Dagger

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Dagger

Post by Screw_Michigan »

A new book about New York Yankees' third baseman Alex Rodriguez's use of performance-enhancing drugs throughout his career includes revelations about another sports superstar: Tiger Woods.

Released Tuesday, Blood Sport: Alex Rodriguez, Biogenesis and the Quest to End Baseball’s Steroid Era, co-authored by Tim Elfrink of the Miami New Times and Gus-Garcia Roberts of Newsday, claims that the Canadian sports doctor Anthony Galea who treated Rodriguez also visited Woods 14 times between January and August 2009 and charged Woods a total of $76,012 as he recovered from knee surgery following his 2008 U.S. Open victory. Previous reports had identified only four or five visits.

In 2011, Galea pled guilty to smuggling human growth hormone and other drugs into the United States to treat professional athletes. Both Woods and Galea have said that Woods only received only legal platelet-rich plasma therapy from Galea.

The book also reports that according to the Florida Department of Health, Dr. Mark Lindsay, an associate of Galea's who also treated Rodriguez, visited Woods' 49 times from September 2008 to October 2009 and charged Woods' $118,979.

From late 2008 through 2009, when Woods was facing the worst injury of his career and Rodriguez was sidelined with a lingering hip problem, they sometimes talked abut the cutting-edge techniques of the two Canadian physicians treating both of them at the same time: Anthony Galea and Mark Lindsay.

Hank Haney, Woods' former swing coach, who has been one of Woods' most vocal critics since they stopped working together in 2010, told the Golf Channel that he never saw anything out of the ordinary in Galea's treatment of Woods.

"I was there and watched the whole procedure," Haney said. "There was never anything that went into Tiger Woods's body that didn't come out of his body. They take blood out, they spin it, they inject the plasma back in. I totally believe that Tiger Woods has never taken any performance-enhancing drugs."

For more news that golfers everywhere are talking about, follow @si_golf on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube video channel.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger ... z36ysKp9Or
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Dagger

Post by Dinsdale »

First, do you even follow golf beyond hating on Tiger? Play it? Watch it? Are you able to name 5 players in the top 10?

That's what I thought. What a pathetic little man you are.

And a big name athlete was treated by guys who specialize in treating injured big name athletes? This is damning evidence... how? When Tiger's #1 hater (Haney should be your idol) says he didn't juice it up?

You need psychiatric help, dude.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:First, do you even follow golf beyond hating on Tiger? Play it? Watch it? Are you able to name 5 players in the top 10?

here's his problem....views of his swing over the years.....see any issues with the most recent? I do.....
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

You mean other than minimal flex in the knees and he's noticeably more erect in the last picture as opposed to from 94 on where he perfectly emulates the stance Hogan taught in the Five Fundamentals? Yea.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The recent one looks like a guy whose knees and back have seen better days. The weight isn't shifting the same, for sure.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:You mean other than minimal flex in the knees and he's noticeably more erect in the last picture
Dinsdale wrote:The recent one looks like a guy whose knees and back have seen better days. The weight isn't shifting the same, for sure.
exactly, his shoulder and hip muscles are no longer generating the power, it's more of an arm swing......the only thing that's saved him from completely going in the tank is his incredible hand/eye coordination.....the last swing looks like he's afraid to move through the shot, like he's protecting his back and knees which we know he is......the problem is that in his younger years he generated so much torque it was eventually going to catch up to him and it has.....McIlroy will have the same issues in a few years......

now contrast Tigers swing with that of the guy I think has one of the best swings I've even seen......

he still swings the same as when he first came to prominence......but you can see there is no violent torque, just a simple turn and he allows the large muscles to generate the power for him......they don't call him the Big Easy for nothing.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Yeah, his lower body is doing very little work and it's causing him to drop his right shoulder on transition. He's not letting his hips and torso do the work.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)