Which will happen first

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Which will happen first

Post by Mister Bushice »

A Bush Administration led invasion of Iraq, or an uprising among the 60% of the population who are under 30 years old, with a 30% unemployment rate, no rights for women, and the clerics who refer to the US as the "Great Satan" telling every one of them how to dress, act, and speak?

I'd say it's going to be a very close race, but at this point I give Bush the early lead.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Which will happen first

Post by Mikey »

Mister Bushice wrote:A Bush Administration led invasion of Iraq, or an uprising among the 60% of the population who are under 30 years old, with a 30% unemployment rate, no rights for women, and the clerics who refer to the US as the "Great Satan" telling every one of them how to dress, act, and speak?

I'd say it's going to be a very close race, but at this point I give Bush the early lead.
That's pretty easy.
We already invaded Iraq.
I'll assume you meant Iran, but I don't see that happening given the current situation we're in.
If he did you might have an uprising in the US.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:A Bush Administration led invasion of Iraq, or an uprising among the 60% of the population who are under 30 years old, with a 30% unemployment rate, no rights for women, and the clerics who refer to the US as the "Great Satan" telling every one of them how to dress, act, and speak?

That's pretty easy.
We already invaded Iraq.
I'll assume you meant Iran, but I don't see that happening given the current situation we're in.
We can only hope. If that cocksucker commits to another quagmire and somehow managed to skate, I would actualy move to Canada.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BSmack wrote:
Mikey wrote:

That's pretty easy.
We already invaded Iraq.
We can only hope. If that cocksucker commits to another quagmire and somehow managed to skate,
You are unqualified, inexperienced, and incapable of accurately assessing a military situation. You giving an assessment on the situation in Iraq is like having the dude at the Drive Thru in McDonalds handing out medical diagnosis and advice.

BSmack wrote:.....I would actualy move to Canada.
Why not leave right now. In fact, while the U.S. Army won't have me and I cannot contribute to my country in that manner, perhaps what I can do is help you and people like you move. I have a strong back and strong legs and am more than capable of lifting things. You pay for the truck, pick a weekend, I'll come up there and I'll do all the work loading the truck. I'll follow you to the border to make sure you leave, and the only payment I want is to watch you sign whatever paper renouncing your citizenship.

I'm not all talk.

Are you ?
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Heres a brill bit of news, Tom! They've raised the age limit to thirty-nine this past March.

Bon Voyage, my friend! I've enjoyed reading your postings over the years - you'll be sorely missed :cry:
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Dr_Phibes wrote:Heres a brill bit of news, Tom! They've raised the age limit to thirty-nine this past March.

Bon Voyage, my friend! I've enjoyed reading your postings over the years - you'll be sorely missed :cry:
I am fully aware of that. Are you fully aware of the steps I've taken to look into this ? No.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Well, fair enough then - I'm glad you're staying. But what's all this 'you're not qualified' nonsense'? By rights you should shut down the NFL forum as I'm guessing there aren't any top level managers commenting on things.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

:lol:

Now you're getting it.

Nobody is saying "You can't offer your opinion", or "You can't have a take".

By the same token opinions and takes are subject to retorts and responses.

BSmack saying "It's a quagmire" is just like me saying "It is not a quagmire". Based on our knowledge of each other, neither of us have served in the military in any capacity.

BSmack would be just as well within his right to say "You are unqualified, inexperienced, and incapable of accurately assessing a military situation" as a retort to me had I said "It's not a quagmire".

As it pertains to military situations both BSMACK and Tom In VA, wouldn't know a quagmire if it bit us in the ass.

Most importantly, out of all of this, is that neither would that drunk mick Ted Kennedy.

Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Well. it seems a common retort on here that if you've been shouted at by a RSM in an exotic local, you're somehow on the same level as Von Manstein - which is total shit. Likewise, the people running this global experiment are half-witted think-tankers with zero military experience.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Tom In VA wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Mikey wrote: That's pretty easy.
We already invaded Iraq.
We can only hope. If that cocksucker commits to another quagmire and somehow managed to skate,
You are unqualified, inexperienced, and incapable of accurately assessing a military situation. You giving an assessment on the situation in Iraq is like having the dude at the Drive Thru in McDonalds handing out medical diagnosis and advice.

