Pick'em Games Week 1 Results

A forum for Shine to shine.

Moderators: Shine, indyfrisco

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Pick'em Games Week 1 Results

Post by indyfrisco »

Week 1 Results are in. Shaz wins week 1 with 8.5 correct picks. Anyone stupid enough to pick the LSU game was given 1/2 a point due to the cancellation. Even without this half point, Shaz would have won due to the variation. Finally...we can have a season without listening to Shaz bitch about us not including everyone in the finals. :)

Here's the results. I will keep this somewhat simple from now on by only posting the week's results along with the finalists and season results. No more weekly scores since no one really looks at those anyways I bet.

Week 1 Results (same as season for now, duh)

Finalists

Week 1 Scores
Last edited by indyfrisco on Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

not so dumb if that 1/2 point gets you into the finals... :lol:
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Variation? whats this more UBB code crap?
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:not so dumb if that 1/2 point gets you into the finals... :lol:
buckeye_in_sc 5.5 1 55%

You gotta long way to go, my friend.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^

yeah yeah...been in the finals 2 out of the last 3 years...I am confident...well hopefully i can get to 3/4...
Shine
Leads all Lists

Re: Pick'em Games Week 1 Results

Post by Shine »

IndyFrisco wrote:No more weekly scores since no one really looks at those anyways I bet.
FWIW (and I know that's very little), I do.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Very well.

I've put the scores link in the first message. I guess it can also help you look at the scores as I input them if you question one of the tallies I give you.

Anyone still ever look at the # of games picked?
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

It still amazes me when I look at the picks and a bunch of people miss the "gimme" clerical errors. Maryland an 11 point dog to Navy? Mizzou a 26 point dog to Arkansas St.??? Anybody who didn't pick that Mizzou game shouldn't even get to participate for the rest of the season.
"Keys, woman!"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i thought getting 1.5 points with Clemson was a gift.

Getting points from any team that dave wannestat coaches was a gift also. He's taking a team who could pass the ball, and changing them into a power running team! buwahahaha congrats Pitt!

Taking tenn and their anemic offense was a assanine move on my part!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

What a hideous week of picks...I'll get better as the season rolls along.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Shaz? Where the fukk did he come from? Just posting in the pick 'em, not on the regular board?

Sup wit dat?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

one sticker dude has been incognito for fear off the pickem ass whipping that awaits him. Allowing him to win this week is all part of my master plan to leave him crushed and humiliated by seasons end 8)
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Shaz
Mad BANK

Post by Shaz »

Once again I have been at my summer camp only to return to see my Huskers post 2.9 yards per rush vs. MAINE.
What the hell do you want me to say.
Huskers are #1?
The Big 12 rules?
The Pac 10 is inferior?

Hell people I am out of material.
And wouldn't you know it, the second I don't have a damn thing to say, I win the pick-em contest.

Props to me and I will see you bitches during the bowl season when my 7-5 Huskers take on some 8-4 Big East team in the "Who gives a CRAP" bowl.

Call me in two years when either the Huskers are good or they have a new head coach. Till then I have to rely on the Sooners and Longhorns to uphold the pride of the Big 12............screw it, I'm OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2005 mythical recruiting champion
EAT THAT UT!!!!
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Re: Pick'em Games Week 1 Results

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

IndyFrisco wrote:Week 1 Results are in. Shaz wins week 1 with 8.5 correct picks. Anyone stupid enough to pick the LSU game was given 1/2 a point due to the cancellation.
I wuz robbed. :lol:

Yeah, I know I'm leading the standings for an at-large berth in the finals right now. That and $4.00 will get me a gallon of gasoline.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:It still amazes me when I look at the picks and a bunch of people miss the "gimme" clerical errors. Maryland an 11 point dog to Navy? Mizzou a 26 point dog to Arkansas St.??? Anybody who didn't pick that Mizzou game shouldn't even get to participate for the rest of the season.
I glossed over the Mizzou game at first, thinking they were 26 point favorites. Against Arkansas State, that would have been a hint and a half to stay the fuck away from that one. After I read the line a bit more closely, though, and saw Mizzou getting 26, I knew that pick was a gimme.

Maryland was getting 8, not 11, against Navy, and I'm not so sure that was a typo. Based on last year it probably wasn't. I didn't know enough about either team this year to feel comfortable picking that game.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Lefty and I discussed the Mizzou/Arkansas St. game. He said he saw it on two different sites that Ark St. was the fave. I looked at a different site and saw Mizzou was the fave and meant to change it, but I forgot. Once people start making picks based on the mistake, I leave it.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

IndyFrisco wrote:Lefty and I discussed the Mizzou/Arkansas St. game. He said he saw it on two different sites that Ark St. was the fave. I looked at a different site and saw Mizzou was the fave and meant to change it, but I forgot. Once people start making picks based on the mistake, I leave it.
I thought there was something fishy with those spreads so I just stayed the hell away from them.

Didn't seem to hurt me too much though from the looks of my score :D.

Damn CU you had to use clerical errors and still couldn't top my score and your talking shit about those of us who didn't have to use a screw up to gain an upper hand. :roll:

I also meant to change that LSU game but I spent most of my time on the road Thursday and Friday and it slipped my mind when I finally got into OKC Friday afternoon. :oops: It ended up costing me points though cause I was going to switch to taking tOSU and never did :(.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

IndyFrisco wrote:Lefty and I discussed the Mizzou/Arkansas St. game. He said he saw it on two different sites that Ark St. was the fave. I looked at a different site and saw Mizzou was the fave and meant to change it, but I forgot. Once people start making picks based on the mistake, I leave it.
It just so happens that Missouri State played The University of Arkansas that same day...and Arkansas was favored to win by about 26 points.

I think that's your answer.