British Open Call It!

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

British Open Call It!

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

as always picks are due the Monday morning after (just getting it on the board since we have the time change and all)...

Winner
Dark Horse
Super Dark Horse

I am going to go with

some form of Euro Trash player

Kuchar dark horse

The Feline...if he doesn't have to hit driver...he may

discuss
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: British Open Call It!

Post by Goober McTuber »

Spieth.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Winner: The Auld Course is one of the few places that favors a bomber in the Open rota. I'm taking Bubba Watson to jump Swilcan Bridge in the General Lee on his way to his 3rd major.

That said, I hope Spieth can overcome the curse of winning the Quad Cities Open.

Dark Horse: Geoff Ogilvy showed signs of life at the first US Open to be hosted on the surface of the moon err Chambers Bay. Put him here.

Super Dark Horse: Tom Fucking Watson turns back time one more time to take his 6th Claret Jug
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:That said, I hope Spieth can overcome the curse of winning the Quad Cities Open.
You're being funny, right? I mean sort of funny.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Goober McTuber wrote:
BSmack wrote:That said, I hope Spieth can overcome the curse of winning the Quad Cities Open.
You're being funny, right? I mean sort of funny.
no it's a fact, nobody that's won the Quad Cities Open has ever gone on to win the British Open in the same year :)
favorite has got to be the Euros that play in that crap all the time....Justin Rose is playing about as good as he's ever played.....
Spieth is on a roll, but not sure he can handle the ever mounting pressure....
Dustin Johnson will be in it because of his length.....

dark horse-Martin Kaymer but his game has been kind of off this year....where better to find it than at St. Andrews.....

over/under on the number of times it takes a player two to get out of a bunker-25 some of those bunkers are so deep and so steep faced often times have to go sideways and that's not any picnic either.....the sand is for shit too....terrible consistency
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:Winner: The Auld Course is one of the few places that favors a bomber in the Open rota. I'm taking Bubba Watson
Rumor has it, the R&A is considering renaming the Tournament "Bubba's Owner."

You're really going with the guy who has never done a thing in bad weather, and works the ball more than anybody out there?

I see a MC in Bubba's near future.

How about Tom Watson over Sir Nicky in a playoff?

I'm tending towards the guy who won at The Home of Golf last time -- Louis.

Hard to bet against Spieth.

Justin Rose is always a threat.

Man, them's some vanilla picks.

Ultra Darkie -- The Cablanasian guy who has won at Saint Andrews a couple of times.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Ultra Darkie is.....now been up/down graded to super secret darkie.

On a rare day where the field is carving the joint up as opposed to it carving them, the thaicoon is getting prison raped by St Andy. +5 about half way around the track.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Tiger pulled it together on the back 9 and finished +4. He's not in last place, but there's always tomorrow.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Goober McTuber wrote:Tiger pulled it together on the back 9 and finished +4. He's not in last place, but there's always tomorrow.
he's fighting against himself and he's knocking himself down.....there should be a three knockdown rule
just painful watching him play now.....stubbing chips, misreading putts, pulling and pushing his driver, mishitting long irons. things he never did have become common place for him now....
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

If by "painful" you mean "heart-warming", well yes.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Goober McTuber wrote:If by "painful" you mean "heart-warming", well yes.
I never have and probably never will understand people who languish in the failings of others....I guess it's whatever floats your boat but celebrating El Tigre's continuing fall just seems weird to me......I mean what did he ever do to you to merit such hatred? did he bang some trim that had their tickets stamped for a one way trip to skeezerville? yep, but that had absolutely no effect on me......did his exwife get $400 mil? yep, and she deserved it....still, that's none of my business and not really my concern.....

but hey, if watching the demise of people makes you happy....well then I truly do feel sorry for you
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

There are probably a small handful of people whose misfortunes would amuse me. Tigger, Alec Baldwin, anyone named Kardashian, Scott Walker, Moving Sale...

With Tigger, it's just too much fun to watch his post-round pressers where he explains how close he's getting.