Why not leave right now. In fact, while the U.S. Army won't have me and I cannot contribute to my country in that manner, perhaps what I can do is help you and people like you move. I have a strong back and strong legs and am more than capable of lifting things. You pay for the truck, pick a weekend, I'll come up there and I'll do all the work loading the truck. I'll follow you to the border to make sure you leave, and the only payment I want is to watch you sign whatever paper renouncing your citizenship.

I'm not all talk.

Are you ?
:mrgreen:

That's why lieberals hire Mexicans.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Dr_Phibes wrote:Well. it seems a common retort on here that if you've been shouted at by a RSM in an exotic local, you're somehow on the same level as Von Manstein - which is total shit. Likewise, the people running this global experiment are half-witted think-tankers with zero military experience.
Well, in my unqualified opinion, the REMFS and support personnel are at greater risk than your grunts in this stage of the war. So yes, they would have more experience than me. Relative to me, they would be at the same level of Von Manstein.

As for the people running this phase of the global experiment, they have much in common with those running it since the end of WWI. Not too many of them have combat experience. That's not necessary. What they do have, which you, BSmack, Ted Kenedy and I don't have; is a team of experts, live data, facts, and assessments from the people in the position and with the experience to accurately assess the situation.

As it pertains to this board, I respect mvscal's statements on these matters more than anyone else's. Not only has he "been there", but he is also a student of military affairs and history.

This attidude of pulling out, the moment things get tough, is wrong, dangerous, and quite frankly Vietnam has become a model of how to beat the U.S. Those responsible for losing the war in Vietnam never even set foot in-country. They were those with Ted Kennedy's attitude.

Good thing for some people in Europe and Asia that attitude didn't win out in 1941-1942.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Tom In VA wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Mikey wrote: That's pretty easy.
We already invaded Iraq.

I'm not all talk.

Are you ?
BSmack tell me just were did you get you military tactical training; Carlisle, West Point, Charleston, or Lexington? Please do tell since you are such an expert and source for the state of tactical affairs in United States Military's campaign.

The worst thing for all you tree hugging liberal hippies could do is try and rise up attempt to put the rest of us under your boot ala Stalin. As the last election showed this nation is split about 50/50 but I am willing to wager my life on which one of our sides has more firepower and the balls to actualy put it to use and I think you do as well. ;) Why don't you just start packing now; me and Tom will meet you up there to help out. I'll bring the beer.

Mr. Phibes troll tripe isn't even worth the time of a response.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

"Likewise, the people running this global experiment are half-witted think-tankers with zero military experience."

Not according to our pal in VA...

Tommy can you hear me?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

RACK The Tommy reset.

Awesome shit from The Who.

As for my willingness to give Mr. Bush and his team the benefit of the doubt .......I believe I've qualified my position fully.
That's not necessary. What they do have, which you, BSmack, Ted Kenedy and I don't have; is a team of experts, live data, facts, and assessments from the people in the position and with the experience to accurately assess the situation.
I refuse to be a sheep guided by shepards from the left or the right.

The problem here is not me, is not George Bush, and is not Karl Rove or anyone else in the administration.

The problem, can be accurately described here ...

http://www.emergency.com/Emergent-thrts.htm

That the left has been as of yet been unable and unwilling to propose a practical solution ... and in fact .... count on and depend upon fiery rhetoric to ensure that it continues ....

Has nothing to do with my unwillingness to shout "Bush is wrong", "Bush fucked up", "It's a quagmire", and run around saying the sky is falling at every turn of events.

I'm just observing, collecting facts, contributing in my own small way to the solution the best way I know how .... and waiting.

In the meantime, I'm more than willing to help those that think threats of "....I would actualy move to Canada." mean anything ..... actually move and renounce their citzenship.

Last I checked, there are still thousands and thousands of people busting their ass to get here to make their lives better who would literally die trying to become a citizen.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Serving in the military under Jimmy Carter was a fucking quagmire.
Last edited by Diogenes on Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom,

You aren't getting rid of me that quickly. As should have been apparent by my first post, the Idiot Boy King would have to fuck this country up a whole lot worse before I'd jet.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BSmack wrote:Tom,

You aren't getting rid of me that quickly. As should have been apparent by my first post, the Idiot Boy King would have to fuck this country up a whole lot worse before I'd jet.
Not exactly what were looking for but a much better attitude to have than wahhhhhhhhh I'm gonna pack and move. Congrats nice to have you aboard the American experiment.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

SunCoastSooner wrote:

Not exactly what were looking for but a much better attitude to have than wahhhhhhhhh I'm gonna pack and move. Congrats nice to have you aboard the American experiment.
You do understand that if you have nothing but blind loyalty, you get Cubs fan rooting for a perenialy shitty team whose owners don't give a shit about winning for their fans because they know they'll get paid anyway?

That's fine for baseball. But I'd like to think we as citizens should have a point in our hearts where we would not tolerate the actions of our leaders.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Don't worry, trev in VA will keep the homefires burning.
You know...Dubya guarding the skies of Arkansas/Texas/Alabama/Whatever free from Soviet bombers style kinda homeland security-esque...
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Martyred wrote:

Don't worry, trev in VA will keep the homefires burning.
You know...Dubya guarding the skies of Arkansas/Texas/Alabama/Whatever free from Soviet bombers style kinda homeland security-esque...

I don't understand your intent with that post but it's clear you don't have a clue about the United States military in the 1960's. Not all the military was hunting for VC. In fact a rather large portion of it was preparing for and drilling for possible action in Europe and North Korea.

Dubya was a pilot of the F-102. Here's some facts about that plane.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... 2a-ops.htm

From what I understand, in the military you go where you're ordered. If you know different, please explain.

TIA

BSmack,

I'm glad you're staying. Some of your "friends" though, well let's just say the offer still stands. If you can get in touch with Alec Baldwin or Babs, let them know I'll help them move.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BSmack wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

You do understand that if you have nothing but blind loyalty, you get Cubs fan rooting for a perenialy shitty team whose owners don't give a shit about winning for their fans because they know they'll get paid anyway?

That's fine for baseball. But I'd like to think we as citizens should have a point in our hearts where we would not tolerate the actions of our leaders.

Thats what elections are for. You'll get another shot in 3 years. ;)
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
BSmack wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: Not exactly what were looking for but a much better attitude to have than wahhhhhhhhh I'm gonna pack and move. Congrats nice to have you aboard the American experiment.

I was thinking beyond the dog and pony show. You know, like if the stupid gene keeps getting passed on in the red states.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Why do Democrats frequently fall back on the tact that if you believe in this Iraq mission and the war on terror you're somehow simply a blind loyalist??

They want you to believe that they have a reasonable argument re: why this mission in Iraq is a mistake, yet, they are quite dismissive and suspicious of reasonable arguments re: why Iraq is a strategic as well as noble cause for American action.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BSmack wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
BSmack wrote: You do understand that if you have nothing but blind loyalty, you get Cubs fan rooting for a perenialy shitty team whose owners don't give a shit about winning for their fans because they know they'll get paid anyway?

I was thinking beyond the dog and pony show. You know, like if the stupid gene keeps getting passed on in the red states.
Thats what I think is so stupid about Liberals and why I have absolutly no respect for you and your kind of political people and also while it will be very rare for me to even consider voting for liberal canidate. You elitist assholes who think that people who have differing opinions than your own are just stupid. Thanks for providing even further validation for this belief. Liberals the people of tolerance and ideas :lol: :roll:.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Thats what I think is so stupid about Liberals and why I have absolutly no respect for you and your kind of political people and also while it will be very rare for me to even consider voting for liberal canidate. You elitist assholes who think that people who have differing opinions than your own are just stupid. Thanks for providing even further validation for this belief. Liberals the people of tolerance and ideas :lol: :roll:.
I tolerate everything but stupidity. So sue me.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BSmack wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Thats what I think is so stupid about Liberals and why I have absolutly no respect for you and your kind of political people and also while it will be very rare for me to even consider voting for liberal canidate. You elitist assholes who think that people who have differing opinions than your own are just stupid. Thanks for providing even further validation for this belief. Liberals the people of tolerance and ideas :lol: :roll:.
No you you tolerate everything that agrees with you and nothing else.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
BSmack wrote:
You mistake tolerance for acceptance. A typical mistake of the not so smart.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BSmack wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
BSmack wrote: I tolerate everything but stupidity. So sue me.
Bsmack its you that refers to people who dissent from your argument as stupid and idiots a typical mistake of the intolerant and ignorant. My sig line shows just how ignorant and idiotic your assumptions are.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
BSmack wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: No you you tolerate everything that agrees with you and nothing else.
Bsmack its you that refers to people who dissent from your argument as stupid and idiots a typical mistake of the intolerant and ignorant. My sig line shows just how ignorant and idiotic your assumptions are.
Wrong again oh resident of the left end of the Bell Curve. Just because I recognize stupidity doesn't mean I don't tolerate the stupid.

You seem to think that toleration means immunity from criticism.
Last edited by BSmack on Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

I didn't know that lefties believed in that bell curve nonsense??
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BSmack wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
BSmack wrote: You mistake tolerance for acceptance. A typical mistake of the not so smart.
Wrong again oh resident of the left end of the Bell Curve. Just because I recognize stupidity doesn't mean I don't tolerate the stupid.

The point was, as most caught I am sure but I can fully understand how it would completly pass over your head, is that as the majority of people who have been posting here for some time realize; I am not a christian!!! But the facts have never gotten in the way of an argument for you before why let them now, right?
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
BSmack wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: Bsmack its you that refers to people who dissent from your argument as stupid and idiots a typical mistake of the intolerant and ignorant. My sig line shows just how ignorant and idiotic your assumptions are.

Yhe point was, as most caught I am sure but I can fully understand how it would completly pass over your head is that as the majority of people who have been posting here for some time realize. I am not a christian!!! But the facts have never gotten in the way of an argument for you before why let them now, right?
Now look at who is being nasty to our Christain brethren. :shock:

How dare you call Christains stupid.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BSmack wrote:Now look at who is being nasty to our Christain brethren. :shock:

Yeah that holds real water :roll:.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

SunCoastSooner wrote:

Yep. your true colors are out. Once we start talking about stupid people you feel you have to announce to the world "I am not a Christian!".

Yep, all that hate is ripping a hole right through your heart.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BSmack wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

Yep. your true colors are out. Once we start talking about stupid people you feel you have to announce to the world "I am not a Christian!".

:roll: I didn't think that your reading comprehension was that lacking. Considering I had already indicated that I was refering to the sig line from you I have had for the last few months.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
BSmack wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: Yeah that holds real water :roll:.

:roll: I didn't think that your reading comprehension was that lacking. Considering I had already indicated that I was refering to the sig line from you I have had for the last few months.
I'm a Christain. Are you now calling me stupid?

You intolerant pig!

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote: We can only hope. If that cocksucker commits to another quagmire and somehow managed to skate, I would actualy move to Canada.
Stay the fuck down there. We already have too many left-wing hand-wringing dumb fucks up here. We don't need any more.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Mikey wrote:

That's pretty easy.
We already invaded Iraq.
Yes, I meant Iran. ooops.

Well since this thread has long since been derailed, Can't hurt to TRY and get back on topic.

What Happens, Mikey, when Irans government begins pursuing nuclear technology in earnest, and patently ignores calls from the west to cease?

Do you think Bush and Co. will tolerate that?
How long do you think Bush will allow useless UN sanctions to be ignored?

The only thing we have going for us at this point re: an invasion is a lack of sufficient troops. Recruitment is not meeting its goals, and we're committed big time in Iraq until the cows come home, if they aren't blown up along the way.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

Nothing will happen as long as we're committed in Iraq. Besides, as much as the wide-eyed losers like to portray Bush as some sort of dictator, dude will be out of office in a couple of years. Hardly enough time to resolve Iraq and invade another country.

China is much more likely to be a big problem first. The Chinese have been amassing huge stockpiles of military weapons and ammo. For what? You generally don't do that unless you have plans to use it. Bye bye, Taiwan.

Unfortunately for the Taiwanese, despite what DC has said for decades, I don't think we'd go head to head with fucking China just to save a few bucks on Intel chips.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Jesus Christ, Bushice, Iran is already pursuing nuclear technology and have been doing so for at least a decade.

That's why the US has been pursuing a diplomatic dialogue with Iran for the last five years, including propsing and getting through the UN an inspections regime and considering proposing to the UN Security Council different economic sanctions (which failed huge for what I think are obvious reasons).
Do you think Bush and Co. will tolerate that?
How long do you think Bush will allow useless UN sanctions to be ignored?

Not sure. Hopefully we'll take action when we're through with Iraq. We know the Iranian people want our help.

Though, if Iraq and North Korea are to be any type of historical guide, we have several years to go.