If Tiger never recovers to his former self...

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

If Tiger never recovers to his former self...

Post by Go Coogs' »

can the game sustain popularity and ratings with anyone else?

Can Spieth and Rory develop a rivalry like The King and The Golden Bear? I'm thinking that is the only thing that could happen to get the ratings and money Tiger brings to the sport.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: If Tiger never recovers to his former self...

Post by Goober McTuber »

Nobody cares.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

How in the world did this sport survive before cubby? Ponderous... :meds:
Go Bucs, Gators
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

In the US, we are saturated with sports entertainment. Also, the source of many of the game's early American greats, the caddyshack, is no more. Golf in America has become the province of the middle and upper classes exclusively. That limits the viewing audience to mostly white males who play the game. What "Tont" did was to push the game beyond those boundaries and create interest in the game in demographics that otherwise could not possibly give two fucks about watching guys like Tom Kite and Bernhard Langer duel in ugly pants. The logical implication of a PGA without Eldrick is that those demographics will stop watching.

Now when you think of golf as a global game? Absolutely the game can survive and grow a bit more. But the ratings boost will likely come from markets outside the US. Imagine if India begins to grow the game like China has? The potential is unlimited. What if a black South African can reach the highest levels and inspire other sub Saharan Africans to take up the game? There is a lot of room in this world for growth.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:What if a black South African can reach the highest levels and inspire other sub Saharan Africans to take up the game? There is a lot of room in this world for growth.
what if we could get islamofundies to take the game up?
that would be a fucking hoot.....I can see the match play tournaments turning into blood baths......

"Jihad Johnny loses 2-1"
"Allāhu Akbar" while Jihad Johnny detonates a homemade pipe bomb he keeps in his golf bag....

but to get back to the subject, yes it will survive without he who shall not be named getting back on top....Dustin Johnson's return was embraced by those normally unforgiving douchenozzles....glad to see him back though, he's good for the game.....
get out, get out while there's still time