Who are some of the sleepers on your teams?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Who are some of the sleepers on your teams?

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Meaning outside of the knowns (in tOSU's case Ginn, Holmes, Hawk, etc) who is the sleeper that could help propel your squad?

For tOSU I would say Marcel Frost - converted DE to TE...tall, quick, good hands and can stretch the defense...if they can find a way to utilize him WOW!

Marcus Freeman - Back up LB...going to be hard to get PT, but if he does watch out...sophmore who graduated early last year and has been in the system...

Dionte Johnson - FB...played as a frosh last year, but dude hits like a truck and is KEY to the running game along with the OL...if he can block well and make the most of a few carriers he could really help the offense immensely...

let's hear them...
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

I suspect nationally not much is thought of RB Cory Ross. Reminds me of Quintin Griffin with a little more bulk. He'll be effective out of the backfield running and recieving if NU can get a legitiment QB for Callahan's offense. One that can go through his progressions and deliver the ball on time. (Zac Taylor). Beck will play but a true frosh will struggle for sure.

Actually NU will be as deep as ever at RB with Soph. Brandon Jackson in short yardage and incoming Frosh Marlon Lucky, Leon Jackson and Cody Glenn (a bruiser in a year or two.)

Same holds true for WR Terrance Nunn. Kid's got talent. Needs a QB.

Defensively DB Zack Bowman and LB Steve Octavian.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Kimerion Wimbley at DE. He was voted Most Dominant Player of the Spring and I am looking for a 10+ sack season out of him.

Chris Davis at WR. He has bulked up to 180 and is lightning quick. He is only about 5'10, but he has Peter Warrick-like cuts.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Re: Who are some of the sleepers on your teams?

Post by L45B »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Meaning outside of the knowns (in tOSU's case Ginn, Holmes, Hawk, etc) who is the sleeper that could help propel your squad?

For tOSU I would say Marcel Frost - converted DE to TE...tall, quick, good hands and can stretch the defense...if they can find a way to utilize him WOW!

Marcus Freeman - Back up LB...going to be hard to get PT, but if he does watch out...sophmore who graduated early last year and has been in the system...

Dionte Johnson - FB...played as a frosh last year, but dude hits like a truck and is KEY to the running game along with the OL...if he can block well and make the most of a few carriers he could really help the offense immensely...

let's hear them...
For OSU, I'd like to note that if Tressel really gets pass-happy and teams start doubling up on Ginn & Holmes, we got a couple other receivers who will do damage. Anthony Gonzales (#11) came on strong at the end of last season-- not a speedster, but runs great routes and knows how to get open (see Michigan game last year). Also, Albert Dukes (#5) has allegedly been on fire in 7-on-7 drills this summer. He's a burner. I'll throw Devon Lyons' (#18) name in there as well.
Last edited by L45B on Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Cicero wrote:Kamerion Wimbley at DE. He was voted Most Dominant Player of the Spring and I am looking for a 10+ sack season out of him.

Chris Davis at WR. He has bulked up to 180 and is lightning quick. He is only about 5'10, but he has Peter Warrick-like cuts.

FTFY

Brodrick Bunkley at DT will surprise a lot of people if he isn't to dumb to see the field.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Lance...agreed on the wr's...

Chief...what no stud LB's???? :P
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

b_i_s,

Buster, Sims, and A.J. arent sleepers. They are a fucking wrecking crew.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

T - Chief and I have a good natured ribbing contest about our starting LB's which some tout tOSU's to be the best in the nation...

i was poking fun at Chief to name his sleeper LB's that might get some action...

too bad we couldn't line up

Buster (fucker should have gone to tOSU), Sims, and A.J.

vs

Bobby, Anthony, and the REAL AJ and have them hit the shit out of each other...some huge damage to be done there...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Tim Jones - DL (decision on T or E will come before the season starts)
Stephen Nicholas - LB
Andre Hall - RB
Carlton Hill - QB (might play WR if Denson wins starting job. Too much talent for him to be sitting on the bench)
Dreams......Temporary Madness
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:T - Chief and I have a good natured ribbing contest about our starting LB's which some tout tOSU's to be the best in the nation...

i was poking fun at Chief to name his sleeper LB's that might get some action...

too bad we couldn't line up

Buster (fucker should have gone to tOSU), Sims, and A.J.

vs

Bobby, Anthony, and the REAL AJ and have them hit the shit out of each other...some huge damage to be done there...
Right on man. That game would nice, I guess we'll just see you in the Rose bowl :lol:
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Jeff Schweiger, Chris Barret, Lawrence Jackson, Keith Rivers, Brandon Hancock if he can stay healthy, Scott Ware
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Rufus Alexander
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Yeaaah, this is my nooka Rufus.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

UCLA Bruins

Micheal Pitre - Fullback, soph

Chris Markey - Tailback, soph

Bruce Davis - OLB, soph
E UNUM PLURIBUS
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

BranDon Snow - FB
Tamba Hali - DE
Terrell Golden - WR
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

I'd love for it to be Chijoke Onyenagecha....but i'll take a wait and see on that one.

