NCAA bans 'abusive' nicknames from postseason

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

NCAA bans 'abusive' nicknames from postseason

Post by Mr T »

CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

What abunch of bullshit. Fuck political correctness and fuck people making a big deal out of a name. I am glad FSU is going to persue legal action on this shit.

T.K. Wetherell fires back at the NCAA
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Local sports talk radio has been all over this story today.

Can the NCAA possibly be any more fucking stupid?
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Fucking sucks. But they arent outlawing the name, but just in postseason contests. Is that right?
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Yeah cicero. You cant have logo on your uniforms during postseason play.

Fuck it. I say FSU dresses in all white and calls themselves the Crackers during postseason play.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Re: NCAA bans 'abusive' nicknames from postseason

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

RACK the FUCK out of Wetherell and that blast.

:bode:
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

so they won't agree to a playoff but this shit? give me a fucking break...

so they will cost themselves and the schools some marketing exposure and a big fat kick in the nuts to tradition...

I can see it now FSU is playing Illinois...

one in orange one in white...

great...

fuck off NCAA...you fuckers are ruining one of the last great things on this planet...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

what exactly constitutes a name as "hostile" or "abusive"?

I mean all mascot names are hostile, the Trojans and Spartans were very hostile? what about names like the Red Raiders or the JayHawks, those werent polite people that those schools are named after. San Diego States teams are called the Aztecs, thats a "Native Mexican" name, is it on the ban list as well? or what about the Rainbow Warriors at Hawai'i thats a native group of hostiles. Whats next are the gay pride organizations going to call out Oregn State for their abusive and hostile name?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I am a card carrying member of the Choctaw tribe and my mother is full blooded Choctaw and I personally find this ludicrous and laughable that that anyone would find it offensive for a mascot, which is centered around the spirit of an institution, to be offensive.

You touchy feely liberal crackers need to get a grip and quit telling us what we find demeaning and offensive. Jesus don't people have better things to do with their time?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

while theyre discussing offensive, anyone who's family was screwed over in the land rush of 1889 by cheaters who marked off their property before noon on April 22nd, may take offense to the Sooners mascot
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Anyone else find this amusing?
The committee also recommended that schools follow the examples of Wisconsin and Iowa by refusing to schedule contests against schools that use American Indian nicknames...Eighteen mascots, including...Illinois' Illini, were on the list of offenders.
Funny, I seem to remember Iowa and Wiscy playing the Illini damn near every year in football and certainly every year in basketball. What the hell kind of example are the setting when they don't even follow it?

Nole Fan's let me know where I can send a contribution to the Seminole nickname legal defense fund.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

RadioFan wrote:Can the NCAA possibly be any more fucking stupid?
Give it some time and I am sure they can surpass today's lunacy.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

It's about time that the NCAA concentrated on important issues like this... :wink:
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Liberals will rush to the defense of the NCAA. This is just the kind of decision they'll be happy with.

-- You know who.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Recent Quotes from the issue that I have enjoyed:
Max Osceola, a member of the tribal council, said: "Is the NCAA going to make Notre Dame go ask every Irishman if it's OK to use the name Fighting Irish?"
Osceola said the Seminole Tribe of Florida disagrees with the NCAA's decision and determination that FSU's nickname and symbols are "hostile and abusive." Osceola was also concerned that his tribe was not approached by the NCAA regarding the matter.

"It's like history - they left the natives out," Osceola said. "They have non-natives telling natives what's good for them or how they should use their name. You have a committee made up of non-natives telling people that they can not use a native name when you have a native tribe - a tribal government, duly elected and constituted - that said they agree with Florida State.

Left, here is a link to a thread with contact numbers:
Important contact numbers on the Mascot issue
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

RadioFan wrote:Liberals will rush to the defense of the NCAA. This is just the kind of decision they'll be happy with.

-- You know who.
So do you think conservatives were behind the passing of this issue?

Fuck both liberal and conservatives, this is fucking football get this political bullshit the fuck out of here.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

I'll include the sarcasm tags next time.

And hate to break it to you, but this is a political issue. It's about a bunch of hang-wringing out-of-touch administrators and athletic directors trying to "do the right thing." And the way they are going about it is completely asinine.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Its crap like this that makes me want to kill spotted Owls
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Vito Corleone wrote:Its crap like this that makes me want to kill spotted Owls
makes me want to leave the owls alone and instead just kill all the self serving assholes who think they know whats good for everyone else.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

?

