Here's your bill for $3,333 -

The best of the best
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Re: Here's your bill for $3,333 -

Post by Mister Bushice »

How about you back the "ron_paul_is_jesus_our_savior" concept and focus on the fortress that is congress at this point, if you want to bring some meaning to your pitiful troll job?

AS IF Bush had anything to do with this abortion of a bill besides scribbling his monkey drawl on a paper.

WE THE PEOPLE have a corrupt government driven by those in power, in congress.

Yeah, and "ron paul listened to the people", but the people have no power, so find another corner preacher to believe in.

Also, I've changed my mind.

I'm not voting in the presidential election, and I won't even bother to watch the remaining debates because it doesn't matter. We will be ass fucked by anyone who gets elected no matter who it is, no one listens to what we have to say and there are no truly viable candidates, so voting is meaningless.

"By the people for the people" is a joke.

I may vote against my representative if he's up for re-election, though.

Outside of that I really see no purpose in getting involved. My vote doesn't mean shit.

And by the way, Mr. Self absorbed, the American Public had nothing to do with this sham vote. It was driven home by the wealthy, for the wealthy.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

So because the original bailout bill didn't pass...the Congress took another week (incl vacation) and added earmarks (pork) to the bill and that got it passed? You couldnt sell this asinine script in Hollywood. Unbelievable. And with the bailout bill passed, the market sank again... maybe they need more $$$. Stay tuned.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Mister Bushice wrote:How about you back the "ron_paul_is_jesus_our_savior" concept
I lfrequently work on projects in Paul's district. His constitutents have long prided themselves in what a great man of principle he is....until he voted against them getting hurricane aid after Ike..awww..not so happy with him now eh? For that alone he is a dick. Add on top of that he has barely taken the time to review the damage done to his area. Dick.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Oh, but you don't understand. Ron Paul is our anointed savior. We just don't know it yet.

/irony
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

RJ wrote:Dins and Mv nailed it-
:?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Neck wrote:I lfrequently work on projects in Paul's district. His constitutents have long prided themselves in what a great man of principle he is....until he voted against them getting hurricane aid after Ike..awww..not so happy with him now eh? For that alone he is a dick. Add on top of that he has barely taken the time to review the damage done to his area. Dick.
What specifically was it he voted against?
If it is true that he voted against aid,and if you look into it, you'll prolly find that he IS being a man of principle ... hence his 'own' peeps are bent.

He DID co-sponsor a bill which gives tax breaks for Ike victims, including write-offs for disaster-related expenses and deductions for losses.

I'm sure since you tell us he has 'barely taken timeto review damage to his area' it must be so.

Yep.

Bushice wrote:I'm not voting in the presidential election, and I won't even bother to watch the remaining debates because it doesn't matter.
Good show.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Mississippi Neck wrote: And with the bailout bill passed, the market sank again... maybe they need more $$$. Stay tuned.
Bill passing was never in question - that it didn't pass the first time was all just posturing by the house to resemble doing the will of the people.

Did anyone really think rich representatives wouldn't try and save their own asses?

As for the market dropping - huge whiff on my call for end of this week to be up.
But, it doesn't change we will get a rally - Just hasn't hit yet.

Watching Citi and Wells Fargo fighting over the Wachovia corpse shows there is money - Though a lot of it may be short.
Deeper pockets are needed - maybe China will buy some more of US :doh:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oh, but you don't understand. Ron Paul is our anointed savior. We just don't know it yet.
I'm not saying he is a savior.

What I've been saying is that here is a guy who has voted nearly 100% in accordance with our Constitution, and he continues to speak to the importance of that for our nation.

What is the standard, if not that?

The only concern about him that I have is his age.
But he's an avid runner and is in good condition ... better than McCain, who is the same age.

No savior, but in the political landscape we see, it's a no-brainer to put your support behind such a guy as him.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

poptart wrote:
Neck wrote:I lfrequently work on projects in Paul's district. His constitutents have long prided themselves in what a great man of principle he is....until he voted against them getting hurricane aid after Ike..awww..not so happy with him now eh? For that alone he is a dick. Add on top of that he has barely taken the time to review the damage done to his area. Dick.
What specifically was it he voted against?
If it is true that he voted against aid,and if you look into it, you'll prolly find that he IS being a man of principle ... hence his 'own' peeps are bent.

He DID co-sponsor a bill which gives tax breaks for Ike victims, including write-offs for disaster-related expenses and deductions for losses.

I'm sure since you tell us he has 'barely taken timeto review damage to his area' it must be so.

Yep.

Bushice wrote:I'm not voting in the presidential election, and I won't even bother to watch the remaining debates because it doesn't matter.
Good show.

Really Pop, why would i make that up? Your too defensive when it comes to your looney heroes like Al or Ron......

For Tart's reading pleasure, see below....or you can follow link. Or you can just listen to someone who lives nearby. That'd be me. Thanks for playing.

A man of principle that Ron Paul...

It's a little better in Galveston, but slow going on the Bolivar Peninsula and in Chambers County,too. More than just cities in the path of this storm, they're all cities in Congressman Ron Paul's district. It's almost as if Ike was aiming right for Paul's congressional turf. Ron Paul was in Galveston the day President Bush visited. But since then? We asked if he's been to Chambers County to see how residents there are faring.
"No, but my staff has been up on that," Rep. Paul responded.
We asked, "What's your sense of how it's going on Galveston? Have you been able to spend much time there?"
Paul admitted, "Other than that trip I made with the President, I haven't been back."
His absence is noted.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=6428478
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

KC Scott wrote:
Mississippi Neck wrote: And with the bailout bill passed, the market sank again... maybe they need more $$$. Stay tuned.
Bill passing was never in question - that it didn't pass the first time was all just posturing by the house to resemble doing the will of the people.

Did anyone really think rich representatives wouldn't try and save their own asses?

As for the market dropping - huge whiff on my call for end of this week to be up.
But, it doesn't change we will get a rally - Just hasn't hit yet.

Watching Citi and Wells Fargo fighting over the Wachovia corpse shows there is money - Though a lot of it may be short.
Deeper pockets are needed - maybe China will buy some more of US :doh:

Scott,

Man I hope u r right about the mkt going up. At least here in the Houston metro things are not nearly as bad as elsewhere in terms of commercial real estate. Not good, but not as bad. When we were in Pitt a few weeks back it was amazing what you could pick up good commercial sites for...practically begging us to take them.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Predictable hatchet job, Neck.

It tells you right there in the story why the bill got a NO vote from Paul.
Once again, he did the right (even if highly unpopular) thing.

He visited Galveston.
His staff has been handling things in the area.

I guess he could hang around there.

Would be nice to get some sweet photo-ops ... you know, like the REAL big guys play the games these days.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Mississippi Neck wrote: Scott,

Man I hope u r right about the mkt going up. At least here in the Houston metro things are not nearly as bad as elsewhere in terms of commercial real estate. Not good, but not as bad. When we were in Pitt a few weeks back it was amazing what you could pick up good commercial sites for...practically begging us to take them.
Agreed - business (other than investment banks and mortgages) isn't whats caused this mess - But all business will suffer for it.
Credit is so tight now that the VC money has also ground to a halt.

The market going up won't help that - at least not short term.
No company would go public right now - there's no bank money to underwrite it.

I saw a couple more prdictions where we'll hit the worst of this in Q4 and Q/1 then maybe next spring the worst will be over.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

I saw a couple more prdictions where we'll hit the worst of this in Q4 and Q/1 then maybe next spring the worst will be over.
Scott
I suffered through 1 recession already and with my highest expectations I would wager..
2 years at best.

We are not nearly at the bottom yet.
10 % Unemployment. Prime rate at around 10% as well and a Market dropping to 6000 to 7000 is my prediction
I hope I'm wrong bro...

Pray I am....

Cheers...
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

poptart wrote:Predictable hatchet job, Neck.

It tells you right there in the story why the bill got a NO vote from Paul.
Once again, he did the right (even if highly unpopular) thing.

He visited Galveston.
His staff has been handling things in the area.

I guess he could hang around there.

Would be nice to get some sweet photo-ops ... you know, like the REAL big guys play the games these days.
So he's been to Galveston once and that's it. Nowhere else. Its not about photo ops, its about knowing how bad off your constituents are. He could have gone unannounced.

Ron P knew the bill didnt need his vote, so he voted no. My guess is that he may have changed his tune if the bill hung in the balance depending on his vote.

If you think about, Ron P is just as much a conniving POS politician as the rest of them. He just plays it..and you..differently. Its a no brainer.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

poptart wrote: Would be nice to get some sweet photo-ops ... you know, like the REAL big guys play the games these days.
How Freudian of you.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mississippi Neck wrote: If you think about, Ron P is just as much a conniving POS politician as the rest of them. He just plays it..and you..differently.
Post more, read less.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Under the plan, the Treasury would buy some companies' troubled assets at above-market values. To boost their capital, Paulson would have to pay the companies more than what their balance sheets say the assets are worth. Then other companies would use the rigged prices to write up, or avoid writing down, the values of similar holdings on their own books. So, the taxpayers get hosed on the asset purchases. Other banks use the trumped-up prices to cook their books. And investor confidence supposedly is restored.

That brings us to this question: Why would a smart guy like Hank Paulson -- the former boss of Goldman Sachs -- advance such a dumb, shady plan? Let us count the reasons:

No. 1: It delays our national reckoning until after the presidential election.

Paulson first floated a bailout Sept. 18, at the very hour when shares of Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Morgan Stanley looked like they might go into a death spiral. It's not so much a bailout, as it is a timeout. He had to follow up with something, anything, to stop the freefall from resuming. It didn't have to make sense.

So it doesn't. The plan is about creating the illusion of stronger financial institutions, not strengthening them.

The banks know this. Otherwise, they would have stopped charging each other near-record rates for three-month loans by now. The reason they haven't is because they're still afraid their customers -- other banks -- might go broke.

No. 2: The reckoning will be worse than you can imagine.

If Paulson were serious about recapitalizing rickety U.S. banks, he would infuse them with hundreds of billions of dollars of fresh government money, in exchange for ownership stakes. And if he wanted to create market liquidity for all those troubled assets on their books, he would be ordering banks to disclose everything there is to know about them, so Mr. Market could figure out their present value.

He can't let that happen. Not now. If everyone could see how much the toxic waste is worth, the writedowns would be so huge that many banks would have to be declared insolvent.

Better to let the next administration deal with the clean- up. The trouble is, the longer the government waits to address the banks' lack of capital, the worse it gets, barring a miracle.

No. 3: He's helping his friends.

Is there any doubt? Let's see.

As of yesterday, Morgan Stanley Chief Executive John Mack owned 2.75 million shares of his company's stock, valued at about $67 million. If Mack can get Morgan Stanley to trade reams of sketchy paper for billions of dollars of our Treasury's cash, without diluting any of his stake in the company, who benefits?

Paulson would have us believe it's you.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

If you think about, Ron P is just as much a conniving POS politician as the rest of them. He just plays it..and you..differently. Its a no brainer.
Yeah, I've thought about it and you're TOTALLY out to lunch.

Paul is, I think, the only congressman who refuses to take part in the congressional pension plan.
It's an unethical plan, he says.

He's never voted to raise congressional pay.

Find me another congressfraud who's done the same ... and pass me a Snickers.

If it's your view that he's just like all the rest of the P'sOS we see, well, you're free to have your own opinion.

I'd recommend you do some research on his voting record.
Seriously, look up his record and see just what it is that he's voted for and against.

I'll match it up against ANYONE else and take him every day of the week.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

I wouldnt want a congressman who only visits his district's hurricane ravaged areas once, then votes against the aid to said area, to represent me. I guess he's too busy being all constitutional or something. Not my kind of guy. Apparently he's yours.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

War Wagon wrote:
Mississippi Neck wrote: If you think about, Ron P is just as much a conniving POS politician as the rest of them. He just plays it..and you..differently.
Post more, read less.

I'm working on it.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Neck wrote:I wouldnt want a congressman who only visits his district's hurricane ravaged areas once, then votes against the aid to said area, to represent me. I guess he's too busy being all constitutional or something. Not my kind of guy. Apparently he's yours.
Because you're a "pwease save me, federal government" limpy.

As I noted ...

He voted correctly.

Get over it.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Y2K wrote: I suffered through 1 recession already and with my highest expectations I would wager..
2 years at best.
We are not nearly at the bottom yet.
We'll see a final market bottom sometime in Q1 or Q2 2009 - We're very close to an interim bottom right now.
Part of the problem though is they have over 1000 stocks on the No Shorts Allowed List - So when we do have some buying you wont have the short covering squeeze on many of these
Prime rate at around 10% as well and a Market dropping to 6000 to 7000 is my prediction
I hope I'm wrong bro...

Pray I am....

