Me and my Pappy

The best of the best
Carr Guy
Jake

Re: Me and my Pappy

Post by Carr Guy »

Well well well, looky here. This "Goober" guy has been harassing me in the college football forum. Calling me all kinds of cuss words and saying vile things. I had him pegged as an angry alcoholic because it takes one to know one, and i used to be one. so i decided to do some research of his post history and came across this thread. And what a ya know, looks like i was right. Why do you need all that booze, man? Do you convince yourself you keep all that around for "guests"? I used to say the same stuff to myself. but I've been sober 6 years now. Never felt better. You keep going down this road, the only guests you'll have over are the people you're begging for a liver transplant because you were diagnosed with serosis. It's not worth it man. There is so much more to live for. I put down the bottle for my wife, for my daughter, my daughter's three babies, and her current boyfriend who all live with us. And last but not least, i put the bottle down for my University of Michigan season football tickets. I want to be around for decades of championships. GO BLUE!!! So anyway i'll leave you with some life advice, pal. IF YOU'RE BOOZIN, YOU'RE LOSIN. I hope you take this to heart.
Those who stay will be champions.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Carr Guy wrote:So anyway i'll leave you with some life advice, pal. IF YOU'RE BOOZIN, YOU'RE LOSIN. I hope you take this to heart.
Who knew the Dan Vogel troll was driving the Carr Guy troll.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

If you ever actually had "serosis" you'd probably know how to spell it.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Carr Guy is just doing stream of unconciousness writing.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Carr Guy wrote:Why do you need all that booze, man?
It's a hobby.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:
mvscal wrote:Why are those wine bottles upside down? Does Dinsdale know about this?

Uhm... because Goobs isn't an idiot (in this instance), and knows to keep the corks wet? Wine is always stored cork down... dipshit.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hurry up! Go tell 'em how it's done...dipshit.

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:

The corks are wet... dipshit.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:
mvscal wrote:

The corks are wet... dipshit.
Yet not upside down. I guess always must mean something else in Oregon.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

My point was, and still is, that wine is stored with the cork wet.

Please tell me more about proper wine storage, since I don't deal with any, or anything... dipshit.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Don't forget...Dins is an honorary assistant part time winemaker. He's up on all that's happening in the industry in...uh somewhere in Oregon.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:Don't forget...Dins is an honorary assistant part time winemaker.
Dinsdale wrote:completely facetious title

You just can't help kicking your own ass, can you?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I think we all get the wet cork idea. And I think we all get the fact that either prone or inverted, the cork is wet.

My question remains, is one better than the other? I would guess that it really doesn't matter. Laying on their side is likely used more because it is just a convenient way to do it. Could there be another reason? Do things tend to come out of solution and settle to the bottom? If they do, it might be that you wouldn't want this stuff on the cork.

I look forward to an enlightened explanation by you wine expert fukks.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

I think it is just a way of adding wine bling to the walls around your bar, nothing more nothing less. I think they are kind of cool.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:My point was, and still is, that wine is stored with the cork wet.
Nope. Your point was:
Dinsdale wrote:Wine is always stored cork down... dipshit.
When in reality, wine is rarely if ever stored cork down. It's stored, at least by those who know what the fuck they're doing (ie not you) horizontally. It's OK. You don't know what you're talking about. We're familiar with that by now. There is also a good reason why wine is rarely, if ever, stored cork down.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:Don't forget...Dins is an honorary assistant part time winemaker.
Dinsdale wrote:completely facetious title

You just can't help kicking your own ass, can you?
And yet you constantly use it to claim cred for some kind of insider knowledge of the industry and expertise on what good wine should be.

So what's your actual role? Dump bucket sampler?

BTW, I've got bottling line pictures on my cell phone too. Big fucking deal.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote: BTW, I've got bottling line pictures on my cell phone too. Big fucking deal.
What if Dins was running the 200lio troll? :shock:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mikey wrote: BTW, I've got bottling line pictures on my cell phone too. Big fucking deal.
What if Dins was running the 200lio troll? :shock:
Come to think of it that somehow doesn't seem completely unbelievable.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:Promise me y'all aren't arguing over what angle a fucking bottle of wine should be.
It goes back a lot farther than that, maybe even a couple of days. Though that bottle angle is pretty damn important.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

This is the angle that a wine bottle should be at:

Sin,
Atomic Panties
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:
When in reality, wine is rarely if ever stored cork down. It's stored, at least by those who know what the fuck they're doing (ie not you) horizontally. It's OK. You don't know what you're talking about. We're familiar with that by now. There is also a good reason why wine is rarely, if ever, stored cork down.
Thanks for the laugh of the day (so far).

