Top 10 Overrated

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Ahh the foilage in Massachusetts in fall. You should check it out Crown.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

T REX wrote:Look at all the recycled takes. I swear there should be a big green bin to put half this shit in.

ND fan and FSU fan calling UMIII overrated. Golly geewillikers......what a coincidence. The bride left at the altar and the sacrificial lamb both crying about him. No surprise there. That would be a big fat '30' for originality guys.
You're right T REX. Urban Meyer is god. And he's proven it by recruiting blue chip players in the state of Florida. Tommy Meyer will be overrated until he wins something, just like Cicero will be Crown until he proves otherwise. We know you're a takeless bitch, thanks for proving it once again. Talk about recycled takes, you can't debate a single point because you have your nose so far up Meyer's ass. It's the same, constant "Urban Meyer is king, watch out fuckers! UF is back!" Try harder.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

T REX wrote:
Look at all the recycled takes. I swear there should be a big green bin to put half this shit in.

ND fan and FSU fan calling UMIII overrated. Golly geewillikers......what a coincidence. The bride left at the altar and the sacrificial lamb both crying about him. No surprise there. That would be a big fat '30' for originality guys.

You're right T REX. Urban Meyer is god. And he's proven it by recruiting blue chip players in the state of Florida. Tommy Meyer will be overrated until he wins something, just like Cicero will be Crown until he proves otherwise. We know you're a takeless bitch, thanks for proving it once again. Talk about recycled takes, you can't debate a single point because you have your nose so far up Meyer's ass. It's the same, constant "Urban Meyer is king, watch out fuckers! UF is back!" Try harder.
you also forgot everything that happened under Zook doesn't count since he was a moron. Just helping you get it right Killian...
Killian

Post by Killian »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:you also forgot everything that happened under Zook doesn't count since he was a moron. Just helping you get it right Killian...
Thanks, I forgot that one. I guess that means beating FSU at FSU doesn't count either.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^^RACK!
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Well, if you are only a fan of "upper eschelon" of college football then I guess I can see how Army v Navy might make your list.

If however you are a college football fan or hell even just a football fan then there is no way you can put this game on your list. A big part of what makes it great is that these teams aren't playing for the National Title.

Take in a game, and I would bet my first house that you would no longer have it on your list.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

SoCalTrjn wrote:felt a need to register just after reading this thread

The Rose Bowl is special because before the BCS came along the Rose Bowl was the only bowl that pitted 2 conference champions vs one another, the other bowls had one champion and an independent or runner up from other conferences.

UCLA is USC's biggest rival, Notre Dame though may be the most hated. Whats special about the USC-UCLA rivalry is that while all the other big rivalries may have 2 teams from the same region or even state, USC v. UCLA is two schools from the same city. Only about 8 miles apart are the two campuses and nowhere in town can you go about your day to day business without running across an alum or fan of the other school. You also have several students who undergrad at one school and then go to businesslaw/med/dental school at the other
Notre Dame is just a more heated rival, differnt lifestyles, different parts of the country, just a clash of cultures, but not a larger rival than UCLA.

as for my top 10 over rated

10. SEC in conf scheduling, more patsies than titans
9. playing 1aa schools before conf starts
8. Sun Belt conference, why are they not 1aa
7. Tennessees band, Rocky Top sucks
6. Beano Cook
5. Playing entire non conf schedule at home
4. Eastern/ Mid Western teams saying how tough they are
3. Artificial surfaces, especially blue and striped ones, football should only be played on grass
2. Spring games on TV, glorified practices vs the scout team
1. Computer polls
Welcome to the board. Nice opening post - but who exactly rates Beano highly? Besides me?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

SoCalTrjn wrote:felt a need to register just after reading this thread

The Rose Bowl is special because before the BCS came along the Rose Bowl was the only bowl that pitted 2 conference champions vs one another, the other bowls had one champion and an independent or runner up from other conferences.

UCLA is USC's biggest rival, Notre Dame though may be the most hated. Whats special about the USC-UCLA rivalry is that while all the other big rivalries may have 2 teams from the same region or even state, USC v. UCLA is two schools from the same city. Only about 8 miles apart are the two campuses and nowhere in town can you go about your day to day business without running across an alum or fan of the other school. You also have several students who undergrad at one school and then go to businesslaw/med/dental school at the other
Notre Dame is just a more heated rival, differnt lifestyles, different parts of the country, just a clash of cultures, but not a larger rival than UCLA.

as for my top 10 over rated

10. SEC in conf scheduling, more patsies than titans
9. playing 1aa schools before conf starts
8. Sun Belt conference, why are they not 1aa
7. Tennessees band, Rocky Top sucks
6. Beano Cook
5. Playing entire non conf schedule at home
4. Eastern/ Mid Western teams saying how tough they are
3. Artificial surfaces, especially blue and striped ones, football should only be played on grass
2. Spring games on TV, glorified practices vs the scout team
1. Computer polls

Yeah, for a Toejam, not a bad take... Grammatically fair also. Musta been edited by a Bruin.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Notre Dame though may be the most hated.
Couldn't disagree more. Trojan fans who understand the game and who display the requisite level of respect thereto will tell you that no matter how passionate the rivalry is for Notre Dame, there is always an underlying respect for their program that eclipses any other on the schedule.

While true that UCLA is a special rivalry because of it's crosstown nature, which spills over into workplaces, families and the like, I think you'd be hard pressed to find more Trojan fans say they respect UCLA over Notre Dame than the opposite.

This dynamic cuts in a somewhat conflicting way for fans like me. The mutual respect between real Notre Dame and SC fans make the wins and losses seem less meaningful than the sheer joy a Trojan feels after kicking the living shit out of Kal or UCLA.

Going prison-bitch on Kal or UCLA will always rate higher in my book than over Notre Dame. When you respect your enemy, you can feel compassion in their woe. When you don't respect your enemy, stepping on their neck can be done with a smile and jubilation.

ps Seer where the fuck have you been? Saw your one-liner after I hit submit....nice.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Jimmy, I didnt say that Trojan fans didnt respect Notre Dame, just that they didnt like Notre Dame, having gone to USC during Notre Dames streak (and UCLA's too) I gained a passionate dislike for the Irish, from the top of their golden helmets to that red headed freak dancing around their sideline, I just don't like them.
UCLA and Cal alums/fans I deal with more on a day to day basis so I have been able to overcome my prejudices towards them except for certain weeks every fall
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

You would be in the minority.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Maybe it depends on when you went to USC and where you live and work now.
I have respect for Notre Dames teams and the school, I just dont like them
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Killian wrote:
What sour grapes! Of course he still has to prove himself. Of course he still has to go out and win games......duh. No one is going to crown him SEC or National champ just for showing up. But you have to admit it is a great hire. The guy exudes confidence and has gamesmanship. He knows Xs and Os. Is he Bear Bryant? No. Is he Faust? No.

Let's give him an opportunity before you call him overrated.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:
ps Seer where the fuck have you been? Saw your one-liner after I hit submit....nice.

Lurking.

And trying to psyche myself for the upcoming season. Remember how excited you used to get when you had Hackett running the program? Feel my pain.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Excited? I just had my ninth and final surgery to remove a titanium shower rod from my arse.

Bad times, bad times.
James
Jake

Post by James »

My picks, in no particular order..was hoping to find ones that haven't been mentioned...
Kansas State under Bill Snyder
Tennessee and Phillip Fulmer
Lee Corso..well, the whole Gameday crew
Alabama and their "12" national championships
Georgia
Clemson vs. South Carolina
The option
"System" qb's that flop in the NFL
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/ashleesimpsonboo.wmv
The "LameFurniture.com" bowls
"What's a three-letter word for man's best friend?"

"Tit?"

"No, I've tried that already..."
Killian

Post by Killian »

T REX wrote:What sour grapes! Of course he still has to prove himself. Of course he still has to go out and win games......duh. No one is going to crown him SEC or National champ just for showing up. But you have to admit it is a great hire. The guy exudes confidence and has gamesmanship. He knows Xs and Os. Is he Bear Bryant? No. Is he Faust? No.

The way you and your brethern are making him out (ie the "Did you feel the Earth move?" article on your scout site) is making him out to be the next Faust. If you know anything about the hype that surrounded Faust when he came to ND, and the talent that he had and brought in to ND, you would see the hype is very similar. Before you go and think he is one of the top coaches in the country, let him coach a season or two in a confrence larger than the Mountain West. You are so blinded by your love for all things Urban, you won't admit that he hasn't beaten a quality team yet as a head coach. With all due respect to Frisco, A&M is rebuilding and no where near where they will be. Pitt was a bad team from an even worse confrence.

And sour grapes my ass. I told you on the last board that Meyer would be a great fall back coach for Notre Dame. I didn't want him as my first option, nor did I want Charlie Weis as my first option. But I still would have taken Charlie Weis over Meyer then, and I still would now. And if Meyer wins the national championship in the next 5 years and Weis goes 0 for 5 years, I still would have wanted Weis over Meyer at that time. I don't doubt that Meyer has the chance to be one of the best coaches in the NCAA in due time, but I'm not sold on him yet.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Killian,

How did I, or A&M, get into the discussion?
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Killian

Post by Killian »

IndyFrisco wrote:Killian,

How did I, or A&M, get into the discussion?
It's a long running "discussion" that Trixie and I have been having with him proving that Utah and Meyer can beat the "big boys" as evident by their win over A&M. I just said that A&M was a team that was rebuilding, and no where near where they have been or will be. It would be like saying Tom O'Brien and BC are great teams because they beat Notre Dame under Davie and Willingham.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Ahh, I see.

Yes, A&M has been VERY MUCH rebuilding the last couple years. Hell, our 4-8 season two years ago we beat Utah and UMIII, but they damn near took it to overtime if not for us stopping them on a 2 point conversion at the end of the game.

This year, I fully expect us to challenge for the Big XII championship.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

IndyFrisco wrote:Ahh, I see.

Yes, A&M has been VERY MUCH rebuilding the last couple years. Hell, our 4-8 season two years ago we beat Utah and UMIII, but they damn near took it to overtime if not for us stopping them on a 2 point conversion at the end of the game.

This year, I fully expect us to challenge for the Big XII championship.
I think you should be grateful if you finish in the top half of the south. Not trying to flame ya but thats just my take.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

That's what we did last year, 3rd in the South. I think we are better than we were last year, and I see no one that finished behind us that got any better to the point of us dropping.

We play OU tough, unfortunately not in Norman for awhile which is where we play this year. t.u. will be a tough game, but I believe we'll be 9-0 going into the OU game with momentum. Optimistic? Sure, but I think it is very possible.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

*sigh*

We got the best guy available. That is the best you can ask of your AD. Meyer is the hottest coach to come along since Stoops. He says and does all the right things and is recruiting like a mofo. Forget just inside Florida.....Carl Johnson....others to follow. I mean it is the early period and teh guy is on fire on the recruiting trail.

I think it is sad the way you talk. I am sure if the roles were reversed you would not be sitting there saying the same things about the guy. Hey, but most of you live in hypocrisy land.

L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

T REX wrote:Hey, but most of you live in hypocrisy land.
High potential for signature material.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

IndyFrisco wrote:That's what we did last year, 3rd in the South. I think we are better than we were last year, and I see no one that finished behind us that got any better to the point of us dropping.

We play OU tough, unfortunately not in Norman for awhile which is where we play this year. t.u. will be a tough game, but I believe we'll be 9-0 going into the OU game with momentum. Optimistic? Sure, but I think it is very possible.
Possible; Yes. Probable or even likely; I wouldn't put my money on it thats for damn sure.

I also think that Texass Tech is much improved and unlike most Sooners I think that Okie A&M will be better off with Gundy at the helm; I'm just glad that he didn't take his brother with him :?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

T REX wrote:*sigh*

We got the best guy available. That is the best you can ask of your AD. Meyer is the hottest coach to come along since Stoops. He says and does all the right things and is recruiting like a mofo. Forget just inside Florida.....Carl Johnson....others to follow. I mean it is the early period and teh guy is on fire on the recruiting trail.

I think it is sad the way you talk. I am sure if the roles were reversed you would not be sitting there saying the same things about the guy. Hey, but most of you live in hypocrisy land.
Pete Carroll came along after Stoops and has accomplished more.
Not taking anything away from Stoops or Meyer but it's Carroll who has set the high water mark
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I am sure Jim Tressel would have something to say about that...an unknown quantity to idiots like Trix and he comes in and wins a NC, 3 bowl games (2 BCS ones at that) and is 3-1 against his main rival...I would say Stoops, tressel, saban, and carroll all set the bar high...

How did Zook work out at FLA? Meyer the hottest thing since stoops...? You definitely will give Jon and babs a serious run for board bitch this year...

you sit there and tell us to wait

T Bitch Wrote:
What sour grapes! Of course he still has to prove himself. Of course he still has to go out and win games......duh. No one is going to crown him SEC or National champ just for showing up. But you have to admit it is a great hire. The guy exudes confidence and has gamesmanship. He knows Xs and Os. Is he Bear Bryant? No. Is he Faust? No.

Then you go on and say
*sigh*

KYOA much?
Backpedal much?
Stupid Ass much?

