Pretty Dots In The Firmament {!)

The best of the best
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Pretty Dots In The Firmament {!)

Post by Left Seater »

poptart wrote:Image

This isn't going over the South Pole, either.
:doh:

Did you even read the post? I know that isn't over the pole. That is the 7313 mile distance. The actual flight was slightly left of that track and was closer to 7550 miles.

So are you calling all of those people, flight crews, reporters, etc liars? They flew over both poles as you said from North to South which would convince you. It isn't their fault you didn't do your research prior to posting something that you probably thought had never happened but claimed it would prove it to you.

Care to discuss the Southern Hemisphere flights now?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Moving Sale wrote: I doubt it's flat but NOBODY thinks its round. Do they.
I don't know if there are satellites or not I have not given it much thought.
Are you serious MS?

I suspect you are trolling here, but just in case you are serious and as loony as 'tart, then answer this.

How in the very round world do you think you get wireless Internet connections, cell phone reception, especially from one country to another and SATELLITE television? Through freaking osmosis? Come on man, saying you don't know if there are satellites or not is either incredibly stupid and indicative of your alignment with poptart's Dumb Quixote quest for a flat Earth, or as I said, you're full of shit and trolling.

And you know damn well the Earth is spherical in shape, as is the moon you see in the sky.

You are a lawyer so you can't possibly be THAT stupid.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

LS wrote:Go back and look at the 1:35 mark. You will see the same drawing as you reference at the 13:00 minute mark. At the 13:00 minute mark they are just using a close up of the southern hemisphere route from the whole map from the 1:35 mark. That happens when you attempt to trace a path over a globe on a flat surface.
Both points in the video (1:30 and 14:02) show the same path over West Antarctica.

Be that as it may, I need much more info regarding this flight, and so far, info is pretty sparse.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

MS wrote:I doubt it's flat but NOBODY thinks its round. Do they.
Jayne wrote:Are you serious MS?

I suspect you are trolling here, but just in case you are serious and as loony as 'tart
Earth is not a sphere. It is pear shaped.

- N. dG. Tyson

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

poptart wrote:
mvscal wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Popeturd, PhD in 'Basic Math Reality'
PhD?

Just not huffing basement bongs in mid-life.

#loser
Lighten up, toots. You should try it sometime.

How's the weed in South Korea? Or is it one of those enlightened countries where they execute "drug" "users?"
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

poptart wrote:
LS wrote:Go back and look at the 1:35 mark. You will see the same drawing as you reference at the 13:00 minute mark. At the 13:00 minute mark they are just using a close up of the southern hemisphere route from the whole map from the 1:35 mark. That happens when you attempt to trace a path over a globe on a flat surface.
Both points in the video (1:30 and 14:02) show the same path over West Antarctica.

Be that as it may, I need much more info regarding this flight, and so far, info is pretty sparse.
Agree the kindergarten drawing is just that a drawing. It isn't the exact path they took. And of course the path is the same in both, it is the same drawing as I pointed out.

Why don't you show us a drawing of a flight that passes over both poles on a sheet of paper. At best your line intersects the edge of the globe at both poles.

As for more info on this flight, buy the book that is set to release Dec 1st. It is all about the flight by one of the passengers from that flight.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jay in Phoenix wrote: You are a lawyer so you can't possibly be THAT stupid.
Why would you say that? Two of the dumbest fucks on this board are lawyers.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
Moving Sale wrote: I doubt it's flat but NOBODY thinks its round. Do they.
I don't know if there are satellites or not I have not given it much thought.
Are you serious MS?

I suspect you are trolling here...

And you know damn well the Earth is spherical in shape, as is the moon you see in the sky.

You are a lawyer so you can't possibly be THAT stupid.
Round and spherical are not the same thing. I'm not trolling I'm just using English. You should try it some time.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Moving Sale wrote: Round and spherical are not the same thing. I'm not trolling I'm just using English. You should try it some time.
Yes, spherical would be more appropriate. Yet you didn't answer the questions. How can you deny the SPHERICAL shape of the planet, when once again, you have the moon in the sky to show you the shape of what a planet or it's natural satellites are shaped like? An eclipse shows the Earth's shadow on the surface of the moon, and that shadow is not flat, square or triangularly shaped.

