Remember when I said the Valerie Plame affair would blow up?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Looks like Rove might be doing a perp walk.

BWAHAHAHAHA

One can only imagine what the man who knows where all the bodies are buried might say to save his own skin.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

no
mvscals blow monkey spunk
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mothster wrote:Remember when I said the Valerie Plame affair would blow up?

no
Sucks to be you.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

BSmack wrote:

no
Sucks to be you.
i quite understand your defense mechanism

if i were taken to the woodshed like a red headed step child every day i'd have a myriad of 'em
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

mothster wrote:
BSmack wrote:

no
Sucks to be you.
i quite understand your defense mechanism

if i were taken to the woodshed like a red headed step child every day i'd have a myriad of 'em
RACK! :lol: :lol:
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

And this is the type of reporting that leads people not to trust the media...
but the heart of the case remains what it has been from the outset: whether senior Bush officials broke the law in the disclosure of a CIA covert operative's identity.
Okay.
At issue is whether administration officials misused classified information to try to discredit one of their potentially most damaging critics.
Well, which is it?

Is Fitzgerald investigation whether the law was broken or whether the administration was seeking to discredit Joe Wilson?
After Time turned over its documents late last week, Newsweek reported that e-mail records showed that Rove was one of Cooper's sources on Plame and Wilson. That article led Rove's attorney, Robert Luskin, to say in an interview last weekend that his client had spoken to Cooper around the time Novak's column appeared in July 2003. But he added that Rove had testified fully in the case and had been assured by Fitzgerald that he is not a target in the investigation.

More evidence points to Rove as the source Cooper was seeking to protect -- although what information was provided is not clear. Rove and Cooper spoke once before the Novak column was available, but the interview did not involve the Iraq controversy, according to a person close to the investigation who declined to be identified to be able to share more details about the case.
It appears that the article is trying to finger Roveas the culprit who leaked Plame's name. But why bother when the issue is before a grand jury whose deliberations are secret?

Oh, and this one is hilarious:
The admission that Rove had spoken to Cooper appeared at odds with previous White House statements. In retrospect, however, these statements -- which some interpreted as emphatic denials -- were in fact carefully worded.

On Oct. 10, 2003, White House press secretary Scott McClellan was asked whether Rove; Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby; or National Security Council official Elliott Abrams had told any reporter that Plame was a covert CIA agent.
There is nothing at odds between the two.

In one instance we have Rove merely talking to Cooper re: something not related top Iraq. That's different than a conversation with Cooper re: Plame.

But don't let that stop this Post reported from smearing Rove, and by extension, of course, Bush.
That left open the other question that comes into play in this episode, which is the degree to which White House officials were engaged two summers ago in a vigorous effort to discredit Wilson's accusations by discrediting Wilson himself.
But I thought that was the central issue, not some secondary issue. This guy cannot keep it straight, eh?

And why is it apparently inappropriate to challenge the conclusions of Wilson?

And what is this crap doing in the article:
The White House is preparing for a potential battle with the Democrats over a Supreme Court nominee, a conflict with great consequences and in which advocates on both sides appear ready to employ all means available to promote or discredit a nominee.

White House officials make no secret that they think Democrats went beyond the boundaries to discredit the reputations of some of their nominees to the appellate courts. Now into that maelstrom could come discomforting revelations about what top White House officials may have done to discredit Wilson by questioning his motives, his wife's role in the trip to Niger and his veracity.
Is this guy suggesting that the Democrats vigorous campaign to oppose all Bush appellate court nominees is justified by the administrations questions re: Wilson's conclusions?

This angle does not belong in the article, at all.

No wonder the public percerption of the mainstrea media is going down the tubes.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Detard, you have outdone yourself this time. Let me know when you're done playing Mental Twister and we can talk.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Funny how Rove was outed over the weekend as the probable leak, but the only thing 99% of the press is covering is the reporter's jail sentence and supposed martyrdom.

Can you say free pass for the Administration fucknut and his lackey Novak?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:Funny how Rove was outed over the weekend as the probable leak, but the only thing 99% of the press is covering is the reporter's jail sentence and supposed martyrdom.

The words "Adminstration lapdog" come to mind.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

Mikey wrote:Funny how Rove was outed over the weekend as the probable leak, but the only thing 99% of the press is covering is the reporter's jail sentence and supposed martyrdom.

bollocks, i'd be all over that------

d. rather
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Outted as a probably leak??

Christ, Mikey, get a grip.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

DrDetroit wrote:

Outted as a probably leak??

Christ, Mikey, get a grip.
Innocent until proven guilty, I guess, but not really much doubt.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

What is there that would even lead to Rove being the "probable" leaker?

