PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Oklahoma Coaching search

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Jebus.

Had everyone and there brother interested early but pulling out.

Now most indications are towards a handful of options left.

Sunny Golloway (OU Interim HC) - Took over the Oklahoma program after Cochell let his tongue operate without the use of his brain. The team went on somewhat of a rip and tear but against pretty inferior compition andd series that we should have been winning regardless. Got us into the Sub-Regional finals games against Ole Myth only to have the same ole same ole resume against better compition. I'm not really thrilled about keeping Golloway unless it specifically states in his contract that he is not allowed to base coach, EVER!!!!

Smoke Lavel (LSU HC) - Not thrilled with this prospect. I love OU but have no delusions of being a better baseball program than what he already has. Something is fishy if he really wants to leave Baton Rouge. I understand he is frustrated with the expectations there but it is definatly one of the top 5 college baseball jobs in the country. Their commitment to Baseball is unlike anywhere else.

Tim Jamieson (Mizzou HC) - Despite what our resident Tigger will try and convince this board Jamieson is interested. Took a team from the guuter and atleast got them on the curb in his tenure and is still the lowest paid HC in Big 12 baseball. Oklahoma's fans are not thrilled with this prospect and for the most part have voiced (atleast on the net) that they would rather retain Sunny Golloway. Probably realizes his stock is at its highest and Mizzou is on a bullet train to no where. If there was ever a time for the rats to abandon the sinking ship its definatly now while he has some value and can get to a program that wants and can compete on the big stage.

Mike Trappaso (HC Hawaii) - Rumors are abound that this guy could be the new front runner for the position but these are fairly recent developments. I don't much about him other than he has a nice resume, good record as a HC with inferior players at Hawaii, and played ball in Stoolwater. On a side note I'll flippin' furious if we hire this kid and still refuse to even consider ditching Jack Spates worthless sorry sack of shit wrestling coach ass and hire Mark Branch or Pat Smith just cause their "Aggies" when both have voiced out loud that Norman is one of the four places to be at this level and can't understand how we haven't made it over the hump. All but dropping the dime that hey were ready to have our own HC positon out of John's shadow and Norman would be a nice place to show him up.

Joe Pawlowski (HC College of Charleston) - My personal favorite but his name has disappeared from the landscape which I can not understand because he has been very succesful with College of Charleston which doesn't have nearly the resources as Oklahoma has to put forth. He has also been very vocal about his interest in the position. At this point I would call it an extreme long shot that he come in :(.

All and all its not looking good

:evil: Best case scenario is probably Lavel or Pawlowski with tails side being getting stuck with Golloway or worse yet Jamieson :?.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

New name in the mix...

Mitch Gaspard (NW Louisiana State HC) - Being told that the decsion wheather or not to hire Sunny Golloway will be made by tonight and if we don't he will be brought in for an interview.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

WOW!!!!

Rumor is that that a somebody came out of no where and will be hired tommarow AM. Gene Stephenson of Wichita State is appearantly going to leave his fiefdom in Wichita for Norman.

They worshipped that man there like we do Barry and Bud :?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SunCoastSooner wrote:WOW!!!!

Rumor is that that a somebody came out of no where and will be hired tommarow AM. Gene Stephenson of Wichita State is appearantly going to leave his fiefdom in Wichita for Norman.

They worshipped that man there like we do Barry and Bud :?
Gene Stephenson denied in the press this morning. :?

This is becoming a sordid affair.

It looks pretty clear at this point that Golloway is not getting the job; reports that the decision on Friday have never been confirmed but it is known that Kody Keiser's scholarship was not renewed. Kody was a Freshman All American at OU and Golloway is his uncle. Speculation has been that OU was leaving the door open for him to be able to trnasfer and play immeidiatly instead of sitting a year under NCAA rules.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Appears that Gene Stephenson is the man and will be named HC today.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Rumor control:

1. Gene Stephenson has been hired. This is a done deal and Stephenson has confirmed.

2. Kaizer's (sp?) scholarship was renewed by the university. He has not, at this time, signed the offer. Just making sure that people understand where the holdup is-the uni has done what they can to keep him.