Also MS, what about the matter of your internet connections, smart phones, Google Earth images where you can zoom in from space to your own house and of course, satellite t.v.?

How do you account for these things if there are no satellites?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Start the gofund me page now for Pop's ticket.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Left Seater wrote:Start the gofund me page now for Pop's ticket.
Careful though pops, you wouldn't want this to happen!

Sailing away, sailing away...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:
For just ONE example, look at the lunar wave that I posted 4 or 5 times.
It's important for people to see it -- so I tried to have them see it.

I doubt that Felix ever looked at it.
and of course, you'd be wrong.....have you ever heard of the term atmospheric refraction?

jeez, I learned about atmospheric refraction in astronomy 101.....go out to your nearest airport, point your refractive telescope at the moon, and you'll see these lunar waves all the time.....

can I make a suggestion?

Subscribe to the guy who produced the video below....he'll give you some new ideas on how to make something that can be easily explained into something concocted by a group of unseen people trying to bring about the end of the earth.....

get out, get out while there's still time
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:
poptart wrote:

and of course, you'd be wrong.....have you ever heard of the term atmospheric refraction?

jeez, I learned about atmospheric refraction in astronomy 101.....go out to your nearest airport, point your refractive telescope at the moon, and you'll see these lunar waves all the time....
Atmospheric refraction?
lol
This is your response to the lunar wave?

The "refraction" is isolated on only the moon, Felix.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Felix wrote:
poptart wrote:

jeez, I learned about atmospheric refraction in astronomy 101.....go out to your nearest airport, point your refractive telescope at the moon, and you'll see these lunar waves all the time.....

can I make a suggestion?

Subscribe to the guy who produced the video below....he'll give you some new ideas on how to make something that can be easily explained into something concocted by a group of unseen people trying to bring about the end of the earth.....

Why do fucknuts like this START their argument with a fallacy? I stopped after a minute. Its too bad too because he probably had something decent to say. So aggravating.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jsc810 wrote:Time is running out for the flat earthers ........

What is your point supposed to be?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

It will remain prohibitively expensive to get into even suborbital space. At best, it may become possible to fly very high in the atmosphere where you can look out the window and say, yup, it's curved.

But, that still won't be enough for poptard. He KNOWS the bible is right. Seeing evidence that it is wrong will be dismissed, no matter how convincing.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Have you gotten your earth curvature math figured out yet?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jsc wrote:He's just scared that if he admits that the Bible is wrong (according to his interpretation) on this point, what else is it wrong about?
I was a Christian for 34 years and never questioned that the earth was round.

And certainly, one's salvation is not dependent on believing in a given shape of the earth.
lol
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Obviously not.

I consider the topic to be interesting and very important.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:I was a Christian for 34 years
"Was"? What are you now? Aside from a lunatic, I mean.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: Atmospheric refraction?
lol
This is your response to the lunar wave?

The "refraction" is isolated on only the moon, Felix.
why do you keep posting videos by the same guy?
look he's not interested in science, he's interested in believing whatever he wants to believe and anyone that produces anything that disagrees with his preset conception is just wrong.....sounds kind of like someone else I've seen here lately....

there are hundreds of people who've explained what this so called "lunar" wave is, yet you keep going back to this batshit crazy crowww guy and posting his vids.....

what is it your trying to prove here? the moon is a holograph? the moon is closer than what scientists say it is....now don't forget I went to the local university's astronomy lab and measured the distance to the moon using the mirror arrays left there by the Apollo astronauts....

so where did the measurements I got back come from? is there some cabal of people that knows when anybody aims a laser at what is allegedly the moon and somehow finds their way into the computer to send back false readings? say, this conspiracy goes pretty deep....
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:there are hundreds of people who've explained what this so called "lunar" wave is, yet you keep going back to this batshit crazy crowww guy and posting his vids....
Oh sure, yes.
They've "explained it," as you did -- by saying it is atmospheric refraction.
lol

Total fail.

I've not posted vids by him.
I've posted ONE video by him -- because it is important.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:what is it your trying to prove here?
I'm pointing out that there is a wave on the moon, now captured by multiple individuals.
I'm pointing out that to date, I've seen no explanation for it which makes sense -- within the paradigm we assume as true.

People can draw their own conclusions about it.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:the moon is a holograph?
The wave appears to be a refresh, Felix.

Why is this?
I don't know.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jsc810 wrote:
Felix wrote:now don't forget I went to the local university's astronomy lab and measured the distance to the moon using the mirror arrays left there by the Apollo astronauts....

Whoa!

When you look thru the telescope, what do you see? Can you actually see the landing craft and other things left on the moon by the astronauts? Do you have any pics of that?
Yes, let's see this, Felix.

:lol:

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jsc810 wrote:When you look thru the telescope, what do you see? Can you actually see the landing craft and other things left on the moon by the astronauts? Do you have any pics of that?

I've actually come across articles on this somewhat recently, which actually had nothing to do with this thread, or the absolute plungering of poptard.

No, there isn't a telescope that can focus in on the small bit of abandon gear from the Apollo Missions, including the Hubble. But several different countries have sent orbiters and photographed the site. Most of the gear left onsite has been buried in dust, with a bit of a few items still sticking through.

Can't even remember where I saw the article, but it was cool.

But none of that matters to poptard -- he actually thinks, in his diseased brain, that he's really fighting off Satan. Hard to present logic to a mentally ill person (dude should really see a doctor, since shit like this doesn't suddenly kick in during a person's 50's. It's physiological, rather than psychological).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Duncedale wrote:the absolute plungering of poptard

Dunce wrote:Poptard, you keep citing the view of Toronto from 30 miles away as "proof." The problem is your horribly flawed geometry.

Rather than continue to join the well-deserved pile-on (OK, I lied -- I'll certainly continue), let me help where your junior high teachers failed:

Looking across a body of water at a point 30 miles (measured over the curve of the Earth)... let's even use your (quite incorrect) formula for Earth's curvature (and we'll even fudge the numbers in your favor)...

Let's call our location across from Toronto "Point A." Toronto will be "Point C." The halfway point (on the curve) will be "Point B." Our line-of-sight is between Point A and Point C.

From Point A, go 1 mile towards Point B. The curve has gone UP 8"(according to your incorrect formula), down our line-of-sight. We're not looking for Toronto on the surface of the Moon, right... we're looking down the line-of-sight. There's a "bump" in between.

Now, let's go one more mile towards Point B. The horizon just ROSE a bit LESS than 8". We're at 15" or less of RISE.

Let's do this 15 times, until we get to Point B. Point B is the apex of the arc, and is what is blocking the view of Toronto (Point C).

And Point B is well under 10 feet above the line-of-sight. Add about 5 feet for the level of the camera, and this rise becomes 6 feet or less.
10 ft of earth curvature in 15 miles?

:lol: :lol:

Come correct, you stupid, lying asshole.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

poptart wrote: 10 ft of earth curvature in 15 miles?

Come correct, you stupid, lying asshole.
Uhm, maybe you need to reread it?

I used YOUR "formula," dumbass. It's completely wrong, but I still used it.

8" ^ 2.

It actually works out to less than 10', but with the obviously severe challenge math poses for you, I rounded up in your favor...

dumbass.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

You are embarrassing yourself COMPLETELY, Dunce.

As I first noted 3 months ago, and have repeated many times,...
poptart wrote:Earth curvature rate is supposed to be 8 inches per mile squared.
In 15 miles, there is curvature of 150 ft.

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/

Less than 10 feet of curvature in 15 miles?

Uhhh...

Just eject while you're way behind, sporto.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Brain damage
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Jsc810 wrote: Whoa!
When you look thru the telescope, what do you see? Can you actually see the landing craft and other things left on the moon by the astronauts? Do you have any pics of that?
you don't measure the distance with a telescope, you measure it with a laser.....there are 8 or 9 mirror arrays up there, left by the Apollo flights, arrays by the Russians, and French...corner arrays reflect the laser bean directly back from where it came.....you aim the laser at the approximate location of the reflector, then you'll get back maybe one or two of the photons fired by the laser.....when you see the spike on the computer screen, you've received the photon back....you simply measure the time it took to get back and the rest is simple mathematics......but you don't need a laser to measure the distance to the moon, ancient greeks did it and you can too

http://io9.com/5688939/how-to-measure-t ... o-the-moon

yeah, speaking of the ancient greeks, how were they running this hologram of the moon? jeez electricity wasn't known to the them and i'm pretty sure the only way you can run a hologram is via electricity....
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Felix wrote:speaking of the ancient greeks, how were they running this hologram of the moon? jeez electricity wasn't known to the them and i'm pretty sure the only way you can run a hologram is via electricity....
I seem to recall reading somewhere that they were able to generate electricity using the gases created by laser beans.
"I see everything twice!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

poptart wrote:You are embarrassing yourself COMPLETELY, Dunce.

As I first noted 3 months ago, and have repeated many times,...
poptart wrote:Earth curvature rate is supposed to be 8 inches per mile squared.
In 15 miles, there is curvature of 150 ft.

So, does this mean you're finally going to give up on the ridiculous bit about "8 inches per mile squared"? It was funny for a while, but now it's just getting sad.

But I'll try and dumb it down for you even further -- the curvature between an observer and a point above the surface 30 miles away forms a curved "bump" in between. Directly across the line of sight, the apex of this "bump" is what's blocking your view, which will be at approximately the midway point, 15 miles.

Get it so far?

This "bump" is curving upward, rising above the observer's feet to that 15 mile point.

Once again, BY YOUR FUCKING (stupid) formula that rise will be 8" over the next mile... RIGHT? (Remember, we're using YOUR incorrect numbers).

Over the next mile, the curve rises less (AGAIN, YOUR RETARDED "Formula"). I'm way too lazy to write an equation, but we can clearly see, that if we're talking about exponential shit, that second mile will have WAY less than 8" of rise... but let's give your retarded ass the benefit of the doubt, and say the second mile only has 7" of rise.

Third mile? Guess what? It's less than the previous (and quite incorrect, but again, giving your idiocy the benefit of the doubt) mile. Well under 6".

So, let's add it up -- the greatest value we have is 8", and it DECREASES from there.

So, how are you getting to 150' when you add 8" or less 15 times?

Or are you still stuck on the (moronic) idea that you're looking for the CNN Tower out in the Firmament, rather than across the horizon?
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

poptart wrote:
Felix wrote:the moon is a holograph?
The wave appears to be a refresh, Felix.

Why is this?
I don't know.
Appears being the key word.

Felix has explained this illusion yet you continue to ignore the facts and science.

Meanwhile, there are any number of moon rocks here on Earth from lunar missions you can pound up your ass. Said rocks contain minerals that are either uncommon to, or do not appear on Earth. If you would do some basic research instead of trolling conspiracy sites, you would know this.

Now, you and Moving Sellout and LTS Troll can all hold hands and skip together down the fallacy road, in blissful ignorance, off the edge of your flat model world, popdorothy.

Follow, follow, follow, follow, fall off the fallacy road.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dunce wrote:So, let's add it up -- the greatest value we have is 8", and it DECREASES from there.

So, how are you getting to 150' when you add 8" or less 15 times?
Incredible!

T = what you are viewing -- your target
A1 = one mile away, and there is 8" of curvature
B2 = two miles away, and there is now 32" of curvature, because it is 8" x 2 x 2
C3 = three miles away, and there is now 72" of curvature, because it is 8" x 3 x 3

The curvature INCREASES as you move further from what you are viewing.

Yes, when viewing an object 15 miles away, 150 ft of the object is supposedly hidden under the horizon.
8" x 15 x 15 = 1,800 inches = 150 ft

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/

Mathematical FACT.

You are a complete m0ron.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:yeah, speaking of the ancient greeks, how were they running this hologram of the moon?
Who said they were?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:there are 8 or 9 mirror arrays up there, left by the Apollo flights
No, there is not.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

This is pretty damn hilarious...

ISS failed fakery.

See the big gold piece hanging just left of center in this pic from NASA's site?
Notice the bright blue "earth" curve just to the right of the gold piece?

Oooops!

Go to NASA's site and you can click the pic and make it bigger -- so you can get an even bigger look (and belly laff) at their failure.

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/file ... 017768.jpg

I expect this image to be pulled off their site soon.

Wakey?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Wow.

Uhm, if you're attempting to view Point T from Point C, why isn't the line that you're attempting to look down drawn between those two points?

Is your epic failure at spacial-relationships starting to sink in yet?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »