Top 10 Overrated

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Lizard King wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:
Beyond that, for this team, it has given this them confidence that it can go toe to toe with the best and win.
So now Michigan is "the best"? :?

You go toe to toe with one of the best every October, and here lately you've been getting your fucking eyes gouged out like a Pagan sacrifice.

All your delusions of grandeur will come to a halt long before the Longhorns are subjected to the yearly Red River Dryfucking. Rest assured that Ohio State coaching staff have spent the summer watching the Rose Bowl over and over and over again. Vince Young will be ineffective against the Bucknut D at the 'shoe.

A buncha fucking Texas hype, year fucking in and year fucking out. I'm sick of it.
Did Michigan win their conference? Yes!

Then I would say they were one of the best teams in the country. And don't act like the Big 10 is as bad as the Big East cause it isn’t. (I feel dirty for just saying that)

Who the hell are you to talk about Texas hype? The last two years you fuckers have been hyped like you were the 2nd coming of the 95 huskers and the last two years you fuckers have fallen on your face.

Sooner fan needs to STFU about hype because no one is getting more undeserved hype than you assholes.

But what am I saying, picking against you assholes in the BCS has become very lucrative for me, so thank you.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

10 - Notre Dame......the whole bloody thing.
9 - Texas recruiting
8 - The SEC
7 - Penn State and JoePa
6 - Nebraska in the past 5 years
5 - Army -Navy, I agree, it's a game to watch, but they both blow as FB teams
4 - Mid American losers
3 - Boisie State -Hate the nasty blue field
2 - Notre Dame again
1 - Urban Meyer until he wins....a LOT!
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

I think sooner fan needs to STFU and figure out what the hell they are going to do for an Oline and QB this year.
I was thinking that we'd go ahead and raid the state of Tejas for a few of them since they know that they can't win anything worth a shit if they stay there to play their college ball.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

This year seems like Texas' best shot at beating OU, but I wont believe it till I see it.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

the_ouskull wrote:
I think sooner fan needs to STFU and figure out what the hell they are going to do for an Oline and QB this year.
I was thinking that we'd go ahead and raid the state of Tejas for a few of them since they know that they can't win anything worth a shit if they stay there to play their college ball.

the_ouskull
Yawn
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Wow Liz pimping the Bucks...WTF???

Rack the defensive comment...

Would Urban meyer qualify as overrated? Drew Tate? John L. Williams? just trying to get the 3 board bitches in on this...
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Cicero wrote:This year seems like Texas' best shot at beating OU, but I wont believe it till I see it.
Can an admin please take away "board scholar" and replace it with Marcus Fucking Allen, please?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

King Crimson wrote:did you see the finish to the Iowa-LSU game last year?

UT-UM wasn't even the best bowl game last year....let alone "ever".
RACK!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Sorry, Drew Tate's "Varsity Blues" moment was awesome, but the Mich/UT game was hands down the best bowl game last year.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

10. This year is Texas’s year. No, really.

9. Signing Day.

8. The Holiday Bowl.

7. The opinions of Mark May and Trev Alberts.

6. Speculating how that one undefeated mid-Major would do against #1 or #2.

5. Major D-1 college football coaches as molders of men.

4. If your team played in my conference, they’d be lucky to finish ahead of (fill in one: Baylor/Vanderbilt/Illinois/Duke/Stanford/Temple)

3. That one story on Gameday every week about a player who has been overlooked by the media and is out to prove the experts wrong. Bonus points if the kid had a rough childhood.

2. Crying for the team left out of the title game.

1. The Heisman
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Cicero wrote:Sorry, Drew Tate's "Varsity Blues" moment was awesome, but the Mich/UT game was hands down the best bowl game last year.

don't underestimate that the dramatic factor in that game had a lot to do with the Mack factor vs. Mister Vegas Lloyd Carr. If Dusty Mangum misses that FG, Mack is in deep shit in Austin. As it stands, horn fan squirts his"calassy" sedgefield jeans because they beat a top 25 team and the selective memory "We're Texas" mindwash takes effect.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

No kidding... who is this character?

the_ouskull
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:10 - Notre Dame......the whole bloody thing.
9 - Texas recruiting
8 - The SEC
7 - Penn State and JoePa
4 - Mid American losers
2 - Notre Dame again
FSU fan.......saying UMIII is overrated? Funny.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

the_ouskull wrote:No kidding... who is this character?

the_ouskull
That's my troll.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

T REX wrote:
Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:10 - Notre Dame......the whole bloody thing.
9 - Texas recruiting
8 - The SEC
7 - Penn State and JoePa
4 - Mid American losers
2 - Notre Dame again
FSU fan.......saying UMIII is overrated? Funny.

