Tiger's back!

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Tiger's back!

Post by Goober McTuber »

15 shots back. He needs to sort out the driver. The rest of his game is looking somewhat solid. Hopefuly he puts everything together on the Senior tour.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Tiger's back!

Post by Dinsdale »

Bump
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

He finally put together four solid rounds in the same weekend. Good for him. At least it wasn't a major.

I was having a beer with my buddy Danno on Friday afternoon. Believe it or not, he's older that me, and unquestionably, wiser. We were talking about Tiger, and Danno's attitude towards Tiger has definitely softened. He says, "Goober, it's OK to stop hating on Tiger. The man has been humbled."

That thought stayed with me throughout the weekend. And by the end of day Sunday, I realized how totally right he was. Tiger is not the same arrogant, insufferable prick he once was. He seemed truly grateful for where he was, and what he had accomplished. He has indeed been humbled.

Dinsdale, there may yet be hope for you.

P.S. I wouldn't even mind seeing him win another major. Or two. At the most.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Tiger is not the same arrogant, insufferable prick he once was.
I'm curious -- what has he done in the past that makes you say that?

If you look at the once-in-a-generation sports figures, they're all arrogant -- the sense of entitlement is what makes them great. But compared to Michael Jordan, Serena Williams, Kobe Bryant, A-Rod... he can't hang with those assholes.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Tiger is not the same arrogant, insufferable prick he once was.
I'm curious -- what has he done in the past that makes you say that?
Just been Tiger.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Acting like a little bitch when things weren’t going right on the course is what most don’t like about him. You never saw it so long as his old man was standing there, because Tiger knew that pop would walk out onto the course and knock him into next week if he ever embarrassed him like that.

Anywhoooo, I am with goob’s extremely old and wise friend.

I think time and nearly a decade of sucking have provided him with a little attitude adjustment. I’m not yet back to cheering him like I did a generation ago, but I have at least put down my Tiger majors voodoo doll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Acting like a little bitch when things weren’t going right on the course is what most don’t like about him. You never saw it so long as his old man was standing there, because Tiger knew that pop would walk out onto the course and knock him into next week if he ever embarrassed him like that.
Let's just stop this bullshit about how great a human being Earl Woods was. Earl may have done that shit when Eldrick was young, but by the time the Big Cat got his fourth major, he had kicked the old man's handpicked advisors to the curb and Earl was spending more time locked up in his house with hot and cold running women then mentoring his son who was sick of his bullshit.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Tiger's back!

Post by smackaholic »

I never said Earl was any great human being, but he was a yyyuge golf nut from a time when you were expected to act classy on the golf course.

When Tiger was young I never saw him act up on the course. After the old man was gone is when you started seeing it.

Normally, people’s behavior gets better with age. Tiger’s got worse. I think the old man not being around was a factor.

Maybe there were other factors. How ‘bout you enlighten us as to what they may have been.

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:I never said Earl was any great human being, but he was a yyyuge golf nut from a time when you were expected to act classy on the golf course.

When Tiger was young I never saw him act up on the course. After the old man was gone is when you started seeing it.

Normally, people’s behavior gets better with age. Tiger’s got worse. I think the old man not being around was a factor.

Maybe there were other factors. How ‘bout you enlighten us as to what they may have been.

You should Google one-time Connecticut attorney John Merchant and how Earl used Merchant to finance Tiger's amateur career.

You didn't think that Earl could have supported that kind of be touring lifestyle on his pension?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

What does any of that have to do with Earl expecting him to act like a mature adult on the course?

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

So what? Brett Kavanaugh started fucking crying in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. You don't think he's humbled, do you?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Tiger's back!

Post by smackaholic »

Good lord you’re a fukking mess.

Brett and TGOF got over on you fukk....again. Get over it.

As to Kavanaugh’s being humbled, can you link me to actual real life examples of him being a bragadocious prick?

Last edited by smackaholic on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: As to Kavanaugh’s being humbled, can you link me to actual real life examples of him being a bragadocious prick?

His entire performance in front of the SJC, you god forsaken moron.

"Renate Alumni" etc
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
smackaholic wrote: As to Kavanaugh’s being humbled, can you link me to actual real life examples of him being a bragadocious prick?

His entire performance in front of the SJC, you god forsaken moron.

"Renate Alumni" etc
That was bragadocious?

You need to go look up the word.

A good bit of that witch trial he was pissed. Sometimes he was sad and sometimes he was quite reserved.

If I went through that, I’d have jumped over the table and pummeled Blumenthal. And that lousy old cunt DiFi should be expelled from the Senate for the shit she pulled.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

So now Tiger actually is back. 1 shot off.

It would be kind of nice see him make a run, get a few shots up and fall apart on the back nine on Sunday.

Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Good call smack...
Go Bucs, Gators
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

had the feline all the way...wish I was the dude who put $85k on him in vegas..
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

That was a great Masters Sunday. I don't care if you like Tiger or not, that was a great win not only for himself but for golf in general.
He'll never be the dominant player he once was, but now he knows he can win majors again and that will increase his self confidence as he goes into the other majors. The thing I found amazing yesterday was how his experience at Augusta showed up on the back nine. The shot on 12 was where he knew he had to hit it. Finau and Mollenari don't have as much experience and opted to go straight at it, and it cost them both. I didn't get what Molinari was doing when he laid up on the left side of 15. Even I know from over there, the margin for error is like zero. But those are the mistakes that Tiger avoided and that's why he won. Great to see him win and I think every pro out there was glad for him. He's much better liked by tour pros than he was before. Humility does some really weird things.
Oh and as an aside, I played my first round of the year on Friday and boy did I suck at the speed of light. Not even sure I broke 90 but it was close.
Going to be a long year.
get out, get out while there's still time