A thread for things that don't warrant their own thread

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: A thread for things that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:27 pm
Mikey wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:24 pm I just got scheduled to have my prostate irradiated
JEEZITH?!?

I expect it to go something like this:

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Jsc810 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:20 am Y'all want to know how to make a jambalaya?

Does it have gator in it?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

JPGettysburg wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:17 pm
Sven Golly wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:02 pm
Mikey wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:04 pm Rising PSA can lead to a biopsy, which is the only way to determine if there’s actually any cancer. My first, three years ago, showed a small amount of early stage, low aggressive cancer so we’ve just been watching it. The most recent one showed a small amount of “high risk” cells so all the red flags went up and I have to treat it. Most men will probably have PC at some point, and may never know it because it moves very slowly and most will die of something else before the cancer gets you. There are no symptoms until it metastasizes and, by then, you’re fucked. You have to catch it early.
PSA is very important, but can lead to false positives, as I discovered.

Mine went over 5.0 five years ago after having been lower than 2 for years. I sensed something afoot so I had the doc order another lab before succumbing to a biopsy.

Just as I thought, it was below 2 again, and has been since.
What caused the PSA to go down? It wasn't the biopsy.
My PSA was 3.5, so I had an MRI. Then had the biopsy.
But the PSA doesn't go down unless you have a procedure to increase the urine flow by widening.
When the prostate is enlarged, it makes the flow less strong.
There are several factors that can lead to a false positive PSA.

Inflammation of the prostate or having sex (or in Kierland's case, flogging the dolphin :lol: ) too close to the test can give an abnormally high reading.

Also, inaccurate test results, or some dufus at the lab switching results by accident.

Given my profession in the statistics world, I always question such a high variability in a health test in a short period of time.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:25 pm
Jsc810 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:20 am Y'all want to know how to make a jambalaya?

Does it have gator in it?
What do you care? You can't make it in your toaster oven anyway.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Ah, if only we did things this way...

The New Zealand prime minister, Jacinda Ardern, has said she is resigning, in an unexpected announcement that came as she confirmed a national election for October.

At the party’s annual caucus meeting on Thursday, Ardern said she “no longer had enough in the tank” to do the job. “It’s time,” she added.

Joe could bow out early, go ahead and retire to his CCP-provided home in China, and the country could survive...possibly.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Yeah what about the Dems.

Every
Single
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

JPGettysburg wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:26 pm
Sven Golly wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:16 pm
JPGettysburg wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:17 pm

What caused the PSA to go down? It wasn't the biopsy.
My PSA was 3.5, so I had an MRI. Then had the biopsy.
But the PSA doesn't go down unless you have a procedure to increase the urine flow by widening.
When the prostate is enlarged, it makes the flow less strong.
There are several factors that can lead to a false positive PSA.

Inflammation of the prostate or having sex (or in Kierland's case, flogging the dolphin :lol: ) too close to the test can give an abnormally high reading.

Also, inaccurate test results, or some dufus at the lab switching results by accident.

Given my profession in the statistics world, I always question such a high variability in a health test in a short period of time.
Is that accurate? Excessive masturbation causes higher PSA levels?
Yep, it's one of the factors that can cause an inaccurate PSA test.

Before having a PSA test, men should not have ejaculated during the previous 48 hours. Semen released during sexual activity can cause PSA levels to rise temporarily, which may affect the test results. For the same reason, before having a PSA test men should not have: exercised vigorously in the previous 48 hours.

I actually tagged the wife right before my annual physical, so that may have explained it.

My PCP directed me to a urologist immediately upon getting my results.

I did research and decided to hold the phone on the biopsy and got another test, which turned out to be in normal range.

Who knew? I guess the lesson is to have blue balls before your next PSA test. :x
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Yes politically correct, like you can’t call the cops assholes, you must respect the military and not speak ill of them, you will believe 19dudes did 9-11 or you will feel our vengeance, no gays or even talking about them, and you can’t talk about black history either or we will cancel your class. Black guy in a movie? You’re woke and canceled. Pink hair? Fuck off! And hands off my potato head you sick lidtatd fuck!!
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You are demented.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

black cock
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

IKYABWAI

Outstanding!
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

And Totally predictable. Like pushing buttons on a juke box.

Dance, boy.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Shell corp made 40bil last year.
That’s $500,000 per employee.
$250/hr/employee.

Ain’t late stage capitalism wonderful?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kierland wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:04 am Shell corp made 40bil last year.
That’s $500,000 per employee.
$250/hr/employee.

Ain’t late stage capitalism wonderful?
It was all Joe Biden's fault

Sincerely,
Booger Eater
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

That sounds like something someone in a cult would say.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Good god. Came inside a while ago and this Pro Bowl abortion garbage is on. Total crap halftime. San Fran cheerleader has GOT to be a guy. Hideous. Ain’t believing that stadium is full. WTF?! Is there nothing else to do in Vegas?!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

:shock:
Corona?

:shock:

That’s Schmuck’s neighborhood. I’m guessing about 50/50 it was him.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

OTST
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Booger wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:22 pm Good god. Came inside a while ago and this Pro Bowl abortion garbage is on. Total crap halftime. San Fran cheerleader has GOT to be a guy. Hideous. Ain’t believing that stadium is full. WTF?! Is there nothing else to do in Vegas?!
Turrible.

The Pro Bowl, the MLB All-Star Game, and the NBA All-Star Game have all been ruined beyond repair.

Sad, sad, sad.

Once-upon-a-time players used to compete hard in those games.

Now they are clown shows.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You can at least partially thank Pete Rose and his ultra macho stance on exhibition games for that.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

Pete Rose and Jimmy connors are two closet fag tough guys
Jimmy maybe rides his racket handle.

Pete no fucking way. Most fags jam their dicks down 2nd basemen's throats, not their cleats. Your sexual insecurity is showing again.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Schmick is a kneegrow?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

He’s your BFF, you tell us.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Jsc810 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:04 pm Image

Cookies and a king cake for the doc and nurses for today's epidural. Thank G0D for the NeuroMedical Center.
Question Jsc:

How long do the epidurals give you relief? I tried them leading up to my double lumbar fusion/laminectomy a few years ago, and they'd give me 2 weeks relief at best. My pain is back and wondering if I should try them again.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Is there one single one of you stupid fucks that ISN’T falling apart?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

No one cares.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Thanks Dr. Obvious.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Jsc810 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:36 pm
Sven Golly wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:10 pm Question Jsc:

How long do the epidurals give you relief? I tried them leading up to my double lumbar fusion/laminectomy a few years ago, and they'd give me 2 weeks relief at best. My pain is back and wondering if I should try them again.
Just waking up from post anesthesia nap. I've been having these epidurals for a long time, every 3 months for over 20 years I think. For me, they make the difference between total disability and being able to work and live.

Not trying to be dramatic there, but yes that is literally true. I've had three major back surgeries and am fused from my tailbone to the level of my sternum, there is a lot of hardware in my back. And significant for pain, I have permanent nerve damage (which was further damaged in the 3rd surgery).

So my life goes in 3 month cycles. I'll get an epidural and it works great for about a month, I won't take many pain pills in that month. The 2nd month still is decent in terms of pain relief but the effect starts to wear off. By the 3rd month, I'm remembering why I do the epidurals, the pain gets nasty and shooting down my legs, and I'm taking pain meds often. And without the epidurals it would get worse, pain so bad that I throw up and really can't function. At that point, percocets don't come close to helping, honestly the only thing that helps is IV dilaudid, and then an epidural asap.

All of this is case specific, what works for me may not work for you and vice versa. For example, many (most?) people find improvement with radio frequency ablation, a process similar to microwaving bacon, which is designed to interrupt the pain signal going to your brain. Alas, it didn't do squat for me. So too with epidurals. I've heard of the entire range of results. Some people get one and it knocks out the pain forever. Some have to get recurring epidurals. Some people it doesn't help at all.

If you hurt, tell them. There is no reason to endure pain. There are many different procedures and meds they can try, so keep trying until y'all find something that works.
Damn, that's a lot of hardware! I feel for you. Back pain is no joke.

My surgeon told me eventually I'll need cervical work. My hands get numb easily, but I put in the tack in that one until I got the lumbar in tow.

Nothing seemed to help me before I had the surgery except alcohol. Tried gabapentin and oxy before that - nada.

Couldn't continue on with draining beers every night to ease the pain. That wasn't a good path.

Muscle relaxers help, but I only use them at night, as they make me really drowsy and dizzy.

Maybe I'll give the epi's another whirl.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Just waking up from post anesthesia nap. I've been having these epidurals for a long time, every 3 months for over 20 years I think. For me, they make the difference between total disability and being able to work and live.

Not trying to be dramatic there, but yes that is literally true. I've had three major back surgeries and am fused from my tailbone to the level of my sternum, there is a lot of hardware in my back. And significant for pain, I have permanent nerve damage (which was further damaged in the 3rd surgery).

So my life goes in 3 month cycles. I'll get an epidural and it works great for about a month, I won't take many pain pills in that month. The 2nd month still is decent in terms of pain relief but the effect starts to wear off. By the 3rd month, I'm remembering why I do the epidurals, the pain gets nasty and shooting down my legs, and I'm taking pain meds often. And without the epidurals it would get worse, pain so bad that I throw up and really can't function. At that point, percocets don't come close to helping, honestly the only thing that helps is IV dilaudid, and then an epidural asap.

All of this is case specific, what works for me may not work for you and vice versa. For example, many (most?) people find improvement with radio frequency ablation, a process similar to microwaving bacon, which is designed to interrupt the pain signal going to your brain. Alas, it didn't do squat for me. So too with epidurals. I've heard of the entire range of results. Some people get one and it knocks out the pain forever. Some have to get recurring epidurals. Some people it doesn't help at all.

If you hurt, tell them. There is no reason to endure pain. There are many different procedures and meds they can try, so keep trying until y'all find something that works.
That really sucks. They use a general anesthesia for your epidurals? I’ve been having some severe lower back pain since about August. Did six weeks of PT that didn’t help much and then had an epidural in the L5S1 joint in December. It helped a little but still having pain going down my right leg. I’m having a second one next week that had to be postponed for the other shit I was doing. They only use a local for mine though. I hope yours brings you some good relief.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Mikey wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:47 pm

That really sucks. They use a general anesthesia for your epidurals? I’ve been having some severe lower back pain since about August. Did six weeks of PT that didn’t help much and then had an epidural in the L5S1 joint in December. It helped a little but still having pain going down my right leg. I’m having a second one next week that had to be postponed for the other shit I was doing. They only use a local for mine though. I hope yours brings you some good relief.
Same deal with me. Only a local each time. PT never did shit for me either.

It's almost a full time job managing the pain.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Glad you had the option for general. With the local, a couple of times I felt the very uncomfortable sensation of the steroid, or whatever the hell it was, going down my legs. Kind of an "electrical pressure" feeling.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Nikki Haley was born Nimarata Nikki Randhawa.

Nimarata :lol:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kierland wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:50 pm Nikki Haley was born Nimarata Nikki Randhawa.

"Nimrod Nikki." Wonder if Dump knows this?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Yes what about some other person.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:14 pm
Kierland wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:50 pm Nikki Haley was born Nimarata Nikki Randhawa.

And we all know how much Queerland really hates racism. Ponderous to say the least.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Roll back to the tomato thread you yellow traitor.

Dick Trickle is also a funny name you reaching tard.