Christmas Dinner

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Christmas Dinner

Post by Mikey »

Plans?

Tonight, after Mass, we're going back to the place we've had Christmas Eve three or four times in the past several years. Five course prix fixe dinner.

http://vincentsongrand.com/2014/events/ ... -eve-2014/

They have a great wine list but I'll be taking a couple of bottles from my pantry that I've been saving for a special occasion:

http://www.hallwines.com/2010-hall-kath ... .VJs7asAKA
http://www.hallwines.com/shop-cabernet- ... .VJtsRsAKA

For tomorrow I have a four bone prime standing rib roast, which I'll roast with some red potatoes, carrots and onions. Asparagus on the side and a spinach salad with crispy prosciutto, pecans and a warm mustard balsamic vinaigrette. Might post some pictures as I go, if I'm sober enough to remember.

Dessert will be spumoni with chocolate sauce and port.

Merry Christmas everybody!!
mvscal
Blank

Re: Christmas Dinner

Post by mvscal »

Nothing fancy. I cooked on Christmas Eve, too. We had ham, twice baked potato casserole, schnitzel beans with homemade bacon, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie cheesecake for dessert.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

We had roughly 20 of my Italian in-laws over Christmas Eve. Caesar salad, lasagna and garlic bread. And much red wine.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I cooked but had my boys help me a lot because I have a pinched nerve or something in my lower back.

We had a butterball turkey breast, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn casserole, harvest salad (arugula, pear, pecans, dried cranberries, vinegarette, feta) and berry (cherry, blackberry, blueberry) pie.

I normally don't do turkey on Christmas, but was just in the mood. I also made a cinnamon roll casserole crockpot thing, I liked it, but the family just thought it was "ok."
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

trev wrote:I cooked but had my boys help me a lot because I have a pinched nerve or something in my lower back.
Sounds like that reality show is progressing nicely.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:We had roughly 20 of my Italian in-laws over Christmas Eve. Caesar salad, lasagna and garlic bread. And much red wine.
Your OL is siciliana, isn't she?

As my sicilian grandma used to say, never call a sicilian an italian. They kill people for less.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote: Your OL is siciliana, isn't she?
She's obviously got a little Irish in her, at times.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Emphasis on the little.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I have a fairly large package. Maybe not as large as your girlfriend's, but still.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:I have a fairly large package. Maybe not as large as your girlfriend's, but still.
Nice IKYABWAI. Shitbag.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I have a fairly large package. Maybe not as large as your girlfriend's, but still.
Nice IKYABWAI. Shitbag.
You apparently don't even understand the concept of IKYABWAI. How does it feel to be too stupid to cut it in KC?

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

IKYGFDBWAI?

Fuck off, cunt.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

See, if I had just come back and said, "No, you have a little package," that would be IKYABWAI.

You make suckaholic look like Steven Hawking, but with slightly better motor skills.

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Pretty sure goobs has done an adequate job of proving his package is fairly substantial.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Thanks, trev. I'll have more pictures on the way soon. :wink:

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

trev wrote:Pretty sure goobs has done an adequate job of proving his package is fairly substantial.
Sounds like goobs made a socal trollstop.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.