Jeebus, Cavs

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Jeebus, Cavs

Post by Dinsdale »

25 straight?

I think it's a ploy to draft another local guy with the lotto pick... sells tickets and stuff.

While it's disappointing that they're nowhere near on pace to break the overall futility record, 25 in a row is nothing to sneeze at.

Maybe they should take their talents to... the hardwood?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Jeebus, Cavs

Post by R-Jack »

Sudden Sam wrote:All is well in Cleveland now, due to the rigged NBA draft lottery.
And what, exactly, is the prize waiting at that top spot? There is no Patrick Ewing or Labron James in this crop. Believe me, the NBA has rigged it's fair share of lotterys, but a mid market team moving up a little to pick first in a soft draft class just doesn't scream "conspiracy" to me.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Irving seems to be the sexy hot pick. I think he's still unproven, but they don't pay me to scout.

Klay Thompson is shooting up the boards rapidly (Blazers need to trade up and get Mychal's kid).

As far as the lottery being rigged -- I use to buy into that possibilty... until I saw the unbridled pain on Stern's face when Portland (with it's 2% chance or some shit) and Seattle went 1/2 in the Oden/Durant year. That pretty much disspelled the "rigged" conspiracy.

If it was rigged, Sacramento would have got a higher pick (I forget what their ceiling was), to save the franchise and strongarm the city into an arena deal.

Is Sullinger staying? He'd be a great butts-in-the-seats guy to replace King Douche in Cleveland.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote: I think the Cavs get the 1st and 4th picks.

Watch out for the Cadavaliers in aout 3 years.

Blazers getting #2 and #7 (traded it for #6) in 2006 turned the franchise around... LaMarcus and BRoy (way to sign a guy with known-bad knees to a max deal).

BTW -- speaking of...

I saw a stat not too long ago about "clutch" players over the last 5 sesons. Clutch being a shot on the last posession to tie or win the game, based on percentage, and I believe there was a minimum # of attempts over 5 seasons.

If you'd asked me, I would have guessed D Wade or Kobe.

And I would have been wrong.

What was alarming to me in that st, was that it wasn't even freaking close. #1 was in a yacht race, with a few guys clumped up a country mile behind, vying for #2.

The runaway leader in clutch performance?

Brandon Roy, and again -- it wasn't even a close contest. Easily the best closer in the game. Hope we get plenty more of those jumping up and down in front of the TV moments (the 35 foot turnaround with .7 seconds left against te Rox was bigger than life -- maybe that's why the NBA ends almst evry promo commercial with it, 2.5 years later).