An Ode to One of the Greatest Raider QB's ever..........

The best of the best
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Cuda wrote:I mean for all the stats the guy rang up, he & all his teams were still fucking LOSERS.

Being a persistent loser with longevity gets you in the hall of fame?
Although the 6-3, 204-pounder battled injuries for much of his career, he played a major role in transforming the Chargers from also-rans to AFC Western division champions in 1979, 1980 and 1981. While he never led his team to a Super Bowl, Fouts nevertheless won widespread acclaim as one of the truly outstanding passers of his era.
http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/membe ... ayer_id=71

That and 43,000 yards.

Are you old enough to have seen the guy play? Those San Diego teams were hella fun to watch, and mosty because of Fouts.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Cuda wrote:Make up your mind, Monica.

You can't say that because its a team sport, Fouts isn't responsible for the Chargers being losers and then say Fouts, as an individual can't be considered a loser.

Fouts was the LEADER of his team- the fact that all his teams were losers is relevant to his individual achievements- or lack thereof.
No, Don Coryell was the leader of the team. Fouts was Coryell's offensive leader. As such, Fouts record was better than all but a handfull of men to have ever played the game. That's why he's in the Hall of Fame.

The reason the Chargers never got closer than a beating in an AFC Championship Game to a title is simple. The Chargers defense sucked ass.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Fouts ran circles around Gannon. If Gannon was that good he would have been a starter for more than 4-5 years.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

BSmack wrote:No, Don Coryell was the leader of the team.
What position did he play?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

RadioFan wrote:
Those San Diego teams were hella fun to watch, and mosty because of Fouts.
RACK-Air Coryell.......

lots-o-fun unless your's was the team the Blots were playing against
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Cuda wrote:
BSmack wrote:No, Don Coryell was the leader of the team.
What position did he play?
You really don't know a damn thing about football do you?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

I know what position Coryell didn't play for the Chargers- which is apparently more than you know
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Cuda wrote:I know what position Coryell didn't play for the Chargers- which is apparently more than you know
Well???

Are you going to explain how Fouts defensive play hurt the Chargers?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

No.

I'm still waiting for you to further make an ass out of yourself re: Don Croyell
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Cuda wrote:No. I know nothing about football
Got it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

BSmack wrote:
Cuda wrote:No. Feel free to continue looking stupid, though
Got it.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Damn, Coodes, way to fuck up a fun thread. Or is that IB with the Cuda password?
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Cuda wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Cuda wrote:No. Feel free to continue looking stupid, though
Got it.
I see all you have left is to spin around in circles. That's cool. Every board needs its tards.

While you're in hot pursuit of your tail, chew on this. Fouts retired with over 40,000 yards passing and 254 TD passes. I don't care what planet you cohabitate with your male significant other on, those are HoF numbers.

Can you name a Chargers defender from the same time worthy of HoF consideration?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

BSmack wrote:
Cuda wrote:
BSmack wrote: Got it.
Fouts retired with over 40,000 yards passing and 254 TD passes.
And ZERO league titles- ZERO Super Bowl apperances. Which still makes him, despite all his stats,... what's the word I'm looking for? ... Oh, right... LOSER- that's the word!

Can you name a Chargers defender from the same time worthy of HoF consideration?
There's no Charger defensive player of ANY time worthy of the hall of fame, imo, although I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll be able to find one, since by your standards, being a fucking LOSER is not a disqualifier for the hall of fame.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Oh, and fuck off, roz. The Donkeys may end up 2nd or 3rd in the AFC West, but they'll still stomp the Tejans this Saturday PM
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Hey dipshit why don't you go back to the sewer where you belong.

The NFL isn't golf or horseshoes......MORON.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Joe in PB wrote:Hey dipshit why don't you go back to the sewer where you belong.

Nice to see you shotgunning bowls as usual from your 50 foot graphix bong before slamming submit, spicolli.

Fucking Wastoid.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

rozy wrote:Damn, Coodes, way to fuck up a fun thread. Or is that IB with the Cuda password?
Shutup bitch.

You ever going to have a football take you mushroom massaging sackhuffer?

Fucking Texas faggot.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Raydah James wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:Hey dipshit why don't you go back to the sewer where you belong.

Nice to see you shotgunning bowls as usual from your 50 foot graphix bong before slamming submit, spicolli.

Fucking Wastoid.

Considering your head is never above crotch level RayDuhJane, I guess it's not surprising that comment went over your head.
Last edited by Joe in PB on Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dan Farts had Hall of Famer Charlie Joiner as one of his targets.

He also had (some will say) the greatest TE ever as another target, Kellen Winslow.

Wes Chandler was pretty damn good receiver. Remember him? 4-time pro-bowler.

John Jefferson? 4-time pro-bowler.

Chuck Muncie. 3-time pro-bowler

Oh yeah, Dan Farts has NO team surrounding him at all. :roll:
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Yet Fouts still couldn't do what that fatassed Humphries did
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Raydah James wrote:
rozy wrote:Damn, Coodes, way to fuck up a fun thread. Or is that IB with the Cuda password?
Shutup bitch.

You ever going to have a football take you mushroom massaging sackhuffer?

Fucking Texas faggot.
When I do, I can promise you it won't bear any resemblance to "Ode to an Average Journeyman QB Squirrel that Found a 4 Year Nut and Couldn't Take it to the Promised Land With 2 HOF Receivers to Throw to and a Faggoty Parted Down the Middle Like the Red Sea Hairdo" thread such as this travesty. I mean the opening salvo was brilliant. Did you type it out with your Porcupine Locks?

Stick to trolling weak-minded Donc fans you fucking SoCal Metrofairie.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:What positions did those guys play on defense?
If Farts hadn't been blessed to be surrounded by talent like that his team would have routinely been whipped 54-17 instead of winning 37-34 nailbiters.

He's no Peyton Manning.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

poptart wrote: He's no Peyton Manning.
Marvin Harrison
Brandon Stokely
Edgerrin James

What's your point? Is this equal opportunity BLAST ignorant RaiderFan day?

I mean seriously, you semen swillers have spent the better part of 2 pages trying to substantiate a claim of Gannon being better than Fouts and the best you can come up with is a Cuda defense.

Khan, I'm laughing at the inferior intellect.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Common' Rich Gannon is the king of the two yard completion.

FUCKIN PUSSY.

Sincerely,

Al Davis
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Cuda wrote:
And ZERO league titles- ZERO Super Bowl apperances. Which still makes him, despite all his stats,... what's the word I'm looking for? ... Oh, right... LOSER- that's the word!
So Coods are you campaigning to have Fouts removed from the HOF or what--I'm trying to see the point you're arguing here.........
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:If Farts hadn't been blessed to be surrounded by talent like that his team would have routinely been whipped 54-17 instead of winning 37-34 nailbiters.
What does that have to do with anything? BSmack very clearly stated that the defense let that team down.
The defense did let those teams down.

The SD offense is what won for those teams, and Farts played a big role in that, but if you're honest you'll agree that he was blessed with some DAMN good skill players to work with.

Dan Marino might have gotten over the hump with that cast, for instance.

Not Grizzly Farts though.

I never said Gannon is better, roz.

I'm saying Dan Farts is a bit overrated by a lot of folks.

Gannon is closer than Blot fan wants to admit.

I put up some stats earlier.
Last edited by poptart on Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

rozy wrote:
poptart wrote: He's no Peyton Manning.
Marvin Harrison
Brandon Stokely
Edgerrin James
Tchhh...you neglected to add Reggie Wayne.
Is this equal opportunity BLAST ignorant RaiderFan day?
It's always that day. :lol:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

my bad........
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:
Gannon is closer than Blot fan wants to admit.
He's as close as he's ever going to get right now tart.......

Not enough good years.....
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

mvscal wrote:Yeah, maybe Marino, but Marino was a freak of nature. There aren't many other QBs in the hall without a solid supporting cast around them.
Both Plunkett and Stabler were better than that LOSER Marino.

-- RaiderFan.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

War Wagon wrote: Tchhh...you neglected to add Reggie Wayne.
I knew when I did it, I just couldn't remember the name, but didn't need it to make the point.

Bradshaw had Swann and Stallworth
Montana and Young had Rice and Taylor
Kelly had Reed and Beebe
Warner had Bruce and Holt
etc, etc, etc

The "look who they had to throw to" defense has never been anything but vaccuous.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Cuda wrote:Oh, and fuck off, roz. The Donkeys may end up 2nd or 3rd in the AFC West, but they'll still stomp the Tejans this Saturday PM

...and since I missed this gem earlier, you go ahead and get pumped up about a pre-season game, there Donc-fan. :lol:
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

RadioFan wrote:
mvscal wrote:Yeah, maybe Marino, but Marino was a freak of nature. There aren't many other QBs in the hall without a solid supporting cast around them.
Both Plunkett and Stabler were better than that LOSER Marino.

-- RaiderFan.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RACK
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
Raydah James wrote:
RadioFan wrote: Both Plunkett and Stabler were better than that LOSER Marino.

-- RaiderFan.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RACK
JESUS CHRIST Jamika, do you even realize you just got CLOWNED?

Umm, RACK RF! :lol:
Good grief, you're stupid. The oldest and best trolls will always give deserved props in the heat of battle, dumbass. It's the Johnny-come-toofastly dipshit noobs of the last couple years that have succumbed to the "claim Bode no matter what" shit that is choking the life out of these boards. Fuck off.

Oh, and since a little birdy told me you are a Warner fan, for primarily religious reasons, why would you bring JC into this in the manner and context that you did, hypocrite?
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

rozy wrote:
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Raydah James wrote:
rozy wrote:
rozy's on steroids??? :shock:

sincerley,

KCPaul

m2
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

rozy wrote:
Good grief, you're stupid. The oldest and best trolls will always give deserved props in the heat of battle, dumbass. It's the Johnny-come-toofastly dipshit noobs of the last couple years that have succumbed to the "claim Bode no matter what" shit that is choking the life out of these boards. Fuck off.
Wrong. Paul caught James with his pants down and rightly pounced. If you didn't catch it, maybe you're not all that sharp of a tool that you think you'd like to be. Next time James catches Paul with his pants down, he'll pounce as well.

Homerun my ass, you totally whiffed.

Lastly, say what you will about Paul (and I've said some things) he's definitely not a troll or a newbie.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Raydah James wrote:
rozy wrote:
Btw, Paul, I think I saw you at Arrowhead last season. See, KCFan was relentless in giving OpponentFan nonstop shit and taunts during the game. I saw KCFan buying OpponentFan a beer at halftime and shaking his hand for driving hundreds or even thousands of miles just to see his team play amid a sea of enemy. You were the one giving shit to fellow KCFan for buying OpponentFan a beer at halftime.

Dumbass.

Rack Rozy and RJ.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:Dan Farts had Hall of Famer Charlie Joiner as one of his targets.

He also had (some will say) the greatest TE ever as another target, Kellen Winslow.

Wes Chandler was pretty damn good receiver. Remember him? 4-time pro-bowler.

John Jefferson? 4-time pro-bowler.

Chuck Muncie. 3-time pro-bowler

Oh yeah, Dan Farts has NO team surrounding him at all. :roll:
Thank you Tart. Without that post we might have never known that great QBs often have great offensive skill position players on their teams.

Now if you could perhaps elaborate as to how this makes Fouts different from every other great QB?
Last edited by BSmack on Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown