Re: The cover thread

Post by EAP »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

boomer tech
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:50 am boomer tech
Finally figured it out. It's like when you first learned about whacking off.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Papa Willie wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:01 am I know some of y'all have probably seen me bitch about it before, but I just can't handle listening to Derek Trucks. Though his sound on this particular cut isn't too bad, most of the times it's a seriously shrill sound. Still - his constant "fretting out" drives me nuts. It's like "why play the fucking slide if you're going to hear the frets"? That's the first thing you learn NOT to do. However, the main thing that drives my ass up a tree is how he's always strumming his guitar between notes. Notice what he does with his thumb. Now after you notice that, notice how much he does. ALWAYS. I noticed it pretty early on, and I swear to god it's like somebody dragging their fingernails over a chalkboard when I hear it now. Just too much.

He's obviously got the tools, but he just needs to calm the fuck down on it. Listen to him, then compare it to Duane. Of course, Duane was writing a book every time he stuck a slide on, but it was just how incredibly smooth Duane was. Add to that, Duane's sound was just immaculate...
I see what you are saying about Trucks. Dude is playing his part and when he rests, he does "air rhythm guitar".

Dude, if you wanna play rhythm, play rhythm.

As for faulting him for not playing slide like Dwayne......that's really not fair. NOBODY plays slide like Dwayne.

My version of Derek Trucks (great guitarist that I don't like) is Steve Vai. Indisputable talent, but I just hate his tone.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.