Funny how? Does he amuse you? Funny how? Funny like a clown?
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Crown, really? Do you EVER have an original thought that doesn't suck a fart out of my ass? Christ.

the_ouskull
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

OU is green as hell this year, if Mack can't win this one he'll always be owned. I expect to see A TON of Adrian Peterson this year, hope I can get him in my fantasy league.

Preseason rankings are of course overrated.

Don't forget about Canes-fan, ya we all know he sucks ass but the truth that is a rancid, pus-filled-zit covered ass fed nothing but pickled eggs, Meister Brau, and government cheese.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

#1. The arguments as to why the bowl system has not been expunged in favor of a playoff. :evil:
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Killian

Post by Killian »

T REX wrote: FSU fan.......saying UMIII is overrated? Funny.
You don't think he is? If not overrated, still very unproven? Need I remind you we saw Urban Meyer a few years ago lead a team from a mid major to an undefeated season. Back then he was called Tommy Bowden. And before you go off on that comparison, take a moment and compare Tulane's offense under Bowden to Utah's under Meyer. Eerily similar.

But right now you and your folk make him out to be the second coming of Christ. Until he wins, he's overrated.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

the_ouskull wrote:No kidding... who is this character?

the_ouskull
Longtime lurker. I read more, post less, and figured you needed more fans repping middling programs.*

*other than Notre Dame
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

i am surprised T-Bag got his lips off Meyer's cock long enough to post...

I am with Killian until you win on a bigger stage you are overrated...perhaps he can follow the mold of Tressel:

1st year 7-5 win over your rival in their crib with an inferior team
2nd year Undefeated and National Champions
3rd year 11-2 with another BCS Bowl Win
4th year 8-4 with another win over your rival and a bowl win

that makes him 3-1 in Bowl Games (2-0 in BCS Games) and 3-1 against his biggest Rival...if UMIII does that then no he will not be considered overrated...until he proves something shut your fucking mouth...
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

the_ouskull wrote:Crown, really? Do you EVER have an original thought that doesn't suck a fart out of my ass? Christ.

the_ouskull

Hayseed, I'm getting a little fucking tired of you referring to me as Crown. If you had half of a brain, you would notice my posts arent half as retarded as his were. Crown is Tiberious on this board. Dude never posts here anymore b/c he got tired of the cliques.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Dude never posts here anymore b/c he got tired of the cliques.
Is that what he calls them? They looked more like Craters to me.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Shawn Marion
Elwood

Post by Shawn Marion »

10. The Rose Bowl
9. The Big XII
8. Undefeated mid-majors
7. EA's need to make NCAA more and more retarded every year while not fixing the game play.
6. Tedford
5. Florida State
4. Texas and all their recruiting glory
3. Any 1 loss (or more) team that wins a NC
2. TBDBITL
1. Switching to a playoff system
8-1 feels so much better than 2-10-1
Killian

Post by Killian »

Cicero wrote:
the_ouskull wrote:Crown, really? Do you EVER have an original thought that doesn't suck a fart out of my ass? Christ.

the_ouskull

Hayseed, I'm getting a little fucking tired of you referring to me as Crown. If you had half of a brain, you would notice my posts arent half as retarded as his were. Crown is Tiberious on this board. Dude never posts here anymore b/c he got tired of the cliques.
You'll be Crown until we say you aren't or you prove other wise. You know the saying, "looks like a duck, quacks like a duck"? Same applies. You like FSU football and Duke basketball? You're Crown. You post unoriginal shit on these boards? You're Crown. I suggest learning to ignore it.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Killian wrote:
Cicero wrote:

the_ouskull

You'll be Crown until we say you aren't or you prove other wise. You know the saying, "looks like a duck, quacks like a duck"? Same applies. You like FSU football and Duke basketball? You're Crown. You post unoriginal shit on these boards? You're Crown. I suggest learning to ignore it.