Cheers...
Wow - no way they bring the prime up to that - even though they should and I'd be all for it
There is another rate cut next meeting - down to 1.5%

I do think the eventual bottom, though will get down to the 7,600 level - and if it drops below 6,400 then it means we're all fucked in an armagedon kind of way

Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

poptart wrote:
Neck wrote:I wouldnt want a congressman who only visits his district's hurricane ravaged areas once, then votes against the aid to said area, to represent me. I guess he's too busy being all constitutional or something. Not my kind of guy. Apparently he's yours.
Because you're a "pwease save me, federal government" limpy.

As I noted ...

He voted correctly.

Get over it.
I'm fine, dont need any saving. My area has recovered quickly.
I simply see people, who had little to begin with, now are left with nothing. I'm sure tax breaks and deductions woould be such a wonderful, wonderful help for them. Good ole Ronnie.

Your list of heroes has more quirky characters than a Coen Brothers film.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

And you'll notice he whines about all the problems but his only solution is to elect the unelectable.

And I'll bet he hasn't sent as much as a penny to Pauls campaign, nor did he volunteer one second of time promoting it except here at this little blot on the internet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

You said you aren't going to vote.

Your own solution is to elect the unelectable ... nobody.

What campaign have you financially supported?

How much time did you spend promoting the campaign which you supported?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:This really isn't the same thing at all. Borrowing against expected revenue is a common practice. It's a short term loan not a bailout.
bullshit- not a dime's worth of difference.

when it's a state that wants a bailout, that's even more unconscionable. oh, but then it's your state, isn't it?

anybody demanding yet that Ahnold resign and the entire state assembly be run out of office?

i didn't think so.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

RadioFan wrote:
RJ wrote:Dins and Mv nailed it-
:?
Yeah, I was waiting for someone to call me out on this.

:)

I usually dont participate much in the poli threads (mostly because they're filled with the same pointless drivel by the same damn posters over and over again), but this one was fairly entertaining so I decided to make an appearance and possibly stir up a little shit. Oh well, i'll just grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

call it what you want, YOUR STATE has no business asking the taxpayers of OTHER states to bail you out because your politicians are irresponsible and refuse to live within their means.

you go apeshit when irresponsible corporations want to be bailed out.

tough it out, fire your fucking ni99er-rich politicians, and quit thinking the other states owe you a fucking comfortable living
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Scott wrote:I bought a 1000 SSO at $52.40 this morning in anticipation of the up when they announce it's a done deal.
BAC and JP Morgan already up -

If they're giving away money I guess we should try and profit from it.
lol

You typed that 10 days ago.

Looks like you're buy-and-hold for a while now, huh champ?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
Businesses and governments routinely borrow against expected revenue
Failing businesses and corrupt governments do that, sure. That's no argument for bailing out corrupt, leftist states like CA & MA.
and California can expect to raise a good deal more than 7 billion.
so raise it then and quit acting like you need an advance on your fucking trust fund disbursement. what happens when Ahnold says California can't (or won't) repay the "loan"? How do the taxpayers in the rest of the states get their "loan" back? They don't.
Ahhnld is properly concerned that disruptions in the credit market might make it difficult to impossible to secure such funding.
Ahnold ought to be a little more concerned about cutting back on the spending spree and living within his means. California dumbfucks elected DemocRats, let them face the consequences.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Well... at least the economy isn't AP.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:
Scott wrote:I bought a 1000 SSO at $52.40 this morning in anticipation of the up when they announce it's a done deal.
BAC and JP Morgan already up -

If they're giving away money I guess we should try and profit from it.
lol

You typed that 10 days ago.

Looks like you're buy-and-hold for a while now, huh champ?
I never said I'd buy at the bottom or sell at the top - but thanks for trying to keep score.

Here's some simple math - I bought last week and Monday at 2003/4 levels - while you own shit that has dropped to 2003/4 levels

Who's ahead?

If you answered me you get a Jesus cookie
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

If you bought last week, you're down big right now ... unless you stay IN, which you will do, of course.

I never got out.
I haven't 'lost' a damn thing.
You only 'lose' if you sell.

I'm content to wait out the shit-storm.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
WRONG.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident:

That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government.

Almost there...

IN!

Beginning to understand that whole Second Amendment thing yet, sheeple?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

You can be really tedious when you try hard enough.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Atomic Punk wrote:Well... at least the economy isn't AP.

Well-placed. We'll put in a good word for you in the Home Depot comment box.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.