Great game OSU

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Great game OSU

Post by Harvdog »

It lived up to its billing. There are few things that I came away with.

1. OSU has a killer defense. Those guys can move.

2. Pick your poison with Vince. Michigan dared him to run and we won. OSU dared him to pass and he did and we won. I don't want to hear any more crap about Vince not being able to throw. He just lit up one of the best secondaries in college football.

3. The shoe was rocking but it didn't have an effect on our team. Say what you will...but Kyle Field is pretty tough to play at too.

4. I cannot wait to play ou.

5. Mack is a big game coach. He did a great job with this game plan. The end result is a victory over the #4 team in the nation at their place in a night game where they were 6-0.

6. You got screwed on 2 account. SI cover jinx and Lee Corso picked OSU to win.

7. I cannot wait til next year in Austin. Y'all come on down and we will have a beer.

Sig to follow.........
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

In...

Major props to mack and the horns...great game...a game of inches...a game of missed opportunities on both sides, but a great game nonetheless...

Vince is as advertised
Texas' D is killer
tOSU's D played a whale of a ball game
tOSU's special teams remain strong

congratulations...Harv, Prime, and especially Vito...i get to wear a sig from vito and from the Texas masses...

pile away!
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Excellent game, although the voice I had up until an hour ago disagrees.

My thoughts;

- Our third down conversion rate was horrible and needs a ton of work.

- Our special teams need a swift kick in the ass as the field position game and the yards returned were unacceptable. It doesn't matter if it's OSU or Baylor. You simply cannot allow a team to start close to midfield every drive.

-To kick that point in the ass, OSU's special teams are fantastic and the D as a whole was one of the best I've seen in a long time.

- OSU's linebackers are outright scary. Strength, speed, field awareness, they have it all.

- Although Vince looked uncomfortable in the pocket, he never lost his cool. If you're doubting his Heisman talk, please take off your blinders.

- The Shoe is simply a badass field. I've almost gone deaf in Kyle Field due to the crowd noise and I'm sure the Shoe had the same affect on many ears this evening.

-OSU is going to shred the Big 10, without a doubt.

- I love Red Stripe beers and the Hook 'Em sign. I loved my voice, and I hope to reunite with it this coming week.

Rack the game and rack the smack all week. Hook 'Em!
Last edited by PrimeX on Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

the only thing I want is for vito to admit that tOSU's defense is NOT FUCKING SLOW...if I get that well i'll be happier...

Again rack you Texas Fuckers (i mean that in a very heartfelt way!)...
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I have never seen white guys run that fast. :wink:
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Great game OSU

Post by Moby Dick »

Harvdog wrote: 4. I cannot wait to play ou.
sincerely,

'00,'01,'02,'03,'04

:lol:
God i wish we were that good again.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Great game. FSU's LB corp is the shit, but OSU's impressed me. AJ Hawk might have won the Butkus tonight.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

I just got back from the Sports bar where I met up with a few exas to take in the game.

Here are my thoughts

1. Melton scored that touchdown, not that it even mattered but in any other league that was a touchdown.

2. Texas showed incredible heart in that last drive.

3. Either the Texas oline and dline are overrated or OSU has a great Oline and Dline as well.

4. OSU's linebackers are fast as greased owl shit. I have never seen Vince bottled up and shut down like they did.

5. tOSU has a hell of a defense, as good if not better than Texas.

6. Hey Mack kick the damn ball out of bounds every time, having the opposing team start at the 35 is a hell of a lot better than mid-field.

7. tOSU is a hell of a team top to bottom, these two teams could play 10 times and I think they would honestly split the games 5 a piece.

8. If Texas does not win a watered down Big 12 then we are officially cursed.

9. If Texas does not beat OU...see #8.

10. Texas has beaten Michigan and OSU in almost what amounts to back to back games. The Texas coaches deserve major props and they deserve for everyone to get off their back cause they are one of the top staffs in the game.

11. AJ Hawk, and Carpenter are two the baddest linebackers I have seen in some time, those two guys were everywhere, not only that but they play extremely smart.

12. Looks like Texas has a receiver after all. Props to Billy Pittman.

13. Mad mad mad props gotta go out to Greg Davis, he called a hell of a game.

14. We beat OU pencil Vince Young in for Heisman #3 for Texas.

15. I never ever ever want to hear anyone say Vince can't throw. cause he proved he could get the job done against a very salty defense.

Thats all I can think of right now.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

PROPS to TEXAS and you Texas Faithful!

Great Game!

its tough being armchair quarterback....and remembering that these are still "kids"....from my MichiganFan Wife.

both sides have reasons about the "why's and what-ifs" of this game...it doesn't matter.

Vince Young is absolutely stellar!

great job by the coaches to have him distribute the ball to the frosh RB and the receivers at crucial times.

i apologize for forgetting the FREAK DE's name...your ATHLETE that has the HUGE Verticle Leap--->he changed the Tone of the Game in the 4th.

BIG Props!

TOUGH Day for the Big 10...period.

everyone will say OVERRATED--->esp. if Purdue goes unbeaten while unchallenged.

rightfully so.

PROPS to TEXAS--->Run the Table and shove your LONGHORNS UP that fucking Horse's ASS in the Rose Bowl!

'nough said

awaiting the Sig
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

So I guess V. Young is the Big 10's daddy.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

The Seer wrote:So I guess V. Young is the Big 10's daddy.
I think Neil Young could be the Big 10's daddy the way they represented this week.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

:lol:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Vito Corleone wrote:

7. tOSU is a hell of a team top to bottom, these two teams could play 10 times and I think they would honestly split the games 5 a piece.
Well thanks for that but with Tressel ball (as much as it has done for us that past four years) it might be more like 7-3 Texas.

Again, an amazing game Texas. I feel a little lost and off balance--an amazing day capped off by the worst 2.5 minutes I can remember in Ohio Stadium.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Rack PrimeX, Vito and Q.

The rest of you can EAD in this thread.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Vito Corleone wrote:4. OSU's linebackers are fast as greased owl shit. I have never seen Vince bottled up and shut down like they did.
I have, a couple of times.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

RadioFan wrote:Rack PrimeX, Vito and Q.

The rest of you can EAD in this thread.
Thanks, I guess
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

RACK TEXAS on an outstanding game. VYoung for heisman. dude took all osu threw at him with style. fucking outstanding. The USC / Texas matchup will be awesome. waiting on my sig. . . .

Hook 'em!
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Harvdog wrote: 5. Mack is a big game coach.......
No offense, but he just raised his record vs top 5 opponents to 2-14. Annointing him with the moniker "big game coach" is way too premature.

Great game though and a huge, huge win. Going to the Shoe and winning is a great win. Props to both teams.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Wow RF didn't read all the posts...EAD??? wtf is that especially since I was the first one to sack up...

the LB Thing is an inside joke with Vito...

fuck off loser

anyway Young is the B10's Daddy if you consider him knocking off 2 of the 3 heavyweights...yeah that's about right Daddy...Props...

Mack has now one two huge games back to back...if Texas can beat OU this year the label will slowly come off and I think Mack will move into that upper echelon...

on bucknuts...Buckeye nation is FLAMING...holy shit...I can't even stomach what they are spewing...the sun came out today didn't it? If the worse thing I have to do is wear a sig...geez no biggie here...

hopefully we roll the B10 get the BCS bid and roll that pussy Va Tech squad...
Snake
Elwood

Post by Snake »

Bucknuts are flaming. Just about every topic is blaming Zwick or Smith or Hamby or JT etc.........It was a great game, this is college football not the pros, your team changes every couple of years. Shit like drops, taking a kickoff and stopping at the goal line then running it out happens. Those guys on the field don't have agents. They don't sit out camp for a bigger contract. They don't whip out sharpies and cells after tds. Thats why its so much better than the pro game..

Again, props to the Horns, they won...........................
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

bucknuts is a homer board. all teams have them. thats why we are still together. we all take our lumps and this is just another one for the buckeye nation. there is always next week.

GO BUCKEYES!!
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

T REX wrote:
No offense, but he just raised his record vs top 5 opponents to 2-14. Annointing him with the moniker "big game coach" is way too premature.

Great game though and a huge, huge win. Going to the Shoe and winning is a great win. Props to both teams.
Well 2-14 (I would point out is wrong but your too stpuid to understand) is still better than 0-0. Which is what Meyer is right now.

BTW should I point out to you that Dr Tom Osborne did not have a great record against top 10 opponents in the 80's but put it all together in the mid-90's to make Nebraska one of the greatest teams in college football.

So far Meyers had beaten two teams that would probably get rolled by Baylor and you act like Florida is back. Talk to me about Florida when they beat a team with a pulse. Talk about Mack when Meyer wins his first big game. And no beating a shitty Big East team in the Fiesta bowl is not a big game.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Vito Corleone wrote:
T REX wrote:

Well 2-14 (I would point out is wrong but your too stpuid to understand) is still better than 0-0. Which is what Meyer is right now.

BTW should I point out to you that Dr Tom Osborne did not have a great record against top 10 opponents in the 80's but put it all together in the mid-90's to make Nebraska one of the greatest teams in college football.

So far Meyers had beaten two teams that would probably get rolled by Baylor and you act like Florida is back. Talk to me about Florida when they beat a team with a pulse. Talk about Mack when Meyer wins his first big game. And no beating a shitty Big East team in the Fiesta bowl is not a big game.
Excuse me????? Where did I "act" like UF is back? If its wrong, correct me. I have no problem with getting up-to-date info or being corrected. So, please.......show me that 3-12 record or whatever funny shit you are going to roll out with.

Now, UT is the Big Red Machine? Young is Frazier?

I never said UF is/was back. Only time will tell us that. You had a great win, ease up on the holier-than-thou attitude. You are still Texas. Thanks.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Snake wrote:Bucknuts are flaming. Just about every topic is blaming Zwick or Smith or Hamby or JT etc.........It was a great game, this is college football not the pros, your team changes every couple of years. Shit like drops, taking a kickoff and stopping at the goal line then running it out happens. Those guys on the field don't have agents. They don't sit out camp for a bigger contract. They don't whip out sharpies and cells after tds. Thats why its so much better than the pro game..

Again, props to the Horns, they won...........................
I try to avoid all longhorn boards after a loss, those guys get personal and really nasty. For all the reasons you listed are the same reasons why I haven't watched an NFL game since the Oilers left Houston. But College football is so emotional that after a big win or a big loss people forget that they need to turn the emotion off. Texas fans are as guilty of this as anyone, probably more so.

Now I have to admit that it is funny has hell the melt down that has taken place on texags.com

Those guys are just now coming to grips with the reality that Texas and Vince Young are light years ahead of them. They are even admitting that Vince is better than Reggie. As you can probably guess this is very painful for them, but in the end they will probably put their blinders on and just say that OSU was overrated.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

A late RACK to Texas and Longhorn fan. What a fucking day 9/10/05 was. Other than the result of the game, I had a fucking blast. Props to your fans, Vito/Harv/Prime. I met some of the nicest people last Saturday and almost all of them were wearing orange. Can't wait for the trip to Austin next year. I am going to make it happen.

Quick thoughts besides the ones mentioned above. Pete or _sc mentioned not too long ago how in watching the '03 Fiesta Bowl over again, it's truly amazing to see how much talent was on the field that night. I think the same can be said for last Saturday's matchup between the Bucks and the Horns. So many athletes on the field at once-- fucking amazing. You gotta give the "experts" some credit on ranking those '02 recruiting classes.

For an early season game, this was supposed to be a national championship-caliber game, and it certainly lived up to the billing. For as much shit as Tressel takes for playing it conservative, I've gotta give the guy credit. His teams continue to play with heart, they never give up. If I have to travel 2,000+ miles to watch my team lose, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Again, RACK Texas-- its players, coaches, and fans. What a great day to be a college football fan. I will not forget it.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield