passengers to cascading delays — the FAA needs to be pushing to hire only the best and brightest.

Not handing out pity gigs to check identity boxes.

That’s what this plainly is, by the way.

If a disabled candidate can do a given job — and many of them can! — there’s no reason they’d need a special, targeted program to get hired.

It’s why a shrill activist class, when anyone points out the obvious wrinkles of such a program, takes to X and TikTok to denounce them as ableist, sexist or worse — as happened to Elon Musk when he slammed Boeing for its safety failures.

These people have no argument beyond finger-pointing.

DEI pushes have deeply corroded America’s education system and played havoc with its financial markets.

In response, the private sector seems to be pulling back on DEI, but the feds still seem to be full speed ahead — unable even to realize that putting lefty orthodoxy before safety in the skies is utter madness.
E PLURIBUS PLURIBUS
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Seer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:49 am America’s safety at risk as FAA’s latest diversity push puts the woke mob at the controls

It might be time to stop flying those friendly skies, America: The FAA has gone all-in on DEI.

The agency charged with overseeing airlines, plane makers, airports and every other aspect of civil aviation in America has undertaken a diversity push meant to bring in workers whose inborn limitations make them plainly unsuitable for high-stakes, high-pressure roles.

The full list of disabilities targeted “for special emphasis in recruitment and hiring” includes “severe intellectual disability,” “psychiatric disability” and a whole host of other ailments.

You read that right: The severely intellectually disabled and the psychiatrically disabled (that’s a euphemism for crazy) will now be involved in making sure that planes don’t hit the ground or each other.

Worse still, the agency won’t even say which jobs these targeted hires will be doing, responding with opaque babble when pressed for comment on just where a severely intellectually disabled person fits into the overall org chart.

Given the recent Alaska Airlines almost-disaster due to a faulty plane from full-bore-woke Boeing and the troubling string of near-misses at US airports — to say nothing of the other issues plaguing air travel, from unruly passengers to cascading delays — the FAA needs to be pushing to hire only the best and brightest.

Not handing out pity gigs to check identity boxes.

That’s what this plainly is, by the way.

If a disabled candidate can do a given job — and many of them can! — there’s no reason they’d need a special, targeted program to get hired.

It’s why a shrill activist class, when anyone points out the obvious wrinkles of such a program, takes to X and TikTok to denounce them as ableist, sexist or worse — as happened to Elon Musk when he slammed Boeing for its safety failures.

These people have no argument beyond finger-pointing.

DEI pushes have deeply corroded America’s education system and played havoc with its financial markets.

In response, the private sector seems to be pulling back on DEI, but the feds still seem to be full speed ahead — unable even to realize that putting lefty orthodoxy before safety in the skies is utter madness.
Stop posting material you get from Stormfront errrr the WSJ editorial board.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Delta Introduces New Short Plane For Special-Needs Pilots

ATLANTA, GA — In what some industry insiders have described as a clear case of "one-upmanship," Delta Airlines has raised the diversity, equity, and inclusion bar even higher after introducing its new "short plane" specifically designed for special needs pilots.

With increased scrutiny of late on airlines implementing DEI policies among crucial flight crew positions, the Atlanta-based airline giant took the unprecedented step of creating an entirely new model of aircraft to accommodate pilots who are either physically or mentally incapable of operating a standard aircraft.

"This is a huge step forward for the retarded folk, er, I mean, the special needs community," said Delta Airlines CEO Ed Bastain. "Those who are mentally and physically handicapped are severely underrepresented on our teams that operate multi-million-dollar aircraft and hold countless lives in their hands. Thanks to our new aircraft, no disability is too significant to keep someone from flying for Delta!"

"What could go wrong?"

People with special needs worldwide celebrated the announcement as Delta's engineering team unveiled some of the features of the new aircraft. "This new ‘Air Shortbus A330' is specifically engineered to meet the special needs of our new flight crews," said aerospace engineer Douglas Blank. "Wider aisles, super-tall toilets with handrails, and even a full-time employee in the cockpit at all times to shout ‘PULL UP! PULL UP! TURN! TURN! TURN!' to help impaired pilots. It's got it all."

At publishing time, Delta had booked Joe Biden to serve as a flight attendant on the inaugural flight.

https://babylonbee.com/news/delta-intro ... eds-pilots
E PLURIBUS PLURIBUS
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:41 pm Stop posting material you get from…the WSJ editorial board.
Just to recap:

You’re fine with plagiarism/dishonesty/stealing others’ideas and words as one’s own.

Looting and vandalism is okay as long as it’s in support of minorities’.

Now we can add that you support unqualified persons being placed in jobs which impact public safety as long as those persons are minorities.

If I’m in error, please say so and I’ll have no problem apologizing. But that seems to be what you’ve posted.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:31 pm Just to recap:

You’re fine with plagiarism/dishonesty/stealing others’ideas and words as one’s own.

Looting and vandalism is okay as long as it’s in support of minorities’.

Now we can add that you support unqualified persons being placed in jobs which impact public safety as long as those persons are minorities.

If I’m in error, please say so and I’ll have no problem apologizing. But that seems to be what you’ve posted.
Seer can post nonsense from MAGA content farms and you take it at face value. Speaks volumes.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:44 pm Seer can post nonsense from MAGA content farms and you take it at face value. Speaks volumes.
It appears the policy has been in effect since at least Feb 2013.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/faa-s ... r-AA1mXm4b

The FAA’s website shows the agency’s guidelines on diversity hiring were last updated on March 23, 2022.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Just get the the duct tape out!

A Virgin Atlantic flight that was supposed to leave the UK never took off after passengers spotted a potential safety hazard ...
which makes up the nuts and bolts of this story.

Here's the deal ... last week, this VA plane that was due to depart from Manchester to New York -- but before it could even get
on the runway, eagle-eyed guests onboard noticed something was amiss on one of the wings outside, and they flagged it to the
staff...

https://www.tmz.com/2024/01/22/virgin-a ... ng-screws/

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Flew from Oklahoma City to San Antonio around 1978-79 on Frontier (I think). My first flight on a commercial plane. Got drunk before boarding because I was terrified of flying. I had hitchhiked to OKC to see an old girlfriend before my wedding and then needed to get to SA quickly in order to see another lady friend. Yeah, I did a pre-marriage tour of exes. Anyway, as I was boarding, I noticed rivets that were backing out of the fuselage. We took off right at sunset and storm clouds were rolling in. Talk about a nerve-wracking flight!
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Now we see that a flight from Austin, TX to North Carolina had to be diverted to Houston because -----> an oven caught fire!

https://www.tmz.com/2024/01/22/virgin-a ... ng-screws/

:smile:

Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

Sudden Sam wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:41 pm Got drunk before boarding because I was terrified of flying. I had hitchhiked to OKC to see an old girlfriend before my wedding and then needed to get to SA quickly in order to see another lady friend. Yeah, I did a pre-marriage tour of exes.
I move to change Sam's title to "Board Gigalo"

:bode:
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Meat Head wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:57 am
Sudden Sam wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:41 pm Got drunk before boarding because I was terrified of flying. I had hitchhiked to OKC to see an old girlfriend before my wedding and then needed to get to SA quickly in order to see another lady friend. Yeah, I did a pre-marriage tour of exes.
I move to change Sam's title to "Board Gigalo"

:bode:
:lol: