Trump/GOP bullshit

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Trump/GOP bullshit

Post by Goober McTuber »

Rather than have a different thread every day for Trump's most recent misstep or the GOP's latest Falsehood du Jour, feel free to dump it in here. Like the claim that the GOP tax plan will lead to much job creation.
CEOs may like the idea of a big tax cut for businesses, but that doesn't mean they'll use the savings to create American jobs.

Just 14% of CEOs surveyed by Yale University said their companies plan to make large, immediate capital investments in the United States if the tax overhaul passes. Capital investments, like building plants and upgrading equipment, can lead to hiring.

Only a slim majority of the CEOs, 55%, said the Republican tax package should be signed into law. The Yale CEO Summit surveyed 110 prominent business leaders of Fortune 500 and Fortune 50 companies last week.

The findings, along with other surveys, suggest that the tax plan may not have the dramatic impact on jobs that President Trump and Republicans in Congress have promised.

Trump tweeted over the weekend that "TAX CUTS" will lead to "higher growth, higher wages, and more JOBS!" The GOP tax overhaul would slash the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21% and offer incentives for companies to bring foreign profits back home.

Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, who leads the Yale CEO Summit, said in an interview that it's "astounding" how few companies plan to reinvest their tax savings.

He called the idea of a jobs boom from the tax plan "a lot of smoke and mirrors," especially because the unemployment rate is just 4.1% and companies already have plenty of cash to make investments.

Sonnenfeld declined to name the CEOs who participated in the poll. He said it included "Trump supporters" and former members of the president's now-defunct advisory councils of business leaders.

There are other signs that tax cuts may not spark a hiring boom. Just 43% of CEOs polled in November by the Business Roundtable, a powerful business lobby that has spent millions on ads championing tax reform, said they plan to ramp up hiring over the next six months. That was despite rising confidence that the Republican tax plan would be enacted.

And at The Wall Street Journal's CEO Council in November, only a few business leaders raised their hands when they were asked whether the tax plan would lead them to increase investment in the United States. Gary Cohn, Trump's top economic adviser, was surprised.

"Why aren't the other hands up?" he asked from on stage.

Wall Street expects companies will use a big chunk of the tax savings to reward shareholders with fatter dividends and stock buybacks, which makes stocks more attractive. That's one reason stocks have surged all year, putting the Dow in sight of 25,000.

"Markets just love it," Michael Block, chief market strategist at Rhino Trading Partners, wrote in a note on Tuesday.

He said it's "malarkey" to think that cutting corporate taxes will boost spending and wages.

"As we've seen in history, this doesn't raise wages," he wrote. "What it does lead to is richer shareholders."

In 2004, when Congress offered tax breaks for companies to bring foreign profits back home, businesses used much of their cash on share buybacks.

The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities later concluded that the 2004 tax holiday "did not produce the promised economic benefits" because companies mostly bought back stock instead of investing to grow their businesses.

Trump tweeted on Tuesday that "stocks and the economy have a long way to go after the Tax Cut Bill is totally understood and appreciated." Specifically, he said "immediate expensing will have a big impact."

Trump was referring to an element of the legislation that would allow businesses to immediately and fully expense most new capital investments. The provision, which would end after five years, should encourage companies to shell out money on new plants and equipment.

JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon, who chairs the Business Roundtable, recently predicted that tax reform will "lead to capital expenditures, productivity and wages," though he cautioned it may take time for workers to benefit.

One concern among the CEOs polled by Yale: the price of the GOP tax overhaul. The Joint Committee on Taxation, a nonpartisan scorekeeper for tax bills, estimates the legislation would add about $1 trillion to deficits even after accounting for projected additional economic growth.

Seventy-two percent of CEOs said it's "wrong" for the tax package to sizably add to America's mountain of debt.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Moving Sale

Re: Trump/GOP bullshit

Post by Moving Sale »

You really are an idiot if you don't trust Rockefeller to not use kids for labor or fuck over the adults that work for him. He is a nice guy. He didn't get to where is by screwing people over. He is kind and LOVES to pay high wages. Who are we kidding he loves to pay the HIGHEST wages.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

This may be an opinion piece, but in the author's opinion, both sides have been guilty.
(CNN) — I am writing from Beijing, China, where forward-looking policies in infrastructure, technology and diplomacy have fueled rapid economic growth and even more remarkable technological advancement. By the mid-2020s, China will most likely lead the world in key technologies for low-carbon energy, robotics and advanced transportation, among other areas targeted in China's long-term development strategy.

In this context, the vacuity of US economic policy is especially poignant. President Donald Trump and Republican congressional leaders are rushing to spend a trillion dollars or more on unaffordable tax cuts for the richest Americans in a stunning monument to brainlessness.

The analyses by the Congressional Budget Office, the Joint Tax Committee and almost all independent experts come to the same conclusion. The tax cuts will have large effects on the budget deficit and negative effects for low-income Americans. The CBO has found that healthcare measures in the bill would reduce health coverage by 13 million Americans in 2027. The Joint Tax Committee has found that the growth effects are tiny and perhaps negative in the long term, once various short-term tax incentives are phased out and the public debt increases over time.

Does any of this matter to the President, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan and most Republican members of Congress? No. The mega-donors of the Republican Party, who pull the strings, will reap vast tax savings whether or not there is growth, huge deficits, soaring public debt or harm to the poor. Trump and family will win big, despite Trump's absurd claims to the contrary. This is a cabal that long ago gave up any interest for mainstream Americans, much less for the down and out.

What has happened to American democracy? It has gotten poisoned by partisanship and by big money, in both parties. In early 2009, President Barack Obama and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi designed a "stimulus" bill behind closed doors at the cost of almost $1 trillion. They claimed at the time, wrongly in my view, that hundreds of billions of dollars of hastily-designed transfer payments and other public outlays were necessary to save the country from a great depression. They passed that mega-spending bill without a single Republican vote in the House of Representatives. Paul Krugman assured us at the time, and for a long time after, that deficits in a recession don't matter (despite the fact that the debt would remain well after the downturn was over). Eight years later, the public debt is at 77% of GDP, up from around 39% at the time of the stimulus legislation.

Now the Republicans are doing the same thing -- passing a budget-busting bill without a single Democrat on their side, and before anybody has had a moment to read it. They will drive the government debt far higher, perhaps to 100% of GDP, since the current baseline is one of high and rising deficits over the coming decade. Their proposed legislation is far more noxious than the 2009 stimulus, since the tax cuts are designed to flow to the richest Americans, at a direct and immediate cost to poor Americans.

I'm amazed that we even had the last-minute reports by the Congressional Budget Office and the Joint Tax Committee, so determined were Trump and the Republicans to vote without any evidence at all. The President, for his part, has repeatedly smeared the CBO to discredit any honest non-partisan thinking in Washington.

Our political crisis is so dire that we will be lucky to avoid a nuclear war, much less a soaring budget deficit. The world looks on in fear and astonishment, with the overpowering sense that America has become a danger to itself and the world, shortsighted, deeply divided and unwilling to consider the common good.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Trump has been nominating federal judges at an unprecedented rate. Hey, they can't all be home runs.
Matthew Petersen, President Donald Trump's district court nominee who struggled to answer basic legal questions at his confirmation hearing last week, has withdrawn his nomination.

Petersen, who was up for a lifetime appointment on the US District Court for the District of Columbia, struggled to answer basic questions during an exchange with Sen. John Kennedy, a Louisiana Republican. The exchange went viral after Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, a Rhode Island Democrat, tweeted a link to the five-minute long exchange.

In a letter to Trump, Petersen said he is "no stranger to political realities" and did not wish to be a "continued distraction" to the President's or administration's work. He bemoaned his performance at his confirmation hearing, saying, "I had hoped that my nearly two decades of public service would carry more weight than my worst two minutes on television."

Petersen, who currently serves as a commissioner on the Federal Election Commission, was peppered with questions on how many depositions he had worked on, how many jury trials he had tried and the last time he had read the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.

His answers called into question his fitness for the job and Trump critics seized on the video as proof that the President is putting ideology ahead of qualifications.

Petersen acknowledged during the hearing that his "background was not in litigation," even though he was up for a judgeship.

"I understand the challenge that would be ahead of me if I were fortunate enough to become a district court judge," he said.

Kennedy told CNN after the hearing that he hoped Petersen's nomination would be withdrawn.

"I'm hoping the White House will pull down Mr. Petersen," Kennedy said. "I don't wanna see him suffer."

He added: "I think he's whip smart, probably. But you can't just walk into a federal courthouse for the very first time and say 'Here I am, I think I wanna be a judge.' It just doesn't work that way."

The White House last week defended Peterson.

"Mr. Petersen has spent nearly a decade as a commissioner of an important federal agency overseeing its litigation on regulatory issues -- the very kinds of issues federal district court in DC decides," Hogan Gidley, a White House spokesman, said Friday. "It is no surprise the President's opponents keep trying to distract from the record-setting success the President has had on judicial nominations, which includes a Supreme Court justice and 12 outstanding circuit judges in his first year."

The statement ignored the fact that Kennedy, a Republican whom backed Trump during his campaign, was the senator who led the charge against Petersen.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

But the tax bill is a "big victory" for Trump and his Congressional ball lickers.

After all it's really hard to pass anything when you controls both houses and the executive.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

:meds:

You can say whatever you want but today is a good day in the Seater household. The amount our business pays in taxes goes way down and our personal income taxes should go down as well. Meanwhile our property tax bill is still deductible, but any future growth won’t be.

Prolly time that States like CT, CA, MA, PA etc take a look at the taxes they are charging their residents and start talking about reforms in their own state. I never understood why those state taxes were deductible when we lived in the Northeast. Why didn’t residents of New Hampshire get a similar discount to what I got since I paid state taxes?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I'm thinking about quitting my job and re-casting myself as a free-lancer. Then I could incorporate and get that low tax rate.
Or just move to NM.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Now if you would just move to Nevada.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Goober McTuber wrote:Rather than have a different thread every day for Trump's most recent misstep or the GOP's latest Falsehood du Jour, feel free to dump it in here. Like the claim that the GOP tax plan will lead to much job creation.
The only better thing is that is all you knobs that are constantly pussy bleeding about Trump will just stay the fuck in this thread and never leave it and save the rest of us from reading your swill.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

schmick wrote:Getting Jerry Brown out of my pocket will be great.
I suppose it will give you time to pull your lips off Trump's cock.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote:
schmick wrote:Getting Jerry Brown out of my pocket will be great.
I suppose it will give you time to pull your lips off Trump's cock.
Channeling Screwy and Moving Parrot here ??
Derron
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

So 14% of those large companies will make capital expense investments as a result?

I would call that a good thing.

As for China running economic circles around us over the last few decades, there are a few reasons.

There is the fact they were starting from nothing, so there is only one way to go.

They have raped us on trade balance.

We have been nice enough to edumacate millions of them at our best schools.

And most importantly, they learned a lesson from the USSR. There are still the commie overlords overlooking nationwide political concerns, but under that, it is low tax, low reg, no holds barred capitalism. You remember that, right? It is what we practiced for the first century and a half or so of our existence. It is how we got to be the top dog.

As for some of the big CEOs not liking this, well, no shit. They are on top already. They like the crony capitalism system that exists. They know the game and have equipped themselves with armies of accountants and lawyers to work the system. Simplifying tax/regulatory restraints makes new competition more likely.

It really isn't rocket science to understand why those currently on top of the pile like the status quo.

As for SALT and mortgage deductions, I say do away with every last bit of it. Why should the federal government subsidize high local taxes and private debt?

A mortgage on a business' property is a legit business expense. It should be treated as such, but someone mortgaging their private residence is a lifestyle choice. You wanna live in a really nice house and mortgage it to the hilt, good for you. But why should I subsidize it?

I think it is time to stop bullshitting around with make believe tax simplification. Remove all deductions with the possible exception of a child tax credit. And I would limit that to 3 kids. At 3 kids, you have done your duty to replace you and your spouse, with one left over to make up for folks like screwey who can't get laid have decided not to breed. If you wanna play Bobby Kennedy and have 9 drug addicts kids, go for it, but it shouldn't be subsidized.

I 'spose we could import the young from various 3rd world shitholes, but the trouble with that is, eventually you are a country of 3rd world immigrants. Now, go ahead and call me a racist, xenophobe POS, but I think that's a bad idea.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

The funny thing about the SALT and mortgage deduction cap is that it will most impact the exact people in the suburbs of Upstate New York who voted for Trump. A couple making $100,000 a year with a $150,000 house is not going to lose any deductions. But if you take income up to $200,000 a year and make the house worth 300K, then you're not going to get to deduct all of that. So once again Trump supporters of upstate New York EAD.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Derron wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Rather than have a different thread every day for Trump's most recent misstep or the GOP's latest Falsehood du Jour, feel free to dump it in here. Like the claim that the GOP tax plan will lead to much job creation.
The only better thing is that is all you knobs that are constantly pussy bleeding about Trump will just stay the fuck in this thread and never leave it and save the rest of us from reading your swill.
And yet here you are sucking it all up. Idiot.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote: I've never seen so many people crying because other people don't have to hand over as much of their own cash to Guido.gov.
It's called living in a society you greedy selfish fuck.
bigredretard
Elwood

Post by bigredretard »

America wins! Thank you Trump!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Left Seater wrote::meds:

You can say whatever you want but today is a good day in the Seater household. The amount our business pays in taxes goes way down and our personal income taxes should go down as well. Meanwhile our property tax bill is still deductible, but any future growth won’t be.

Prolly time that States like CT, CA, MA, PA etc take a look at the taxes they are charging their residents and start talking about reforms in their own state. I never understood why those state taxes were deductible when we lived in the Northeast. Why didn’t residents of New Hampshire get a similar discount to what I got since I paid state taxes?
glad to hear you'll be doing well, but at what price do these cuts come? the replacement money has to come from somewhere and it isn't going to come from increased job growth......that "trickle down" economics has been tried three times and all three times was a cluster fuck....now the Reps are doing the same thing.....
the only place it can come from is cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security.....so while 13 million indigent families and kids will lose insurance, when they're dying they can find comfort in the fact that Bob Corker will be able to purchase that second or third home he's been dreaming of.....

the definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting different results.....
get out, get out while there's still time
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Moving Sale wrote:It's called living in a society you greedy selfish fuck.
Who's the more greedy?

The individual who wants to keep more of what she earned?

The individual who wants to keep more of what her neighbor earned?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Not to worry. The Republicans are in charge now.
As House Republicans spilled out of a closed-door meeting Wednesday night, it was clear that things hadn't gone well. Members gave wildly varying accounts of the proposal that's being cobbled together to keep the government open ahead of Friday's shutdown deadline.

Most importantly: Do they have the votes to pass a bill?

"I don't know," said Rep. Ryan Costello, R-Pennsylvania. "I don't think anyone knows."

By the dozens, members quickly shuffled to the House chamber for an unrelated vote. The leadership's whip team scurried about the floor, taking the temperature on a number of proposals to see which one could land them the coveted number of 218 votes.

Will the bill be a clean continuing resolution keeping the government open through January 19? Would a FISA extension be attached or separate? What about a CHIP extension? Would the disaster aid be separate? How much for defense spending?

"They have a kaleidoscope of different things going on," Costello said.

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy was seen having an intense exchange with members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus on the floor. Leadership is set to meet again Wednesday night.

One especially thorny issue tripping up the GOP leadership is whether to add a three-week extension of the surveillance program that collects intelligence on non-US citizens to the stopgap bill.

"We need to keep FISA off the bill," said Ohio's Rep. Jim Jordan, a key player in the House Freedom Caucus.

Rep. Steve Womack of Arkansas told reporters "there's obvious disagreement by particularly people on the defense side" with a short term spending bill but that leaders would continue to work to find a way forward.

Republicans who argue the military is suffering from a string of temporary funding fixes have said they've had enough of punting and want to give the Pentagon a full year budget. They're incensed the Senate won't accept their plan, arguing that standoffs with North Korea and tensions in the Middle East warrant putting a priority on military money.

