Chicken cacciatore

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Chicken cacciatore

Post by smackaholic »

See lots of recipes for it. Most are fairly similar. I got a bag of fresh spinach in the fridge composter crisper drawer, that really ain't that fresh anymore. I'm thinking I should just toss it into the cacciatore recipe.

Good idear or what?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Chicken cacciatore

Post by smackaholic »

woops, thought I stuck this in mikey's forum. oh well, most of the tards in there would see it here first, anyway.

mods, go ahead and move it if you like.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:See lots of recipes for it. Most are fairly similar. I got a bag of fresh spinach in the fridge composter crisper drawer, that really ain't that fresh anymore. I'm thinking I should just toss it into the cacciatore recipe.

Good idear or what?
No.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Too late. Did it, anyhoo. Then I got carried away and chopped up some taters and threw them in. By that point I figured fukk it, it ain't really chicken cacciatore anymore and scoured the cabinet for more junk. In went a can of black beans.

If all came out pretty good and damn healthy, IMO.

I got about a 5 gallon bucket full of it. Looks like I know what I'll have for lunch a few days this week.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You made homemade split pea soup? Then you tossed it?

Rot in hell.

If it was anywhere close to as good as the stuff my gramps used to make, throwing it out should be classified as a felony.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:Too late. Did it, anyhoo. Then I got carried away and chopped up some taters and threw them in. By that point I figured fukk it, it ain't really chicken cacciatore anymore and scoured the cabinet for more junk. In went a can of black beans.

I got about a 5 gallon bucket full of it. Looks like I know what I'll have for lunch a few days this week.
Should have added some tuna and that large can of enchilada sauce that you bought back in August but never used.

Oh, and some prunes would go well too.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

smackaholic wrote:You made homemade split pea soup? Then you tossed it?

Rot in hell.

If it was anywhere close to as good as the stuff my gramps used to make, throwing it out should be classified as a felony.
Watched a "making of the exorcist" kind of show one time. When someone mentions split pea soup, I always think back to that show where they said they used split pea soup for this scene. Have not eaten it since.

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:
smackaholic wrote:Too late. Did it, anyhoo. Then I got carried away and chopped up some taters and threw them in. By that point I figured fukk it, it ain't really chicken cacciatore anymore and scoured the cabinet for more junk. In went a can of black beans.

Should have added some tuna and that large can of enchilada sauce that you bought back in August but never used.

No shit. I thought Wopatulis strictly involved booze.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:

Yeah, that sounds like the bomb. More like I'd sound like the bomb a few hours later.

How 'bout anchovies and a few over ripe bananas I got kicking around? Tired of making them into banana bread.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Yeah, that sounds like the bomb. More like I'd sound like the bomb a few hours later.

How 'bout anchovies and a few over ripe bananas I got kicking around? Tired of making them into banana bread.
Now you're talkin'...
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Chicken cacciatore....

I love making the stuff. I use white wine and capers in the sauce/gravy. I also use Basmati rice to spread it all over. I know if you don't constantly stir as your making the sauce/gravy....you can ruin the whole dish. How do you guys make it?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

tunafish, rotten bananas, prunes, old enchilada sauce (fresh doesn't work), chicken, tomatoes, garlic and a little basil.

Simmer on a low heat until the really bad tuna smell goes away.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Was going to start a new thread but found this old thing, so may as well just throw it in here.

Had a package of chicken thighs I needed to put to use and decided some sort of cacciatore dealio would work. Didn't wanna use the basic simple recipe where you dump it over pasta, as I am making some sort of an attempt to go easy on the carbs. so I found this on the interwebs.

http://www.panningtheglobe.com/2015/02/ ... -potatoes/

Didn't follow it to the tee (where's the fun in that). Didn't have capers. Did have some parsnips, and they're, like interchangeable, right? Well, anyhoo, I roasted the parsnips with the peppers/onions/carrots. Followed the rest of the recipe mostly. Didn't have a dry white wine, but had some grape juice reisling, and fukk it, it's white too.

Anyhoo, it was abso-fukking-lootly delicious. Afterwards I did google parsnips and found that they have roughly as many carbs as a krispy creme, so will probably loose them next time, but fukk, do they roast up nice!!!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Quick and easy recipe for chicken thighs.

Maybe not as fancy schmancy a chicken caccitore, but it's easier than shit and always tastes great.
(you can use if for drummies and breasts as well)

Pre-heat your oven to 400 deg.

Put your chicken parts in a glass baking dish, skin side up.

Season with s & p, Lawry's (my go-to) or any other seasoning mixture (has to have some salt) that you like.

Supplement the seasoning with a generous dosing of dried minced garlic (or garlic powder if you don't have the minced stuff).

Sprinkle on a thin layer of grated Kraft Parmesan cheese. Very important so use Kraft and only Kraft, as the real stuff (that you grate yourself) will just melt. Imitation Kraft is 50% wood shavings. Kraft will make a nice savory crust on top of the skin.

A little dash of paprika across the top for some color.

Bake four 1 hour exactly at 400 deg. Let it cool for a few minutes and put the pieces on a paper towel to soak up some of the grease and you're good to go.

We cook this at least twice a week. Good and cheap, and makes great leftovers.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Love chicken thighs. Much better than them dried out breastusus. Awesome in cacciatore or any other stew type dish.