Good Nite Sweet Prince

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Good Nite Sweet Prince

Post by The Big Pickle »

RIP - April 21, 2016

Salad Tosser is rolling over in his grave right now.
Tears times infinity
Purple Rain
Party Like it's 1999
Raspberry Beret :(
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Good Nite Sweet Prince

Post by Mikey »

That's just devastating news.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I guess yesterday was the day to party like it was 1999.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Today's sign that the Apocalypse is upon us: Pikkkle's saying something nice about a black person.

Not a big fan of his music, but I recognize that he was an underrated guitar player.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I just can't believe all the things people say
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Papa Willie wrote:

Not just a guitar player, but damned good on a lot of instruments.
I am a fan of his music....it's not everybodys cup of tea but I definitely am/was a fan...I saw him live in Portland Ore in 1997 and he was unbelievably talented both as a musician and a singer
get out, get out while there's still time
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Roach wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:And the word on the street is:

http://blindgossip.com/?p=77843
Speaking about dying of AIDS . . . Charlie Sheen's latest.

Prince did not penetrate my bubble very far. About a 15 on that scale. But rack him for being a star and creative genius. Apparently.
^^^^
This.

I guess he was a great talent but I was never a fan of his music. As far as guys who could play multiple instruments, I'll take the two Steve's over Prince - Wonder and Winwood.

Charlie Sheen would be another devastating loss, BTW.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Papa Willie wrote:He didn't look like he needed to lose much weight towards the end...
Why is Marsellus Wallace carrying his guitar?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:He didn't look like he needed to lose much weight towards the end...
Because he is pretty fucking far from "OK."
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

BSmack wrote:
Felix wrote:
Because he is pretty fucking far from "OK."
That'll Rack
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

(Is Madonna next?)
Before God was, I am
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

A damn fine guitarist, wasn't Hendrix his inspiration?
Go Bucs, Gators
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Check out the last 3 minutes or so with Prince doing his thing. If someone handed him a can of lighter fluid, I bet he'd have gone Hendrix on it.
Yes, Hendrix was an influence. Ever hear the ending of "Let's Go Crazy" and not think of Jimi?
Prince wrote a lot for others too, "Manic Monday" for the Bangles and "Stand Back" for Stevie Nicks come to mind.
RIP.
Last edited by Wolfman on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

The media are making it out like John Lennon and SRV just died in the same plane crash. Prince was ok but not even a pimple on David Bowies' ass.

RIP regardless.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Fucking Chyna died. Now that's devastating.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Image

(Is Madonna next?)

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

War Wagon wrote:The media are making it out like John Lennon and SRV just died in the same plane crash. Prince was ok but not even a pimple on David Bowies' ass.

RIP regardless.
Take your shallow RIP and shove it up your ass. I hate when shitbags like you turn these things into competitions. A once in generation musician died and all you can do is bitch and complain about your perceived boogeyman overhyping someone. Prince was a true bad ass, an incredible musician, a phenomenal songwriter and trail blazer.

Give him his due props, then go fuck yourself...after choking on a Piss Minus.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Screw_Michigan wrote: I hate
Yes, you do seem to be in a perpetual state of anxiety, agitation and are easily angered. You should tell your doctor about that, assuming you have a PCP that is. He could prescribe some meds you can't afford.

As for Prince and your misplaced adulation, here's a list of his greatest songs that would make a Top 500 list on Memorial Day weekend on whatever gay radio stations you have on your preset buttons:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Shit just keeps getting worse.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

War Wagon wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote: I hate
Yes, you do seem to be in a perpetual state of anxiety, agitation and are easily angered. You should tell your doctor about that, assuming you have a PCP that is. He could prescribe some meds you can't afford.

As for Prince and your misplaced adulation, here's a list of his greatest songs that would make a Top 500 list on Memorial Day weekend on whatever gay radio stations you have on your preset buttons:
I know this is the whole mellow Whitey and all, but the point of this sordid clambake is STILL to have a take and not suck, moron.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Screw_Michigan wrote: the point of this sordid clambake is STILL to have a take and not suck, moron.
As if I needed you to explain the "point" of logging in or mashing submit
Prince was a true bad ass, an incredible musician, a phenomenal songwriter and trail blazer.
Sorry to have to be the person who breaks this newsflash, but he wasn't all that exceptional other than he was a successful black dude living in 99% white Minnesota. Admit it, that's what really has your LGBT panties wet about Prince. You love "diversity" and never fail to lick your own inner asshole to promote it. Meanwhile, you lash out in a transparent attempt to force others to accept your perverted agenda.

It's not working. Not now, not ever. But keep fighting the good fight if that's what floats your boat. Just don't expect me to help row.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Ah, so THAT's what this is about. You didn't like his lifestyle, so you denigrate his contributions to music. Sorry I don't live my life in a perpetual state of bitterness like yourself. Here's to your daughter eating box.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

So a guy masters 20 or so instruments, produces and plays all the instruments on his major label debut, sells hundreds of millions of records and is call "the best guitarist on earth" by none other than Eric Fucking Clapton and Wags is like "no big deal."

Fucking ponderous

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

This sucks. Whether you like/dislike his music, there is no denying he was an amazing musician. And, yeah, Kanye being found alive, yet again is disappointing.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I guess he is now the Artist formerly known to have a pulse.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:So a guy masters 20 or so instruments, produces and plays all the instruments on his major label debut, sells hundreds of millions of records and is call "the best guitarist on earth" by none other than Eric Fucking Clapton and Wags is like "no big deal."

Fucking ponderous
Prince death story led off the CBS evening news while Bowie got like 3 minutes at the end with filler material.

Damn right it's ponderous and I don't care what color their skin was or which way their sexual preference leaned. Bowie was 10 times better and more influential than Prince. The ONLY fucking reason he gets more attention is the PC culture wars over which public restroom Screwey can use whilst changing his tampon after the sex change surgery backfired.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

I didn't see the CBS evening news to verify either dead musician's airtime. However, if your point is Bowie's death was a blip on the radar, you couldn't be more full of shit.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Kevin Smith needs to do a movie about the week he spent with Prince.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

War Wagon wrote:I don't care what color their skin was or which way their sexual preference leaned.
You lying hypocrite. What a sad, pathetic, hateful life you live.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:http://www.alligator.com/news/index.cfm ... 1%2C-2016/

This sucks worse than Prince dying.
Who gives a fuck?

Sin,

Whitey
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Just wait until the bass player from 38 Special dies. Shits gonna get real.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

War Wagon wrote:The media are making it out like John Lennon and SRV just died in the same plane crash. Prince was ok but not even a pimple on David Bowies' ass.

RIP regardless.
WTF?????

David Bowie himself, worms infested and all, would come up out of his grave if he could and pimp slap your pussy ass for saying that.

1. How many Bowie songs hit #1, or albums reach #1? Everyone on this damn board except your stupid ass could recite 5 Prince songs without thinking. Without Google most would struggle with 2 if you think of David Bowie.
2. I am a Bowie fan but I am not a dumb retarded ass like you who don't know shit about music. A lot of people on here are indifferent to him but they know because everyone except you, have some sort of intelligence, recognizes a musical genius. Speaking of which...
3. Can Bowie play 26 instruments and sing many octaves like Prince? Everyone knows that except your stupid ass, he can and fluently. Also.....
4. Did the great David Bowie wrote music and help careers of a lot of singers and groups....Hell no.

Take your stupid ass back to school, War, you piece of shit.

And Pickle. Props to you for your understanding....and rack you.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

War Wagon wrote:Bowie was 10 times better and more influential than Prince. The ONLY fucking reason he gets more attention is the PC culture wars
You really don't know much about music do you?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

LONDON (CNNMoney) - Here's another lesson in the risks of social media marketing.

Cheerios maker General Mills was forced to delete a Twitter tribute to Prince, after the singer's fans slammed the company and called the tweet tasteless.

Prince Rogers Nelson, known simply as Prince, died Thursday. He was found unresponsive in an elevator at his studios in Chanhassen, Minnesota. He was 57 years old and his death came as a shock to his fans.

Cheerios tweeted a purple "Rest in peace" sign with a cheerio in place of the dot above the letter i. It tagged the tweet with #prince.

A storm of angry comments followed immediately, forcing the Minnesota-based company to take the Tweet down.

General Mills said it wanted to "acknowledge the loss of a musical legend in its hometown."

"But we quickly decided that we didn't want the tweet to be misinterpreted, and removed it out of respect for Prince and those mourning," the company said in a statement emailed to CNNMoney.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wonder if he'll have a Little Red Cask-et.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Jsc810 wrote:
BSmack wrote:is call "the best guitarist on earth" by none other than Eric Fucking Clapton
Holyshit. I knew the dude was respected amongst his peers, but didn't realize that Clapton said that.
Urban legend.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Jsc810 wrote:
BSmack wrote:is call "the best guitarist on earth" by none other than Eric Fucking Clapton
Holyshit. I knew the dude was respected amongst his peers, but didn't realize that Clapton said that.
Apparently not that exact quote. But he was a fan. Here's an appearance of E.C.'s on Desert Island Discs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p009mdm4

If you don't have time to listen, note the album listed as "Castaway's Favourite" at the bottom of the page.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Felix wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Bowie was 10 times better and more influential than Prince. The ONLY fucking reason he gets more attention is the PC culture wars
You really don't know much about music do you?
All Wags really knows about is sporadically working, complaining and priding himself on his own ignorance. He's pretty much a niqqer at this point.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:Urban legend.
Kind of like your sense of humor.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Mikey wrote:Urban legend.
Kind of like your sense of humor.
Haven't heard that one. You mean somebody out there is claiming that I have a sense of humor?