I just caught that as well. One of Keiser's friend's or family was on Insider board making it look like it was Joe C. not renewing.

I like the hire but I am biased towards Gene. My Uncle was an All American under his and Kermitz tutalage at Wichita State. Would have gone to OU if not for Kermitz. We pickerd up a big name and a good hire. I have far more faith in Gene than in Sunny.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Well, that didn't last long.

Fuck that motherfucker in his goat ass.

I hope someone fucking clocks his dumb ass with a baseball one of these days and says that he was timing pitches in the batter's box.
This hurts BtH. Not just as a Sooner but as being a long time fan of Wheat Shocker baseball and specifically Brent Kermitz as an indoctoration of birth into my family. I've had two family members go through the Wichita State baseball program, both would have been Sooner's if not for Kermitz being at Wichita State, one is probably the closest family member not in my immeidiate family. I was battening down for the evenning when he called an told me I might want to check out the net concerning coach Stephenson.

Hit like a ton of bricks to the chest. I have lost all respect for coach Gene and Kermitz, never again will I look at them with the same respect.

Gene and Brent shouldn't be welcomed home any longer. Brent can keep his ass in wichita in the Fall because I'll piss on his leg if I ever see him in Norman on Saturday afternoon's again. Gene's most fertile recruiting ground has long been and pronbably always inteded to be Oklahoma; they have built their program on the back of okies like Joe Carter for 28 years. I can only pray that after this incident Gene and Brent's name are mud now south of the border. That would kill Wheat Shocker baseball faster than losing any coach. Oklahoma kids ARE Wichita State baseball.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Looks like it'll be Golloway now. Maybe not the greatest choice in the world, but one things's for sure-he won't take the job then quit twenty minutes later.
Don't count too much on that. I have heard that Golloway might deserve a bit a of an ass whoopin' for his actions in tis escapade.

Also I may have jumped the gun on Kermitz. Casey Murdock via Sirius cable radio has reported that Brent Kermitz is highly upset about this. He was going after the HC job appearantly until Gene made it clear that he was after it as well after discussing it with Sooner coaching Enos Semore. At that time Brent withdrew his name and was content with with taking the Pitching job and expecting to take over after Gene retires. Supposedly Norman is still his dream destination.

I am not too pleased with Goloway in all this is some of the things I am hearing are true as well. The last thing we need to do is keep another "team player" ala John Blake around our campus :evil:
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Brent Kermitz wants the job now. :lol:

I have actualy heard people in dark places wondering if we should shut down the program :o.

It will never happen... I hope :evil:
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:If he does, I say we hire him.
I agree.

I think that Fred Corral is going to be hired by Nebraska to be honest. So that leaves even more holes in Golloway's staff, in fact that leaves him as his staff.

Brent Kermitz would bring Travis Wyckoff with him from Creighton; almost a built in staff once again.

I don't want to see Trappasso getting the job but I don't think Golloway is an option either after this debacle.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Golloway named HC. :?
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Well, look at the bright side.
Gene Stephenson has what, 6 years or so left. He'd be 2-3 yrs. getting his team together and applying for social security a few short years later.

I did hear Fred Corral was in Lincoln to meet with Mike Anderson.

What little I know about him is he seemed to do a pretty good job with the arms he had....?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Cornhusker wrote:Well, look at the bright side.
Gene Stephenson has what, 6 years or so left. He'd be 2-3 yrs. getting his team together and applying for social security a few short years later.

I did hear Fred Corral was in Lincoln to meet with Mike Anderson.

What little I know about him is he seemed to do a pretty good job with the arms he had....?
In six years he would still be a year younger than Garrido is this year ;). Fred will be back in Norman from what I understand but I would still rather have Brent Kermitz :?