Anybody see Blake Griffin...

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Anybody see Blake Griffin...

Post by Mikey »

...dunk on Kendrick Perkins last night?

The webosphere seems to be all atwitter about it, but my office has all videos blocked so I can't look at it.

Will definintely check it out when I get home.
Mikey

Re: Anybody see Blake Griffin...

Post by Mikey »

Thanks, I can see that.

The guy can definitely elevate.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Offensive foul.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Pretty sure they'll never call an OF if the defender leaves his feet attempting blocking the shot.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Griffin hammers the defender with his left arm. NBA is a totally shitty, unwatchable sport.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Satan Stern is the king of "doesn't get it." Started with MJ being untouchable, continued with Shaq.

Stern says "ratings are down, what will we do? I KNOW! Lets let the superstars do whatever they want so they score more!"

A little market research would show him what we all know -- people don't watch because of the horrible officiating.

Hey Stern -- do you find it odd that the mob got to (at least) one of your refs (rumored to be more), and no one noticed?

Like they're going to call offense on a guy who jumps over cars in TV commercials.

I still watch, but this crazy season is kinda weird. The home team wins just about every game -- my team included.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Goober McTuber wrote: NBA is a totally shitty, unwatchable sport.
As a whole, I agree with you but the 76ers are playing a really good style of basketball and beating a lot of good teams in the process.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Dinsdale wrote:
Like they're going to call offense on a guy who jumps over cars in TV commercials.
Or when the defender doesn't have position AND leaves his feet. :meds:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So as long as a guy leaves his feet, he's fair game? How about punching him... does that fly?

Speaking of sweet rules enforcement -- anyone catch the refs actually taking the game from the Blazers two nights ago? That was pretty sweet -- up 2 with a few seconds left, Durant on the break... out of nowhere, Aldridge comes from behind for an absolute textbook block. The ref on the opposite side of the court decided to blow goaltending anyway.

OT, eventual loss.

The league office has already officially apologized... but not so much as to properly award the win. Can't have the Blazers owning their poster child (should be 2-0 against the Thunder).

Watching rigged games kinda sucks.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Dinsdale wrote:So as long as a guy leaves his feet, he's fair game? How about punching him... does that fly?
Igoring that Perkins never established position before Griffin had his straight path, are we?

Perkins tried to make a play for the ball because he couldn't get in position to draw an offensive foul. Don't know why that is so hard to grasp.

Argue with me over interpretation of the rulebook if you must, but I'm dropping it. You're seem to be loving the dunk-hating white guy shtick and I am left to defend a ginger. I don't really like where either of us are going right now.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hard for me to tell whether Perkins had his position established from where that snippet of video begins, but it seems to me that NBA refs have all forgotten about The Principle of Verticality.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:it seems to me that NBA refs have all forgotten about The Principle of Verticality.

Oh contrare, monsware.

See how vertical The Black Ginger gets over the Kia in that commercial?

Are you so naive that you think the refereeing crew doesn't sit down and chart each starting player's total endorsement contracts before the game starts, so as to be able to properly mete out calls?

Don't be silly.

LeDouche's 14 steps to the basket with the forearm shimmy think you're just trolling here.
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

Josh Smith playing for the title. I thought not and I think never. Enjoy the 'moment' homeboy.