McCain's Veep

The best of the best
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Re: McCain's Veep

Post by Tom In VA »

I don't think welfare is bad, I just think it's mismanaged in Government hands, I think it's very important to help Laqueesha in the Ghetto and AimeeLynn in the trailer park. I think it should be voluntary and left in the hands of organizations more qualified to do it than government - especially the Federal government. Lower taxes and people contribute to charity more, I know, I work for a charitable organization. Donations spike during tax return season and when rebate checks were cut this year. Most people are giving people who are compassionate and want to give back. The problem is the Government continues to take from them.

Also, you've never heard of me complaining about Laqueesha churning out child after child. In my experience, Laqueesha had her children and worked hard to provide for them. It was Buffy from the burbs that opted to end her child's life so she could finish college.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Felix wrote:Call it whatever you want...but I find it mildly amusing that people of your ilk cry about Lequeesha (pray for her) in Chicago churning out welfare kid after welfare kid, whining about how they're a drain on society (s'up mvs), yet you condemn people that choose to terminate a pregnancy because they feel that's the best option.
^^^This strawman take approved by KC Scott.

As if welfare moms are the primary ones who choose to have abortions, and can afford to pay for it thermselves.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Tom In VA wrote:Donations spike during tax return season...
Wow...I just...I mean...you really don't understand why charitable contributions increase during tax season?

wow
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

mccains middle name is sidney
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Martyred wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Donations spike during tax return season...
Wow...I just...I mean...you really don't understand why charitable contributions increase during tax season?

wow

I was actually talking about after people filed. But your point is what ? That people give away $1,000 so they can write it off on their taxes ? So what. The government shouldn't be taking it from them in the first place. The folks still gave $1,000.

What's your point ?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

mvscal wrote: Please cite "The Law" which supersedes the 5th Amendment to the United States Constitution.

The central holding of Roe v. Wade was that abortions are permissible for any reason a woman chooses, up until the "point at which the fetus becomes ‘viable,’ that is, potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid. Viability is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks."[1] The Court also held that abortion after viability must be available when needed to protect a woman's health, which the Court defined broadly in the companion case of Doe v. Bolton. These court rulings affected laws in 46 states.

I believe the Supreme court gives an ample interpretation of the law and it does not mention superceding the 5th amendment
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

I don't think you've filled out a tax form in years, Tom.
Why don’t you just STFU.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

War Wagon wrote: As if welfare moms are the primary ones who choose to have abortions, and can afford to pay for it thermselves.
And as a taxpayer would you prefer to support this child through the time it's eligile to enter the penal system at which point you'll support it for 40 more years?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Martyred wrote:I don't think you've filled out a tax form in years, Tom.
Well you'd be wrong.

In fact, don't ask me how, but my property tax just went up, while the value of the homes in my area went down.

Don't get me started on that one.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Tom In VA wrote:... don't ask me how, but my property tax just went up, while the value of the homes in my area went down.

Obama will save you.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Right, I'm watching this convention on the telly. This woman is RUBBISH. Was it 'Bring Your Baby To Listen To Elderly Morons Cheering At Everything' day?
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

How exactly did she stand up to big oil when she is in favor of drilling every available orifice in Alaska?

Not that I think it's a bad idea, I'd drill every last drop as well, but isn't that kinda what the oil companies would like to do too?
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

she looks like a bird, but she doesnt wear pantsuits.

geothermal alternative sources.

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

KC Scott wrote:How exactly did she stand up to big oil when she is in favor of drilling every available orifice in Alaska?

Not that I think it's a bad idea, I'd drill every last drop as well, but isn't that kinda what the oil companies would like to do too?
http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/16/news/co ... /index.htm

Governor Palin nixed tax breaks for pipebuilders.
Alaska's new governor, Sarah Palin, 43, was elected last November on a simple platform: Get a natural-gas pipeline built on Alaska's terms. The previous governor had negotiated a deal with the North Slope producers - Exxon (Charts, Fortune 500), BP (Charts), and ConocoPhillips (Charts, Fortune 500) - to build a pipe from Prudhoe Bay to the Lower 48. In exchange the state would reduce their taxes by 5%.

Governor Palin doesn't think Big Oil needs such inducements. With a pipeline delivering 4.5 billion cubic feet a day to market, the producers stand to gross up to $1 billion a year each at current prices.

"Being reasonable commercial operations," she says, "I expect the Big Three will act responsibly." Which is why she has asked them to submit bids in a competitive process open to any company that might want to build a pipeline. She thinks the threat of having to pay someone else fees to ship their gas might get one of the three to bid.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Nishlord wrote:Right, I'm watching this convention on the telly. This woman is RUBBISH.
I'm dying to know, to get a cultured, outside "Wow that accent really makes you sound smart" kind of opinion.

Please elaborate, I can't watch the speech.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

Tom In VA wrote: I'm dying to know, to get a cultured, outside "Wow that accent really makes you sound smart" kind of opinion.

the husband is the brother of the daughters fiancee.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

bbqjones wrote:
Tom In VA wrote: I'm dying to know, to get a cultured, outside "Wow that accent really makes you sound smart" kind of opinion.

the husband is the brother of the daughters fiancee.

So the daughter fucked her uncle, aaaah, a return to old school European politics ... well ...

Kind of wonder how that foreplay sounded, was tickling involved ? Did he say .... "Say uncle, say uncle"
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Tom In VA wrote:
Nishlord wrote:Right, I'm watching this convention on the telly. This woman is RUBBISH.
I'm dying to know, to get a cultured, outside "Wow that accent really makes you sound smart" kind of opinion.

Imagine an automated phone message you get when buying a juicer off an advertorial, punctuated by painfully forced boos and cheers in the designated places.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

say say say

lets leave the limeys out of this election. im pretty sure mv handled this on page two-20
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Nishlord wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:

Imagine an automated phone message you get when buying a juicer off an advertorial, punctuated by painfully forced boos and cheers in the designated places.
Thanks. In terms of overall speaking ability we haven't a Presidential candidate that could do that well since Bill Clinton.

I can't remember a Vice President that could produce rousing speeches ... ever.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

bbqjones wrote:mccains middle name is sidney
What's that got to do with abortion?
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Nishlord wrote:Right, I'm watching this convention on the telly. This woman is RUBBISH. Was it 'Bring Your Baby To Listen To Elderly Morons Cheering At Everything' day?
You're a fucking moron.

Still.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom In VA wrote:I can't remember a Vice President that could produce rousing speeches ... ever.
I just saw one.

Out of the park.

ImageImage
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Scott, I don't think you ever answered mvscal's question on page 17.

Since you're so pro-choice, I'll give you one. Would YOU prefer to grow up in poverty and neglect or would you rather be violently dismembered and tossed in the garbage instead?

I know you've got a sense of pride.
You like to think you've got some stones.
You like to think you can GET THINGS DONE.

So I assume you would choose to have a crack at life, even if you were dealt a 'poor' hand, ... because you think you could ... MAKE IT.

Or maybe I'm wrong, and you're a pussy who would rather be sliced up and put in a can.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Diogenes wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:I can't remember a Vice President that could produce rousing speeches ... ever.
I just saw one.

Out of the park.
uh you need to set your standards just a tad higher
get out, get out while there's still time
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

She gave a very good speech.

But saying she stood up to oil while being pro-drilling is like a rape victim saying she stood up to her attacker by making him wait for her to undress.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Some exerpts...
Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown.

And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves.

I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities. I might add that in small towns, we don't quite know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they are listening, and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren't listening.

We tend to prefer candidates who don't talk about us one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco.
We need American energy resources, brought to you by American ingenuity, and produced by American workers. I've noticed a pattern with our opponent.

Maybe you have, too.

We've all heard his dramatic speeches before devoted followers.

And there is much to like and admire about our opponent.

But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate.

This is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word "victory" except when he's talking about his own campaign. But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed ... when the roar of the crowd fades away ... when the stadium lights go out, and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot - what exactly is our opponent's plan? What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he's done turning back the waters and healing the planet? The answer is to make government bigger ... take more of your money ... give you more orders from Washington ... and to reduce the strength of America in a dangerous world. America needs more energy ... our opponent is against producing it.

Victory in Iraq is finally in sight ... he wants to forfeit.

Terrorist states are seeking new-clear weapons without delay ... he wants to meet them without preconditions.

Al Qaeda terrorists still plot to inflict catastrophic harm on America ... he's worried that someone won't read them their rights? Government is too big ... he wants to grow it.

Congress spends too much ... he promises more.

Taxes are too high ... he wants to raise them.
In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers.

And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change.

They're the ones whose names appear on laws and landmark reforms, not just on buttons and banners, or on self-designed presidential seals.
He(Harry Reid) said, quote, "I can't stand John McCain." Ladies and gentlemen, perhaps no accolade we hear this week is better proof that we've chosen the right man. Clearly what the Majority Leader was driving at is that he can't stand up to John McCain. That is only one more reason to take the maverick of the Senate and put him in the White House. My fellow citizens, the American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of "personal discovery." This world of threats and dangers is not just a community, and it doesn't just need an organizer.

And though both Senator Obama and Senator Biden have been going on lately about how they are always, quote, "fighting for you," let us face the matter squarely.

There is only one man in this election who has ever really fought for you ... in places where winning means survival and defeat means death ... and that man is John McCain.
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/t ... dist=msr_1
Last edited by Diogenes on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Diego in Seattle wrote:But saying she stood up to oil while being pro-drilling is like a rape victim saying she stood up to her attacker by making him wait for her to undress.
Even stupider than usual.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

BTW, Rudy kicked ass as well.
On the other hand, you have a resume from a gifted man with an Ivy League education. He worked as a community organizer, and immersed himself in Chicago machine politics. Then he ran for the state legislature - where nearly 130 times he was unable to make a decision yes or no. He simply voted "present."

As Mayor of New York City, I never got a chance to vote "present." And you know, when you're President of the United States, you can't just vote "present." You must make decisions.

A few years later, he ran for the U.S. Senate. He won and has spent most of his time as a "celebrity senator." No leadership or major legislation to speak of. His rise is remarkable in its own right - it's the kind of thing that could happen only in America. But he's never run a city, never run a state, never run a business.

He's never had to lead people in crisis.

This is not a personal attack....it's a statement of fact - Barack Obama has never led anything.

Nothing. Nada.

The choice in this election comes down to substance over style. John has been tested. Barack Obama has not.

Tough times require strong leadership, and this is no time for on the job training.

It's about who can answer that crisis call - yes, Hillary, at 3:00 in the morning.

Well, no one can look at John McCain and say that he is not ready to be Commander in Chief.

So, our opponents want to reframe the debate. They would have you believe that this election is about 'change versus more of the same.' But that's really a false choice. Because "change" is not a destination ... just as "hope" is not a strategy.
Look at just one example in a lifetime of principled stands -- John McCain's support for the troop surge in Iraq. The Democratic Party had given up on Iraq. And I believe, ladies and gentlemen, that when they gave up on Iraq they were giving up on America. The Democratic leader in the Senate said so: "America has lost."

Well, if America lost, who won? Al Qaida? Bin Laden? In the single biggest policy decision of this election, John McCain got it right and Barack Obama got it wrong.

If Barack Obama had been President, there would have been no troop surge and our troops would have been withdrawn in defeat.

Senator McCain was the candidate most associated with the surge. And it was unpopular.

What do you think most other candidates would have done in that situation? They would have acted in their own self-interest by changing their position.
How many times have we seen Barack Obama do that?

Obama was going to take public financing for his campaign, until he didn't.

Obama was against wiretapping before he voted for it.

When speaking to a pro-Israel group, Obama favored an undivided Jerusalem. Until the very next day when he changed his mind.

I hope for his sake, Joe Biden got that VP thing in writing.

John McCain said, 'I'd rather lose an election than a war.' Because that's John McCain.

When Russia rolled over Georgia, John McCain knew exactly how to respond.

Having been to that part of the world many times and having developed a clear worldview over many years, John knew where he stood. Within hours, he established a very strong, informed position that let the world know exactly how he'll respond as President. At exactly the right time, John McCain said, "We're all Georgians."

Obama's first instinct was to create a moral equivalency - that "both sides" should "show restraint." The same moral equivalency that he has displayed in discussing the Palestinian Authority and the State of Israel.

Later, after discussing it with his 300 foreign policy advisors, he changed his position and suggested that the "the UN Security Council," could find a solution. Apparently, none of his 300 advisors told him that Russia has a veto on any UN action. Finally Obama put out a statement that looked ...well, it looked a lot like John McCain's.

Here's some free advice: Sen. Obama, next time just call John McCain.
Last edited by Diogenes on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote:Scott, I don't think you ever answered mvscal's question on page 17.

Since you're so pro-choice, I'll give you one. Would YOU prefer to grow up in poverty and neglect or would you rather be violently dismembered and tossed in the garbage instead?

I know you've got a sense of pride.
You like to think you've got some stones.
You like to think you can GET THINGS DONE.

So I assume you would choose to have a crack at life, even if you were dealt a 'poor' hand, ... because you think you could ... MAKE IT.

Or maybe I'm wrong, and you're a pussy who would rather be sliced up and put in a can.
Oh dear... Scott starting life poor?

This is a Blue Springs snob... No doubt, he'd take the knife instead.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Scott loves his $$$, but he's never struck me as a ... pussy, honestly.
So I'm assuming he'd want the crack at life, even if dealt a shit hand.

The next step, of course, is to ask him how he got so high up on his horse that he thinks it's fine and dandy to snuff out someone else's crack at life, as if they wouldn't be as tough, prideful, and ABLE to dig out of a hole as he would be.

The arrogance is unfathomable.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: The arrogance is unfathomable.
Not just arrogance, but self-centered vanity. The guy must've had one way mirrors installed where the windows were in his ivory tower so he could constantly admire himself.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Nishlord wrote:Right, I'm watching this convention on the telly. This woman is RUBBISH. Was it 'Bring Your Baby To Listen To Elderly Morons Cheering At Everything' day?
Go fuck yourself, genesplice. Nobody cares what you think. I'll tell you what to think, and when to think it.

Hockey Mom scored a hat trick.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

KC Scott wrote:OK, anyone else finding this pic kinda fucking surreal?

The only thing i can think of running through McCain's mind must be "You little bastard, if the camera weren't rolling I'd break you like a fucking breadstick"
Scotty, you really got that caption wrong. Try "carry on, my wayward son...there'll be white when we are done;...Karl's got the plan, don't fret...he know's...I'm almost dead... :evil:
Before God was, I am
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

88 wrote:We ought to set up a Jello-wrestling contest between Palin and Michelle Obama.
Rack.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

poptart wrote:The arrogance is unfathomable.
As opposed to Bible-thumping hypocrites trying to get in everyone else's bedroom and public school classroom?

I get where you are coming from, pop, and agree to a certain extent. Just sayin' that knife cuts both ways, when it comes to public policy.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

RadioFan wrote:
poptart wrote:The arrogance is unfathomable.
As opposed to Bible-thumping hypocrites trying to get in everyone else's bedroom and public school classroom?
Who's trying to do that?

ImageImage
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Diogenes wrote:Who's trying to do that?
I wasn't referring to Palin. Just playing devil's advocate in regard to both sides of the abortion argument, in general.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

RadioFan wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Who's trying to do that?
I wasn't referring to Palin. Just playing devil's advocate in regard to both sides of the abortion argument, in general.
Gotcha.

If they're performing abortions in other people's bedrooms and public school classrooms, I'm totally opposed.

ImageImage
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

88 wrote:I have never read the Constitution.
ftfy you white flag waving fuckstain