Another headcover tuck success story

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Rushville
Elwood

Another headcover tuck success story

Post by Rushville »

Had a lesson last night with a girl for the second time. She first came to me because she hadn't played in a while and she wanted a tune up before a company golf outing. At that point I took her from barely hitting the ball to making good contact a decent amount of the time.

She came back because she's wanting to play more often this summer. Well, as happens with almost everyone that plays this game, once one problem gets fixed, another one pops up. Well, in her case, she came back and her backswing was incredibly flat. So the first move we made was to get her take-away on the right track so she's in the correct position at the top. Then she began to get very wristy with her take-away. So we began to focus on taking her wrists out of the swing. She has a hard time imitating my visual demostrations. So once we did that, then her right elbow started to "chicken wing" out at the top which caused new problems.

Once I saw that, I immediately knew it was time to go to the headcover.

She didn't have any so I pulled my driver head cover off and had her tuck it under her right armpit. The drill was then to take 3/4 swings without hitting any balls. By this time, we had hit so many hurdles in the lesson that we were out of balls so I went back to the machine to get balls and had her do that drill while I was gone. When I came back, we dropped the headcover and the focus was now to recreate the same feeling of that drill without the headcover being there.

At that point, we had 30 balls left and she hit 26-28 of them really well with her 6 iron and driver.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

So when you put the headcover under her armpit, did you stray the index finger for a feel?

Seriously, I will try that. I've hear it here and other places it is a great drill.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...