But enough of what you think you know, and let's deal with facts.

The only time you'll EVER see wine stored horizontally is when it's reached it's final retail destination(wine shop, restaurant, etc.), and gets put into a rack. Period.

See that bottling line above? When a bottle comes off, it gets "packed-and-stacked," meaning it gets put into the case, then that case is stacked on a pallet... with the bottles cork-down. Not just at this particular winery... at every last one of them. Then, depending on storage capacity, it's either put in cold-storage on-site, or shipped to a bonded storage facility (lots of stupid laws involved)... where the remain stacked on the pallet... with the fucking corks down.

So, with maybe the exceptions of screw-cap Ernest and Julio, every bottle you've ever had was stored with the cork down... Every. Last. One.

And no, we're not even going to debate this, since it isn't up for debate. It's a FACT, whether you care to believe it or not. I won't be at the winery for probably at least a week, but I can take a pic and show you literally thousand of cases of stored wine... every last one of them cork-down... dipshit. Because that's how wine is fucking stored, despite your uneducated ramblings.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:
My question remains, is one better than the other? I would guess that it really doesn't matter. Laying on their side is likely used more because it is just a convenient way to do it. Could there be another reason? Do things tend to come out of solution and settle to the bottom? If they do, it might be that you wouldn't want this stuff on the cork.

I look forward to an enlightened explanation by you wine expert fukks.

Laying it on it's side is done because it's easier to display at a retailer, which is about the only reason.

Typically, you rarely see much precipitate in bottled wine. It's more common in reds to get some "throw," which is tartrate crystals coming out of solution, usually due to the bottle getting cold. Funny thing with tartrates, is once they precipitate, they don't readily dissolve back into solution -- it becomes white crystals in the bottom of the bottle. Generally, you'll only see it from small producers, who don't necessarily have all the right equipment.

Not the best pic for it, but in the background, you can see some large stainless tanks. They're hooked to a glycol chiller, which circulates through jackets in the tank walls (there's both 1500 gallon and 3000's along the wall). Before bottling, and after course-filtering, the wine gets pumped into the tank, and gets chilled, hopefully to about 28 degrees (results may vary in summer). This "cold-stabbing" hopefully gets all the tartrates that are going to throw to precipitate, which eliminates the crystals in the bottle problem. Even if there is throw, it doesn't stick to the cork, or anything else, just falls to whichever end of the bottle happens to be pointing down at the time. Other than that, there's not much that will precipitate, especially if the wine is properly sulphited (which keeps the potential redox reactions stable).
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You forgot ...dipshit.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:

And no, we're not even going to debate this, since it isn't up for debate. It's a FACT, whether you care to believe it or not.
A sure sign that you're most likely full of shit.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:
A sure sign that you're most likely full of shit.

Dude, I'm seriously starting to doubt that you've ever set foot in a winery, and instead Toolio up some pics. Since if you had, you'd surely have seen case goods being stored, and should be quite familiar with how they're stored. Hell, they usually have cases sitting in the tasting room... with the bottles upside down.

And you've obviously never purchased a full case before... since you'd open it to find every fucking bottle cork-down.

I'm witnessing some serious dipshittery in this thread.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Girls girls, you are both right. Good wine is usually packed in crates upside down. The crate is stored right side up so the bottles are indeed upside down. Really good wine usually is packed in a case and will be stored horizontally, or a few degrees past horizontal or upside down. Once wine is removed from its crate or case it is stored a few degrees past horizontal so the air bubble is all the way at the base of the bottle. Now if the wine has an artificial cork, none of this applies for any practical reason.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Alright, so I asked for some 3rd party advice on the whole wine shipping thing from a guy who is actually creating and shipping his own wine!

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Carr Guy wrote: I put down the bottle for my wife, for my daughter, my daughter's three babies, and her current boyfriend who all live with us.
Pretty much appears like a pick'em in the liver vs. alcohol option...
E PLURIBUS PLURIBUS
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Leykis fucked up both words in a two-word sentence. That's impressive.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Leykis fucked up both words in a two-word sentence. That's impressive.
:lol:
Go Bucs, Gators
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Tom Leykis makes suckaholic seem literate. And some fool wanted his name on their wine? Jesus. Fucking. Christ.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim