Crazy rumor I heard.....

The best of the best
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Crazy rumor I heard.....

Post by battery chucka' one »

The admins/owners of theoneboard (the Alliance) lured away all the posters from their old boards so they could build up a stockpile of email and IP addresses, for purpose of selling to online marketers. Once this information is sold (and your email is teeming with spam, your computer overrun with popups), this board will be sold to the highest bidder (and probably become a pay site). I don't know the validity of this rumor, but it does seem at least a little feasible.

Your thoughts? Perhaps some answers to these charges.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Alliance pwns again. We are but pawns in Sick Fuck's schemes.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

I have a bridge you might be interested in, special deal just for you BCO.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Sounds like one of your screenplays.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:I have a bridge you might be interested in, special deal just for you BCO.
You're saying that this rumor isn't viable? Or you're covering for the owners? Which is it, squealer?
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
PL
Same for me. Be nice.

Post by PL »

I heard Jackie in Wichita owns 51% of this place. Cant tell you were I heard it, But I heard it.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Kinda of a shitty alternate to the "Hi, I am new here, can we all suck together?" threads but at least it had more than 5 words.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
The Whistle Is Screaming

OK, I'll point out the stupidity of your first post, then once you acknowledge it, this gets moved to TroTs.

The owners/admins had all the IP's and e-mail addresses before the new board was created, why would they need to "lure" their old posters here?

You're either trolling to start shit or you're dumber than a box of rocks, which is it?
battery chucka' one
Elwood

If some ownership could come in here and answer these charges, it'd be most appreciated. Thanx in advance.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Post by Guest »

Your rumor is absolutely, 100% correct. In fact, I'm planning on sending my daughter to college with my split. I hear some folks will pony up all kinds of cash for these things.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

battery chucka' one wrote:If some ownership could come in here and answer these charges, it'd be most appreciated. Thanx in advance.
I already did.

Don't sweat it kid. Take a look at TWIS's post and recognize the GIANT flaw in your argument.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

I heard they'll end up sending bbq over to your house to molest your pets.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:OK, I'll point out the stupidity of your first post, then once you acknowledge it, this gets moved to TroTs.

The owners/admins had all the IP's and e-mail addresses before the new board was created, why would they need to "lure" their old posters here?

You're either trolling to start shit or you're dumber than a box of rocks, which is it?
They didn't have the TOT IP's and emails. There were many who didn't go to any of the alternate boards. Why would I troll to start shit? I'm just passing on some information which I was made aware of.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Prototype
Elwood

Post by Prototype »

Someone is fucking with your bco. Your bad for believing it though.
The Whistle Is Screaming

BCO, maybe someone played you like a fiddle knowing you would start a thread here just for this purpose. Again, you're either trolling or stupid.
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

orcinus wrote:Your rumor is absolutely, 100% correct. In fact, I'm planning on sending my daughter to college with my split. I hear some folks will pony up all kinds of cash for these things.
Awesome. You gonna send your kid to F$U, too?

sincerely,
Doug Miezxzvhcvkewvzz
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Prototype wrote:Someone is fucking with your bco. Your bad for believing it though.
I never said I believed it. I said that I heard about this. Being a skeptical sort, I was wanting to check it out. I STILL haven't gotten a bonafide answer from anybody denying this rumor. Crunch some numbers, bro'. Tell me it doesn't make at least a little sense. I hope it's not true but, still.....
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:you're either trolling or stupid.
Where's the Grammar Troll when you need it?
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

helmet wrote:
orcinus wrote:Your rumor is absolutely, 100% correct. In fact, I'm planning on sending my daughter to college with my split. I hear some folks will pony up all kinds of cash for these things.
Awesome. You gonna send your kid to F$U, too?

sincerely,
Doug Miezxzvhcvkewvzz

It's Doug Manischewitz
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:OK, I'll point out the stupidity of your first post, then once you acknowledge it, this gets moved to TroTs.

I vote Box of Rocks
The Whistle Is Screaming

battery chucka' one wrote:
Prototype wrote:Someone is fucking with your bco. Your bad for believing it though.
I never said I believed it. I said that I heard about this. Being a skeptical sort, I was wanting to check it out. I STILL haven't gotten a bonafide answer from anybody denying this rumor. Crunch some numbers, bro'. Tell me it doesn't make at least a little sense. I hope it's not true but, still.....
Who passed this information on to you? Why aren't they here asking these questions? Your looking more and more like a tool.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

helmet wrote:Doug Miezxzvhcvkewvzz
That's the Duke Hoops coach, right?
ElvisMonster
savvy fashionista

Post by ElvisMonster »

Dinsdale wrote:Where's the Grammar Troll when you need it?

I'm so in your dome.

l to r: Gramma Troll
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:or you're dumber than a box of rocks,
TWiS, meet BCO. BCO, get a fucking job.

Post by Guest »

Raising a child seems to be taking its toll on our poor Piggy.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

EM, what are you thinking trying to turn this rumor thread into a hottie thread?

For shame.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
battery chucka' one
Elwood

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:
battery chucka' one wrote:
Who passed this information on to you? Why aren't they here asking these questions? Your looking more and more like a tool.
Why is it necessary to know who my source is? There were charges levied. I want to know of their validity. Like I said, it's a crazy rumor, to be sure. That said, nobody has yet answered them. And, the mass exodus of TOTers suggests a little planning involved.

Also, your is not you're. One is a possesive, the other a contraction for 'you are'. Give you two guesses as to which is which. ;)
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Hey BCO --

I heard that if you click the heels of your slippers together while chanting "There's nothing in my dome" three times, then Sony will send you a laptop for $99.

Just telling you what I heard.
Prototype
Elwood

Post by Prototype »

[not at all serious] They recruited me to be a moderator here knowing I could harvest all the ips and e-mail addresses from the TOT MLB forum and FB leagues. Still working out payment details though. [/not.....]
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

RACK Dins.

Stole my nutrients
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

I'm out. I don't want my email accounts that were set up solely for the purpose of trolling to get spammed.

battery chucka' one
Elwood

Prototype wrote:[not at all serious] They recruited me to be a moderator here knowing I could harvest all the ips and e-mail addresses from the TOT MLB forum and FB leagues. Still working out payment details though. [/not.....]
:lol:
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
ElvisMonster
savvy fashionista

Post by ElvisMonster »

Rack Dins.
ADAM
still pays, but gets no sex anymore

Post by ADAM »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........
The only right answer to a fool is silence
The Whistle Is Screaming

Take your wink and shove it up your ass BCO. You know what they say about grammar smack right?

You admit that the rumor is crazy and wonder why you can't get a straight answer. I'll spell it out for you, It is so crazy that it doesn't justify a response, how's that?
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Wow, nothing like a possibly valid rumor to get a bunch of trolls up in arms.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:Take your wink and shove it up your ass BCO. You know what they say about grammar smack right?

You admit that the rumor is crazy and wonder why you can't get a straight answer. I'll spell it out for you, It is so crazy that it doesn't justify a response, how's that?
The cry of a guilty soul? Is that what we're seeing, squealer? ;)
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

OK, I admit it. I hired the people who own this board to lure a bunch of people here so I could get a list of all their IP numbers. That information is extremely valuable, ya know. The email addresses really don't fetch much money from 'those people who pay people for lists of email addresses' these days, but the IP numbers... WOW.

I get emails from hackers and other sorts of very mean people on a daily basis. "Do you have any new IP numbers? I'll pay $0.0005 per address for lists of 1000+!"

I just can't let that sort of financial opportunity pass me by. Sorry about that... thanks for posting, though.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I was wanting to check it out. I STILL haven't gotten a bonafide answer from anybody denying this rumor. Crunch some numbers, bro'.
You're begging for numbers, but you're crunching them prior to receiving them?

Stick to screenp...ahh, hell, mud pies are good eats.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
ElvisMonster
savvy fashionista

Re: Crazy rumor I heard.....

Post by ElvisMonster »

battery chucka' one wrote:this board will be sold to the highest bidder...
$4.39 going once...