Like to see JD Runnels get a few totes on misdirection--hard to believe he's already a senior. kid's been a helluva Sooner--and not for a late offer, JD was headed to College Station.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

(J.C.)JR, WR - James Finley - Big time recruit coming out of high school, had his test scores challenged and was forced to go the J.C. route. Ended up at Oregon after a great J.C. career. Good Size, Strength and ability. Could be that physical reciever we haven't had for quite awhile.

(rs)FR, DB - Patrick Chung - The biggest (positive) suprise of the Spring. Chung really stepped up and may take a starting job away from somebody.

(rs)FR, RB - Terrell Jackson - With a returning 1000 yard rusher and the nation's top High school recruit coming in, T.J. could easily get lost in the mix. But if this kid sees the field, watch out.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Jason Carter will have a huge year for A&M.

I also see Martellus Bennet being an impact player. We'll be burning his redshirt because he's all about getting paid. We'll have him for only 3 years unless his basketball career takes off earlier.

Jaxon Appel will be an All American safety. I'm just hoping this year he doesn't lead the team in tackles. I'm hoping a LB or even better a DE does.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

watched Terrell Jackson play in high school for 3 years, that kid was amazing
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

For Texas I would say

1. Jordan Shipley - was head and shoulders the best receiver last season until he injured his knee. Word is he is now 100% and is again the best receiver on the team. I expect him to lead the team in receptions and yards.

2. Robert Killebrew - has really big shoes to fill replacing DJ, he ain't no DJ but he is damn good. His big problem is controling his emotions.

3. Eric Foreman - Smart kid, but a dumbass, he gave up his starting SAM spot last season to try and play QB. Him not being the SAM had a lot to do with Texas having horrible strongside run defense (see OU game). Well he is back and will help solidify our strong side, and he is our best cover linebacker as well. He has NFL athletic ability but will need time to readjust to playing defense.

4. Selvin Young - If (big If) he stays healthy he is as good if not better than Benson. He doesn't have Bensons YAC ability but he is much faster and will take it to the house more often than Benson did.

5. Frank Okam - He is the next in a long long line of great DTs to play at Texas. He will have a breakout year this year.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

This guy is a real sleeper...

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Vito Corleone wrote:For Texas I would say

3. Eric Foreman - Smart kid, but a dumbass, he gave up his starting SAM spot last season to try and play QB. Him not being the SAM had a lot to do with Texas having horrible strongside run defense (see OU game). Well he is back and will help solidify our strong side, and he is our best cover linebacker as well. He has NFL athletic ability but will need time to readjust to playing defense.

4. Selvin Young - If (big If) he stays healthy he is as good if not better than Benson. He doesn't have Bensons YAC ability but he is much faster and will take it to the house more often than Benson did.

3. sounds like you've got a real helluva coaching staff to let that happen.

4. i like Selvin Young, but you might forgive some us for not being afraid of Cedric Benson's YAC ability. or "little Earl" at all for that matter.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

King Crimson wrote:
3. sounds like you've got a real helluva coaching staff to let that happen.

4. i like Selvin Young, but you might forgive some us for not being afraid of Cedric Benson's YAC ability. or "little Earl" at all for that matter.
Our coaching staff has a standing policy of allowing each player to choose the position they wish to compete for. Foreman was a high school QB and wanted to try and play the position in college. So last season he gave it a try. He now knows that if he ever wants to see the field again it will be as a linebacker. Drew Kelson started off last season as a RB, but quickly learned he didn't have the skill set to be one so now he is a safety and might become a linebacker by the end of his career if he continues to grow.

As for being afraid of Benson, I would probably say after 5 straight wins there is nothing on our team that scares you. But I know for a fact that Stoops respected the hell out of Benson. Last year Benson had 123 all purpose yards against the Sooners, weather you fear him or not he did his job.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

tony temple rb Mizzou

was a borderline 5 star(injuries his junior and senior year ) rb, and is finally healthy for first time in 4 years, since his sophmore season in HS.

as bad as pinkel is, this kid is in remarkable physical shape and a power/speed runner!

if anything, he should be fun to watch. certainly wont be fun watching brad smith run urban meyers offense under pinkel
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Next year, possibility of seeing chase daniels, 4 star QB from texas.