How would you like me to prove it Killian? Name it. How do I post unoriginal shit? Just cause at some point Crown got under your guys skin, I guess you feel the need to take it out on somebody else.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

1. OU since winning their last NC.
2. ABC trying to sell us the BCS as a "series" of great games when it's nothing more than a political battle about which teams go where.
3. The Rose Bowl - I just don't get it. Never have about why it's so "special". It's like any other bowl game to me.
4. The Big 10 (11) - because they always claim to be the best even when they aren't.
5. Michigan - 1 national championship in 50 years is not impressive to me, so why do I have to see them almost every week? I lived in California for a year and saw Michigan all of the time while I had to buy every ABC NU game.
6. Big 12 North - How sorry is it that Iowa State won a share? That should never have happened. KSU falling. Mizzou never fulfilling potential. Kansas is mediocre. CU a definition of instability yet still manages to win a share of the title. NU trying to rebound. To think, five years ago we called the Big 12 South overrated. Now they can't help but lose to everyone except Baylor.
7. Hiring a coach with "ties" to the program - God, I am soooo tired of hearing that argument. If that was so important to continued success, then how do you explain the likes of NU, OU, Alabama and countless other programs being driven into the ground at one time or the other by people with ties to the program. Just hire the best coach available.
8. Bo Pelini - I loved Bo was when he was here, but just let it go NU fans. He had a few great pieces the year he was here, but I'm not so sure he would have had the same success this past year. Ask OU fans if they're going to miss him.
9. Urban Meyer while at Florida - Dude's getting way more love and respect than a coach should be getting. How about proving that he can win at a major school first?
10. Me - What in the hell do I know?
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

10. The speed of Florida teams
9. The Old Oaken Bucket
8. Top 25 teams that schedule the likes of McNeese St, The Citadel, & St. Copee's of Northern Ithaca
7. Sideline reporters' pre-game analysis (Arute, Karsten, Swann to name a few)
6. Head coaches who attempt to justify why their team belongs in a certain bowl game
5. Texas football tradition
4. Fans of teams that haven't won an NC in decades who talk shit about teams who have
3. Bowden verbalization
2. How the punishment & criticism of players who violate NCAA rules always seems to be greater than that of players who violate the LAW
1. Those FUBU-looking replica jerseys (worn by any fan of any team)
Last edited by L45B on Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Killian wrote:You like FSU football and Duke basketball?
Yup...Crown.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Killian

Post by Killian »

Crown got under no one's skin. He was a little bandwaggon bitch who rooted for different teams in basketball and football based on their programs. How do you post unoriginal shit? Scroll back through all of your posts and ask yourself how they add to the subject at hand. You want a specific example? Take a look at the post on Main Street that you started. That was funny, oh, about 5 years ago. More? Alright.

Taken from the collection of Crown Cicero:

"This year seems like Texas' best shot at beating OU, but I wont believe it till I see it."

"Sorry, Drew Tate's "Varsity Blues" moment was awesome, but the Mich/UT game was hands down the best bowl game last year. "

"Funny how? Does he amuse you? Funny how? Funny like a clown?"

"You are a shitty poster. You post nothing of relevance yet the sewage that spews from your posts suggests that you are an "elitist." Get fukked Raider fan." (This one I find very amusing)

"I would like Meds, cobra, pogue, saldatosser, g-pete to all come back.

I would like some of the so-called elite posters to actually walk the talk.

I would like their to be less forums, so there is more traffic i.e. one football, basketball, baseball thread.

Main Street and Park Place should be one forum. If some of suck so bad, then run some game and smack us around. Dont duck and hide and call us Tards." (Actually, this is the best one. You ask for it in your last paragraph)

You are adding absolutely zero to this board. I "feel the need" to chastize those who think this board is Main Street and feel the need to throw up worthless posts time, after time, after time. You want to do that shit in other forums, fine. Don't do it in here. The above is just a sampling of your epic takes. Prove you're better than that. Tighten up your shit.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Honestly, I dont really see anyone in here other than, Ouskull, who stands out. You fucks take yourself way to seriously. I wonder if you guys are this tough in person? Doubtful.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Wait around, if you can make it that long, until football season rolls around. Most of us here have been together for over 4 years and 3 boards or more. You're the new guy and you stand out to us because you're not adding, you're subtracting from this forum. Have you made one single argument that you've backed up on this board? I know you haven't because you haven't fuckin shut up since you started posting here.

Best way to not wear a title around here is to not act like the title that was given. We take ourselves too seriously? Why, did we hurt your feelings? If you looked at the family tree of this board, you would see Smack Chat as the patriarch. Smack Chat. That means people get smacked if someone disagrees with them. You literally fucking asked for it in the last quote in my previous post. You don't want to get smacked? Leave or start posting quality shit. I thought you knew more about sports than 80% here? Well, I'm calling your bluff. And before you come back with a retort, I'll clue you in that I have pocket aces.