Of course, except for the unhinged crowd who merely want to smear Bush?

Well?
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

mvscal wrote:
Mikey wrote:Innocent until proven guilty, I guess, but not really much doubt.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

There isn't even a crime at this point, you stupid fuck.
Karl Rove's lawyer may think otherwise, sniping cunt.

:lol:

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/media_watch
Rove's lawyer acknowledges he was Time reporter's source

Top White House aide Karl Rove discussed a former US ambassador and his CIA agent wife with a Time magazine reporter, according to a report.

The Newsweek weekly quoted Rove lawyer Robert Luskin as confirming that Rove was the source who gave information to Time reporter Matt Cooper under a pledge of confidentiality, and last week released him to testify about that conversation to a grand jury.

Cooper had been ordered by a US federal judge to testify before the grand jury investigating whether the agent's identity was illegally leaked.

Rove, President George W. Bush's deputy chief of staff, has never publicly acknowledged talking to any reporter about former ambassador Joseph Wilson or his wife, Valerie Plame.

And Luskin told Newsweek last week that his client "never knowingly disclosed classified information" and that "he did not tell any reporter that Valerie Plame worked for the CIA."

Plame's was first published in a column by veteran reporter Robert Novak in 2003, which cited senior administration officials.

Wilson claimed she was outed as punishment for his contradiction of Bush's assertion in the 2003 State of the Union address that Saddam Hussein sought yellowcake uranium from Africa.

Miller researched the story, but didn't write it, and Cooper only mentioned it in passing
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

socal wrote:BIG ASS SMOKING GUN
Now the only question left is what did the President know and when did he know it?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ggil
Meat

Post by ggil »

do you honestly think for one minute if the leaker had been Rove and all the press knew about but were afraid to expose a source his name wouldn't have been kicked around in the press a little bit more on this topic over the last two years?

You guys should be getting your dividends any day from Reynolds Wrap.

what a bunch of maroons.......

Rove will go down when Chuck Shumer recuses himself from the Senate Judiciary Committee
now don't be afraid to rush the net
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

More poor reporting...this time SoCal's source:
Top White House aide Karl Rove discussed a former US ambassador and his CIA agent wife with a Time magazine reporter, according to a report.
What was the discussion about?
The Newsweek weekly quoted Rove lawyer Robert Luskin as confirming that Rove was the source who gave information to Time reporter Matt Cooper under a pledge of confidentiality, and last week released him to testify about that conversation to a grand jury.
What information?

Well?

Again, yet another story with nothing to report. Is this really news?
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

DrDetroit wrote:More poor reporting...this time SoCal's source:
What was the discussion about?
What information?

Well?

Again, yet another story with nothing to report. Is this really news?
Yes, what was it about?

Hmmmm?
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/politics ... nted=print

July 10, 2005
Bush Aide Rove Was Time Reporter's Source - Newsweek
By REUTERS

Filed at 6:36 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top White House advisor Karl Rove was one of the secret sources that spoke to reporters about a covert CIA operative whose identity was leaked to the media, Newsweek magazine reported in its latest edition.

The magazine said Rove's lawyer, Robert Luskin, confirmed that Rove talked to Time magazine about former ambassador Joseph Wilson and his wife, CIA agent Valerie Plame.

Luskin said Rove recently gave Time magazine reporter Matt Cooper permission to testify about the conversation to a grand jury investigating the leak in 2003, according to Newsweek.

A U.S. federal judge ordered Cooper, along with New York Times reporter Judith Miller, to testify and reveal their confidential sources.

Last week Cooper avoided a jail sentence for contempt of court by agreeing to testify in the case. Miller refused to testify and was jailed.

The case has become an important test involving freedom of the press and has pitting the media's traditional use of anonymous sources against the efforts of a federal government prosecutor to investigate a possible crime.

It is illegal to knowingly reveal the identity of an undercover CIA agent.

Although Rove has made statements about the Plame leak, he has never publicly acknowledged talking to any reporter about the CIA agent.

Rove has carefully chosen his words when questioned about the leak. ``I didn't know her name. I didn't leak her name,'' he told CNN last year when asked if he had had anything to do with it.

Special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald has been leading a two year investigation into the leak amid questions about whether it came from White House as part of an attempt to discredit Wilson after he contradicted President Bush's assertions about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

Wilson wrote an op-ed column in The New York Times saying he had been sent by the CIA in 2002 to investigate the Bush administration's claim that Iraq was trying to buy uranium from Africa -- a claim that the administration used to justify going to war in Iraq. Wilson said he found no evidence to support the claim.