But in all honesty, I don't actually relish Tigger's failures to the level I pretend to. It's mostly for the benefit of the Tiger Ball Washers in here.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Goober McTuber wrote:It's mostly for the benefit of the Tiger Ball Washers in here.
I get it....I guess you could call me one of the guys that roots for he whose name shall not be spoken in this forum....I think it would be really tough to be him always under the spotlight, everybody watching every move the guy makes and then people are suddenly shocked when they find out he's human with just as many if not more foibles that we all possess.....but this is the life he chose and once Pandora's box has been opened, you can't close it.....if the guy was just a nicer guy, sign a few autographs and just be honest, it would take him a lot farther than the same old "I'm so close to being there" (wherever that is) and "I hit a lot of great shots out there if not for ________ (insert bone headed mistake) which we all know is bullshit

believe me, I get tired of the same spiel over and over....it's like he's recorded it and sends out his robot to do the interviews....
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:It's mostly for the benefit of the Tiger Ball Washers in here.
I get it....I guess you could call me one of the guys that roots for he whose name shall not be spoken in this forum....I think it would be really tough to be him always under the spotlight, everybody watching every move the guy makes and then people are suddenly shocked when they find out he's human with just as many if not more foibles that we all possess.....but this is the life he chose and once Pandora's box has been opened, you can't close it.....if the guy was just a nicer guy, sign a few autographs and just be honest, it would take him a lot farther than the same old "I'm so close to being there" (wherever that is) and "I hit a lot of great shots out there if not for ________ (insert bone headed mistake) which we all know is bullshit

believe me, I get tired of the same spiel over and over....it's like he's recorded it and sends out his robot to do the interviews....
Plenty of past superstar athletes went through the same shit. He handled it pretty well, so long as pops was on the scene. I suspect he knew his old man would kick his ass if he embarrassed him by being a little bitch. Once he was gone, he started going to shit. Kind of like Tyson and Cus D'amato.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

All Eldrick ever did was drive interest in the game we love to an all time high. If every pro who ever cashed a check should thank Walter Hagen, every mid level PGA pro who ever bought his own private jet should tip his hat to the man who made 10 million dollar purses and mammoth TV contracts a thing.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Felix wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:If by "painful" you mean "heart-warming", well yes.
I never have and probably never will understand people who languish in the failings of others....I guess it's whatever floats your boat but celebrating El Tigre's continuing fall just seems weird to me......I mean what did he ever do to you to merit such hatred? did he bang some trim that had their tickets stamped for a one way trip to skeezerville? yep, but that had absolutely no effect on me......did his exwife get $400 mil? yep, and she deserved it....still, that's none of my business and not really my concern.....

but hey, if watching the demise of people makes you happy....well then I truly do feel sorry for you
Tiger is a Grade-A, world-class jerkoff. What's so hard to understand about that? Ever heard the adage: Treat people well on your way up because you never know who you'll run into on your way down? Tiger didn't exactly heed that. He treated fans like this, he treated the press like shit, who didn't he treat like shit? Cross Tiger and he was making moves behind the scenes to make your life hell. Heaven forbid anyone question Tiger or ask a difficult question. There are plenty of people in golf, sport and life who aren't complete and total jerkoffs, they deserve our respect. Tiger deserves none of it. Fuck him and fuck you.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Felix wrote:but this is the life he chose and once Pandora's box has been opened, you can't close it.....if the guy was just a nicer guy, sign a few autographs and just be honest, it would take him a lot farther than the same old "I'm so close to being there" (wherever that is) and "I hit a lot of great shots out there if not for ________ (insert bone headed mistake) which we all know is bullshit
YES! You get it! About time.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BSmack wrote:All Eldrick ever did was drive interest in the game we love to an all time high. If every pro who ever cashed a check should thank Walter Hagen, every mid level PGA pro who ever bought his own private jet should tip his hat to the man who made 10 million dollar purses and mammoth TV contracts a thing.
Good for Tiger and good for golf. The sport will always have him to thank for that. Doesn't mean they can't kick him while he's down.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

OK, so he gets credit for producing more overpaid prima donnas?

Rack him, I guess. :?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:All Eldrick ever did was drive interest in the game we love to an all time high.
Yes, he created a whole bunch of Tiger Woods fans. Not golf fans. Like my mother-in-law. Big whoop.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Zach Johnson wins it. Praise Jesus.

Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Better then the Aussie or the Frenchie I guess...too bad Speith couldn't figure out a couple of more 5 footers.
Go Bucs, Gators
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Frenchie? What Frenchie?

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Took awhile...but I had Zach Johnson all the way
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

oops...South African... :oops: Had visions of Van De Velde I guess...
Go Bucs, Gators
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

It's going to be close, but I've got to go with the guy from Iowa Zach Johnson.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

My unofficial pick wasn't too bad.

But I'm switching to Praise The Lord, For It Was He Who Sayeth It's Cool To Work On The Sabbath If The Money Is Right Johnson.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one