Run along, Crown.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dude...

It's one thing to turn over a new leaf. It's another to say you are a completely different person.

Just about every one of us in here "turned over a new leaf" at some point. We all came in, got piled on, then realized THAT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU ARE NEW.

Some people just take 5 or 6 years to figure out it's time to "turn over a new leaf" I guess...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Killian wrote:Wait around, if you can make it that long, until football season rolls around. Most of us here have been together for over 4 years and 3 boards or more. You're the new guy and you stand out to us because you're not adding, you're subtracting from this forum. Have you made one single argument that you've backed up on this board? I know you haven't because you haven't fuckin shut up since you started posting here.

Best way to not wear a title around here is to not act like the title that was given. We take ourselves too seriously? Why, did we hurt your feelings? If you looked at the family tree of this board, you would see Smack Chat as the patriarch. Smack Chat. That means people get smacked if someone disagrees with them. You literally fucking asked for it in the last quote in my previous post. You don't want to get smacked? Leave or start posting quality shit. I thought you knew more about sports than 80% here? Well, I'm calling your bluff. And before you come back with a retort, I'll clue you in that I have pocket aces.

Run along, Crown.

Alright, Killian. We'll see this football season. I'm gonna take great pride in proving you wrong.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Cicero wrote:How would you like me to prove it Killian? Name it. How do I post unoriginal shit? Just cause at some point Crown got under your guys skin, I guess you feel the need to take it out on somebody else.
So at this point now you've dropped over one thousand posts on this board. Since January.

Can I remember a single one, or what it was about? No.

Crown or not, your 'takes' do suck.

Might I sugget a new avatar? You're welcome.

DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Look at all the recycled takes. I swear there should be a big green bin to put half this shit in.

ND fan and FSU fan calling UMIII overrated. Golly geewillikers......what a coincidence. The bride left at the altar and the sacrificial lamb both crying about him. No surprise there. That would be a big fat '30' for originality guys.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

My nominations:

10. The Army-Navy game. Sorry, Lefty, but I have to agree with those who mentioned it previously. Yes, this game has scads of tradition, but it's been close to a half-century, at least, since this game was meaningful to the upper echelon of college football, and it still gets plenty of run.

9. The SEC. Yes, there are plenty of traps in this conference for the unwary, and you can never take a last place team lightly here (possible exception for Vandy). But the talent level in the top half of the conference is not as good as its adherents insist.

8. The USC-UCLA rivalry. For my money, ND is a bigger rival for USC. Just ask Schmick.

7. Larry Coker.

6. The mid-major flavor of the month, and its chances vis-a-vis the truly elite programs in college football.

5. The Bowden family.

4. The ACC as the new "power conference" in college football.

3. Overtime. I know I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I'm not a fan of the overtime rule, as it completely eliminates a very important variable in the game of football -- field position. The NCAA's overtime rule is better suited for high school football, imho.

2. Oklahoma. At least the last two seasons, which brings me to #1 . . .

1. The BCS.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote: 3 - Boisie State -Hate the nasty blue field
Good job spelling Boise wrong. :lol: Can't wait to see a game at Bronco Stadium this season.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

felt a need to register just after reading this thread

The Rose Bowl is special because before the BCS came along the Rose Bowl was the only bowl that pitted 2 conference champions vs one another, the other bowls had one champion and an independent or runner up from other conferences.

UCLA is USC's biggest rival, Notre Dame though may be the most hated. Whats special about the USC-UCLA rivalry is that while all the other big rivalries may have 2 teams from the same region or even state, USC v. UCLA is two schools from the same city. Only about 8 miles apart are the two campuses and nowhere in town can you go about your day to day business without running across an alum or fan of the other school. You also have several students who undergrad at one school and then go to businesslaw/med/dental school at the other
Notre Dame is just a more heated rival, differnt lifestyles, different parts of the country, just a clash of cultures, but not a larger rival than UCLA.

as for my top 10 over rated

10. SEC in conf scheduling, more patsies than titans
9. playing 1aa schools before conf starts
8. Sun Belt conference, why are they not 1aa
7. Tennessees band, Rocky Top sucks
6. Beano Cook
5. Playing entire non conf schedule at home
4. Eastern/ Mid Western teams saying how tough they are
3. Artificial surfaces, especially blue and striped ones, football should only be played on grass
2. Spring games on TV, glorified practices vs the scout team
1. Computer polls
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Btw, honorable mention on my list to the benefits to ND of joining a conference.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.