The Newsweek article said an e-mail Cooper sent his bureau chief after briefly talking with Rove stated that ``it was, KR said, Wilson's wife, who apparently works at the agency on wmd (weapons of mass destruction) issues who authorized the trip.''

The e-mail did not suggest that Rove used Plame's name or that he knew she was a covert agent, the article said.

``Karl Rove has shared with Fitzgerald all the information he has about any potentially relevant contacts he has had with any reporters, including Matt Cooper,'' Luskin told Newsweek.
R-Jack wrote:
Yes, that just happened.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

mvscal wrote:
socal wrote:The e-mail did not suggest that Rove used Plame's name or that he knew she was a covert agent, the article said.
In other words, you've got nothing but your dick in your hand.
In other words, he could have known she was an operative and didn't need to explicitly name her.

And stop looking at my hand, mvrie.
R-Jack wrote:
Yes, that just happened.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

mvscal wrote:
socal wrote:In other words, he could have known she was an operative and didn't need to explicitly name her.
In other words, no crime was committed. You aren't very bright, are you?
In other words, the grand jury might think otherwise. Obvious escape much?
R-Jack wrote:
Yes, that just happened.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

What use to be called treason, is now just the media jerking itself off.

Go figure; your poli_ass being in that persian_sling.
America has lost her way, or had it robbed of her, whichever; you now suck de$pot dictator admin ass.
mv says:
Yummy
Am I wrong...God, I hope so.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
socal wrote:In other words, the grand jury might think otherwise. Obvious escape much?
Not likely. They're wrapping it up now. The prosecutor has already said as much.

This is the media jerking itself off.
You wish.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Mikey wrote:
mvscal wrote:
socal wrote:In other words, the grand jury might think otherwise. Obvious escape much?
Not likely. They're wrapping it up now. The prosecutor has already said as much.

You wish.
I see, you don't know wtf you are talking about.

You don't what the scope of the investigation is nor of the time parameters nor what the Special Investigator is doing.

Nice work, douche.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

^^^
LINK:

trea·son:
2. A betrayal of trust or confidence.
Am I wrong...God, I hope so.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

^^^ Then when do you suppose Patrick Leahy will be prosecuted for treason when he leaked secret information while sitting on the Senate intelligence Committee??

No law was broken and warning someone off a bogus story is not considered treason.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

DrDetroit wrote:
Mikey wrote:
mvscal wrote: Not likely. They're wrapping it up now. The prosecutor has already said as much.

You wish.

You don't what the scope of the investigation is nor of the time parameters nor what the Special Investigator is doing.

Nice work, douche.
And you do?
:roll:
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Mikey wrote:
DrDetroit wrote:
Mikey wrote: You wish.

Nice work, douche.
And you do?
Duck, much?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

DrDetroit wrote:
Mikey wrote:
DrDetroit wrote: I see, you don't know wtf you are talking about.

Nice work, douche.
And you do?
Duck, much?
Stupid blind moron.

I never claimed to know "the scope of the investigation nor the time parameters nor what the Special Investigator is doing", nor anything else.

But mvscunt obviously seems to think he knows all the facts, and I pointed out that he obviously doesn't. Then you decide to chime in and confirm what dumbshit you are as well by completely mischaracterizing my post. Nice work, douche.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

I never claimed to know "the scope of the investigation nor the time parameters nor what the Special Investigator is doing", nor anything else.

You responded, "You wish" in response to Mvscal's comment that the Special Prosecutor was wrapping this investigation up and that the media is jerking itself off.

Well, dickhead, had you known the scope of the investigation and the time limits you would have known that the invetigation is wrapping up...October, specifically.
But mvscunt obviously seems to think he knows all the facts, and I pointed out that he obviously doesn't.

Link?
Then you decide to chime in and confirm what dumbshit you are as well by completely mischaracterizing my post. Nice work, douche.
That's laughable...I merely demonstrated that you had no clue about the investigation as illustrated by your response to Mvscal.

Responding with "You wish" can hardly be considered pointing out that a poster doesn't know the facts.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

One of the fat office beasts that sits a couple of cubicles over from me just said:

Did you hear about what Bush said on the radio? I guess one of his cabinet members is in trouble for lying about something or something. I guess it's a big deal.

...and she votes, because she always asks to get off early on election days.

Ever wonder why retarded ballot propositions get passed or the same idiot politician gets voted into office again and again regardless of their record?

Still more proof that people suck.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

"...and she votes, because she always asks to get off early on election days."

Ever wonder why Election Day isn't a national holiday?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Let's see...

July
August
September
October

Four months.
"Wrapping it up now"?

An what if they come up with some kind of smoking gun? You think they'll just drop it because the grand jury expires?

Whatever.