Post by bradhusker »

you are correct, this is another shifty eyed liberal, a sick twisted liberal fucker who is sending us right down the toilet, the nickname "seminoles" does not mean anything hostile or wrong, its simply a name, let me give you another example of liberal cocksucking fools,

the aclu lawyers sue a department store for displaying the banner, "merry christmas", am I dreaming? can this be possible?
ANYONE who finds it offensive for a store to display a banner saying "merry christmas", should be thrown out of this great country,
furthermore, if you bring a lawsuit against a store for displaying such a wonderful banner, you should be forced to undergo serious psycholgical evaluations, until you learn to be normal,
same thing with nicknames of sports teams, if a sicko liberal weasel tries to ban the name seminoles, that sicko needs to undergo exams for mental health,

I have zero tolerance for liberals who are so twisted, that they bring lawsuit after lawsuit, trying to ruin this once great country, I dont know about you, but if someone tells me that they find the words, "merry christmas" offensive, I fell like seriously doing some damage to their face with my fists, thats how mad I get at what liberals are doing to this great country,
anyone else feel strongly about what liberals are doing? please feel free to join me on this, because I have no tolerance for it, its funny really, for years, liberals accused conservatives for being intolerant, ie. the gay issues, HOWEVER, we have found out who really is intolerant, its liberals, when the aclu brought that lawsuit about the merry christmas banner being displayed, that clearly showed a gross intolerance, and clearly demonstrates the danger of the liberal movement, it has no place in this country,
:evil:
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Mr. T, your thoughts about that rant? :lol:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

I don't really see how most of those names are offensive, but give me a break with the Southeastern Oklahoma State Savages. The fucking Savages? Are you kidding me? I don't consider myself a bleeding heart liberal, but how can a name like that not offend Native Americans?
"Keys, woman!"
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

RadioFan wrote: And hate to break it to you, but this is a political issue.
Yes only because they brought politics into football.

As I said before:
Fuck both liberal and conservatives, this is fucking football get this political bullshit the fuck out of here.
It's about a bunch of hang-wringing out-of-touch administrators and athletic directors trying to "do the right thing." And the way they are going about it is completely asinine.
I agree with you completely and fuck the NCAA.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

RadioFan wrote:Mr. T, your thoughts about that rant? :lol:
I dont know how Brad went from Seminoles to Christmas to Homosexuals but I agree with the first sentence.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:I don't really see how most of those names are offensive, but give me a break with the Southeastern Oklahoma State Savages. The fucking Savages? Are you kidding me? I don't consider myself a bleeding heart liberal, but how can a name like that not offend Native Americans?
Mike, I agree with you completely. All the other names are offensive. The Fighting Illini and Sioux, Savages, Redmen, Redskins, Indians, Warriors, and Braves. Get rid of those fucking names but the only fucking way I see the Seminoles as an offensive name is if you are a fucking racist cunt.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Vito Corleone wrote:Its crap like this that makes me want to kill spotted Owls
Not if he gets to you first.

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

brad,

merry fuckin christmas

:brad:
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:I don't really see how most of those names are offensive, but give me a break with the Southeastern Oklahoma State Savages. The fucking Savages? Are you kidding me? I don't consider myself a bleeding heart liberal, but how can a name like that not offend Native Americans?
Water off my back and I am Native American. These people (and Mike) should have something better to do than worry about wat should and should ot offend me and my family. Get a clue or a life if this is an issue that really concerns you.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Recently T.K. was on Sports talk live with others. Here is a link to the rundown of the quotes:
Warchant

My favorite quote:
"I think it's a first major step...outstanding decision to help eliminate this last bastion of racism in America today," David Narcomey, Seminole Nation of Oklahoma, on NCAA's ruling.

This is funny coming from a racist prick as himself. A couple of links about the racist Seminole Nation of Oklahoma:
The Seminole Tribe, Running From History
Black Seminoles in Oklahoma fight for equal rights in tribe - Newsmakers

I find it hilarious that the NCAA only contacted the racist fucks from Oklahoma and not the Seminoles down in Florida.

Fuck you NCAA and Fuck you Seminole Nation of Oklahoma. Y'all are both a bunch of fucking racist assholes.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Mr T wrote:
RadioFan wrote:Mr. T, your thoughts about that rant? :lol:
I dont know how Brad went from Seminoles to Christmas to Homosexuals but I agree with the first sentence.
Most of the administrators and pencil-pushers on this NCAA committee are active in their respective Rotary Clubs and chambers of commerce ... hardly bastions of liberal ideology. In this particular and inconsistant lunacy, they have adopted an uber-PC approach, but only for certain schools.

Hell, even the name "Redmen" is inconsistant in their own moronic decision -- Northeastern State University in Oklahoma wasn't included on "the list," while Carthage College in Kenosha, Wis. was included. Both use the nicname "Redmen."

Oh ... but ask them about a college football playoff and see how fast the "conservative" element among these fucking douchebags kicks in.

Btw, Rack PSUFAN

:brad: <--- never gets old, especially when the troll chimes in.
Last edited by RadioFan on Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

I think it's a major first step to help eliminate the most irrelevant orgainzation in college athletics: the NCAA.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..