The identity politics begin...

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

The identity politics begin...

Post by DrDetroit »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02381.html

According to O'Connor, Roberts' nomination is fabulous except that he's not right.

And according to the WaPo, Bush didn't nominate a brilliant lawyer who is considered among the very best to argue before the Supreme Court, no, Bush nominated a white male.

Fucking pathetic.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

I honestly believe that you have some mental issues. You just won't shut up. I'm not even going to hang in Park Place today...I'm turning the channel.

Rip City
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Sudden Sam wrote:I guess every Bush appointment, policy and nominee should be met with unquestioning approval, huh?

Doc, in all seriousness, what are you gonna do when the Dems regain control in DC?

I envision spontaneous combustion.
So why go with the straw man argument, SS?

I'm just curious, is all.

I'm just not sure how you could characterize my post as demanding that Bush nominees be met with unquestioning approval...

Please elaborate.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Sudden Sam wrote:I envision spontaneous combustion.
I'll take brain aneurysm for $400.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

RadioFan wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:I envision spontaneous combustion.
I'll take brain aneurysm for $400.
So now you're doggying SS's strawman, eh?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: The identity politics begin...

Post by Felix »

DrDetroit wrote:
Fucking pathetic.
Paging the Dead Horse Troll, Dead Horse Troll please pick up the white courtsey phone
get out, get out while there's still time
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

What's interesting is that the people decrying Bush for not selecting a more "diverse" candidate are the same ones that call the candidate a "token" when he does.

When the resistance has substance and is brought forth with facts as it pertains to the candidates ability to perform the job, that's fine. The problem is that most resistance stems from the same philosophy that drives the ...

"You know, the "You're un-American if you don't worship Bush/Rove/Cheney" crowd."

Only it's the "You're un-[whateverliberalsaresupposedtobeandrighteousineveryway] if you don't condemn Bush/Rove/Cheney at every turn" crowd".

That is the point Dr. D raises and I've no argument with it because it is an observation in fact.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Sudden Sam wrote:I can only do two second posts, Doc.

I just worry about all the folks who seem to expect no resistance to any and every move this prez makes.

You know, the "You're un-American if you don't worship Bush/Rove/Cheney" crowd.
Another straw man, SS?

Who expected unquestioning approval or no resistance??

That's two insinuations you have been made, though, nothing here suggests as such.

Do you routinely rely on straw man arguments to make your points?

Ooops, there's a third straw man. Who's arguing that you're un-American if you don't worship Bush, Cheney/Rove??

Of course, no one is making those arguments, so in effect, you're simply dodging.

Nice work, KYOA, Sudden.

Encore?
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Dead Horse Troll® wrote:I'm a bitch troll
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Exactly, bitch.

When you're ready to have a honest discussion, please feel to stop by. Until then run away with your dick tucked between your legs as you sing "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" to one of your biker boyfriends.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Can people bitch and complain more? Damnit. Since when is it a bad thing to be a white male in this country? Do we not work hard? To hear the Left, women and minorities talk, all white men in this country are handed a diploma and a BMW along w/ a fucking reacharound. Roberts was the most qualified for the position. I think its unfair to someone like Roberts who has worked hard his whole life to be passed over for a less qualified individual just b/c he isnt a woman or a hispanic. I mean, we arent talking about Mcdonalds here. This is the Supreme Court. If a woman or a minority was the best candidate, then they probably would have been picked.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

I'd be careful characterizing Roberts as the "most qualified." I think it's impossible to accurately determine who is "most qualified."

Nonetheless, Roberts is highly qualified and merited consideration and ultimately nomination.

The problem with the Left is that their ideas are losers at the ballot box. Is it no wonder then that all we hear from the Left is just how important the Courts are? It shouldn't be. They have only been able to slam their agenda down our throats through the courts.

This is why they are fighting so hard every Bush appellate nominee. They know that if he is able to nominate conservative judges who do not believe in fabricating new "rights" out of thin air their policies have no chance of ever being realized in law.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

And just as thought...completely incapable of engaging in an articulate, thoughtful, honest discussion.

Why are you going TVO??