UCLA vs. Oklahoma

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

The Seer
Just the Facts

UCLA vs. Oklahoma

Post by The Seer »

Can't see a Sooner win, even with the spotty Pac-10 defense at their disposal... A Sooner loss will increase the remarkably already present grumbling re Stoops on the Sooner boards....Maybe if UCLA gets to 10-0 they could get a ranking in the top 25...Look for a large Sooner representation at the Rose Bowl...If UCLA does NOT stack the box with 8 to stop AP and force a gimpy armed QB to beat them, I will run onto the field and strangle Dorrell...Sig bets with any Soonerfan available...Props to both schools for scheduling the game...
E UNUM PLURIBUS
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

the grumbling is less about Stoops than OC Chuck Long (at this point).

i still don't understand why OU plays such crappy pass D on 3rd down--after 3 years of it. OU has put Ty Gunn and Paul Smith on NFL team scouts schedules the last two weeks.

i'm not a sig-bet guy since i guess i'm superstitious--

here's to a good game Seer

Boomer Sooner

hey, Seer, actually you and i finished tied for second in the Shine hoops pick'em year before last when Mook ran away with the yellow jersey.....how about a gentlemenly sig bet about who really won that bad boy second place?
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

That was one of the games I watched (14 hours). The Sooners looked horrible but B Stoops aint going to take a performance like that again (did he cut anybody this week?). Shit, I bet he had a practice 30 min after that game. Also, A Peterson is the best running back in the country. That last td run was sick.....................
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

King Crimson wrote:the grumbling is less about Stoops than OC Chuck Long (at this point).

i still don't understand why OU plays such crappy pass D on 3rd down--after 3 years of it. OU has put Ty Gunn and Paul Smith on NFL team scouts schedules the last two weeks.

i'm not a sig-bet guy since i guess i'm superstitious--

here's to a good game Seer

Boomer Sooner

hey, Seer, actually you and i finished tied for second in the Shine hoops pick'em year before last when Mook ran away with the yellow jersey.....how about a gentlemenly sig bet about who really won that bad boy second place?

You got it.

Mook is a witch.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Snake wrote:That was one of the games I watched (14 hours). The Sooners looked horrible but B Stoops aint going to take a performance like that again (did he cut anybody this week?). Shit, I bet he had a practice 30 min after that game. Also, A Peterson is the best running back in the country. That last td run was sick.....................

I would bet that Mo Drew gets more all purpose yards Saturday that AP. Peterson will no doubt get more rushing yards as OU is one dimensional, whereas UCLA has a diversified offense. Drew's grandfather died of a heart attack during the game in the stands...how much does that suck?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

that's tragic beyond horrible to hear about Drew's G-Dad.

best to the kid.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I hope for your sake our wide receivers don't figure out how to run a route or get open cause I got news for you the QB play wasn't the problem Saturday and I was there, per the norm, to see it in person. Our Oline went from pathetic to gang busters after the three freshman were turned loose in the second half. Tulsa was stacking all 11 men in the damn box for much of the fourth quarterand the frosh coupled with Davin and Chester were making them look like school children.

As for throwing all over us; I hope UCLA learns the dink and dunk this week cause that West coast Bitch go long offense isn't working on us this year. The secondary, with the exception of Jason Carter, is shutting down the long ball for the most part. We are still susceptible to the dink and dunk as I previouskly stated. The sky isn't falling in Norman and if we get legs this week it could be a completly different team out on the Field in the Rose Bowl than the one we saw opening weekend.

I won't go as far as predicting a Sooner win but the attitude of we don't stand a chance that you seem to purvey is far from the case.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Thoughts and prayers to Maurice Drew and his family.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
I won't go as far as predicting a Sooner win but the attitude of we don't stand a chance that you seem to purvey is far from the case.

I never stated OU hasn't a chance. Why would I?
UCLA is the team that lost to Wyoming, remember?
Our best D-lineman is out with an injury.
Our 2nd best D-lineman left the game with a shoulder injury.
We have Karl Dorrell as our coach.
We let scrubs score 21 against us.

According to the latest poll (today) we are only the 35th best team in the nation, compared to OU at 18 - and how can anyone possibly find fault with the polls? :lol:

So you have every opportunity to "right the ship" against another Pac-10 pussy that will cower at the sight of your manly-men and maybe not even play the game...just concede and lose 1-0 by forfeit....maybe......
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Tulsa actually had more yards and first-downs than OU, TULSA. At UCLA this is a very winnable game for the Bruins. Considering the spotty qb-play so far OU will look to bust 'em in the mouth with a lot Peterson. UCLA will be amped as hell for this game but they still need to prove they aren't the same soft underachievers we've come to expect.

This is a hard game to judge, I sure as hell wouldn't bet it. But my best guess is that OU will struggle on O and get outgained again but scabdick out a close win.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Should be a good game, hopefully the Rose Bowl will be packed for this one. T+P to Maurice and his family.

UCLA 27
OU 24
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Danimal, that's just years of OU / Nebbish coming out in you... :D

Personally, I think this game is going to be a blowout. Which team gets blown out, I have no idea...

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

fuck it I'm not giving in.
OU by 10.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

I can't remember the last time I was excited to watch a UCLA game where they weren't playing the Trojans.

I think this could be a good one.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:I can't remember the last time I was excited to watch a UCLA game where they weren't playing the Trojans.

I think this could be a good one.

You somehow forgot to indicate whom you are rooting for.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

I am rooting for the Pac10 :wink:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

OU struggled mightily to beat Tulsa in Norman after Minnesota demolished the same Tulsa team in Tulsa. The "win" confirmed that the loss to TCU was indicative of Oklahoma's abilities rather than a freak upset.

TCU is a decent program. But Tulsa is pretty bad and OU really struggled against them on Saturday.

OU threw ZERO passes in the second half against Tulsa after Bomar went 5-13 42 YDS 2 INTS in the first half. Unless OU finds a passing game in practice this week, UCLA should win the game handily. OU will not be able to beat the Bruins if OU is completely one dimensional on offense.

CFN ranks OU 54th.

fUCLA by 2 or 3 touchdowns.

m2

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

take the points

Nothing cures an struggling offense, like an UCLA defense!
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

I hope for your sake our wide receivers don't figure out how to run a route or get open cause I got news for you the QB play wasn't the problem Saturday and I was there, per the norm, to see it in person.
That is still open for discussion. We don't know if QB play was the problem because your coaches were afraid to call a pass in the second half. And if your OL was playing so well why did it take the whole second half to put away Tulsa?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

If I was forced to bet a couple hundy on this game, my money would be on UCLA. OU has shown nothing on offense that can beat a decent team.

While I wouldn't be surprised to see OU come out and win by 40 points, I wouldn't bet a wooden nickel on them right now.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

If UCLA loses to OK, I will post the rest of the next week with my drawers around my ankles.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

If UCLA loses to OK, I will post the rest of the next week with my drawers around my ankles.....
Cool....can we get a picture?
Hey, hart-Westlake next Friday....are you there?
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Lax tell your life..errr...broadcast partner :roll: to chill the fuck out and stop sounding like a car salesman.

:lol:
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Laxplayer wrote:
Cool....can we get a picture?
Hey, hart-Westlake next Friday....are you there?

Is it at COC? I'm putting the wife on a plane Thursday p.m. to visit her family in Akron. Home alone Friday.... :twisted: ...If I can't conjure up some real mischief, I 'll probably attend...
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Waz
Elwood

Post by Waz »

diT wrote:fuck it I'm not giving in.
OU by 10.
I'm with ya Dave. 13 - 100 will be the margin of victory.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

m2 wrote:
TCU is a decent program.

a decent program doesnt lose to SMU. :?
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Moby Dick wrote:
m2 wrote:
TCU is a decent program.

a decent program doesnt lose to Texas Tech. :?
Fixed.
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Oh shut up Jimmy...we had our 3 best receivers out and we were upset we got passed over for the RB. Oh, and it's because those receivers were out that we gave up 55 points.
Sin,
M2
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:
I hope for your sake our wide receivers don't figure out how to run a route or get open cause I got news for you the QB play wasn't the problem Saturday and I was there, per the norm, to see it in person.
That is still open for discussion. We don't know if QB play was the problem because your coaches were afraid to call a pass in the second half. And if your OL was playing so well why did it take the whole second half to put away Tulsa?
We improved in the 2nd half drastically on the line and we didn't struggle in the 4th quarter when all three frosh made it one the field at the same time. I think our OL is getting pretty revamped from what we thought it would be in August. With the departures it has too.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Moby Dick wrote:
m2 wrote:
TCU is a decent program.

Really?

It does if it beats OU and ends Utah's winning streak.

m2

GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

m2 wrote:
Moby Dick wrote:
m2 wrote:
TCU is a decent program.

Really?

m2
Please. This year's Utah team doesn't come close to last year's. Good win and all but nothing earth-shattering.
FIGHT ON!
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

GreginPG wrote:
m2 wrote:
Moby Dick wrote:
Really?

m2
Please. This year's Utah team doesn't come close to last year's. Good win and all but nothing earth-shattering.
I'm sure we'll hear the same shit in Nov. when you leave Berkeley ... :twisted:

m2

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

OU by 3. Cant see Bob Stopps losing to UCLA.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

m2 wrote:
GreginPG wrote:
m2 wrote: Really?

m2

m2
You're right. Beating Cal won't be earth-shattering either.
FIGHT ON!
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

GreginPG wrote:
m2 wrote:
GreginPG wrote: Please. This year's Utah team doesn't come close to last year's. Good win and all but nothing earth-shattering.

m2
You're right. Beating Cal won't be earth-shattering either.
:Context: isn't taught at a U$C... :lol:

the truth
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Laxplayer wrote:Oh shut up Jimmy...we had our 3 best receivers out and we were upset we got passed over for the RB. Oh, and it's because those receivers were out that we gave up 55 points.
Sin,
M2
Rack. :lol:
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

m2 wrote:I'm sure we'll hear the same shit in Nov. when you leave Berkeley ... :twisted:

m2
Think so? Let Marshawn Lynch know I'm sorry his pussy is too sore to play against Illinois this weekend.

Kal is a three-loss team waiting to happen. And your impending meltdown will be apoc.

Bitch.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

I find "Bob Hope" funny wrote:
Laxplayer wrote:Oh shut up Jimmy...we had our 3 best receivers out and we were upset we got passed over for the RB. Oh, and it's because those receivers were out that we gave up 55 points.
Sin,
M2
Rack. :lol:

the truth
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:
m2 wrote:I'm sure we'll hear the same shit in Nov. when you leave Berkeley ... :twisted:

m2
Think so? Let Marshawn Lynch know I'm sorry his pussy is too sore to play against Illinois this weekend.

Cal is a three-loss team waiting to happen. And your impending meltdown will be apoc.

an $C tard
I've already made this point...

$C won't be one of them...

the truth
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

m2 wrote:
Moby Dick wrote:
m2 wrote:
TCU is a decent program.

Really?

m2

didnt meds edit my post?

just sayin.