A Republican member and leadership aide both confirmed that House Speaker Paul Ryan told members in the conference meeting Wednesday night that Secretary of Defense James Mattis supported a short-term continuing resolution with defense anomalies attached, but it wasn't clear that satisfied defense hawks.

Asked if he's confident the conference can muster the votes to avoid a shutdown, Womack said there wasn't much appetite to close the government. "I don't think that our conference, given the victory we've just taken on tax, will risk a shutdown."

Still, members expressed concerns about timing and sending something to the Senate that could pass before midnight Friday.

Republicans aren't expected to make any concessions to Democrats, meaning they need as many Republican votes as possible. But for every piece of the puzzle they resolve, there's a group of Republicans unhappy.

And if they don't come up with a Plan B?

"Uh, we'll be here," said Rep. Chris Collins of New York.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

L45B wrote:
Who's the more greedy?

The asshole who has 10mil and wants 11 while the guy with 10k is going to be stuck at 10k. You want to play economic warfare go right ahead. Let them eat cake!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

L45B wrote:
Who's the more greedy?

Oh reeeeeaaally???
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Moving Sale wrote:The asshole who has 10mil and wants 11 while the guy with 10k is going to be stuck at 10k. You want to play economic warfare go right ahead. Let them eat cake!
In your example, the two individuals had ~$11mm and $11,147, respectively, to start with before the assholes (government) stole from them.

I'd want my money back if I were either of them.

Whose money do you want?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

That is what I just said. You are a greedy fuck. It's one of the 7 deadly sins. You should look it up. And you can also look up what a society is and how they work.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Moving Sale wrote:That is what I just said. You are a greedy fuck. It's one of the 7 deadly sins. You should look it up. And you can also look up what a society is and how they work.
pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath and sloth

A proud (vain) look
A lying tongue.
Hands that shed innocent blood
A heart that deviseth wicked acts
Feet that be swift in running to mischief
A false witness that speaketh lies
He that soweth discord among brethren
You are hitting solid on at least 4 of these every day. I guess you would know and cracking on somebody else for one of them is cool.
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Derron wrote:
Says Mr. Cut and Paste. If you ever had an original take that was longer than a sentence that was not a cut and paste of some lying fucking liberal hack whos shoes you are licking all day long it would be a surprise to everyone.
Derron
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:
88 wrote: I've never seen so many people crying because other people don't have to hand over as much of their own cash to Guido.gov.
You can pay extra taxes if you want. Nothing stops you. In fact, if you libs think taxpaying is honorable, belly on up to the government and fill up its coffers with your own jack. Hell, I have a great idea. Since you libs really hate the idea of repealing estate taxes, you should just go ahead and change your wills to leave the bulk of your accumulated wealth to the government (you know, for the good of society and all) instead of your own families. That would be a perfect insurance policy against anything awful happening, like the repeal of estate taxes.
We get it. You have NO idea what a society is nor how they work. But by all means makes loads of money from the court system, which is funded (mostly) by taxes.
You are a fucking POS and this fiasco is on you.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

We get it. You want roads for free. You want to give money to war mongers and make me pay for it. You are as stupid as 88pedos. You want dead muslims for free. You are a POS. We get it.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Derron wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Derron wrote:The only better thing is that is all you knobs that are constantly pussy bleeding about Trump will just stay the fuck in this thread and never leave it and save the rest of us from reading your swill.
Says Mr. Cut and Paste. If you ever had an original take that was longer than a sentence that was not a cut and paste of some lying fucking liberal hack whos shoes you are licking all day long it would be a surprise to everyone.
And yet here you still are sucking it all up. Idiot.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
BTW, I cut and pasted this. But it was my original take, so I hope that's OK. Idiot.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

88 wrote:
Moving Sale wrote:
You can pay extra taxes if you want. Nothing stops you. In fact, if you libs think taxpaying is honorable, belly on up to the government and fill up its coffers with your own jack. Hell, I have a great idea. Since you libs really hate the idea of repealing estate taxes, you should just go ahead and change your wills to leave the bulk of your accumulated wealth to the government (you know, for the good of society and all) instead of your own families. That would be a perfect insurance policy against anything awful happening, like the repeal of estate taxes.
I happen to think any tax cut at this point is extremely irresponsible and totally unjustifiable.

Our governor is starting to crank up his re-election campaign. He is running on the premise that he eliminated our state property tax. Our property taxes fund local government, public K-12 schools, and technical colleges. Out of my $4,700 property tax bill, $35.36 went to the state last year. Gee, thanks Scooter.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

schmick wrote:This society where we all have collective responsibility is a fascist concept
Fake news
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

You really are an idiot. I never said a society needs taxes. I said you are in a society. That society happens to needs taxes to pimp all those things you love like war and welfare for billionaires. The only question is who will pay for what. You want 90% of people to pay for the top 10 on the off chance they are not robber barons, but then you are a fucking racist chickenhawked greed monster.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Oh you love war, you just won't admit it. All of your quotes and votes say you are a war monger. As for billionaires not getting welfare... :lol: :meds: :doh:

I know who pays the taxes you simple stupid fuck. I was talking about what you say you want. You want people keeping their money because they earned it. At least that is what you say you want. Only a fucking POS would pimp such a stupid proposition.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Felix wrote:
glad to hear you'll be doing well, but at what price do these cuts come? the replacement money has to come from somewhere and it isn't going to come from increased job growth......that "trickle down" economics has been tried three times and all three times was a cluster fuck....now the Reps are doing the same thing.....
the only place it can come from is cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security.....so while 13 million indigent families and kids will lose insurance, when they're dying they can find comfort in the fact that Bob Corker will be able to purchase that second or third home he's been dreaming of.....

the definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting different results.....

If these 13 million families truest are indigent then they will get Medicaid. Why have Obamacare and Medicaid if the are serving the same clients?

And yes Social Security should be eliminated today. I shouldn’t have to pay into a forced retirement account for you. Nor should I expect your grandkids to pay into a retirement account for me. Kill Social Security tomorrow. Yes I will lose the money I have paid in, but so be it.

As for second and third homes and indigent families, do you have any other apples and toilet comparisons you would like to make.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Stupid fuck.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Back to the original post in this thread, AT&T & Boeing apparently didn’t get the memo that they aren’t supposed to share the gains from the new tax plan with workers and or make capital investments.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/att-t ... 2017-12-20
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Fake news alert! AT&T had already worked out the bonuses with the union before the tax vote. Have you ever been right about anything?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Boeing white-collar workers’ bonus climbs 20 percent for 2016

Originally published January 27, 2017 at 12:06 pm Updated January 27, 2017 at 6:28 pm
After reporting solid financial results for 2016 earlier this week, Boeing says its white-collar workers will get bonuses 20 percent higher than last year. (Mike Siegel/The Seattle Times)
After reporting solid financial results for 2016 earlier this week, Boeing says its white-collar workers will get bonuses 20 percent higher than last year. (Mike Siegel/The Seattle Times)
Next month, Boeing will pay out $169.7 million in annual incentive bonuses to nonexecutive, white-collar employees in Washington state and $405 million companywide.

How big was the bonus package this year again Leftpedo? Oh yeah 300mil. 100 mil LESS than last year.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Moving Sale wrote:Fake news alert! AT&T had already worked out the bonuses with the union before the tax vote. Have you ever been right about anything?
I have been correct far more than you have. Further I back them up with links. You only bring childish insults.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Moving Sale wrote:Boeing white-collar workers’ bonus climbs 20 percent for 2016

Originally published January 27, 2017 at 12:06 pm Updated January 27, 2017 at 6:28 pm
Next month, Boeing will pay out $169.7 million in annual incentive bonuses to nonexecutive, white-collar employees in Washington state and $405 million companywide.

How big was the bonus package this year again Leftpedo? Oh yeah 300mil. 100 mil LESS than last year.
Poor liar fail. Dude uses a quote from Jan 2017. Never mind the tax package passed in Dec 2017. After which Boeing announced an additional $300 million in additional spend.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Right so we can go thru the process of you saying the link is from some rag you don't trust. :lol: :meds:
Yeah no thanks. Google it yourself asshole. You got conned by a Pedobear. Fucking pathetic.