I mean you can't even talk about the right things in the same post...
MClub
Elwood

Post by MClub »

At Large wrote:5. Michigan - 1 national championship in 50 years is not impressive to me, so why do I have to see them almost every week? I lived in California for a year and saw Michigan all of the time while I had to buy every ABC NU game.
you should prolly ask all the people i see here in namibia wearing michigan apparel. i've only seen two nebraska hats, at least ten ohio state hats, a ucla fubu jersey, and that's about it. prolly has to do with all the bandwagoners ditching their clothes after we lose another rose bowl... but still, michigan is a brand name.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

SoCalTrjn wrote:

Not taking anything away from Stoops or Meyer but it's Carroll who has set the high water mark
In fairness, I think T REX is referring to the status of the coach at the time he was hired. Certainly, Carroll didn't fit that category. He was coming off two failed NFL head coaching stints (not entirely his fault, to be sure) and looked like your standard recycled coaching material. He certainly wasn't USC's first choice when he was hired.

Wow . . . I just stuck up for T REX. What's the world coming to?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

MEDIC!!!
Killian

Post by Killian »

No, I wouldn't be changing my tune. If we could access scobode.com, you would see that I was still very leery of Meyer, even when it appeard he was coming to ND. ND didn't need a homerun for this hire (great head coach), they needed a grand slam (great head coach and great assistants). Weis may be more unproven than Meyer, but his assistants are better than Meyer's.

You got the guy you wanted, I got the staff I wanted. Now it's up to see if Weis will be a good head coach. He hasn't done anything yet to prove that he won't be, and a lot to prove that he will be.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:I am sure Jim Tressel would have something to say about that...an unknown quantity to idiots like Trix and he comes in and wins a NC, 3 bowl games (2 BCS ones at that) and is 3-1 against his main rival...I would say Stoops, tressel, saban, and carroll all set the bar high...
I would say that Carroll has set it a bit higher than Tressel, in 4 years at USC he has won 3 Conf titles, 3 BCS bowls and 2 National Titles, he is 4-0 vs UCLA and 3-1 vs Notre Dame. and the Trojans havent lost a home game since his first year as coach.
But again, all of those coaches have done wonderful jobs turning around programs that were rich in history and tradition and supporters of all those schools are going to think that their coach is the best
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

So cal...not meant as a slight to Carroll at all and in fact you would be correct...it seems as though each of the guys has built on what the other has done...

Stoops was first to win a NC...7-5 first year and NC second year
Tress followed the same plan
then Carroll and Saban followed suit...

I can only hope FLA goes 0-11... :D
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Thanks for that, Terry :lol:
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

A few more overrateds creeping up my list...

13. The thought of FOX telecasting CFB
12. BCS's version of the Rose Bowl
11. Between the Hedges
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Shaz
Mad BANK

Post by Shaz »

1. The Big 11
2. The Pac 10
repeat.
2005 mythical recruiting champion
EAT THAT UT!!!!
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Shaz wrote:1. The Big 11
2. The Pac 10
repeat.
Finally...

The worst take of the thread.

I was wondering how long it would take until some one posted something completely asinine.
Those who stay will be champions.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

10. 12 team 'super conferences'
9. My conference is better than your's. (i.e. A beat B beat C so A can beat C)
8. The best team in the nation has to be undefeated
7. BCS
6. my team traditons are better than your team traditions.
5. team traditions
4. college bands
3. east coast bias
2. bowl games
1a. Mythical National Champions
1b. top ten lists.
1. National Champion
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

peter dragon wrote: 6. my team traditons are better than your team traditions.
5. team traditions
Spoken like a true Buckeye :lol:
Those who stay will be champions.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:

In fairness, I think T REX is referring to the status of the coach at the time he was hired. Certainly, Carroll didn't fit that category. He was coming off two failed NFL head coaching stints (not entirely his fault, to be sure) and looked like your standard recycled coaching material. He certainly wasn't USC's first choice when he was hired.

Wow . . . I just stuck up for T REX. What's the world coming to?
Yes, yes. But you are dead on. I am not screaming 'we're number 1, we're number 1'. I am truly excited about the prospect of actually having a guy that the possibility exists we might do well. I never felt it with Zook from day 1. Wins under Zook were usually a mixed bag of hang on wins and false hope. Hell, I never had hope with Zook.

With Meyer it is different. You can feel it. The electricity. I should not have to apologize for being excited about the prospects of doing well. I never portrayed him as god. And with any hire there will always be detractors. So what?

OU fans must have had a rough 90's with what they went through. Three years was more than enough for me. Every win cherished, every loss mourned.